Comments

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,380
    zzspriest said:
    zzspriest said:
    3Ddreamer said:
    zzspriest said:
    zzspriest said:
    carrie58 said:

Do you have show hidden properties checked?

Thanks carrie58 ! That did the trick. At least for 2 out of 3 hair files I have tested. 

It seems like not all morphs are transferred. I also think they shouldn't be in the "hidden" section at all.. My old eyes hate reading grey on grey.

The authorship information is alright.

It's a pity as I am a big fan of the RSSY converters and I was really waiting for this one... sigh...

The script is telling the Transfer Utility to transfer ALL morphs so I am unsure what I can do about this one.

Don't know if it is related but I was using M4 Midnight Hunter the other night and I found I had to turn off limits and really yank up the numbers before seeing any movement in the back flap of the trench coat - or any of the transfered morphs. Maybe the morphs need to be x10 or x100 strength to see the movement that the original has? And maybe the morphs are there but only appear to be not working. (Don't like the Grey on Grey either but nothig you can do about that)

I don't know. sad @zzspriest, which item are you not seeing the morphs?

It is the Christine Hair, a DAZ Original. 

Darn, I don't have that one.  I have wishlisted it to get it when it is on sale and test it.

Did some research. Looks like whether the morphs are converted properly or not depends on where they are placed in the original file.

For example : 

- Laurel hair or Reby hair : Morphs are located under "head" - this converts perfect, the morphs are visible under "head" in the converted file. And work great.

- Christine hair, Melody hair : Morphs are located under "neck". They appear in the converted file as "hidden property".. 

- any hr2 hair : No original morphs are transferred at all. Only the converter morphs are there.

I have not checked my whole library but for the ones I tried followed the above. 

Interesting.  This is definitely not the behavior I am seeing (though I don't have Christine or Melody hair).  For those hairs, if you change the path to under head, does that help?

• zzspriestzzspriest Posts: 10
    zzspriest said:
    zzspriest said:
    3Ddreamer said:
    zzspriest said:
    zzspriest said:
    carrie58 said:

Thanks carrie58 ! That did the trick. At least for 2 out of 3 hair files I have tested. 

It seems like not all morphs are transferred. I also think they shouldn't be in the "hidden" section at all.. My old eyes hate reading grey on grey.

It's a pity as I am a big fan of the RSSY converters and I was really waiting for this one... sigh...

The script is telling the Transfer Utility to transfer ALL morphs so I am unsure what I can do about this one.

Don't know if it is related but I was using M4 Midnight Hunter the other night and I found I had to turn off limits and really yank up the numbers before seeing any movement in the back flap of the trench coat - or any of the transfered morphs. Maybe the morphs need to be x10 or x100 strength to see the movement that the original has? And maybe the morphs are there but only appear to be not working. (Don't like the Grey on Grey either but nothig you can do about that)

Darn, I don't have that one.  I have wishlisted it to get it when it is on sale and test it.

Did some research. Looks like whether the morphs are converted properly or not depends on where they are placed in the original file.

For example : 

- Laurel hair or Reby hair : Morphs are located under "head" - this converts perfect, the morphs are visible under "head" in the converted file. And work great.

- Christine hair, Melody hair : Morphs are located under "neck". They appear in the converted file as "hidden property".. 

- any hr2 hair : No original morphs are transferred at all. Only the converter morphs are there.

I have not checked my whole library but for the ones I tried followed the above. 

Interesting.  This is definitely not the behavior I am seeing (though I don't have Christine or Melody hair).  For those hairs, if you change the path to under head, does that help?

Well... I managed to move the morphs of the original file so they come out in DAZ under "head" instead of the "neck", Converted this one - and it worked ! Morphs are transferred and perfectly visible and they work as they should. I'm not a computer guy and sure these things are way more complicated but I have the feeling that the converter sometimes doesn't know where to show the transferred morphs. The only converter child is "head" and if the original was placed somewhere else (neck) the morphs come out hidden, Or are not transferred at all if it was a hr2 file. I suppose in the end it is just one checked box somewhere in DAZ Studio that will make everything work just fine.

