Superheroes Rebooted - Renders Assemble

Comments

• Love it!

• XpiderMan said:

Chibi Avengers... Assemble!

I think the figures are really, really cute, especially the costumes and those cute faces! I just wann grab those chubby cheeks!. But the bug eyes are unattractive to me. I think if you tone down the reflections so that they don't look quite so wet and shiny, they would be more cartoon-like, which would probably make them work better for me.

Keep up the good work, though; I think you're onto something!

• stuthurso said:

The Amazing Amazon, Wonder Woman.  (Heavily post worked in Gimp)

The costume is killer! And the anatomy is really cool. I also like that you didn't go cray-cray with the glow on the rope. However, I do not like the skin. She is a beautiful woman, yet her skin looks leathery and unhealthy. However, this is a relatively easy fix (and I've had to use it myself when processing images to create a more cartoonish effect).  The remedy I suggest that you go back to your original textures and work with the bump maps on her skin. Either completely remove them, or tone them waaaaay down. When you render her, she will look a little "plasticy," but that will vanish when you process the image in Gimp.

Anway, just a suggestion. Good luck, and Happy New Year!

• XpiderManXpiderMan Posts: 426
    edited January 2020
    XpiderMan said:

Chibi Avengers... Assemble!

I think the figures are really, really cute, especially the costumes and those cute faces! I just wann grab those chubby cheeks!. But the bug eyes are unattractive to me. I think if you tone down the reflections so that they don't look quite so wet and shiny, they would be more cartoon-like, which would probably make them work better for me.

Keep up the good work, though; I think you're onto something!

Thanks. Yeah, it bother me a bit too. I was going to use PhotoShop to do a cartoony version, but left it as rendered in Daz. But since you mentioned it, here is the toon version. It makes their eyes look a bit smaller, I think...

Post edited by XpiderMan on
  • stuthursostuthurso Posts: 192
    edited January 2020
    stuthurso said:

The Amazing Amazon, Wonder Woman.  (Heavily post worked in Gimp)

The costume is killer! And the anatomy is really cool. I also like that you didn't go cray-cray with the glow on the rope. However, I do not like the skin. She is a beautiful woman, yet her skin looks leathery and unhealthy. However, this is a relatively easy fix (and I've had to use it myself when processing images to create a more cartoonish effect).  The remedy I suggest that you go back to your original textures and work with the bump maps on her skin. Either completely remove them, or tone them waaaaay down. When you render her, she will look a little "plasticy," but that will vanish when you process the image in Gimp.

Anway, just a suggestion. Good luck, and Happy New Year!

You're spot on there actually.  Initially the picture was just going to be a normal 'photorealistic' one but I was bored and started playing around in Gimp and didn't actually plan for it to turn out that way!  LOL  But, yeah the shin is way too textured for the effect and turning down or removing the Bump and Normals would be a must when I try it again, plus I need to make much better notes on it as well!  Just now the scribbled ones I made at the time look more like a drunk spider fell in some ink and then wandered over a piece of paper.  LOL

Thanks for the suggestion, I really appreciate any help offered, and it's one of the best things about the community here that we do all look out for each other and try to make sure we are able to achieve the very best renders we can.  smiley  On the whole this forum and the majority of its members make a really nice change from all the toxicity out there on line.  

Cheers, and Happy New Year to you too.  

Oh and here is the original if anyone is interested, it just looks a bit plain compared to the post worked one.  

Wonder Michelle original.png
    700 x 875 - 266K
    Post edited by stuthurso on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

SO CUTE XpiderMan 

• BrianP21361BrianP21361 Posts: 791
    edited January 2020

Since we are being patriotic... Captain America and Bucky WWII. Suits by MightyMite.

Captain America and Bucky WWII War Ruins with Clouds 2.png
    1200 x 900 - 1M
    Post edited by BrianP21361 on
  • BrianP21361BrianP21361 Posts: 791
    edited January 2020

Maybe this image looks better in a sepia tint

Captain America and Bucky WWII Sepia.png
    1000 x 750 - 1M
    Post edited by BrianP21361 on
  • psiwire_7a1ce4dc0apsiwire_7a1ce4dc0a Posts: 43
    edited January 2020

TMNT

tmnt2.jpg
    3000 x 3000 - 4M
    Post edited by psiwire_7a1ce4dc0a on
  • tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,533
    edited January 2020

TMNT

Did you do this using daz models or XPS?

