Superheroes Rebooted - Renders Assemble

Comments

• GregoriusGregorius Posts: 397
    edited March 2020

I suspected that I could get much closer to a classic look for my TMNT if I could blend Joe's Genesis 1 morph with his Genesis 3 Male morph, particularly if I could isolate the head shapes, have separate morphs for the three-digit hands and two-digit feet, and do the rest via fairly normal body morphs.  I think I turned out to be right!  The head morph used on all four turtles is 50% Genesis 1 "Turtle Power" and 50% Genesis 3 Male "Turtle Dude" (with my adjustments dialed in proportionally as well).  The hands and feet are morphed using HFS Ultimate Shapes, and the rest is acheived by dialing up several morphs typically used on purely human characters (e.g. Bodybuilder, Fitness, etc).  It took a couple days, mostly to fix a couple of the necessary morphs didn't transfer quite right (the G3M version of the G1 morph, for instance, made an absolute wreck of the character's teeth when first transfered) and refitting the clothing items originally meant for pure Turtle Dude (I'm still not sure I'm completely happy with Leo's belt, but it's at least passable).  Full-size resolution is 1200x1200,

EnsembleTMNT-TM3.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 747K
    Post edited by Gregorius on
  • crikettcrikett Posts: 77
    edited June 2020

One of my favorite X-Men issues back when was #173 - more or less capping the story of Rogue's joining the team, and of that story arc in Japan that saw Wolverine's wedding cancelled.  It didn't help that I both liked the Paul Smith run on the art side, as well as sharing a name with him... Issue 173 had a simple, but effective cover as well.  Not my first attempt, but my most recent whilst playing around last nigh, at trying to capture something of it (although also very different):

173Redux.jpg
    4950 x 2785 - 4M
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • dark-BuBdark-BuB Posts: 44
    edited June 2020

My first big Spider-man render. :O
    I used the superbodysuit with my own textures, the mask is  bot mine, but, it's an awesome work, maybe the best Daz's Spidey Mask.
    And I used the Emma Stone model, She is Gorgeous, and I think she could have been a great MJ too...

Spidey-new.jpg
    1800 x 2400 - 3M
  • BrianP21361BrianP21361 Posts: 791

Excellent render dark-bub. Which spider-man mask is that?

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 921

These are all fantastic renders. But one thing I often wonder about is how Wolverine bends his wrists when his claws are retracted? They are too long for his forearms so he would be cuting his wrist bones, muscles arteries etc everytime he bent his wrist. They might even poke out of the back of his hands. ;-)

• crikettcrikett Posts: 77
    nabob21 said:

These are all fantastic renders. But one thing I often wonder about is how Wolverine bends his wrists when his claws are retracted? They are too long for his forearms so he would be cuting his wrist bones, muscles arteries etc everytime he bent his wrist. They might even poke out of the back of his hands. ;-)

I can't recall the exact source now, but I remember seeing an illustration from one of the X-Men artists back in the day (Cockrum or Byrne perhaps?) that showed basically how it was supposed to work, with the claws mostly in the forearms.  It noted that the mechanism did in fact limit Wolverine's range of motion with his wrists, and that the claws could going in or out required his wrists be in an even more limited position.  Of course, since then, the depiction of the claws has grown, but that was the idea.  The claws I am using are probably about 20% or so too long to fit that scenario (getting these openee in Z-Brush or something similar someday and gettng them to a more realistic size should probably be on my to-do list).

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,585

There was a point during the comic series(maybe in the 90s or 00s)  when Magneto used his powers to "bleed" the Adamantium from Wolverine's body.  He didn't simply have super satrong metal claws, instead, the main writer at that time presented Wolvie as having that substance infused with his entire skeleton.  When he "unsheathed" the claws, we was, in reality channeling his insanely fast regenerative healing abilities to "grow" spars of bone between his knuckles, bone laced with Adamantium.  When Magneto removed all that metal, Logan could still grow the blades, but they were conventional calcium carbonate based bone and thus very brittle.

Yeah, I know that conflicts with earlier explanations.  But the comics always keep reinventing powers, family connections, origins, etc.  I remember mainly due a dramatic "splash page" image of Magneto making the metal ooze like liquid mercury from Wolverine's skin.  I'm sure that concept was eventually dropped for something else.  But at least that way, there would be no issues about wrist movement. wink

Sincerely,

Bill

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,296
    Redfern said:

There was a point during the comic series(maybe in the 90s or 00s)  when Magneto used his powers to "bleed" the Adamantium from Wolverine's body.  He didn't simply have super satrong metal claws, instead, the main writer at that time presented Wolvie as having that substance infused with his entire skeleton.  When he "unsheathed" the claws, we was, in reality channeling his insanely fast regenerative healing abilities to "grow" spars of bone between his knuckles, bone laced with Adamantium.  When Magneto removed all that metal, Logan could still grow the blades, but they were conventional calcium carbonate based bone and thus very brittle.

Yeah, I know that conflicts with earlier explanations.  But the comics always keep reinventing powers, family connections, origins, etc.  I remember mainly due a dramatic "splash page" image of Magneto making the metal ooze like liquid mercury from Wolverine's skin.  I'm sure that concept was eventually dropped for something else.  But at least that way, there would be no issues about wrist movement. wink

Sincerely,

Bill

I have that issue, as well as most (but sadly not all) of that story arc. 

