[Released] RSSY Clothing Converter from Michael 4 to Genesis 8 Male [Commercial]

Comments

• Artini said:

Converted Lockwood - https://www.daz3d.com/lockwood-for-m4

on Christian 8 - https://www.daz3d.com/christian-8

Materials of the clothes converted with RSSY 3DL to Iray - https://www.daz3d.com/rssy-3delight-to-iray-converter

and Diffuse Roughness bumped to 1.0

Artini said:

Converted Kitsune for M4 on Christian 8. Materials also converted with RSSY 3DL to Iray.

I have converted also the tail, but probably will be better to use the original.

Artini said:

Converted Galius Antonius for M4 on Christian 8. Materials converted with RSSY 3DL to Iray

plus some iray shaders applied.

Thanks for sharing all of them @Artini

• kimhkimh Posts: 386

Thank you! thank you! thank you! laugh

Herne for G8M test.png
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
  • kimh said:

Thank you! thank you! thank you! laugh

You are very welcome!

• kimhkimh Posts: 386

And one more quick one before I head to bed IgnisSepentus' Godspeed

Godspeed for G8M test.png
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
  • TerryDTerryD Posts: 27
    TerryD said:

Ok here's another one, I tried to raise my game. Unfortunately mixing 3Delight and Iray surfaces up, and then I think I tried to render in 3Delight with Iray lights - which I think is what kept causing DAZ Studio to crash... Well you get the picture, not exactly competent yet. Only had DAZ to play with... well several years.

The Hardcore for M4 clothes converted way better than using autofit - except for the shirt which ends up as mush however I do it, which for the time being is why he's missing it. The boots distorted when I posed the figure - but I guess I could get round that easily enough by replacing with a later generation version or something similar that converts better. Happy to substitute bits to make the whole outfit work. The trousers, jacket, gloves and belts look pretty good to me, except I can't quite straighten that left side jacket edge (but you should see what a mess autofit does with it). At the moment a work in progress but this is just the kind of outfit I'd like to move over to G8.

That is a cool outfit.  I went and checked and I have it, so I am happy!  smiley  I found the shirt converted ok.  There is not much to it though.  The boots are meh as you indicated.  I used RSSY 3DL to Iray on the materials.

That's it, show me up! Actually that's really useful, your image shows me what can be done, I'm not quite getting it right yet. I thought maybe it was something to do with how this outfit responds to a pose, but your pose is more extreme than mine. It seemed to me the correction morphs you add was a large advantage over the autofit route, but maybe I'm overdoing it on using the morphs and smoothing so adding distortion rather than making it better. May I ask how much work you did after the initial conversion? I guess there's a danger of trying to make clothing fit better than it ever did in the first place!

• MouserMouser Posts: 675

Works well with most clothes I've thrown at it so far but I'm not sure what is happening here?

Some objects x4 just around under the hem.

Product https://www.daz3d.com/slicer

Vslicer.jpg
    500 x 650 - 87K
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,869
    Mouser said:

Works well with most clothes I've thrown at it so far but I'm not sure what is happening here?

Those are, so called, handles. Just hide them from rendering, by setting Cutout Opacity of them to 0 (if in iray materials).

• kimh said:

And one more quick one before I head to bed IgnisSepentus' Godspeed

That is a cool one too!  (Just checking... hey, I have it!)  Thanks for sharing. laugh

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,372
    edited February 2019
    TerryD said:
    TerryD said:

Ok here's another one, I tried to raise my game. Unfortunately mixing 3Delight and Iray surfaces up, and then I think I tried to render in 3Delight with Iray lights - which I think is what kept causing DAZ Studio to crash... Well you get the picture, not exactly competent yet. Only had DAZ to play with... well several years.

The Hardcore for M4 clothes converted way better than using autofit - except for the shirt which ends up as mush however I do it, which for the time being is why he's missing it. The boots distorted when I posed the figure - but I guess I could get round that easily enough by replacing with a later generation version or something similar that converts better. Happy to substitute bits to make the whole outfit work. The trousers, jacket, gloves and belts look pretty good to me, except I can't quite straighten that left side jacket edge (but you should see what a mess autofit does with it). At the moment a work in progress but this is just the kind of outfit I'd like to move over to G8.