Post edited by tkdrobert on
  • These are Daz Genesis 1

• GregoriusGregorius Posts: 397
    edited January 2020

This is me tinkering with some potential improvements to my Superman (Christopher Reeve) face morph for G8M.

SupermanPosed4TM3.jpg
    900 x 900 - 570K
    DramaticSupermanTM3.jpg
    900 x 900 - 556K
    Post edited by Gregorius on
  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 1,740
    edited January 2020

I'm amused at how unrealistic the flight of superheroes is depicted. So many flying superheroes are not as tough as Superman or even Thor. Wouldn't someone's hair get messed up?! Wouldn't the body be affected by the speed, wind velocity, etc?! If a superhero is carrying someone, wouldn't the same factors wrench the passenger from the hero's arms?! In my younger days, I rode a motorcycle. One day, a huge flying bug smacked into my full bubble helmet's face shield. I can imagine what that would do to the average superhero who wears no helmet or face shield. I'd love to see a "realistic or funny" image showing a bunch of superheroes trying to navigate through the traffic of all the other flying superheroes, as well as the birds, planes, bugs, etc.

Post edited by Ron Knights on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,224

I'm amused at how unrealistic the flight of superheroes is depicted. So many flying superheroes are not as tough as Superman or even Thor. Wouldn't someone's hair get messed up?! Wouldn't the body be affected by the speed, wind velocity, etc?! If a superhero is carrying someone, wouldn't the same factors wrench the passenger from the hero's arms?! In my younger days, I rode a motorcycle. One day, a huge flying bug smacked into my full bubble helmet's face shield. I can imagine what that would do to the average superhero who wears no helmet or face shield. I'd love to see a "realistic or funny" image showing a bunch of superheroes trying to navigate through the traffic of all the other flying superheroes, as well as the birds, planes, bugs, etc.

So many superpowers depend on other, unspoken superpowers as well. Super strength means basically nothing if you still have a normal human skeleton, for example.

edited January 2020

Gordig, you are totally correct. I believe at least one book has been written that relates science to the powers of various superheroes. Yes, the science of superheroes is often far-fetched. Yet I've been a comic book fan since the early 1950s.

I dug through some of my old artwork. This image features "Super Marlin" and Jimmy Jurk. Marlin needs some flying lessons.

Marlin Fly.jpeg
    640 x 640 - 133K
    Post edited by Ron Knights on
    edited February 2020

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Raphael and Casey Jones 

tmnt.jpg
    2000 x 3000 - 3M

Sorry, for some reason I have a duplicate post here that I can't get rid of. Feel free to delete this.

• JastamosJastamos Posts: 103
    edited February 2020

My favorite character.

wonder.jpg
    742 x 1200 - 336K
    Post edited by Jastamos on
  • JastamosJastamos Posts: 103

Another one...

verde.png
    742 x 1200 - 963K

Interesting... She Hulk and Wonder Woman ..... I like that! 

Your lighting really sets a mood with both of your renders.  I like that too!  

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,815

smiley

LoRenzo's weekend job ~ 

• Gordig, you are totally correct. I believe at least one book has been written that relates science to the powers of various superheroes. Yes, the science of superheroes is often far-fetched. Yet I've been a comic book fan since the early 1950s.

I dug through some of my old artwork. This image features "Super Marlin" and Jimmy Jurk. Marlin needs some flying lessons.

Mike 2? I've still got those Rule Brittania boxers (courtesy of PhilC) in my runtime!

Eustace Scrub, yeah I think it's Michael 2. I made that image a long, long, time ago.

edited February 2020

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Donatello and Bebop

tmnt3.jpg
    2000 x 3000 - 3M
    edited February 2020

Captain Atom cover

captainatom.jpg
    2000 x 3000 - 1M
  • Hi all!
    I'm testing my Wolverine figure.

Wolv new test.png
    1200 x 1600 - 3M
  • tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,533

Hi all!
    I'm testing my Wolverine figure.

Looks good.

• MoreTNMoreTN Posts: 219

Looks very good

One of the best Wolverines I've seen.  Nice work! 

• Thank you guys! :)