New User needing general help

Comments

• GuyGenesisGuyGenesis Posts: 142
    edited December 1969

Probably not the place to ask, but april 17 I bought V5 & M5 (along with some other things for a discounted price).

I'm thinking about buying Carrara 8 Pro which includes those two models, is there anyway that daz would trade out models?

I've already bought the supersuit by itself then the bundle later and since both were so heavily discounted I just let it go, but I hate for this to turn into a pattern.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

You can return them within 30 days. After that you could ask Sales Support, but I don't know if they would do it.

edited December 1969

Can you return just those models, or is it the whole order?

Thank you

edited December 1969

You can return just those bundles, although if you got an extra discount based on the cart total that you wouldn't have without those bundles, the refund will reflect that.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,093
    edited December 1969

In general you can just return individual items - the only complication might be if you had bought just enough items to qualify for an additional discount, and the return would take you below the threshold - in which case the refund would probably be adjust to reflect that.

edited May 2015

Thank you both.

Incase anyone wonders.
    I was informed refunding does not affect the whole order, just that particular item
    "If you purchase an item while on sale, it is on sale. "

Post edited by GuyGenesis on
    edited December 1969

Anyone familiar with "Thumbnail Mastery"?

I can't get the thumbnail size to change in library? (Set 200 in script, but remains 91 in library)
    Also can't get it to work with (save as...) materials to be specific?

I'm hoping this product works a bit better than I'm getting out of it, because it sounded like something I could really use.

edited December 1969

Quick question
    Using the Script IDE Pane, is there anyway to save loaded scripts to load with program on startup?

edited December 1969

Hello all
    A few questions if I may(a couple of repeats)
    1. Thumbnail Mastery
    Can't get it to apply thumbnail sizes(haven't tried in 4.8 yet)
    2, Script IDE Pane
    Is there anyway to save loaded scripts to load with program on startup?
    3. MY Library Folders(custom)
    Is there anyway to hide specific folders from appearing in program? (ex. similar to how the data folder is hidden)

Thank you all for your time once again

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,093
    edited December 1969

2. Just save the script, then use Edit>Preferences to set a file to load on Start up or on the creation of a new scene (using the Start up and Scene tabs).

3. Not that I am aware of, no. Generally if a hidden folder is required it is placed in the Runtime folder - as with the Runtime/Support folder which has the metadata for the CMS.

edited December 1969

Thank you once again.

Another question please
    When assigning new surfaces to a predefined item is there anyway to save it without overwriting the original?

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Thank you once again.

Another question please
    When assigning new surfaces to a predefined item is there anyway to save it without overwriting the original?

You should be able to put in a new name in the save dialog...

edited June 2015

Thanks but It keeps overwriting the original.

What I've done
    -Changed Scene Name
    -Saved as Figure/Prop Asset with new file name
    -Changed Item Name in Figure/Prop save options

When I say predefined I'm referring specifically to an in-program item, if it matters. In this case, the shirt from the Morphing Business Suit
    *EDIT would changing the product name help?

edited December 1969

One more

I dialed in a number of shapes for a character, then with shirt attached I used deformers to balance out said shirt. I then exported the item which brings me to my question
    After reimporting how do I get it to stay true to its original shape upon autofit? I know about the near vertices and the reverse source from target, but the shirt keeps trying to morph with the base character's pre dialed shapes? Is there a way to remove the morph data from the shirt or to replace default shape with a morph? I tried to save out the dials as a character preset but accidentally locked in an expression on my base character, but after a couple hours of trying things, I finally found and manually removed the bad files.

Thanks again again

edited December 1969

Found another way of doing the last two, but wouldn't mind a little insight if it's not too much trouble.

Sorry to be so inquisitive, just trying to learn. Daz is a wonderful program and I'm really enjoying it, it's just much more complicated(3D) than what I'm use to.

-I've created a hair, beard, and eyebrow cap for personal use with LAMH, but after using the transfer utility although it moves and morphs with the Genesis character, it doesn't follow the dialed in posing.
    So I was wondering is there anyway to get it to mimic the posing as it does with the morphs?

Thanks Again

• ben98120000ben98120000 Posts: 469
    edited December 1969

One more

I dialed in a number of shapes for a character, then with shirt attached I used deformers to balance out said shirt. I then exported the item which brings me to my question
    After reimporting how do I get it to stay true to its original shape upon autofit? I know about the near vertices and the reverse source from target, but the shirt keeps trying to morph with the base character's pre dialed shapes? Is there a way to remove the morph data from the shirt or to replace default shape with a morph? I tried to save out the dials as a character preset but accidentally locked in an expression on my base character, but after a couple hours of trying things, I finally found and manually removed the bad files.

