Auto Face Enhancer [Commercial]

1222324252628»

Comments

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,097

@PerttiA Well, OK. I did remove the 2 above mentioned folders. I restarted DS. I checked. Nope, I do not see anything moving. I do have the Macintosh version, 64-bit, of DS 4.15.0.2.

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379
    edited February 2021

inquire said:

@PerttiA Well, OK. I did remove the 2 above mentioned folders. I restarted DS. I checked. Nope, I do not see anything moving. I do have the Macintosh version, 64-bit, of DS 4.15.0.2.

Worked perfectly for me, but I have a PC. 

Dunno if Mac is different.

Post edited by Leonides02 on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,473

inquire said:

Nothing is supposed to "move". but once those placeholder files are removed, the base G8 expressions will appear on your properties tab and the G8 expressions that were not working start working again.together with everything else that's calling the base G8 expressions to work.

If that didn't happen, do you have the Starter Essentials installed to multiple base directories or have you installed them within DS with "Daz Connect"?

You also have to remove them for both genders to fix the issue for both female and male versions - That's 4 folders if you have just one content library and everything is installed just once.

@ PerttiA  think I'm OK with Starter Essentials. I installed using DIM. DAZ Connect is another thing that does not work at all well with the Macintosh platform.

I did not know about having to remove the folders for both genders! YIPES! I wondered why only the female, but since the female is always released before the male figure, I thought just removing the female version would do it. Well, maybe I'll try once more.

edited April 2021

By the way, Auto Face Enhancer works with Genesis 8.1 (at lease the Male G 8.1) with or without adding the geograft (or whatever that is). Using the included G 8.1 emotions and the AFE, I can get just about any facial expression I want, and that's without working directly on the mesh. So, just a thought. I'm on a Mac by the way, so I can't say that it works on Windows, but if you have a G 8.1 figure, you might want to try it out. I don't use the geograft; just the Parameter Dials.

Post edited by inquire on
  • Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

inquire said:

By the way, Auto Face Enhancer works with Genesis 8.1 (at lease the Male G 8.1) with or without adding the geograft (or whatever that is). Using the included G 8.1 emotions and the AFE, I can get just about any facial expression I want, and that's without working directly on the mesh. So, just a thought. I'm on a Mac by the way, so I can't say that it works on Windows, but if you have a G 8.1 figure, you might want to try it out. I don't use the geograft; just the Parameter Dials.

Good to know! Thanks!

Oh, and here's another set which will work with Genesis male 8.1: SWM Elasticity. In the Parameter Dials, it will be under Actor, not Pose Controls, so the changes will last until you change them, assuming you zero out your character to do another pose. (The SWM Elasticity morphs will not zero out.) Besides being under Actor, they are under Head/Face. They work really well for boxing poses, but just using very slight bits of them along with other expressions can produce your original expressions. And 8.1 responds just as easily as 8.0.

• Hi there, every time I apply the "Auto Face Enhancer" it will darken the head and neck of character.
    I can't seem to find out why the plugin is doing that.

I've searched the internet but it does not seem to be a common issue.
    When I look into the surfaces tab and alter any kind of parameter I won't get any desired result.

The rest of the body is unaltered. Does someone know why this happens and how to fix it?

• KrzysztofaKrzysztofa Posts: 226

The AFE is its own "object" in the scene, you need to apply the character's skin MAT to it as well

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,438
    edited July 2021

read all but still cannot get powerpose to work. Both male and female only have eye morphs and head movement morphs ... 6 buttons. I see a bunch of buttons on the posts here but I have no idea how to ge tthem active in powerpose. 
    EDIT: PUT IN  a ticket but if someone can help that owulkd be cool. 

Post edited by daveso on
  • the5amkebab said:

an option to turn off AFE on all characters would be a nice thing to have as I work with someone else and AFE expressions get turned on by default in the saved .duf files Maybe a Menu in the Tools Menu. So the expressions get over-exaggerated when they load as he does not use AFE yet.     

