Auto Face Enhancer [Commercial]

Comments

• hfilbhfilb Posts: 61
    edited December 2019

Does the powerpose template replace the default one?

Even with your G8F product I've never really understood how to access it. or what it does specifically.

That's such a shame, because I think that is the most valuable part of the product. I made a really quick demonstration of it. Hopefully the gifs fit the filesize reqs here:

This is with Base Template, No AFE Template, No AFE Shell:

This is with AFE Template, No AFE Shell (you load in the shell, then delete it. Do this if you have smoothing problems with the shell):

This is with AFE Template, AFE Shell:

As you can probably see, the additional polys with the AFE Shell increase the quality of the expressions greatly, but you can still use the template without the AFE shell as long as you keep the expressions subtle. AFAIK, the powerpose template does replace the base one. 

Post edited by hfilb on
  • AsariAsari Posts: 703
    edited December 2019
    I purchased the bundle, and tested it with the instructions provided in the pdf. It works fine, no trouble here. Also, the explanations in some of the icons are helpful as well. For me the product works as described.

I do also have the issue that I work mainly with my own custom characters that have bad and not very refined morphs. So the AFE mesh looks very rough on my own character. Not an issue of AFE, just my own morph thing. With Edward 8 AFE works great. Which leads us to the strongest point of AFE ... this is very good on elderly or rugged looking men. The level of detail it can provide is amazing. However if you render youngerish characters without age lines and smooth features the extra detail it provides can easily make your character look older which is an effect you might not want on your youngerish characters.

This is no criticism from me. Whether this product is useful to you or not depends on your use case.

Post edited by Asari on
  • DMasterDMaster Posts: 410

Even with your G8F product I've never really understood how to access it. or what it does specifically.

No. All Daz default stays as default. PA cannot change it.  We can only + or - on top. So selecting PowerPose and turn on the Button will add morphs additive to the template slider. 

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,099
    edited December 2019

I was earlier asking about the Character/Actor/Head/AFE Skin Details. Under Skin Bump (part of Skin Details), there are AFE Skin Texture 1, 2, and 3. This is what I didn't understand. What do these different Skin Textures do? If I use Skin Texture 3 instead of Skin Texture 1, or if I don't use any of the Skin Textures, what differeneces would that make?

OK, I think I'm getting it. Skin Details 3 adds a lot more details than does Skin Details 1.

Post edited by inquire on

No. All Daz default stays as default. PA cannot change it.  We can only + or - on top. So selecting PowerPose and turn on the Button will add morphs additive to the template slider. 

inquire said:

I was earlier asking about the Character/Actor/Head/AFE Skin Details. Under Skin Bump (part of Skin Details), there are AFE Skin Texture 1, 2, and 3. This is what I didn't understand. What do these different Skin Textures do? If I use Skin Texture 3 instead of Skin Texture 1, or if I don't use any of the Skin Textures, what differeneces would that make?

OK, I think I'm getting it. Skin Details 3 adds a lot more details than does Skin Details 1.

The best part about it is for you to blend the skin detail together. Each character will have different skin details. You can adjust these for each character. Try changing parameter setting so you may set up Negative to reverse the bump and + for the other. Remember to turn  SubD to 3 or 4 to see the AFE detail at work.

Maybe one day when you start to do animation you can add difference skin detail together with each Expression pose.

I still don't understand how to get these Pose Preset Save Options. I tried going into animated. I just get the whole pose to save.

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379
    hfilb said:

That's such a shame, because I think that is the most valuable part of the product. I made a really quick demonstration of it. Hopefully the gifs fit the filesize reqs here:

This is with Base Template, No AFE Template, No AFE Shell:

This is with AFE Template, No AFE Shell (you load in the shell, then delete it. Do this if you have smoothing problems with the shell):

This is with AFE Template, AFE Shell:

As you can probably see, the additional polys with the AFE Shell increase the quality of the expressions greatly, but you can still use the template without the AFE shell as long as you keep the expressions subtle. AFAIK, the powerpose template does replace the base one. 

Thanks so much for this explanation, hflib. This is very demonstrative. 

inquire said:

I still don't understand how to get these Pose Preset Save Options. I tried going into animated. I just get the whole pose to save.

select G8 Character>save as> pose preset....open branch to select

• Any news on when the fix for the GF8  version will be available. The GF8 version is broken if you install the GM8 bundle.

• OK, so with the advice of some friendly people on the forum, I finally managed the get this product to work.

@DMaster I do apologaize for getting a bit upset. Where I work, if you ignore a complaint from a customer, you can get fined up to 1/4 of your salary.

That said, this product is absolutely amazing. It does what I've been trying to do for years with skin, and more. I would reccomend it to anyone.

I really do hope that you will get around to doing  a full body version for close-ups of bodyparts.

Amazing job and hope you do well with this product.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944
    AllenArt said:

Not bad ;)

Wow, very believable expression & aging.

LesPaul said:

Any news on when the fix for the GF8  version will be available. The GF8 version is broken if you install the GM8 bundle.

Eboshijaana said:

This might be just on my end, but after I downloaded the male bundle, the female product appears as gray boxes.

I'll keep you guys updated on this.