• missuskissesmissuskisses Posts: 918
    edited July 2019
    zzspriest said:
    zzspriest said:
    zzspriest said:
    3Ddreamer said:
    zzspriest said:
    zzspriest said:
    carrie58 said:

For example : 

Well... I managed to move the morphs of the original file so they come out in DAZ under "head" instead of the "neck", Converted this one - and it worked ! Morphs are transferred and perfectly visible and they work as they should. I'm not a computer guy and sure these things are way more complicated but I have the feeling that the converter sometimes doesn't know where to show the transferred morphs. The only converter child is "head" and if the original was placed somewhere else (neck) the morphs come out hidden, Or are not transferred at all if it was a hr2 file. I suppose in the end it is just one checked box somewhere in DAZ Studio that will make everything work just fine.

What do you mean by moving the morphs? In the actual file library, or in edit mode within DAZ? I'd like to give this a try, but not sure what I'd be trying. Thanks!!

Edited to add, I'd appreciate a step-by-step, because I tried the Edit Mode thing, resaved the hair, but then it wouldn't convert the new hair at all, so I'm at a loss for now. Thanks in advance!

Post edited by missuskisses on
    zzspriest said:
    zzspriest said:
    zzspriest said:
    3Ddreamer said:
    zzspriest said:
    zzspriest said:
    carrie58 said:

For example : 

Interesting that it worked.  Could you detail what you did for others?

I edited the cr2 file and simply replaced "actor:neck" with "actor:head". At Christine hair I also had to make the "head" visible as it was set to "hidden". I didn't care about all the rest and sure it is a rough method but it worked on the end...
    zzspriest said:
    I edited the cr2 file and simply replaced "actor:neck" with "actor:head". At Christine hair I also had to make the "head" visible as it was set to "hidden". I didn't care about all the rest and sure it is a rough method but it worked on the end...

Thank you for sharing.  You shouldn't have had to set head to visible as the script does that during conversion (otherwise, conversions have this weird "ring" hair like a tonsure where only the hair below the head would show)

edited July 2019

With the Caleb hair, after backing it up, I edited the hr2 file so that Characters, MoveStyle, and Fitting would all fall under Actor. I opened it up, and made sure all the morphs showed up under Actor. But after converting it, it was gone again. I do have Show Hidden Properties turned on. But for some reason, these morphs just aren't transferring for me. Does anyone else have Caleb Hair or other AprilYSH V4 hairs that they can test out? Thanks so much.

Edited to note that it seems that at least for zzspriest, no hr2 files are getting their morphs transferred either.

With the Caleb hair, after backing it up, I edited the hr2 file so that Characters, MoveStyle, and Fitting would all fall under Actor. I opened it up, and made sure all the morphs showed up under Actor. But after converting it, it was gone again. I do have Show Hidden Properties turned on. But for some reason, these morphs just aren't transferring for me. Does anyone else have Caleb Hair or other AprilYSH V4 hairs that they can test out? Thanks so much.

Edited to note that it seems that at least for zzspriest, no hr2 files are getting their morphs transferred either.

I also tried to edit a hr2 file but couldnt get it to work. I checked the data folder and found that for hr2 no morphs are transferred. Only the converter morphs are there..
    zzspriest said:

I also tried to edit a hr2 file but couldnt get it to work. I checked the data folder and found that for hr2 no morphs are transferred. Only the converter morphs are there..

I do not know why it is not working for you all.  Until I can reproduce it, I can't fix it sad

zzspriest said:

I do not know why it is not working for you all.  Until I can reproduce it, I can't fix it sad

What version of DAZ Studio are you using?

I wish I could duplicate your conditions! I tried across two computers and 4.10, current 4.11, and current 4.11 beta, all to no avail. But it clearly worked on your computer!

zzspriest said:

I wish I could duplicate your conditions! I tried across two computers and 4.10, current 4.11, and current 4.11 beta, all to no avail. But it clearly worked on your computer!

I am using v4.11.0.383.  What is the full log saying when you try to convert a .hr2 file?

zzspriest said:

I am using v4.11.0.383.  What is the full log saying when you try to convert a .hr2 file?

I attached a log in a prior post (the AprilYSH hairs are hr2 files), but you indicated that you didn't see anything too different when compared to your log.

zzspriest said:

I attached a log in a prior post (the AprilYSH hairs are hr2 files), but you indicated that you didn't see anything too different when compared to your log.