Thanks again again

Select the shirt, click with right mouse button on the parameters tab and from menu activate "Show Hidden Properties". You should now see in the shirts parameters tab menu "Actor" which contains morphs transfered from the figure so you can dial them to 0.
    edited December 2015

Thanks ben

Just a general question,
    I recently ran across a website called Morph3D and after reading through the site I'm still wondering, what is it? Is it specificly being built for Unity based games? Is it a companion program to Daz? Is it a replacement/new direction to Daz? How will the Darwin Platform be different from Genesis?

Anyone know anything?

Thanks

• Hello once again

I've modeled a building: I would like to put it in daz as a whole, and then add sections to hide in the scene tab. Is this possible? Or do I have to import the individual sections into daz and save as a scene or scene subset?

As always thank you for your time and help.

• Yes, you can turn it into a figure and then assign each section to a bone - the individual bones can then be hidden or shown as desired. You can either group the model before export and then create the figure in the Figure Setup pane, or you can import as OBJ, turn it into a figure, then group with the Geoemtry Editor tool and add bones with the Joint Editor in DS

• Okay thank you, one more quick question if you please:

When using shaders, does a model's mesh have to contain similarly sized polygons? or can some be large and others small?

• Shaders don't greatly care - really big polygons can produce odd results in the way UVs are interpolated, but that's typically where a whole wall is a single non-square polygon.

• Thank you once again Mr. Haseltine

While categorizing, some of my (category)files have disappeared or so it would appear. Only one file is visible, but when I remove that particular refrence one of the hidden ones takes its' place becoming visible, and so on... until I have removed however many files exist in that particular (category)folder. Copy & paste, Categorize - both cause the problem to repeat at this point. I'm not sure what is causing this and would like to know if there is a fix, other than reseting the database and losing my entire arrangment?(already done this once)

Thank you again.

• That's not a problem I'm aware of having seen before. Could you post a screen shot (or shots) showing what you are seeing?

• While waiting,

I had uninstalled the troubled content from the install manager then reinstalled from within the program and it seems to have fixed the problem. Sorry for the trouble and sorry for no screen shots.

Just to recap - The problem: Open My DAZ Library>aniBlocks>aniMate>Dance) Choose & Categorize all 8 files into) Category>Animation>Dance) Once Categorized only 1 of the 8 files is present in said category) Remove Refrence) 2nd file becomes visible with 1st removed, but still only a single file is visible. When repeated with the removal of the previous file the next becomes visible. (Hope that helps)

edited February 2016

One more if I may,

.357 Magnum Revolver has a geometry switch(hidden & only 1 option) but it doesn't seem to work. I can save out a MAT preset to hide the scope, achieving the desired effect, but was wondering if and how I could go about getting it to work as it should?

Thank you again

• Getting really frustrated here! nothing works, says the files are missing for most all  the things I have bought, where are they? I get it, this is a program designed for us to spend money to buy things, however, even when we do , they dont work! Not  a happy camper , wasting time and money playing barbie!

Getting really frustrated here! nothing works, says the files are missing for most all  the things I have bought, where are they? I get it, this is a program designed for us to spend money to buy things, however, even when we do , they dont work! Not  a happy camper , wasting time and money playing barbie!

How are you installing the items?

edited February 2016

@ Spirit

I've ran into that problem a bit too inside of Daz Connect. The geometry files are missing in those instances(in my experience) from My Connect Library, I don't know why or how to get them to download(have uninstalled and reinstalled), but what I have found to work in said situation is to open up the install manager and download specifically the daz version.

Hello all,

I was hoping for a couple of quick answers, if you please

1.)Some items are suppose to have geometry switches, do these not usually work in daz? are they mostly for poser only?
    Ex. Breast Cancer Research Russian Egg has a working switch(multiple geometry options), .357 Magnum Revolver has one aswell but it doesn't work for me(single geometry option)

2.)Is there a way to save out materials to work as shaders(universal a.k.a. across multiple items)? or is saving as a shader the only option?

Thank you for taking the time.

edited June 2016

Question

When importing a morph through morph loader pro, how do you get a parented object to move/follow it?

Nevermind, Finally found where parented objects are attached to scale not morph, and afterwords found a tutorial

*Edited