2. Temp fix for now, can you uninstall AFE G8F from the main directory. Can you create a 2nd directory and put AFE G8F into that. I am working on the update for G8F AFE to resolve this issue. (only if you have AFE G8Female and AFE G8Male)

• Dmaster, can you check your private messages 

The New G8Female AFE will be similar to G8Male. Will improve on the skin details.

Just a note: You don't have to push the skin detail up to 100% all the time. All rendering depended on the lighting. You can cheat the details by increasing the details when far away and reduce them on close up. by using the AFE Master Controller. The best part is the animate-able shapes. 

OK, so with the advice of some friendly people on the forum, I finally managed the get this product to work.

@DMaster I do apologaize for getting a bit upset. Where I work, if you ignore a complaint from a customer, you can get fined up to 1/4 of your salary.

That said, this product is absolutely amazing. It does what I've been trying to do for years with skin, and more. I would reccomend it to anyone.

I really do hope that you will get around to doing  a full body version for close-ups of bodyparts.

Amazing job and hope you do well with this product.

I am happy you got it going. Please if you can help anyone having the same issue on this forum. Thank you. Once I finish with the G8F update I will have more time making a detailed video tutorial, if no one is doing it yet.

DMaster, to get around the SubD 

DMaster said:
    LesPaul said:

Any news on when the fix for the GF8  version will be available. The GF8 version is broken if you install the GM8 bundle.

Eboshijaana said:

This might be just on my end, but after I downloaded the male bundle, the female product appears as gray boxes.

I'll keep you guys updated on this.

2. Temp fix for now, can you uninstall AFE G8F from the main directory. Can you create a 2nd directory and put AFE G8F into that. I am working on the update for G8F AFE to resolve this issue. (only if you have AFE G8Female and AFE G8Male)

Personally, I'm waiting for the fix before I install your awesome new product. I don't feel like making a new directory, etc. 

People probably already have a separate directory for products not from the Daz store (Renderosity, freebies). I threw AFE in there and it works fine.

• how about somthing to show us where we find it , how to turn it on and off etc.. 

how about somthing to show us where we find it , how to turn it on and off etc.. 

Search for it in the search bar within your Daz program. When you click on the thumbnail, you'll see the folder structure. AFE (female version) is found in the Accessories and Shaping tabs.

how about somthing to show us where we find it , how to turn it on and off etc.. 

(Your Daz Library)> People >Genesis 8 (male/female) >Shape> Auto Face Enhancer

Do you have the PowerPose pane open (Window>Panes(Tabs)>Power Pose)

For Powerpose you select the On to activate AFE

hfilb said:

Search for it in the search bar within your Daz program. When you click on the thumbnail, you'll see the folder structure. AFE (female version) is found in the Accessories and Shaping tabs.

Thank you 

• DMaster when will the update to AFE G8F be ready?

Great job on AFE G8M... I hope im able to get it soon...

DMaster when will the update to AFE G8F be ready?

Great job on AFE G8M... I hope im able to get it soon...

I will submit this Tues - Wednesday. Give about 7 days for approval from Daz for the update.

• Just tried Auto Face Enhancer for G8M with Octane Render (for DAZ Studio), and it worked wonderfully!

Not too much extra work, all textures and shaders are easily transferred, and render seamless.

However.... There's a problem with the earlobes, at least with Christian 8. They get heavily distorted when I try to use Power Pose. Even when not using Power Pose the earlobes are deformed (flattened) a bit.

Anyone else seen this?

• Here's an example rendered in Octane Render (as a first test).

Eyebrows, eyelashes, and beard were fitted to the Enhancer mask, no problems there!

All in all thanks to D.Master for a great product, even with a few minor niggles.

Octane Render test 01

erik_nl said:

Here's an example rendered in Octane Render (as a first test).

Eyebrows, eyelashes, and beard were fitted to the Enhancer mask, no problems there!

All in all thanks to D.Master for a great product, even with a few minor niggles.

Octane Render test 01

Yes. I see. It is one of the Skin Detail Morph. I will fix that when I do the addition..facial scar morphs for AFE G8M. Thank you.

• Strange thing is it becomes really visible after switching on PowerPose.

Can't think of a reason why it should do that, although I'm sure there simply has to be one.

Thanks for the fix in advance : )

auto face enhancer rendered in Octane Render

DMaster said:
    erik_nl said:

Octane Render test 01

Yes. I see. It is one of the Skin Detail Morph. I will fix that when I do the addition..facial scar morphs for AFE G8M. Thank you.

Oh, Yea! Facial Scar Morphs for AFE G8M. I'm going to buy them. I assume it's a separate product. I am learning a lot as I've been using AFE. I think it has great promise for other parts of the male anatomy. How abut the gens?

inquire said:
    DMaster said:
    erik_nl said:

Octane Render test 01

Oh, Yea! Facial Scar Morphs for AFE G8M. I'm going to buy them. I assume it's a separate product. I am learning a lot as I've been using AFE. I think it has great promise for other parts of the male anatomy. How abut the gens?

DMaster would have to seel it elsewhere, but it's a great idea!

I love the product, but I get a bit confused about what's in the Parameters Tab under Actor/Head/AFE Skin Details. There's Skin Texture 1, 2, and 3. 

Also, in the Content Library/Shapes/Auto Face Enhancer, there's Skin Detail 1, 2, and 3. Are these the same? 

Or, is the first set to be applied to the Auto Face Enhancer Wearable Mesh, and the second to be applied to the Character?