Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 6

Comments

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 867
    edited December 1969

@goshtac: Thank you very much for you suggestion to make breaking waves/foam. Interesting idea to use a tree. I am afraid, I won't have much time the next days to try it out.

@Horo, Jamahoney, GussNemo: Thank you too, for your comments. A try to change the plane in to a terrain, as soon as I have the time.

• GoshtacGoshtac Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

@HORO: Gorgeous bit of art on the mountain valley scene my friend. I know what you mean about how you can start out working on one project and then end up going a totally different route in the end. Been there, done that...

Have a good one my friend!

Bruce

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited February 2014

Its been awhile.....under the old bridge......just throwing this up since I played with Bryce tonight...just a simple picture
    everyone has really great renders!!! I just can't seem to put together anything but simple stuff lately....Trish

under_the_old_bridge2.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    Post edited by Trish on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,360
    edited December 1969

Beautiful renders from everyone.

Fran- from the sketch of BlooPea, I thought it was female, looking forward to SweetPea and her companions. Are you writing the story too or just doing the illustrations?

Goshtac- thanks for mentioning using foliage for splashes.

My attempt at Hypertexture driven ambient reflection mapping and scattering - by David Brinnen

reflectionmap-scattering.jpg
    600 x 600 - 23K
    edited December 1969
    dh.jpg
    801 x 701 - 319K
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Haven't done a dragon for a while... So here goes.

DragonGirlDark2.jpg
    896 x 786 - 341K
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited February 2014

Nice works above...the variety in this forum changes like the weather (should I mention weather?). On another topic, was watching China's newswork the other week concerning their 'Year of the Horse' where hundreds of people were launching lanterns - hence, the below. Good luck to all, especially to those who launch such wonderful objects.

Jay

YearofTheHorse.jpg
    1631 x 881 - 310K
    Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,508
    edited February 2014

@Bruce - thank you for your kind words.

@Trish - I like the atmospherics of the bridge render. A bit of soft shadows would make it quite realistic. Thank you for presenting our newest product.

@mermaid010 - very nice material on the shape.

@Dave - that lady has two nice pets.

@Jay - very nice idea and nicely done.

I've been tunneling a bit and came up with these two simple renders.

SR.jpg
    900 x 600 - 179K
    CW.jpg
    750 x 600 - 61K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited February 2014

@Trish ... great render on the bridge, the water looks so serene

@theSavage64 .. nice dragon, what product is that?

@Horo ... the tunnels are awesome, really like the first one looking out over the water

@jamahoney ...very nice effect

@mermaid .. like that effect altho I haven't tempted trying to do that yet

Post edited by Kharma on
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Dave: Of your three images I like the second best. It has colors which seem more realistic to me. Yet, the desert image is very believable. And the dragon scene, nice.

@Horo: Your latest images are really nice. Especially the cave which took on a life of its own. The look of the scene looking out of the cave is marvelous.

@Trish: Really nice underside of a bridge. Love your color choices.

@mermaid: Really nice results from David's tutorial.

@Jay: So, what was everyone drinking in that scene? Nice work.

edited December 1969

Thank you very much everyone !!! Trish

edited December 1969

Kharma said:
    @theSavage64 .. nice dragon, what product is that?

It's the Millennium Dragon from DAZ.
    I made my own red skin for it and then posed it in Poser and then exported to Bryce.
    edited December 1969

@Kharma - thank you. The water ought to be ice, like the cave window that came out rather like a coal mine.

@GussNemo - thank you.

edited December 1969

Knocked this one together quickly using the same lighting set up as the Dragon pic.
    Well, it would have been quick until I added the trans map to the girl's hair... Then it became a 6 hour render.

PunkGirlSword2.jpg
    675 x 975 - 236K
    edited December 1969

Hi folks;

Just a little update on my WIP on the Church model I have been working on. Made quite a few changes to it since I last posted a preview.

The front doors now open and close. You can see inside the foyer ( Way too much time on my hands making pens for signing church guest book, putting lightbulb into a fixture that can barely be seen, etc ) Also put a back door on the Church and a set of wooden stairs there. Fixed some texture issues on a number of things.

About the only thing I really need to work on is I am not totally happy with the stained glass on building sides, so I may change these windows before I post this model as a freebie.

Comments, suggestions, etc. are appreciated. Thanks for looking.

Bruce

Church_WIP_Preview_2A.jpg
    1549 x 903 - 267K
    Church_WIP_Preview_2.jpg
    1436 x 908 - 245K
  • franontheedgefranontheedge Posts: 342
    edited December 1969

@ Jamahoney,

franontheedge….love your imagination. Btw, will you be doing an animated version of these characters? Knowing them as you do, I suspect you have different mannerisms and behaviourial aspects for each - essentially, personalities. I can see stories developing already as a series for, say, the Beeb (BBC) or Nickelodeon.
    Jay

Well, I am working towards that idea, yes. (the animation part, I mean, not the BBC or Nickelodeon, that's highly unlikely! Lol.) But it does rather depend on my learning how to rig my characters... and then if I can remember either how to do a walk cycle (from my uni days) or where I put my animation books.

