[Released] RSSY Hair Converter from Victoria 4 to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,376

Use your favorite Victoria 4 hair on your Genesis 8 Females!  Automatically convert almost your entire library of Hair items using the new RSSY Hair Converter from Victoria 4 to Genesis 8 Female! The Hair Converter scripts provide batch execution for automatically converting your Victoria 4 Hair to Genesis 8 Female. Easily select the hair items in your library, select an output directory, and execute the script. Even better, icons and categories (where present) are copied from your original Victoria 4 hair to the new Genesis 8 Female hair items.

Your new Genesis 8 Female hair is Smart Content aware! They will show up when you select a Genesis 8 Female. Plus, all materials shown in Smart Content for your Victoria 4 item will show for your converted Genesis 8 Female item.

Items without metadata can be converted but will not show up in Smart Content. They may also need to be converted using a Force Convert Item(s) button.

• Convert Victoria 4 Hair for use by Genesis 8 characters.
  • New rigs add even more functionality to most Victoria 4 hairs.
  • Copies icons from Victoria 4 hair to Genesis 8 hair for a professional look.
  • Converted Hair is Smart Content enabled! All materials shown in Smart Content for your Victoria 4 item will show for your converted Genesis 8 item.
  • Automatically convert your entire library of hair with one operation!
  • Low ponytails and braids are given new bone rigs that can be posed from your Scene tab. Long and Extra-Long hair options add new pose bones too!
  • All of a hair's original morphs are retained.

TIP: When converting textures to Iray on older hairs, sometimes turning down Cutout Opacity in your Surfaces tab can help decrease the appearance of sharper strands!

rssyv4tog8hairconverter-daz3d-main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 1M
rssyv4tog8hairconverter-daz3d-pop01.jpg
1342 x 1000 - 290K
rssyv4tog8hairconverter-daz3d-pop02.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 2M
rssyv4tog8hairconverter-daz3d-pop03.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 2M
rssyv4tog8hairconverter-daz3d-pop04.jpg
3000 x 2363 - 1M
rssyv4tog8hairconverter-daz3d-pop05.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 2M
rssyv4tog8hairconverter-daz3d-pop06.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 1M
rssyv4tog8hairconverter-daz3d-pop07.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 1M
rssyv4tog8hairconverter-daz3d-pop08.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 2M
Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

Comments

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,952

I'm waiting!!!

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,376
    carrie58 said:

I'm waiting!!!

LOL smiley

• missuskissesmissuskisses Posts: 918
    What we have all been waiting for!!!!!!
    What we have all been waiting for!!!!!!

Great!  (And you have been much more patient than @carrie58, who sounds like a kid on a long car trip, a constant "Are we there yet?" laugh)

cheeky

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744

I am intrigued about this one. I had a lot of hair products for the Gen4 characters. My only question is whether they will stand up against the more modern modeling and texturing that people do today? Still, the "trip down memory lane" for my V4 outfits is enough to enourage me to give the hair a try too!

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762
    edited June 2019
    JonnyRay said:

I am intrigued about this one. I had a lot of hair products for the Gen4 characters. My only question is whether they will stand up against the more modern modeling and texturing that people do today? Still, the "trip down memory lane" for my V4 outfits is enough to enourage me to give the hair a try too!

Actually, a lot of even the V3 generation products still look pretty good provided you hit them with a modern Iray hair shader.   ANd as for my reaction to this announcement...

Post edited by Cybersox on
    carrie58 said:

cheeky

LOL

JonnyRay said:

I was surprised at how good they were. And as @Cybersox wrote, the right shader will help.

Cybersox said:
    JonnyRay said:

Actually, a lot of even the V3 generation products still look pretty good provided you hit them with a modern Iray hair shader.   ANd as for my reaction to this announcement...

That GIF definitely makes me laugh!  laugh  I am glad we can make you dance for joy!

• DripDrip Posts: 1,143

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,882

Wow, let's the party begin.

Thanks a lot for this a must and the most needed converter.

Drip said:

Too quick for me!  Yes, it is in store!

Artini said:

Wow, let's the party begin.

Thanks a lot for this a must and the most needed converter.

You're welcome!

Yup. Insta-buy for me too. Like I said your V4 to G8 clothing converter made me look into corners of my library I had long neglected. This will help bring some of those hair products forward too.

BTW, you should try to negotiate with those hair vendors for some sort of "kick back". wink I just bought several V4 hairs that I never would have bought if it wasn't for this tool.

• Panzer EmeraldPanzer Emerald Posts: 727
    edited June 2019

I’m just happy the late, great StudioArtVartanian’s hairs can continue to live on and be discovered by people using just G8.

Post edited by Panzer Emerald on
  • Yeah it's plopping straight in the cart for me too, I have a LOT of V4 hair.  Question though, somewhat retorical, I'm pretty sure there is no V4 hair with smart content, it all predates it, but was there ever any that wasn't Poser native?  Some of the Textures appeard on the DAZ side, but I can't find a single hair itself that does, I always accessed them all from the Poser Library.

Yeah it's plopping straight in the cart for me too, I have a LOT of V4 hair.  Question though, somewhat retorical, I'm pretty sure there is no V4 hair with smart content, it all predates it, but was there ever any that wasn't Poser native?  Some of the Textures appeard on the DAZ side, but I can't find a single hair itself that does, I always accessed them all from the Poser Library.

I think April created some Gen 4 hairs that had full Daz Studio versions of them, but as I recall they all had Poser versions even if there was a DS version. Mostly "Daz Studio" support was just about the different settings for surfaces.

