[Released] Fashion Editorial Poses and Expressions for Genesis 8 Females [Commercial]

Those ThingsThose Things Posts: 1,113
edited January 2019 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Ok, I went a little bit crazy here. I got super inspired by supermodel Coca Rocha's "Study of Pose" book, and decided to do a collection of fashion magazine editorial poses. I gathered a huge pile of fashion magazines together, and started ripping out pages. I originally intended to do a collection of about 30 poses, but I just couldn't stop myself and ended up doing 60, and then 100, and then finally 120 before I got hold of myself and stopped. And then I did mirrors for them all, because you gotta have mirrors. Also, sometime during the whole crazy process, I saw a forum thread where people were saying that it was really difficult to pose a figure with the arms crossed, so I included a few variations of that, too. Oh, and I also did a collection of 30 facial expressions to go with the poses, and happily discovered that they work beautifully on Genesis 8 males, too, which I was not expecting. That's an extra lucky bonus for you, if you pick this up. So, if you've ever wanted to create your own fashion editorials in Daz, or just need a ridiculously large collection of poses to show off your clothing models, or you've got a pose mixer addiction and need new raw material, well...this collection is for you.  

fep_main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 695K
fep_popup_1.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 519K
fep_popup_2.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 775K
fep_popup_3.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 771K
fep_popup_4.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 596K
fep_popup_5.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 549K
fep_popup_6.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 713K
fep_popup_7.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 561K
fep_popup_8.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 403K
fep_popup_9.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 693K
fep_popup_10.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 480K
fep_popup_11.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 694K
fep_popup_12.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 693K
fep_popup_13.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 396K
fep_popup_14.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 1M
Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Looks like we were inspired by some of the same poses (e.g., the first one in your pic below). That one's also in my pose set from Rendo, along with a couple of other Coco poses. :-)

Looks great! I'll be picking it up. I LOVE me some high fashion poses.

• Those ThingsThose Things Posts: 1,113

Looks like we were inspired by some of the same poses (e.g., the first one in your pic below). That one's also in my pose set from Rendo, along with a couple of other Coco poses. :-)

Looks great! I'll be picking it up. I LOVE me some high fashion poses.

Ha ha, great minds! I see from that thumbnail we have a couple of others in common too.

• Are they making it to the store soon?

Are they making it to the store soon?

Yep, they're all approved and in the release queue. Should see them any day now.

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,959
    These look really good. Looking forward to getting them.
    These look really good. Looking forward to getting them.

Thank you, Alliekatblue! That's great to hear. :)

• Are they making it to the store soon?

Yep, they're all approved and in the release queue. Should see them any day now.

Great!  I have just a bit of money left from the holiday - this looks like a fine way to spend it:-)

edited January 2019

In case anyone is curious how the expressions look on Genesis 8 males, I did some quick and dirty renders on a variety of dudes. Most of the expressions work perfectly right out of the box, and the rest with only tiny adjustments. Of course you have to load them from your content library, and some of them are very feminine, but I'm kind of shocked at how much feeling they convey when they're applied to a male face.

MenX7.jpg
    500 x 500 - 121K
    MenX1.jpg
    500 x 500 - 137K
    MenX2.jpg
    500 x 500 - 120K
    MenX3.jpg
    500 x 500 - 127K
    MenX5.jpg
    500 x 500 - 148K
    MenX6.jpg
    500 x 500 - 116K
    MenX8.jpg
    500 x 500 - 120K
    Post edited by Those Things on
  • Do you have any expression products in the works? I ported your expressions from g3 to g8 and I pretty much use them all the time. Best expression products, and it looks like this one will be great, too.
    Do you have any expression products in the works? I ported your expressions from g3 to g8 and I pretty much use them all the time. Best expression products, and it looks like this one will be great, too.

Thank you so much, that's so nice to hear! I've got another one coming very soon, but it's kind of huge (like this one, but even bigger) so I'm still working on it.

• Do you have any expression products in the works? I ported your expressions from g3 to g8 and I pretty much use them all the time. Best expression products, and it looks like this one will be great, too.

Thank you so much, that's so nice to hear! I've got another one coming very soon, but it's kind of huge (like this one, but even bigger) so I'm still working on it.

Well, I can guarantee I will insta-buy it! 

Released today. My third baby. I'm so proud. :)

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,639

You outdid yourself somebody. Excellent work. I don't do much editorial stuff, but most of the poses can be used for every day scenes.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276

Incredible looking set! And SO MANY poses and expressions! I'm definitely going to pick these ups! :D

Incredible looking set! And SO MANY poses and expressions! I'm definitely going to pick these ups! :D

Thank you! That's so nice to hear!

xyer0 said:

You outdid yourself somebody. Excellent work. I don't do much editorial stuff, but most of the poses can be used for every day scenes.