That is a cool outfit.  I went and checked and I have it, so I am happy!  smiley  I found the shirt converted ok.  There is not much to it though.  The boots are meh as you indicated.  I used RSSY 3DL to Iray on the materials.

That's it, show me up! Actually that's really useful, your image shows me what can be done, I'm not quite getting it right yet. I thought maybe it was something to do with how this outfit responds to a pose, but your pose is more extreme than mine. It seemed to me the correction morphs you add was a large advantage over the autofit route, but maybe I'm overdoing it on using the morphs and smoothing so adding distortion rather than making it better. May I ask how much work you did after the initial conversion? I guess there's a danger of trying to make clothing fit better than it ever did in the first place!

The smoothing is on.  I do use TightenAll but rarely over 100%.  Then, if I have to, I will use some of the more specific morphs.

On conversion, I did change the Jacket to use the Coat conformer but I don't think it mattered in this case since the jacket is short.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • Artini said:
    Mouser said:

Those are, so called, handles. Just hide them from rendering, by setting Cutout Opacity of them to 0 (if in iray materials).

What @Artini said.  laugh  I've gotten annoyed hiding those things so I made up a couple scripts to hide/show any material with the word "handle" in it in the scene.  You're welcome to use them.

dsa
    dsa
    Hide Surface Handles.dsa
    759B
    dsa
    dsa
    Show Surface Handles.dsa
    759B
    TerryD said:
    TerryD said:

The smoothing is on.  I do use TightenAll but rarely over 100%.  Then, if I have to, I will use some of the more specific morphs.

On conversion, I did change the Jacket to use the Coat conformer but I don't think it mattered in this case since the jacket is short.

Thanks for the reply, I've got to where I'm happy with it. I never did get the shirt to work, it deformed badly every time I tried to use smoothing. Easy enough to replace. I remembered Sickleyield did some special footwear projection templates with her SMRS product for Genesis, so I used that to convert the boots then your Genesis converter to get them to G8M. Everything else I minimised use of morphs. Oh and I used your 3DL to Iray converter. A real conversion fest.

M4 Hardcore G8M 4.png
    910 x 890 - 1M
  • TerryD said:
    TerryD said:
    TerryD said:

Thanks for the reply, I've got to where I'm happy with it. I never did get the shirt to work, it deformed badly every time I tried to use smoothing. Easy enough to replace. I remembered Sickleyield did some special footwear projection templates with her SMRS product for Genesis, so I used that to convert the boots then your Genesis converter to get them to G8M. Everything else I minimised use of morphs. Oh and I used your 3DL to Iray converter. A real conversion fest.

You're welcome!  It looks really good.

• EsemwyEsemwy Posts: 577

OK, here's a weird one. I kinew it would be a challenge, but I've got no idea what's going on. I purchased Major Cache For Michael 4 because, why the heck not.

Initially there was some weird geometry, especially in the legs, but I got rid of that by turning off smoothing and collisions, and eventually removed the smoothing modifier altogether. In the preview window all is fine.

In the render, what the heck!

Any suggestions? I have no idea what's going on here. Once I've rendered, even the preview is wrong and I have to force a redraw to get things to revert.

• Esemwy said:

OK, here's a weird one. I kinew it would be a challenge, but I've got no idea what's going on. I purchased Major Cache For Michael 4 because, why the heck not.

Initially there was some weird geometry, especially in the legs, but I got rid of that by turning off smoothing and collisions, and eventually removed the smoothing modifier altogether. In the preview window all is fine.

In the render, what the heck!

Any suggestions? I have no idea what's going on here. Once I've rendered, even the preview is wrong and I have to force a redraw to get things to revert.

I'm sorry, I don't know.  Looks like a transparency problem of some sort.

Artini said:
    Mouser said:

What @Artini said.  laugh  I've gotten annoyed hiding those things so I made up a couple scripts to hide/show any material with the word "handle" in it in the scene.  You're welcome to use them.

Anything that saves me doing even the least bit of work is awesome;)

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,009
    Mouser said:
    Artini said:
    Mouser said:

Have you got some scripts for that in Real Life?

Ravi wants to know why he's been dumped in front of a tree in this ridiculous outfit.

Otherwise known as the return of Anton Kisiel's Apollo's Epic Clothing Library Vol 02.

Previously converted from AM to M4 using Xdresser, surprised how well Apollo's clothing converts. The only problem I've had so far is with the bracers. Updated some of the materials a bit.

