Shows That Inspire Animations

Comments

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,191

I am not familiar with the Darkover works.  But yes, fiction can inspire animations.  An inspiration to me is:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I,_Robot

Isaac Asimov is one of the truly great SciFi writers.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,821
    Mystarra said:

waiting for inspiration on animated logo

the hopping lamp is already taken.
    boy on the sickle moon fishing is already taken.
    i kinda like the game of thrones opening credits. just glue some gears on it 

I find anything TED  very inspiring 

maybe some Carrara versions of these ancient margin arts such as Monty Python were wont to do

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

i heard of trumpet farts  lol

Here's one you might like, "O. Henry's Full House" (1952, B&W, 7.3 at IMDB).  Five of the most popular short stories by the great story teller, with a Who's Who of famous actors at that time.  The NYTimes reviewer at the time:

" ... everyone should find rewarding every moment of the first episode, a grand performance of 'The Cop and the Anthem,' with Charles Laughton [The original Captain Bligh in 'Mutiny on the Bounty'] in the major comic role. For Mr. Laughton, directed by Henry Koster, makes a highly amiable character of the roguish bum who is balked in his desperate endeavors to arrange a winter vacation in jail, until—but, of course, we shouldn't tip you to the nature of this one's surprise. It is a neatly contrived little comment, embracing a social irony."  (It also has Marilyn Monroe).  

The whole thing is free at Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPbgGywFiNg

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,703
    Steve K said:

Here's one you might like, "O. Henry's Full House" (1952, B&W, 7.3 at IMDB).  Five of the most popular short stories by the great story teller, with a Who's Who of famous actors at that time.  The NYTimes reviewer at the time:

" ... everyone should find rewarding every moment of the first episode, a grand performance of 'The Cop and the Anthem,' with Charles Laughton [The original Captain Bligh in 'Mutiny on the Bounty'] in the major comic role. For Mr. Laughton, directed by Henry Koster, makes a highly amiable character of the roguish bum who is balked in his desperate endeavors to arrange a winter vacation in jail, until—but, of course, we shouldn't tip you to the nature of this one's surprise. It is a neatly contrived little comment, embracing a social irony."  (It also has Marilyn Monroe).  

The whole thing is free at Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPbgGywFiNg

I heard of Marilyn Monroe but sure about the rest.  Probably because in 1952 I was not watching tv or anything.

Steve K said:

I heard of Marilyn Monroe but sure about the rest.  Probably because in 1952 I was not watching tv or anything.

Yup, oldies but goodies.  Probably the best known story in the bunch is "The Gift Of The Magi" (published 1905), you can read it here (6 pages):

https://americanenglish.state.gov/files/ae/resource_files/1-the_gift_of_the_magi_0.pdf

witcher 3 cut scenes  inspiring.  final fantasy cut scenes.

most of my favorite movies, shows, and witcher 3 start with epic action scenes.

dunno tho, wanna be different

Mystarra said:

most of my favorite movies, shows, and witcher 3 start with epic action scenes.

dunno tho, wanna be different

I just watched "Deadpool 2", more action scenes that most video games.  E.g. the hero gets torn completely in half at the waist.  But pretty funny.  Lots of "Fourth Wall" breaks, like DP telling a biker in a bar who stumbles over his lines, "No more talking parts for you." (Not an outtake)

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,079

RE: breakin the 4th wall. The Hope and Crosby Road" pictures did a lot of that. This discussion clip claims that Dorothy L'Amour was responsble for the "Road" pictures using that style.  Might be an interesting short watch.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,224
    edited May 2019

The Dragons in Game of Thrones!

Since this is just a collage of dragons scenes fro seasons 1-7, I doubt there are any spoilers here except that there are really dragons, they are 'Real' dragons, and some people with be burned by the dragons - oh, and that Daenerys is their mother! ;)

EDIT: I especially love those earlier shots when they were just baby dragons! heart

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

I should also add that the thumbnail of the video doesn't do the dragons any justice at all. They're actually some of the finest dragons I've ever seen - the snapshot makes them look less than excellent.

