Shows That Inspire Animations

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,229

...and while this isn't exactly a "show", it's an add I watched as I was grabbing the Kenobi one above.

This is what I've been using as a replacement for Photoshop since they refused to sell me a perpetual license

They have a wealth of easy-to-follow tutorials on doing amazing things with the software on their YouTube channel as well! 

Meet James Ritson. This short intro to the UI is done by the wonderful chap who does all of their Affinity Photo tutorials, and he's just simply amazing!

Sorry to put this stuff here. The reason I did is because it truly inspires me to animate - big time. The software and tutorials, like those for Howler as well, have taken me a lot farther toward reaching my goals. Both (Howler and Affinity Photo) are very inexpensive, subscription free, and are developed by folks that inspire me to produce better art, nd to have a lot of fun doing it!

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

was oping witcher would come to amazon prime.  so far they have a 7 minute trailer showing him battling a moon wraith.

started getting into watching elder scrolls for a lil while, lately checking out devil may cry. more handsome blokes   lol 

nothing as mesmeriing as that opening scene to witcher 1  battling the bruxa

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,860
    edited December 2019

there needs to be an Elder Scrolls movie yes

just don't let the producers of "cats" near the Khajiit

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 2019
    Mystarra said:

was oping witcher would come to amazon prime.  so far they have a 7 minute trailer showing him battling a moon wraith.

started getting into watching elder scrolls for a lil while, lately checking out devil may cry. more handsome blokes   lol 

nothing as mesmeriing as that opening scene to witcher 1  battling the bruxa

omething tells me that Netflix won't be sharing it with their direct competition. Maybe by then they'll join together?

I thought Geralt battled a Striga in the first opener(?)

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

prolly, mixed up my strigas with bruxas

i;ve never defeated the bruxa in Geralt's house in Toussant

edited December 2019

As much as I love the games, I haven't finished any of them. I love the art books and other fun stuff that comes with them, and I love playing them, but I like to spend the time I could use for gaming working in Carrara. Strange me, eh?

I do need to get back into 1 and finish it (from the beginning again) and then work through the series. It's good to set at least a little time aside to play games. It's good for a person!

• its a Striga in the book

its a Striga in the book

Yup. The cinematic in question is in my post above. Says Striga right in there: "She was a Striga!"

1980s choreography  lol

a lotta pressure for one dude named Mikki

edited December 2019

the rosty holiday animation contest has no entries yet.

i haz no bling for my tree top.

theme is lost toy

a prizes is poser 11

Post edited by Mistara on
  • Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,192
    Mystarra said:

the rosty holiday animation contest has no entries yet.

I'm working on one, still got over a week ... cheeky

working on mine, still need bling topper for my carrara tree

Amazing CG:

Blur Studio Show Reel

Weta Digital Alita VFX Breakdown

Weta Digital Show Reel 2019

Blur Studio - Elder Scrolls Online

Age of Armour did the cool vfx in the beginning - cutting the C out of Carrara, amongst other cool shots of his in here. I'm just glad that this link still works!

Age of Armour did the cool vfx in the beginning - cutting the C out of Carrara, amongst other cool shots of his in here. I'm just glad that this link still works!

Carrara can do all that?  Huh, who knew? wink

edited December 2019

yessmiley ...and So Much More!!!

edited December 2019

i lov watching the particles experiments heart

tee hee

edited December 2019
    Mystarra said:

tee hee

The 3DJoji tank animation is prettry funny, he's one of my favorite vendors for Poser format content.  I assume the smoke/particles were done in Carrara?  I mentioned a while back that I switched my video editor to be able to use Particle Illusion, an old favorite stand alone 2D FX program that can overly any video or still.  It was reborn as a plugin (only) for high end video editors, hence my switch to Vegas.  I'm working on an animation now and really enjoy using it.  To me, it seems much easier than 3D particle systems, and gives the same or better results.  To repeat myself, here is a short animation using some of the hundreds of PI presets:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdOd9ckzAjs

Post edited by Steve K on
    Steve K said:
    Mystarra said:

tee hee

The 3DJoji tank animation is prettry funny, he's one of my favorite vendors for Poser format content.  I assume the smoke/particles were done in Carrara?  I mentioned a while back that I switched my video editor to be able to use Particle Illusion, an old favorite stand alone 2D FX program that can overly any video or still.  It was reborn as a plugin (only) for high end video editors, hence my switch to Vegas.  I'm working on an animation now and really enjoy using it.  To me, it seems much easier than 3D particle systems, and gives the same or better results.  To repeat myself, here is a short animation using some of the hundreds of PI presets:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdOd9ckzAjs

was an Age of Armor clip

Andromeda series didnt have tractor beams, they used bucky cables.

did they feel tractor beams were over done?

edited December 2019

cant find what the ocean was called in the pangea days.  1 continent.  1 ocean?