On the other hand probably never going to use it again!

AM Primal Lord 2.png
    900 x 675 - 1M
  • Mouser said:
    Artini said:
    Mouser said:

jash147 said:
    Mouser said:
    Artini said:
    Mouser said:

You're welcome!

jash147 said:

No, way too hard!  smiley

• TerryD said:

Ravi wants to know why he's been dumped in front of a tree in this ridiculous outfit.

Otherwise known as the return of Anton Kisiel's Apollo's Epic Clothing Library Vol 02.

Previously converted from AM to M4 using Xdresser, surprised how well Apollo's clothing converts. The only problem I've had so far is with the bracers. Updated some of the materials a bit.

On the other hand probably never going to use it again!

Thanks for sharing!

jash147 said:
    Mouser said:
    Artini said:
    Mouser said:

If someone writes em I'll give em a try!

• EsemwyEsemwy Posts: 577

Figured it out. The scene file was screwed up somehow. Rebuilding the scene straightened it out.

Never liked the game. Always loved the armor. Works pretty well one you remove smoothing (makes sense).

• Esemwy said:

Figured it out. The scene file was screwed up somehow. Rebuilding the scene straightened it out.

Never liked the game. Always loved the armor. Works pretty well one you remove smoothing (makes sense).

Looks good!  (Never got into it much either, more a mouse-keyboard Quake 3 fan smiley)

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited February 2019

Ok, so finally able to get some quick renders for this and I’m really impressed with this.  I’ve tried Autofit, Wardrobe Wizard, and CrossDresser to try converting this and the tunic part of it always turned out the same, I wasn’t going to try it on here but figured what the heck since I was just going through my runtime adding most everything for M4.    The first image is with the conversion by autofit and the second is the image with this script, there is pokeyhru in the tunic under the cowl, but it fixes super easy with the dials. So here is the Funnyman Outfit by B.A.T.

FFC7D387-9E62-4864-A734-A0D46014B429.png
    945 x 990 - 2M
    DA4C6831-7AD2-43D8-9364-58F4506A8ECE.png
    945 x 990 - 2M
    Post edited by Dkgoose on
  • DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited February 2019

Here is one with Landon 8 wearing M4 chaps

7C6CFBF3-FB29-4CE3-8D2B-8C8CACFDC0DE.png
    945 x 990 - 1M
    Post edited by Dkgoose on
  • Looks totally awesome!  My only complaint so far is that I couldn't find the little skeletons dancing around in the promos... ;)  Bought it anyway, of course!

• dkgoose said:

Ok, so finally able to get some quick renders for this and I’m really impressed with this.  I’ve tried Autofit, Wardrobe Wizard, and CrossDresser to try converting this and the tunic part of it always turned out the same, I wasn’t going to try it on here but figured what the heck since I was just going through my runtime adding most everything for M4.    The first image is with the conversion by autofit and the second is the image with this script, there is pokeyhru in the tunic under the cowl, but it fixes super easy with the dials. So here is the Funnyman Outfit by B.A.T.

Really nice!  I appreciate you showing the difference between autofit and the conversion.

• dkgoose said:

Here is one with Landon 8 wearing M4 chaps

Looks great.  Thanks for sharing.

• Looks totally awesome!  My only complaint so far is that I couldn't find the little skeletons dancing around in the promos... ;)  Bought it anyway, of course!

Thank you for the support.  I need to come up with more ideas for the skeleton minions, I wouldn't want you unhappy laugh

• Hi RiverSoftArt,

I have Principe for M4 (https://www.daz3d.com/principe-for-m4) and the clothing is saved under Runtime/Libraries/Prop as .pp2 files. The converter will not recognize these files, though. Do I have to do anything or can I do anything to help out the process? Resave the articles myself on M4 in a certain format so that the converter will work?

Thank you so much!

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,050

Hi RiverSoftArt,

I have Principe for M4 (https://www.daz3d.com/principe-for-m4) and the clothing is saved under Runtime/Libraries/Prop as .pp2 files. The converter will not recognize these files, though. Do I have to do anything or can I do anything to help out the process? Resave the articles myself on M4 in a certain format so that the converter will work?

Thank you so much!

This item is poser dynamic clothing, it's just a prop not a conformer. So I doubt the converter can do anything with it.