4th Wall breaks: "Richard III is a 1995 British drama film adapted from William Shakespeare's play of the same name, starring Ian McKellen ... The film sets the play in 1930s Britain with Richard as a fascist sympathiser plotting to usurp the throne."  McKellen says many lines straight to the camera, pretty much the way Shakespeare had in mind, I think.. My favorite was after surreptitiously killing everybody who might be king, the powers that be ask Richard to be king.  He says to the camera, "I am not made of stone".

dead pool 4th wall break inside a 4th wall break, thats 16 walls

The Dragons in Game of Thrones!

Since this is just a collage of dragons scenes fro seasons 1-7, I doubt there are any spoilers here except that there are really dragons, they are 'Real' dragons, and some people with be burned by the dragons - oh, and that Daenerys is their mother! ;)

EDIT: I especially love those earlier shots when they were just baby dragons! heart

dental floss

drahkharus

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,079
    edited May 2019

Here is a youtube channel of a guy who lkes Vincent Price horror movies, and similar creepy monster stuff.  Reviews a lot of old horror movies.

https://www.youtube.com/user/drgangrene/videos

Post edited by Diomede on

big decision in desigmimg architecture for our sff worlds:

style of archway

i'm inspired by how detailed everything is for the khajiit in elder scrolls, down to the lanterns and bongs

Here is a youtube channel of a guy who lkes Vincent Price horror movies, and similar creepy monster stuff.  Reviews a lot of old horror movies.

https://www.youtube.com/user/drgangrene/videos

Looks good, anybody who does an "Ed Wood" night is OK in my book.

Sir Diomede, Yes! I was just thinking of how inspiring those old horror/monster flicks can be towards coming up with animated works. I just watched the 1979 Dracula with Frank Langella as the vamp himself, and Sir Lawrence Olivier as VanHelsing. Now I want to go to the way back ones. Once in a while we can find deals on a whole pack of those old B&W flicks that just pique the imagination! 

...but some of the new stuff can be pretty inspiring too. For example, Matt Ryan's portrayal of John Constantine. Although the actual show was canceled, he's now making appearances in the show, Legends of Tomorrow, and it's rumored that John Constantine might get another (or more?) season after the conclusion of Legends(?).

Preceding Matt Ryan, I think Keanu Reaves did an excellent job in the (also very inspiring) movie, Constantine

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,821

well Game of Thrones even though I have not watched past season 2 inspired me to do this laugh

Wendy, You Are an Inspiration!

BTW... Very cool! 

edited May 2019

OMG! These folks redid the scene in Star Wars (the first movie) when Darth Vader kills Obi-Wan

Awesome!!!

Added new acting and added face replacement, etc., very epic scene now!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

OMG! These folks redid the scene in Star Wars (the first movie) when Darth Vader kills Obi-Wan

Very impressive.  

a few inspireringss have faded over the years, roo. xena, vincent from beauty and the beast, david lee roth

who isn't inspired by a crazy ivan manuever, whether is hunt for red october or firefly episode.

Mystarra said:

who isn't inspired by a crazy ivan manuever, whether is hunt for red october or firefly episode.

Yeah, the Reavers will make the Firefly crew do stuff like that.

During one wild chase:

Capt. Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds: This is the Captain. There's a little problem with our entry sequence so we may experience slight turbulence and then explode. Can you shave the vector?
    Wash: I'm doing it it's not enough!

Capt. Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds: Well just get us on the ground!
    Wash: That part will happen pretty definitely!

wash  oww

i have no memory of this video,
    i'm sure 30 years ago it didnt make motion sick lol

taaaake onnnn meeee  can't hear it these days without thinking dead pool

edited May 2019

bleckkk

Post edited by Mistara on