If I keep working on it maybe one day I'll get somewhere with it., I've already got more done now that I ever thought I would.

@ Horo,

@franontheedge - those guys do look funny.
    Thanks, they are meant to, so that's a good sign.
    That render does look particularly like a Swiss alp. Reminds me of Heidi.
    Nice views inside and through those tunnels.

@Goshtac,
    Thank you. Interesting church you have there.

@GussNemo,

@fran: Those two characters are really cute in that scene.

Um... I'm not sure if cuteness is a good thing or not, it's certainly not the effect I was going for. (Personally I can't stand 'cute', so I tend to avoid it, if at all possible. But perhaps cute means something quite different to you from what it means to me – golly, I hope so!)
    Lol.

@mermaid,
    Nice soft effect on that wheel hub thingie's reflection.

Fran- from the sketch of BlooPea, I thought it was female, looking forward to SweetPea and her companions. Are you writing the story too or just doing the illustrations?

I have written a short outline and a sample scene, plus character descriptions. The sample scene managed to make a friend laugh, I valued that at the time, since I admired his own animations – which contained some lovely humour.
    I wonder where I put that scene...?

@bullit,
    If that's what you are throwing up – then I think you should see a doctor without delay.
    Lol!
    Nice render.

@Jay, love that lantern render.

@Dave,
    Those rocks look rather impossible at that angle but lovely skies. Nice punk hair style on the girl. Love the dragon.

@Electro elvis,
    Those rocks in the sea remind me of The Needles, love the look of the sea, but even more so the sky.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have a question.
    Please could you all take a look at these two renders – at the BlooPea character and tell me what you think each character is like – the one with the face full of berries, and the naked faced one.
    Does this make much difference?
    And if you can, why...?
    This would be most helpful.

BlooPeaDist1Crop.jpg
    649 x 619 - 122K
    BlooPeaDist2Crop.jpg
    649 x 619 - 124K
    edited February 2014

Fran: I am not sure I can explain why but ...The blue pea with the face full of blue berries reminds me of a male character very serious or could be and the other seams more female ...more open and cheerful.....If I had to chose one though I would pick the full face one....hope that helps you ...Trish

Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

@Dave: That wonderful looking lady seems to have serious work on her mind. Very nice sword, BTW.

@Bruce: Really like the look of the church. Nice you've included opening doors and a foyer. Did you do the stain glass with individual panels of glass or one solid pain and use a variegated colored material? If the latter, then maybe individual panes and assorted colored material might help?

@fran: Personally I vote for the plain face figure. It lets you give expressions to the face which can't be seen with the fully berried face. Especially around the eyes, which I find sets the entire atmosphere of a face.

edited February 2014

Hi folks: Thanks for the comments on the church - after my last posting, I took another look at my handicap ramp and now in process of redoing that as well.

@ Guss: I had found some stain glass images of a real church and just put a series of them on 2D faces that I stuck just inside my window openings - Still not happy with that and almost feel I am stealing someone elses art by using actual stained glass window art.
    :red: So I think I am going to try and come up with my own art for the windows and replace the ones I have now.

@ Fran: I am torn on the two versions of your cute creation. Yes - Sorry, I called them cute as well... ;-) To me, they both have merit - Although I guess I am tending to lean toward the render with the full berry face. Love these guys you created and always look forward to your revisions...

Bruce

Post edited by Goshtac on
  • StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 1969

@Goshtac

How about using Gimp (which is Free) to make stained glass.
    I found this but have not tried it myself.

Open your photo in GIMP by clicking "File > Open" and choosing your image from its folder.

Click "Filters > Distorts > Mosaic..." from the menu at the top of the screen. The Mosaic options window will open.

Choose the shape of the pieces from the drop-down menu. The selections include squares, hexagons, octagons and squares, and triangles.

Adjust the tile size by dragging the bar or entering a value in the box. The higher the number, the larger the pieces.

Use the "Tile Height" option to give the pieces a three-dimensional look by providing a light source. A value of one makes each piece contain just one color, looking completely flat. A higher value adds a gradient of light, adding dimensionality. To achieve a truer stained glass look, leave this value at one.

Control the thickness of the border between the pieces by adjusting the "Tile Spacing" bar.

Drag the "Tile Neatness" bar to a lower number to make the piece shapes more haphazard, or to a higher number to make the shapes more uniform.

Use the "Light Direction" bar to choose the angle of light that highlights each piece.

Drag the "Color Variation" bar to a higher number to create a wider variation of colors, or leave it on a lower number to keep the colors more uniform and closer to the original image.

Click "OK" to make the changes, and "Save As" to save this altered image as a separate file.

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/how_8026617_convert-photo-stain-glass-pattern.html#ixzz2tCilMqcE

edited February 2014

StuartB4 said:
    @Goshtac

How about using Gimp (which is Free) to make stained glass.
    I found this but have not tried it myself.

Open your photo in GIMP by clicking "File > Open" and choosing your image from its folder.

Click "Filters > Distorts > Mosaic..." from the menu at the top of the screen. The Mosaic options window will open.

