Auto Face Enhancer [Commercial]

Comments

• DMasterDMaster Posts: 410

Promo Images for packaging? Only using PBR rendering.

AFE Promo 011.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 552K
    AFE Promo 000.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 379K
    AFE Promo 006.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M

Finish. I will be sending in the package today.

AFE Promo 015.jpg
    2600 x 2000 - 2M
  • The troubles I'm having with this product! When I apply the wearable, I can't then apply my character's materials to it. Except for the face, that one works. But the neck (torso) just will not apply. So, I'm left with a character that looks like it's wearing a sort of silicone cowl. I've tried saving the materials as a material preset, and then applying that to the wearable, but no dice.

The troubles I'm having with this product! When I apply the wearable, I can't then apply my character's materials to it. Except for the face, that one works. But the neck (torso) just will not apply. So, I'm left with a character that looks like it's wearing a sort of silicone cowl. I've tried saving the materials as a material preset, and then applying that to the wearable, but no dice.

That just sucks. If the product is not working for you. Please ask Daz for a full refund. Like all products on Daz, it goes through much testing and strict approval process. Having a bad product is not good business for me and for Daz. I hope you can find a solution to the problem for the benefits it has will only enhance the facial expressions. Thank you for your support.

• DMaster said:

The troubles I'm having with this product! When I apply the wearable, I can't then apply my character's materials to it. Except for the face, that one works. But the neck (torso) just will not apply. So, I'm left with a character that looks like it's wearing a sort of silicone cowl. I've tried saving the materials as a material preset, and then applying that to the wearable, but no dice.

That just sucks. If the product is not working for you. Please ask Daz for a full refund. Like all products on Daz, it goes through much testing and strict approval process. Having a bad product is not good business for me and for Daz. I hope you can find a solution to the problem for the benefits it has will only enhance the facial expressions. Thank you for your support.

I'm not giving up on it yet. I'm still fidgeting with it. It really does add some beautiful detail, and I can tell a lot of work went in to it. If I get it to work for me, I'll share what did it. 

I'm probably also going to buy the male version! :)

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379
    DMaster said:

I'm not giving up on it yet. I'm still fidgeting with it. It really does add some beautiful detail, and I can tell a lot of work went in to it. If I get it to work for me, I'll share what did it. 

I'm probably also going to buy the male version! :)

Hmm. The process of applying the material works fine for me. The only thing I'm waiting for is the update for the female version! :)

• DMaster said:

Hmm. The process of applying the material works fine for me. The only thing I'm waiting for is the update for the female version! :)

Are you just applying your figure's materials to the wearable? That's what I'm doing, but it doesn't work. Applying just my figure's "face" preset changes the face, but not the neck or back of the head.

DMaster said:

Are you just applying your figure's materials to the wearable? That's what I'm doing, but it doesn't work. Applying just my figure's "face" preset changes the face, but not the neck or back of the head.

when saving material preset. select all. just save everything, then select the AFE and assign to.

pdf
    pdf
    Applying Material.pdf
    6M
  • DMaster said:

Are you getting something like the left image below?  If so, are you including just the face material in the preset? You need to put everything into the preset.

faceonly.png
    681 x 845 - 619K
    faceplus.png
    706 x 861 - 666K
  • Alright, so following the PDF above, I figured out what was happening. I was doing as suggested, and was going to the Save As menu, clicking "save material preset", and choosing a save location (my figure's materials). I was doing this, and it wasn't working for me. Turns out, I needed to use the "add asset" button, after having first navigated to the correct directory, under my content library. Just doing as stated--loading the appropriate materials on your figure, then clicking on "save as" and then selecting "material preset"--opens a dialog box asking you to specify where you want to save it, and even though I was saving it in the correct file location, I couldn't get it to save in a way that would make it show up in my figure's material selections. Using the add asset button did the trick. Whew!

That was my big hurdle, glad I didn't give up on the product, loving the results so far. 

