Kharma's Korner

Comments

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited February 2014

Thanks Bullitt, I appreciate the comments :)

Playing with the HDR Prosets Yosemite.....any critiques are very welcome :)

Edit to change photo as discovered some poke through on his shirt

forest_fawn.jpg
    1280 x 800 - 854K
    Post edited by Kharma on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Very well done. But you missed the eyes, he is looking PAST Bambi and not at him. I have a tut some place on making a EYE pointer Rig. I use one on all my figures to aim where they are looking. Its just 3 Nulls Parented and you then use Point at on the Figures eyes to follow it. Very easy to use and set up. It's in one of the old New User Contest threads I do believe.

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Very well done. But you missed the eyes, he is looking PAST Bambi and not at him. I have a tut some place on making a EYE pointer Rig. I use one on all my figures to aim where they are looking. Its just 3 Nulls Parented and you then use Point at on the Figures eyes to follow it. Very easy to use and set up. It's in one of the old New User Contest threads I do believe.
    I don't even bother with Nulls. I simply select the eyes and use Point At to point them at whatever I want them looking at directly. If I want the character looking at another character's face, I point the eyes at the person's face. If a guy's supposed to be looking at an attractive girl's "assets", that's what I point his eyes at. No need for Nulls.
    edited February 2014

I started using Nulls when I noticed the crossed eyes look when just point at is used in some cases. It just became standard practice for me now.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the tips Jaderail and TrampGraphics, I will search for the link for your eye nulls, which I haven't used before and I kinda forgot about point at for the eyes. Will try both out and see if I can fix the eyes. :)

edited December 1969

While flitting through the Enchanted forest, Harleigh the elf sprite came across Shamus protecting his pot of gold, but what he didn't notice is that one small gold coin had slipped off the pot into the grass beneath. Of course, Harleigh spotted it with surprise wondering how she was going to sneak it without Shamus noticing.
    Shamus, needless to say was keeping a squinted eye on Harleigh, wondering what she was up to now.....

forest_elves2.jpg
    1280 x 800 - 909K
    edited December 1969

Excellent expressions. You really captured the moment.

edited December 1969

Excellent expressions. You really captured the moment.

Thank you very much :)

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

I'm sure Harleigh will find a way to get it. Very cute scene!
    I like your deer scene too. You managed to plant the person's feet properly, which is something I always have to triple check.

Normally, what I do for the eyes is to simply go behind the character and look through the camera from the person's view. If your camera is where the person's head/eyes are and you are looking at the object, it works everytime and is fast and easy. Just be sure you are viewing from eye level and not the top of the head. :)

edited December 1969

Novica said:
    I'm sure Harleigh will find a way to get it. Very cute scene!
    I like your deer scene too. You managed to plant the person's feet properly, which is something I always have to triple check.

Normally, what I do for the eyes is to simply go behind the character and look through the camera from the person's view. If your camera is where the person's head/eyes are and you are looking at the object, it works everytime and is fast and easy. Just be sure you are viewing from eye level and not the top of the head. :)

Thanks Novica, unfortunately I forgot to save my scene for the deer so haven't gotten back to resetting it so i could fix where he's looking. I will definitely keep the camera tips in mind for my next attempt :)

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

Congratulations on winning best new user in Bryce!!!!....Trish

edited December 1969

Working with GenX2 , this is Barliecorn for A4 transferred to Genesis 2, she transferred easily including the eyefix preset. She has 7 different ear morphs that wouldn't transfer as presets but I successfully transferred them with individual sliders. I added this background but haven't done any postwork yet, still learning the in's and out's of that, just wanted something nice behind her. I used a G2 material for her but can't remember which one, will post if I figure it out. The picture is very large, as I couldn't figure out how to resize the background to fit correctly. If anyone can tell me that it's appreciated.

Barliecornresize_.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Barliecorn is adorable!!!
    When you say re-size, which program are you trying to re-size in?

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

Kharma: What I do is go to my render settings and then import the background picture then it re-sizes to what your render size is....Hope that's what you mean....(learned that from Jaderail).....Hope you are working on your Springtime theme for the Bryce contest also ...looking forward to see what you come up with.....Trish

edited March 2014

Any Background Image will auto size to the Aspect Frame setting if you have it turned on...

EDIT: As a Background remember to save as JPG or it will still be a Alpha trans layer in a PNG file..