My first big Spider-man render. :O
    I used the superbodysuit with my own textures, the mask is  bot mine, but, it's an awesome work, maybe the best Daz's Spidey Mask.
    And I used the Emma Stone model, She is Gorgeous, and I think she could have been a great MJ too...

Excellent render dark-bub. Which spider-man mask is that?

Thanks!
    I found it on deviantart, Shinteo was the artist name. I think it was the ps4 classic suit.

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,454

I tried to make something that looked kinda like a comic book spread. Or like the little posters you could tear out of a magazine. 

Rendered in Iray
    Postwork in Pixelmator

The Black Widow.jpg
    3000 x 1854 - 5M
  • RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,585
    edited April 2020

Arguably, one of the first comic  supervillains, Ming the Merciless (along with his hedonistic, spoiled daughter, Aura) from King Features' "Flash Gordon" illustrated byAlex Raymond.

Before I list the credits, anybody care to guess how I assembled Ming?

Sincerely,

Bill

H3-M2-Ming-w-V4-Aura-J-2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 156K
    Post edited by Redfern on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,151

Looks really good Bill! 

• GregoriusGregorius Posts: 397
    edited April 2020

More TMNT after some further tweaks!

EnsembleTMNT2TM3.jpg
    900 x 900 - 609K
    Post edited by Gregorius on
  • lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,254

something i posted in another thread

• BrianP21361BrianP21361 Posts: 791

I love it!

• XpiderManXpiderMan Posts: 426
    edited April 2020

Hulk Close-Up!

• DemesisDemesis Posts: 6
    edited February 2021

Post edited by Demesis on
  • DemesisDemesis Posts: 6
    edited February 2021

hulk.png
    1080 x 1350 - 1M
    Post edited by Demesis on
  • XpiderManXpiderMan Posts: 426

Nicely done, Demesis!

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,534
    Demesis said:

Also a Hugh Jackman esque version of Logan and a Hulk I'm working on :) 

Nice

edited June 2020

So my Agents of Shield Fanart made with Daz/iray/PS.
    When i first heard the series plan that was my first thought, okay I know the A-list stars don't appear in a tv series (hmhm, Disney+? :P) but i imagined the serie with Nick Fury and his best agents :D
    I didn't bothered to the modells doesn't look a like like the actors/actresses, I only tried to Sam/Nick but I think he is not so bad, just like Hawkeye-Renner, oh, the Scarlett Johanson modell is gorgues, I used Psionne for that. 

Marvel Agents of Shield_Eng.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • ok. so it's a stretch of "superhero".... I only wish I'd been able to make "C" fit into the t-shirt message  :)

Alfred E Neuman 01.jpg
    1854 x 3000 - 7M
  • tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,534

Is The Major from Ghost in the Shell a superhero?

• Here's my take on Hawkgirl. My goal wasn't to reproduce a specific version faithfully but to let [my impression of] the character speak for herself in terms of costuming. What would a given personality wear? Now... I'm no expert but I did just have a great conversation about all things Hawkman with the comics shop guy. He's great at recommending books because he knows so much about story arcs and art styles and publication history for almost any character. But I stunned him speechless when I asked why Hawkgirl doesn't wear a chest harness, which apparently is integral to her boyfriend's flight capability. "Huh.... I never thought of it. You're right..." So I think the next image will have one. I wish I could make one that fits snugly without weird kinks, because kitbashing one is very tough. Only one or two made for G2M - G8M, and none for the females. 

In the meantime, I sort of liked the notion that she'd buy her own merchandise at the I-love-superheroes aisle in Walmart. (Ok, so that's a nicer shirt. Maybe Target!) After all, she's not often shown wearing the hawk emblem either. But the pants and especially the boots scream "Hawkgirl" to me  :)  Her belt is often shown with Batman-style pouches not needed for her blunt-force weapons... so what are they for? They tell me she's a very practical woman, hence the flash-bang and also the armbands. They secure a pair of daggers behind her arms, handles down for ready access. This is a lady I'd want at my back!

Hawkgirl.jpg
    2113 x 2600 - 2M
  • Red TurbanRed Turban Posts: 36
    edited May 2020

My take on Wonder Woman. If the plane that had crashed on Themyscira was a MiG piloted by Stefan Teberov.

Diana LABELED.png
    1200 x 1800 - 2M
    Post edited by Red Turban on

And, Emma Frost.

Frost Labeled.png
    1200 x 1800 - 2M
    Demesis said:

I figured I'd join the party after lurking and enjoying the awesome renders here, thanks everyone for sharing their works so far

Here's my toony take on Old Man Logan!

That is brilliant. How did you go about doing the painterly look to it?!

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

My take on Wonder Woman. If the plane that had crashed on Themyscira was a MiG piloted by Stefan Teberov.

By People's Pilot Stefan Trevorovich? :)

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,151

GORGEOUS work and renders Red Turban!  WOW 

edited May 2020

Little Endgame...

Marvel Villains Thanos vol1 Eng.jpg
    1800 x 2400 - 3M
    Marvel Heroes - Iron Man Eng.jpg
    1800 x 2400 - 2M