Thank you. Here is the on-off button.

Place them where you need them.

If you want AFE powerpose off by default, all you need to do is edit this file in a text editor

\My DAZ 3D Libary\data\Daz 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\D.Master\Auto Face Enhancer Female\G8Female PowerPose Female\AFE !PowerPose.dsf

and set this value to 0

Capture.JPG
    933 x 604 - 81K
  • chris_63502790chris_63502790 Posts: 9
    edited August 2021

Has anyone figured out a process to restore the materials for 8.1 (just a standard Genesis 8.1 model) for the head/neck after applying the material preset back for the auto face enhancer attachment? It seems to be a mismatch in the geometry. I tried the "missing head maps" link from above, but it didnt seem to work or at least, I couldnt seem to make it work. frown

Post edited by chris_63502790 on
  • As regards the skin HD part.

Just in the early days of testing this. I found on heavy use of it, the neck can run into some issues. It gets a bit jowly on the neck, having head morphs like freak/swole, the auto shape enhancer neck tweaks can help.

With the skin geoshell/graft the topology of head compared to the body mesh at the join can create a hard seam because of the differing higher topology of subd 3+, and you get like a back of neck/shoulder seam hard edge especially at the back corners.

I'm not sure what the skin texture solo 1,2,3 sliders are but I found they can fine tune the bad topology graft seam and lessen it. All in all a seperate zbrush morph can probably per character, iron this tiny issue out in the end.

This really is a very interesting and highly impressive add on. The mesh when exported as .obj retains all the high level skin details for use in Marmoset or whatever other package you might have. :D

• It doesnt work with G8.1, at least for the materials, it doesn't apply on torso and there is weird morph around the neck ... 

• Marty3DMarty3D Posts: 19
    edited September 2021

bagnoz said:

' and there is weird morph around the neck ... 

Yep, there is weird neck join. It can be smoothed with a few corrective morphs.

Post edited by Marty3D on
  • cosmicmaniacosmicmania Posts: 1
    edited March 2022

I just bought this package (the auto face enhancer HD skin details, but it doesn't work for me. In the scene tab (up right) it doesn't show below the gen 8 female and hips listing. De features do show in the parameters but no matter how i change them, I don't see any changes. Is it because I use it on gen 8.1 perhaps ? 

I also made sure I'm using the subD 3 script.

But my install of daz studio is in a custom path on d: drive, I wonder if that might pose a problem ?

Is there a detailed isage tutorial available to see what I have missed ? 

Post edited by cosmicmania on
  • lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,235
    edited September 2022

am i dumb? i cant get this to work.

And yes i own this.

Details 0 looks the same as Details 3 at Subd3

Capture.JPG
    874 x 1021 - 68K
    Post edited by lilweep on
  • lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,235

oh nevermind, apparently i was supposed to just intuit somehow that i needed to add this attachment first

Capture.JPG
    976 x 571 - 56K
  • DrowElfMorwenDrowElfMorwen Posts: 536
    edited October 2023

Hello, I'm having some weird issue while using the AFE product. On my Genesis 8 female, there are weird lines on her nose and around her eyes as if AFE doesn't like my morphs very much: https://gyazo.com/b4fdf6cc336705b2fd7603415b2ce54d - For reference, the third photo is her without the AFE attached.

Is there a way to fix this and get rid of the lines? Both the G8 character and the AFE layer itself are at SubD level 3 in those pictures. Actually, my Genesis 8 male character has a similar problem ( https://gyazo.com/5e5f36262352719ded0dc3b241e63d17 ) -- Do you see the vertical lines above his mouth?I can't seem to get rid of them. Again, both G8 and the AFE are at SubD level 3 here. Thank you for any help/advice.

Post edited by DrowElfMorwen on
  • Can an add-on like Auto Face Enhancer detail be made for hands and feet?