Choose the shape of the pieces from the drop-down menu. The selections include squares, hexagons, octagons and squares, and triangles.

Adjust the tile size by dragging the bar or entering a value in the box. The higher the number, the larger the pieces.

Use the "Tile Height" option to give the pieces a three-dimensional look by providing a light source. A value of one makes each piece contain just one color, looking completely flat. A higher value adds a gradient of light, adding dimensionality. To achieve a truer stained glass look, leave this value at one.

Control the thickness of the border between the pieces by adjusting the "Tile Spacing" bar.

Drag the "Tile Neatness" bar to a lower number to make the piece shapes more haphazard, or to a higher number to make the shapes more uniform.

Use the "Light Direction" bar to choose the angle of light that highlights each piece.

Drag the "Color Variation" bar to a higher number to create a wider variation of colors, or leave it on a lower number to keep the colors more uniform and closer to the original image.

Click "OK" to make the changes, and "Save As" to save this altered image as a separate file.

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/how_8026617_convert-photo-stain-glass-pattern.html#ixzz2tCilMqcE

@ Hi Stuart: Thanks for the suggestion on Gimp. I know a lot of people really like that program and like you said, it's free. Personally I use Paint Shop Pro ( Various versions for about 20 years now ) which I use for my graphics and textures. I also have Photoshop but I personally prefer my PSP (( Especially my version 9 - I have versions 7 thru 15 at this time installed ) for majority of my graphics work over the years.

I really like your idea on using the mosaic effect to add that something extra to a stained glass look. PSP as well as some plugins I have do mosaics, so I will have to play around with that idea.

Thanks again for the feedback and the suggestions. Have a great day !

Bruce

(PS: As you can see, I have no shortage of Graphic or 3D programs on my system - Even have programs that create bricks, pavers and woodwork of various types ) I just have been out of the loop in the forums for the past 2 years since I had major system issues and was without a decent computer for awhile. It is so great to be able to get back into playing with my artwork again and get to hang out with lots of old friends and new friends in primarily the Bryce forums... :-) Although I must admit that being retired now and spending way to much time on the computer at times, drives the wife a bit nuts sometime... :red:

Post edited by Goshtac on
    edited December 1969

Here are a few images of four Torii crossed at the center with the camera inside. Also tried one with a reflective sphere but didn't like the results all that well.

Inside_Torii_18.png
    757 x 757 - 991K
    Inside_Torii_13.png
    757 x 757 - 850K
    Inside_Torii_8.png
    757 x 757 - 951K
    Inside_Torii_5.png
    757 x 757 - 862K
    Inside_Torii_3.png
    757 x 757 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Guss: The second one reminds me of a wizard....They are all really cool!!

edited December 1969

@Dave - lady with sword looks great.

@Bruce - church comes along nicely.

@fran - difficult to get a preference. Finally, I think I like the full berry one a tad better. The one with the more open face gives me the impression of hair and beard.

@GussNemo - the camera inside crossed tori gives almost unlimited possibilities for abstracts. No, I don't start again with them at the moment, it gets rapidly addictive and all the work to be done gets forgotten.

edited December 1969

@ Guss;

Wow my friend - really love the creative images you did with the multiple Torus primitives - Very cool. Like Horo tho, I don't want to get into that again right now (Still have my sewer project to get back to which started with Torus models) Playing with those are as Horo stated, highly addictive.

Very nice creations and the colors and lighting makes for some awesome designs...

Bruce

edited December 1969

Miss punk girl... Are you ready for your close up? :-)

Mouth.jpg
    975 x 633 - 156K
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Playing catch-up. Just wanted to say, anyone that has emailed me in the last week and is wondering what's up it seems my ISP has for as yet unknown reasons decided to disable my email server. Grr... In the mean time, here's another random cave pic.

P53_Ice_cave_remix1.jpg
    500 x 650 - 160K
  • c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

Playing catch-up. Just wanted to say, anyone that has emailed me in the last week and is wondering what's up it seems my ISP has for as yet unknown reasons decided to disable my email server. Grr... In the mean time, here's another random cave pic.

Yes David, I've try to send you a mail today to get some news from you because I've understand that you've got problems because of bad weather in england. Hope you're well.

Saddly gmail deliver me a failure status notification on you domain name.

Hope you'll get back your email adress.

edited December 1969

I know... I keep gravitating back to vehicles...

Trike.jpg
    1111 x 650 - 387K
    edited December 1969

@Trish: Thanks. Had to take a second look at that second image, but yeah, it sort of looks like a wizard.

@Horo: You are so right. I didn't remember trying this so I gave it a whirl. Different material, lighting, camera position, possibilities are endless.

@Bruce: Thanks. I can, and sometimes do, get distracted trying abstracts. But if you come up with something producing very nice results it's rather hard to stop creating. In this case I was basically just playing around while trying to figure out another water scene.

@Dave: Neat closeup. Only thing catches my eye is the lifelessness of the cheek. Almost seems like a piece of paper. Color on the lips is great looking. I say not ever have tried something like this.

@David: Love the cave. Hope your ISP gets ironed out.

This discussion has been closed.