Superheroes Rebooted - Renders Assemble

Comments

• Cap and Bucky cover version

Very cool cover mock-up. I like your logo – It's nice and legible. The pose is nice and dramatic, and I think Cap looks really good. Very solid work all around. If I'm going to nitpick (and everyone who knows me knows that I cannot help it), I would say that the likeness of Steve Rogers isn't as good as the Winter Soldier. Cap's jaw should probably be a little more square. But you definitely nailed the hair and look of Bucky! Well done in that regard. The white box for the number and price is a bit wide, though, and Bucky's gun is getting lost in the shadows (that's the type of place I sually cheat by adding a fill light or point light. 

Even with all my kvetching, this is still a great cover mock-up. Well done.

• jgajga Posts: 5

Where are you guys getting the outfits from? Do you make them yourselves?

• Cap and Bucky cover version

Nice job! And wishful thinking on the comic book cover price. :)

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,224
    jga said:

Where are you guys getting the outfits from? Do you make them yourselves?

Renderosity and ShareCG are a lot more lax about copyright, so there is a wealth of superhero oufits and accessories, for free or for sale. Between ice-boy, MightyMite and our own @JoeQuick, there's almost nothing you can't get, and for everything else, there's kitbashing.

• Gordig,

Don't forget Deviant Art. TerryMcgee and Guhzcoituz. 

• ocelot1300 » has quite a few female superhero costumes over at ShareCG as well.
  • There's the superhero Freebie List here in the forum. I've found a lot of great stuff there. 
    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9443/the-ultimate-super-hero-freebie-list/p1

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,224
    edited November 2019
    ocelot1300 » has quite a few female superhero costumes over at ShareCG as well.

Also sentai, anime and others. Offhand, I believe all the superheroes in Ocelot’s store are DC, whereas I would say that superhero offerings generally skew towards Marvel. 

Post edited by Gordig on
  • jgajga Posts: 5

Thanks, I was looking for some resources!

• psiwire_7a1ce4dc0apsiwire_7a1ce4dc0a Posts: 43
    edited November 2019

Snake Eyes and (gender-swapped) Scarlett vs. B.A.T.s. I have a bunch of Joe characters I've made, so I might do more covers.

joe_cover.jpg
    2000 x 3000 - 2M
    Post edited by psiwire_7a1ce4dc0a on
  • First Class (The Original Version!)

Xmen Gold.png
    1382 x 865 - 912K
  • Sabertooth & Wolverine vs Sentinels 

Logan v Victor 2 Surrounded.png
    1382 x 865 - 1M
  • plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,020

I'm doing a lot of Batman renders since picking up this set--the Overlord style cape is exactly what I'd been looking for. 

• stuthursostuthurso Posts: 192
    edited December 2019

The Cupid of Crime!  

Harley.jpg
    1250 x 1000 - 186K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,582

DC itself has uploaded the debut episode of "Harley Quinn" to YouTube.  It's not a pirated copy, so all is good.

BEWARE!  Though animated, this series is NOT kids' fare!  Harley and others curse like sailors even tossing around "F-bombs" (though those were bleeped for the YouTube edition) and there's enough gore to rival "Rick & Morty".  (When bombs explode, entrails go flying.)  But provided those aspects don't mortally offend your sensabilities, it IS funny as all get out!

I don't think any more will "officially" reach YouTube as I'm sure this was meant to entice potential customers into purchasing DC's new streaming service.

Sincerely,

Bill

• Redfern said:

DC itself has uploaded the debut episode of "Harley Quinn" to YouTube.  It's not a pirated copy, so all is good.

BEWARE!  Though animated, this series is NOT kids' fare!  Harley and others curse like sailors even tossing around "F-bombs" (though those were bleeped for the YouTube edition) and there's enough gore to rival "Rick & Morty".  (When bombs explode, entrails go flying.)  But provided those aspects don't mortally offend your sensabilities, it IS funny as all get out!

I don't think any more will "officially" reach YouTube as I'm sure this was meant to entice potential customers into purchasing DC's new streaming service.

Sincerely,

Bill

Thanks for the tip! BTW, I was able to watch the first two seasons of Titans, the live-action series. It was remarkably good.

• Intergalactic Angel Jyuna is my OC 

• stuthursostuthurso Posts: 192
    edited December 2019

The Amazing Amazon, Wonder Woman.  (Heavily post worked in Gimp)

Wonder Michelle.jpg
    900 x 1125 - 203K
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

WOW, that's really really nice stuthurso

• RAMWolff said:

WOW, that's really really nice stuthurso

Thanks mate, that's really kind of you.  I was just messing around in Gimp and thought it was an interesting effect.  Now I just need to remind myself how I did it and see if I can replicate it at all!  LOL

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Your welcome. Sort of harkens back to really old comic book art!  Love it!  

edited December 2019

Brightburn

Brightburn.jpg
    3000 x 2499 - 1M
    edited December 2019

Wonder Woman - Always one of my favorite characters, buy this is my first time ever doing an image of her. I tried to make her look a bit more Greek than shes traditionally depicted.

ww2.jpg
    2000 x 3000 - 752K
  • crikettcrikett Posts: 77
    edited April 2020

A little time spent Christmas night resulted in this:

WinterWolverine.jpg
    4800 x 2700 - 3M
    Post edited by crikett on
  • MoreTNMoreTN Posts: 219

Wonder Woman - Always one of my favorite characters, buy this is my first time ever doing an image of her. I tried to make her look a bit more Greek than shes traditionally depicted.

Wow, that's a great look for her!

• XpiderManXpiderMan Posts: 426
    edited December 2019

Chibi Avengers... Assemble!

• XpiderMan said:

Chibi Avengers... Assemble!

Awesome! Great render.

• Thank you, Brian. It was only supposed to be Captain America, then ended up adding, Hulk, Iron-Man and Thor. I need to add Black Widow in the future.

• ... and Haweye for completeness. LOL

• XpiderManXpiderMan Posts: 426
    edited January 2020

I couldn't agree more, Brian.. Here it is... :)