Alright, so following the PDF above, I figured out what was happening. I was doing as suggested, and was going to the Save As menu, clicking "save material preset", and choosing a save location (my figure's materials). I was doing this, and it wasn't working for me. Turns out, I needed to use the "add asset" button, after having first navigated to the correct directory, under my content library. Just doing as stated--loading the appropriate materials on your figure, then clicking on "save as" and then selecting "material preset"--opens a dialog box asking you to specify where you want to save it, and even though I was saving it in the correct file location, I couldn't get it to save in a way that would make it show up in my figure's material selections. Using the add asset button did the trick. Whew!

That was my big hurdle, glad I didn't give up on the product, loving the results so far. 

Happy you got it working for you.

"Add Asset" isn't something I had to do. So that's weird.

I have submitted it to Daz.

This is fun to play with. Really like the end product. Here are some characters I play around with.

Auto Face Enhancer Genesis 8 Male(s) Bundle 09.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 507K
    Auto Face Enhancer Genesis 8 Male(s) Bundle 11.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 532K
    Auto Face Enhancer Genesis 8 Male(s) Bundle 12.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 680K
    Auto Face Enhancer Genesis 8 Male(s) Bundle 05.jpg
    2600 x 1908 - 2M
    Auto Face Enhancer HD With PowerPose 03.jpg
    2600 x 2000 - 2M
    Auto Face Enhancer HD With PowerPose 06.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 964K
    Auto Face Enhancer HD With PowerPose 02.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 943K
  • DMaster said:

I have submitted it to Daz.

This is fun to play with. Really like the end product. Here are some characters I play around with.

Next level stuff, DMaster! I look forward to playing around with it!

P.S. I put in an Atlas UVs Maps for G8M and AFE for those who like to take Daz into Marmoset to render in realtime. The atlas UVs do have seam issues. Anyone can help fix that be nice.

• AsariAsari Posts: 703
    DMaster, those renders are truly incredible.
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

super!

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Cannot wait!

Fantastic stuff!

Any update on G8F?

Working on it now.

DMaster said:

Working on it now.

Woooooooooo!

• DMaster said:

Working on it now.

Awesome!
  • Looking good!  Good work DMaster

1st test image for G8F.

AFE G8F Test 001.jpg
    1920 x 1920 - 2M
  • DMaster said:

1st test image for G8F.

I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but totally awesome!
    DMaster said:

1st test image for G8F.

Now we're cooking with gas!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

It's going to be nice to have bother these AFE products in a scene.

• Just to clarify proper usage of AFE: Am I supposed to set View & Render-minimum subdivision to 0 (under General -> Mesh Resolution) on both the figure and the AFE geograft in order to get the best results?

hookflash said:

Just to clarify proper usage of AFE: Am I supposed to set View & Render-minimum subdivision to 0 (under General -> Mesh Resolution) on both the figure and the AFE geograft in order to get the best results?

Yes. set it to SD0.  The AFE geometry will be at SD0 = to that of SD2 when rendering (face area only). I designed for animation so you can see facial detail in the animation.

The new update for G8F will have HD Morphs. Ways more details. It will be somewhat like G8M when it comes out. Soon I hope. All G8M AFE has been approved. 

I am working on the G8F update. I will upload some more sample expressions here. 

Yes, the update will be free. The new skin details for G8F will be an additional purchase. 

Best. 

Just a note. The new update to G8F is 100% new. I am redoing the geometry to capture the lip's details area. Thus all (same) new detail morphs. Also putting HD expression on the G8F base figure. This will give you more flexibility and need not apply the AFE mesh if you see the problem with your character face shape. With SubD2 rendering, it will be close to superb. You will still need the AFE mesh for the Supper magnificent HD details if you want to see the skin pore and details.

DMaster said:

Just a note. The new update to G8F is 100% new. I am redoing the geometry to capture the lip's details area. Thus all (same) new detail morphs. Also putting HD expression on the G8F base figure. This will give you more flexibility and need not apply the AFE mesh if you see the problem with your character face shape. With SubD2 rendering, it will be close to superb. You will still need the AFE mesh for the Supper magnificent HD details if you want to see the skin pore and details.

Awesome! Can't wait.