Thank you! I really appreciate that.

• In the cart waiting for the weekend.  If you end up doing another set I'd love to see normal activity poses .. and without heels.  

In the cart waiting for the weekend.  If you end up doing another set I'd love to see normal activity poses .. and without heels.  

Oh right, heels. Something like 99% of the fashion shots I researched, had the models in heels. I worry about those poor girls. I bet their feet hurt after photoshoots. :(

But yeah, if I do a normal activity set, they won't be in heels. :D

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Second that. I never use heels so I will often end up passing on many pose sets. Too much hassle posing the feet myself. Other than that this is an absolutely lovely set. Look forward to seeing more.

Sigurd said:

Second that. I never use heels so I will often end up passing on many pose sets. Too much hassle posing the feet myself. Other than that this is an absolutely lovely set. Look forward to seeing more.

Thank you, Sigurd! I appreciate the compliment tremendously. 

• FONSECAFONSECA Posts: 469
    edited September 2019

Thank you for this item set, and please list the names of the female character figures and their clothes model names that you used in your images. Thanks again.

Post edited by FONSECA on
  • Thank you for this item set, and please list the names of the female character figures and their clothes model names that you used in your images. Thanks again.

Hi FlashGarcia! Glad you like the set! I don't remember everything I used, but I do know the following:

Models: I used Zelara 8, Mei Lin 8, Monique 8, and just the plain ol' Genesis 8 base female (with other figure's materials applied). I usually blend figures together, until they look how I want them to look, so there's probably bits of other figures in there too, you know how it is.
    Hair: Wild Wind Hair (my favorite hair of all), Cathy Hair, Kinley Hair, Classic Bob Hair, Omri hair, Whitney hair, and Toulouse hair.
    Clothes:  It's a fashion set, so I just went crazy and I bashed a lot of pieces together. I mainly used pieces from outfits like Bad Girl's dress, Mahaut Fantasy Outfit, Chic Fashion Gothic Outfit, Fashion Sophisticate Outfit, Universal Dress (love this product), Summer Socialite Outfit, Misty Pastel Goth Outfit, Cherry Blossom Outfit, Rocker Outfit, and maybe Cailin Dress too (with a dForce modifier added). For some reason, I kept using the shoes from the Summer Socialite Outfit over and over, and just changed their materials. Those are some great shoes. :)

Hope that helps! 

• FONSECAFONSECA Posts: 469

Thanks for your model information. Your female posing renders between the small posing images are very good; you have that special green thumb talent but here would it be called a "digital thumb". An inspiration for me to get to work with my new fast, but bargain basement priced, desktop computer. My last desktop computer crashed late September of last year, and it wasn't until about 2 months ago that I could afford a new one.

Thanks for your model information. Your female posing renders between the small posing images are very good; you have that special green thumb talent but here would it be called a "digital thumb". An inspiration for me to get to work with my new fast, but bargain basement priced, desktop computer. My last desktop computer crashed late September of last year, and it wasn't until about 2 months ago that I could afford a new one.

Wow, thank you so much, that's quite a compliment! And congrats on getting a new computer too. :)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

I just got this product recently, after finding the Advanced Seated Poses and falling in love with them. So far I've only tried one pose with Hann Mei and a couple long dForce dresses and and a few camera angles.

Hann Mei_001_Wide Angle Camera.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 2M
    Han Mei_Wide Angle Camera.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 2M
    Han Mei_Upper Body Camera.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 3M
    Han Mei_From Above Camera.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 2M
  • barbult said:

I just got this product recently, after finding the Advanced Seated Poses and falling in love with them. So far I've only tried one pose with Hann Mei and a couple long dForce dresses and and a few camera angles.

Gorgeous renders! Han Mei is such a perfect character mesh for these sorts of poses.

edited March 2020

Here is another one. This is not exactly a fashion shoot, but the pose worked well anyway. The character is a dialed mix with Sisi's skin. Thanks for another great pose set.

Edit: I added another pose of the same subject.

Sisi Tarian Outfit Barn_Default Camera PS.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 3M
    Sisi Tarian Outfit Barn FEP Pose 004.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 3M
    Post edited by barbult on

Really nice job. The dried grasses, the lighting, everything is top notch.

Thank you. The dried grasses are just billboards that come with the old barn.
    edited March 2020

I made this render to demonstrate the dForce Faye Hair to someone who was having problems with it.. Since I used one of your poses from this set, I'll post it here, too. I changed the head pose to look down for the purpose of the hair draping.

Faye Hair Drape Forward_003.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 462K
    Post edited by barbult on