Kharma's Korner

Comments

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

Something new..this is shae for josie6 wearing Grecian goddess outfit, genesis cape and david pose. The lights are predatron. Just playing around with stuff to see how it fits :)

flying.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 465K
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

LOL- the magic top that does not flop forward and swing down. Gotta love it! (Because if you rendered it that way it would certainly violate TOS!) I like the cape, its the one I used on Riley laying on the cannon. When laying flat, it is a bit of a challenge to get it to flow and not poof up in places. I like the flow on yours.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Sort of makes me wonder where they got breast tape (clothing thing, really) way back when they wore (ya right) those.

edited December 1969

I thought it was too funny when I was posting it I wondered ..."What the heck is holding that top there" LoL had to post it , its my fantasy art haha

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

Well, the one thing that could be holding the "top" in place is inertia from her forward momentum. As she flies forward, wind resistance and inertia drag the top back, keeping it in place. Of course, once she stops moving forward, inertia would send to top flying forwards.

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

Very nice picture ...well done...Trish

edited December 1969

An absolutely beautiful character by P3Design...P3 Aretha but please don't ask what this ranger is doing on the beach...lol.I just happened to find it in my runtime not even sure where it came from...maybe in starter essentials update?

beach_ranger.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 571K
    edited December 1969

Another new character by P3Design called Aydin and the hair is Paradise hair by 3Dream. Just playing around with AoA lights again

paradise.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 740K
    edited December 1969

WOW: Beautiful ladies.....lighting is wonderful....Trish

edited December 1969

Excellent job! And everyone goes to the beach. She's just waiting for her ship to come in.

edited December 1969

Thanks Trish and Novica :)

edited January 2014

Thought I's try out the supersuit, as I haven't used it since I bought it. Randall Lloyd has some great videos on youtube on the ins and outs of the supersuit well worth watching. The character is my own creation starting with A5 tweaked a bit , and a gen4 mat. The light is from predatron but I removed the UE2 and replaced it with an AAL at default settings. I was reading in the Olympia thread about changing gamma and the standard is 2.00 whereas DS the default is 1.00, so I did the first render at 1 and the second at 2 to see if there was much difference. Comments welcome:)

EDIT: the forums keep reversing my pics, the first is gamma 2 and the second 1

supersuit2.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 543K
    supersuit.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 604K
    Post edited by Kharma on
  • IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

Well you've taught me something new! Thanks for the tip about gamma, Kharma. It really does change the whole mood.

Is there anything between 1 and 2, or do we only get to choose one or the other? While I like the softness of the gamma 2 render, I'd be tempted to tweak it if I could to get just a little of the saturation back. But it's all subjective. I like her dynamic pose, and that's a great hair choice to pair with her furry and feminine supersuit!

edited December 1969

Jindi said:
    Well you've taught me something new! Thanks for the tip about gamma, Kharma. It really does change the whole mood.

Is there anything between 1 and 2, or do we only get to choose one or the other? While I like the softness of the gamma 2 render, I'd be tempted to tweak it if I could to get just a little of the saturation back. But it's all subjective. I like her dynamic pose, and that's a great hair choice to pair with her furry and feminine supersuit!

Thanks Jindi, the whole gamma thing was new to me too, but I do believe that you could do any setting such as 1.5 , I do find at 2 it looks a bit washed out. I really like the supersuit but there is so much to it, it will take forever to try everything :)

edited December 1969

Kharma: WoW that makes a world of difference .......thank you for sharing that info.....Trish

edited December 1969

I really like the silver area on her hip (more detailed.) Love the render- the pose, the character, the clothes. I haven't tried gamma tweaks- thanks for the idea!

edited December 1969

Working on my lighting and using UE2 on Brandon with some custom adjustments to him. The render took one hour at 2000 x 2000 . This picture was the result of using the Portrait lighting tutorial by Lacitis Imagery.

portrait_tutorial.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Brandon is looking good...and thanks for helping find that hidden folder the other day......Trish

edited December 1969

Wouldn't want to meet him in a dark alley, but on the forums is another story :) VERY nice job.
    So he needs a sweetheart....

edited December 1969

Something new I have been working on ... these girls were just hanging around in my library so they decided to get out and have some fun today.

wall_walk_2.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 668K
    edited December 1969

Love the boots laying there- what an imp!

edited December 1969

Another new project...learning photoshop! I always used PSP which I knew my way around but I no longer have it on my computer as my newest version is PSP8 and the company has changed hands. I contacted them about a password as it is not on the box nor the disk, and they said that was prior to corel owning it and they couldn't help. I haven't even tried to install it, maybe I don't have to have a password?

Anyway I thought I would try out Ron's Fog II and see how it works...

sorcery.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 566K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited January 2014

PSP 8 doesn't need a password, and it works on my Win 7 64 bit PC

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

thanks for the tip chohole , I haven't gotten around to trying to install it so I wasn't sure it's been a while. I will install it tonite when I get home from work.

edited December 1969

WIP ....Working with Mutiplane Cyclorama winter wonder 2004 texture,, snow shader and haze camera, and the Big cat 2

Thirsty.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 823K
    edited December 1969

Beautiful job .....love the Kitty....Trish

edited December 1969

Learning Bryce .... my first render

fog_on_the_water3lg.jpg
    2000 x 969 - 224K
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

Nice render. I like how the water and the sky look.

edited December 1969

Working with DOF and the Big Cat 2 , the background is Mil Environment Serengeti with Greek ruins

lazy_lionsDOF.jpg
    1366 x 768 - 641K
    edited December 1969

very nice.....