AspectFrame.png
    948 x 954 - 121K
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

I haven't posted anything in my art corner for so long.... this is the new Pebbles character for Giselle 6, a simple portrait of her face with oneAoA advanced ambient light.

pebbles.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 526K
    edited December 1969

Very pretty Kharma- she looks etheral :)

edited December 1969

Novica said:
    Very pretty Kharma- she looks etheral :)

Thanks Novica, I have to admit fairies are my favorite character and I was thrilled when giselle came out :)

edited December 1969

Testing some more stuff I forgot I had, Shape shift and Morph Resource Kit 2. I made this morph I call Tobi and saved as a shape morph which I wasn't sure was correct. When you save this as shape in the drop down everything was checked to save and I left it that way. what does that mean I am saving and am I supposed to leave them all checked ? How do I know which ones I actually need to check off to save?

P.S. My Tobi character was made from genesis2 female

Tobi2.jpg
    720 x 960 - 96K
    Tobi1.jpg
    720 x 960 - 101K
    Tobiface.jpg
    720 x 960 - 246K
    edited December 1969

And one more close up of her face...the eyes and texture are Keshi, Riva updo hair and G2 bikini

Tobiface2.jpg
    720 x 960 - 369K
    edited December 1969

Did you find that the Riva Updo took a really long time to render? I did that one just two days ago and abandoned it because I didn't have to have it, was just throwing something on a figure and it took forever. Then I was like, "Oh now I remember..."

I haven't use the Shape Shift so can't help out there.

Love your Keshi!!

edited December 1969

Novica said:
    Did you find that the Riva Updo took a really long time to render? I did that one just two days ago and abandoned it because I didn't have to have it, was just throwing something on a figure and it took forever. Then I was like, "Oh now I remember..."

I haven't use the Shape Shift so can't help out there.

Love your Keshi!!

Thanks Novica, IIRC it took about 15 minutes, but I only had one AoA Ambient light in the scene. it is one of my favorites so I hope in a future more involved scene it won't slow down the rendering time too much. I have some others that I won't even use as they take forever, its called fibermesh hair such as candycurlz. Could be my machine just isn't powerful enough?

edited December 1969

Just playing around with some lights and DOF, I think I have everything Mec4d has in her store here so thought I would try a render of one.

queens_tea.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 829K
    edited December 1969

DOF is really nice, so is the lighting. :) The only thing I don't like is the texture of that chair (and that's not your fault) because it looks like stone texture to me at first glance. I had to do a double take to see that it was a chair.

edited December 1969

Novica said:
    DOF is really nice, so is the lighting. :) The only thing I don't like is the texture of that chair (and that's not your fault) because it looks like stone texture to me at first glance. I had to do a double take to see that it was a chair.

thanks Novica, I thought the chair texture looked funky too, very much like stone but should be tweed I think. Tried to change the lighting to make it look better but it wasn't happening :)

edited December 1969

Testing some more lighting techniques, this uses one of the presets for the Advanced Ambient and spotlights. Turned the shadowsdown on the spotlight as they were very strong and also remembered to set cast shadows to off for the pants and veil otherwise they render solid.

branwen1002nights.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 843K
    edited December 1969

I haven't done anything transparent yet like the pants- that's good to know about the shadows. I'm curious as to why the shadows are what make it solid though? Can't the opacity for the pants be adjusted to make them filmy looking?

She looks good! Check your PM's in a few minutes.

edited December 1969

Kharma said:
    Novica said:

thanks Novica, I thought the chair texture looked funky too, very much like stone but should be tweed I think. Tried to change the lighting to make it look better but it wasn't happening :)Check the Surfaces tab and see if the texture is a seamless texture or mapped texture. If it's a seamless texture, try adjusting the horizontal and vertical tiling.

edited December 1969

@ Novica, I did try to adjust the opacity but it didn't work properly for some reason, so when I asked about it in the AoA light thread I was told to turn off cast shadows and it would render properly and it did. I haven't tried with other types of lights tho so not sure if it will be the same results but I assume so :) My next things to figure out is getting mirrors to reflect and glass to look like glass instead of solid

@Tramp Graphics, thank you for the tip on adjusting the texture, I will try that and see what the result are

edited December 1969

finally a render with the hivewire horse, of course still practicing different lighting techniques. Please feel free to suggest any lighting tips as I can use the input...lighting is tough!

hot_desert.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 717K