Also, don't forget that some hairs would show up in the runtime folders as "Figures" not "Hairs". I wasn't deep enough into Poser to understand why though. :)

• JonnyRay said:

Yeah it's plopping straight in the cart for me too, I have a LOT of V4 hair.  Question though, somewhat retorical, I'm pretty sure there is no V4 hair with smart content, it all predates it, but was there ever any that wasn't Poser native?  Some of the Textures appeard on the DAZ side, but I can't find a single hair itself that does, I always accessed them all from the Poser Library.

I think April created some Gen 4 hairs that had full Daz Studio versions of them, but as I recall they all had Poser versions even if there was a DS version. Mostly "Daz Studio" support was just about the different settings for surfaces.

Also, don't forget that some hairs would show up in the runtime folders as "Figures" not "Hairs". I wasn't deep enough into Poser to understand why though. :)

Poser was kind of quirky about that.  It an object had bones it appeared under Figures, if it didn't it appeard under Props.  Frankly the whole thing drove me crazy which is why I ended up using DAZ and started manhandling the file structure on the poser side.  So anyway, you had to look under Hair, Figures, and Props to find all your hair, then you had to look for the textures under Poses or Materials.  Same with props. if a set had articulated props it could be under both props and Figures.  GAAH!

• Hey Jonny, if you are buying V4 hair, be careful it doesn't say "dynamic".  I don't believe there is any way to make that work in DAZ, if there is, I don't know it.  There's at least one of them among the sales items in the current sale.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762

Hey Jonny, if you are buying V4 hair, be careful it doesn't say "dynamic".  I don't believe there is any way to make that work in DAZ, if there is, I don't know it.  There's at least one of them among the sales items in the current sale.

I've never used it, but there's an external utility by Richard Kawecki that converts Poser Dynamic hair to polygons.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/27296/browse/10/Software-and-Tools/Dynamic-hair-converter

Also watch out for a few DYnamic hairs that are for Carrarra only.  I think PhilW was working on a converter at one point, but given the state of Carrarra itself...

• TimotheusTimotheus Posts: 238
    edited June 2019

Really looking forward to using this. As others have said, I have a lot of V4 hair. Anyone have any luck using it yet? I keep getting the "No hair files detected" message, no matter what hair I try to add. This is what it logs....

13:05:15 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time): Adding Files...
    13:05:19 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time): SKIPPING "" file: S:/3d/Runtimes/Hair/Runtime/Libraries/Hair/AlfaseeD/DesirHair/DesirHair.hr2

Bit concerned about the reference to skipping "" file. Can it not read the filename? What formats should the Add Files button allow us to add? I have tried hr2, cr2, duf....

Tim

Post edited by Timotheus on
  • Hiya Riversoft or anyone who can help here ,

I bought the V4 to Gen 8 hair converter the second I saw it and happily set off to convert hairs . I have tried literally tons now and only 2 have managed to successfully convert at all. I am getting folders sometimes with the hair name but nothing in them and other times nothing at all. The script will recognize the hair , then when it goes to convert it says 1 of 0 hair items converted and then nothing . Or it will say it has completed and then nothing shows up. I really wanna love this product any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

• 3anson3anson Posts: 313
    edited June 2019

@JonnyRay.................the hair converters only work on * conforming * hairs. prop hairs and .hr2 hairs are not recognized. ( that is why some hairs are found in the Poser * Figures * folder, they are fully rigged 'Figures'.)

.pp2 and .hr2 are both *Prop* files.

oops!  some .hr2's are recognized, sorry!

Post edited by 3anson on
    edited June 2019

@Timotheus    oops! some .hr2 do actually work *embarassed*

btw, i think there might be a .cr2 version of Desir Hair in the Poser/Figures folder?

Post edited by 3anson on
    3anson said:

@Timotheus    sadly, .hr2 hairs are 'props' and will not be recognized as a Victoria 4 Hair.

btw, i think there might be a .cr2 version of Desir Hair in the Poser/Figures folder?

Ah, thanks for that information. Unfortunately, I'm finding plenty of CR2 hairs that also aren't recognized as hair. And those that can be added to the list (only 3 so far) do not get converted. Log says they are not of type follower/hair.

Tim

okay somebody tell me what hair you are having issues with cause so far I'm having no problems with Cr2's or hr2. but I tend to add files individually but if I have a hair that you can't convert  give me a name and let me try

• EnchantedPixieEnchantedPixie Posts: 472
    edited June 2019

HR2  files are supposed to work with it just FYI.  Sayuri hair is one of them that does not convert , one of many ! Also Kelp Hair , Adhafera , Lotus Hair , Cece Veil Hair , Fox Hair , Alrisha......

Post edited by EnchantedPixie on
    edited June 2019
    carrie58 said:

okay somebody tell me what hair you are having issues with cause so far I'm having no problems with Cr2's or hr2. but I tend to add files individually but if I have a hair that you can't convert  give me a name and let me try

Here's some that I couldn't add to the list....

Ali/Hair/Hr-107_Full.cr2
    Ali/Hair/Hr-153_Full.cr2
    Ali/Hair/Hr-182_Full.cr2
    AK DrakeHuntress/Hair V4
    AK DragonBraid

And here's some I could add but did not get converted....

Aeon Soul/Ony Hair/Ony Hair.cr2
    Aeon Soul/Chrome Hair/Chrome Hair.cr2

Using Daz Studio Pro 4.11.0.383.

Looks like the script is seeing most of these as being Follower/Wardrobe/Unknown. I might try editing the metadata.

Tim

Post edited by Timotheus on

@carrie58  tried 7 hairs by SAV, none recognized ( Goldy, Dynasty , AlphaMoikana etc )