What is the ocean that surrounds Pangea?

Panthalassa, also known as the Panthalassic Ocean or Panthalassan Ocean (from Greek πᾶν "all" and θάλασσα "sea"), was the superocean that surrounded the supercontinent Pangaea. During the Paleozoic – Mesozoic transition c. 250  Ma it occupied almost 70% of Earth's surface.

more confused, this shows 2 oceans

Disney+ has a special preview of Star Wars - The Rise of Skywalker. Just watched it. Looks... OMG!!!

The Mandalorian is a cool show too! Darned if they didn't just leave me on a crazy cliffhanger though... Argh!

Looking forward to Season 7 of The Clone Wars!!!

edited December 2019

Cool cover of the Mandalorian theme song

The coming of Season 7... the end of the Clone Wars at last!

In two days... the finale of the Skywalker nine-part Saga:

edited December 2019

i lke these kind of charactor portraits.  dunno if there a special word for em

i should start doing these for my book characters

kewl witcher  II

Not a show, but a visit to a local venue set up for weddings an special events.  Its an old west town, lighted for the holidays and the general public.  Reminds me a little of the final scenes of the recent movie "Deadwood" (sort of a sequel to the great HBO series from years ago), where the snow starts falling.  Inspires me to think about all the great old west scenes available from the talented 3D vendors.

Town Overview 1280x750.jpg
    1280 x 753 - 716K
    Businesses 1280x1035.jpg
    1280 x 1035 - 926K
    Offices 1280x1070.jpg
    1280 x 1070 - 1015K
    Saloon Wide 1280x960.jpg
    1280 x 993 - 931K
    Bar 700x720.jpg
    707 x 720 - 441K

Lindsey Stirling

well, she not paganini, but she very cute.  like a Terai Yuki or Aiko on violin.

I have to wait before I can go watch Star Wars IX - The Rise of Skywalker, but The Witcher is now on Netflix!!!

This "Final Trailer" contains bit beyond the first episode, and episode 1 is all I've had time for tonight (Busy rendering!), and I just loved it! I'm going to take my own sweet time watching this one. TV-MA, it certainly lives up to something bearing its name. Amazing starting episode!

Here's that "Final Trailer"

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Henry Cavill was on Graham Norton last night: the Witcher definitely sounds interesting, although I should probably finish S4 of The Expanse first...

i hope they release witcher on blueray

edited December 2019

Wow... they actually reenact that into cinematic scene of the first Witcher... but Live Action!!! So Cool!!!

Henry Cavill is such an amazing Geralt! The hardest part for me is to stop playing and wait for the next day to continue. I mean... a person has to render some stuff too, right?

The Witcher

I don't really play video games. Too much to do. I found out about the original The Witcher game while it was in development because it made the news in the Neverwinter Nights gaming circles - the developer, CDProjekt RED was using BioWare's Aurora Game Engine (made for Neverwinter Nights) to create an entirely different game, which didin't come out until years later. It was my work on developing mods for NWN that eventually drew me to 3DS Max, then Poser... and that led me to find and eventually buy Carrara.

Years went by and I was happily working away in Carrara in whatever spare slots of time I could find. Not that many years ago I found NWN, Baldur's Gate, and all those D&D computer games I did like at a place called GOG.com which is actually run by CDProjekt RED. I saw an incredible deal on The Witcher (that first one) in a Game of the Year edition, which includes all the bells and whistles. Bought it for next to nothing.

I didn't even install the game at first, but did download the art book. Beautiful. Amazing concept and development art. So I decided to try the game. It's like playing a good book with RPG game controls on keyboard and mouse. Really great story.

Another great deal came up for the GotY edition of The Witcher II, and later for The Witcher III, which by then was a global phenomenon as one of the Best RPG games Ever. 

Again, not playing the games, I really enjoy the art books (very generous sharing of art!) and the music is truly amazing. I still haven't finished any of the games, but have played several hours in each of them - just to get a taste. The games are really good. Really good. I see why they caused such a stir, even being someone who doesn't play games ever. The videos that go along with, advertise, or are part of the games are really great too. CDProjekt RED noticed that games, especially RPG games weren't as rich with extra goodies as they used to be. They wanted to pack theirs the way D&D games used to come, full of maps, art, quick play sheets... the whole nine yards, and they did a really nice job of it.

Anyway, I say all of this in case any of you decide to grab one or all of them - here's a link to The Witcher games at CDProjekt RED

...and here is a cool Documentary Playlist by NoClip behind the scenes in the making of the series (excellent!!!). Trailer below

A lot of the still art seen in the trailer is from the art books included with the GotY edition games - the music behind the trailer is from the soundtrack of The Witcher III