Doh... I am thrashing around trying to solve this sad

zzspriest said:

Doh... I am thrashing around trying to solve this sad

Thank you for your efforts!!

• duane_moodyduane_moody Posts: 130

Any news on a M4 → G8M hair converter?

It is happening.  V4->G8F sales were disappointing so we both needed to do other products first.

• N3p3nth3N3p3nth3 Posts: 129

It is happening.  V4->G8F sales were disappointing so we both needed to do other products first.

I hope this'll have better than normal longevity via poser switchers etc. I'm going through the older generations, picking up stuff I need and then grabbing the relevant converters, this one included, when I have a suitable library.

N3p3nth3 said:

I hope this'll have better than normal longevity via poser switchers etc. I'm going through the older generations, picking up stuff I need and then grabbing the relevant converters, this one included, when I have a suitable library.

Hopefully! smiley  Thank you for your support.

edited August 2019

There is an update live in the store.  Here are the list of changes:

• Added morph to move the hair up the head when it loads too low on G8
    • Added option to apply smoothing modifier or not
    • Added Do not add duplicates option
    • Added Directory Limit option (to keep the dialog from loading too many items and crashing DS)
    • Fixed label of converted hair to use the original hair label
    • Fixed conversion to convert props to figure
    • Added convert hair props to figure hints and text to dialog

BTW, @missuskisses and @zzspriest, the converting props to figure item fixes the missing morphs issue on my system.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992
    edited August 2019

Disappointing!???  I just discovered it and it's Instant-In-My-Cart.  I've got SO many hair products for V4, I can't wait to use them again. 

But i have a question about the converters in general - I was just playing around with G3F to G8F converter.  I don't use Smart Content, just the old school Content Library (long story and 3 trashed content libraries). When it finished, it had only put the hair itself in the G8F folder.   The PDF says it will copy all the duf files, except those that aren't hair files, which has me confused.  Technically, material files conflict this statement.  They are duf files but they aren't hair (object) files. Do I need to copy the materials manually if I want them to show up in the Content Library under G8F?

EDIT:  I just tried to convert materials and it said "No new hair files found", so I guess "manually" is the answer.

Post edited by sandmanmax on
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,953

@sandman_max yup just copy manually the material files and stick them into the hair folder ,the exception will be V4-G8 cause the V4 hair materials are for the most part Poser format, so will have to be resaved as a duf file

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992

Ooh!  Thanks for the heads-up on the V4 MAT files.  I would have stuck them in the Poser folders and never thought about saving them as dufs. That will be a big help!  Maybe even Iray them up front while I'm at it.

yeah it makes them so much easier to find when they are right there with the hair , I use 3DL ,but I also tend to use hair shaders alot

Disappointing!???  I just discovered it and it's Instant-In-My-Cart.  I've got SO many hair products for V4, I can't wait to use them again. 

But i have a question about the converters in general - I was just playing around with G3F to G8F converter.  I don't use Smart Content, just the old school Content Library (long story and 3 trashed content libraries). When it finished, it had only put the hair itself in the G8F folder.   The PDF says it will copy all the duf files, except those that aren't hair files, which has me confused.  Technically, material files conflict this statement.  They are duf files but they aren't hair (object) files. Do I need to copy the materials manually if I want them to show up in the Content Library under G8F?

EDIT:  I just tried to convert materials and it said "No new hair files found", so I guess "manually" is the answer.

Yes, if you are not using Smart Content and want the materials nearby, you will have to copy them.

carrie58 said:

@sandman_max yup just copy manually the material files and stick them into the hair folder ,the exception will be V4-G8 cause the V4 hair materials are for the most part Poser format, so will have to be resaved as a duf file

Thank you again @carrie58smiley

@RiverSoftArt Glad to help when I can

edited August 2019

• Added Directory Limit option (to keep the dialog from loading too many items and crashing DS)

BTW, @missuskisses and @zzspriest, the converting props to figure item fixes the missing morphs issue on my system.

OMG thank you thank you thank you! And really looking forward to the M4 version.

Edited to add: This is why you can't go wrong buying Riversoft products. I always know that if there are any issues, they will be addressed!

OMG thank you thank you thank you! And really looking forward to the M4 version.

Edited to add: This is why you can't go wrong buying Riversoft products. I always know that if there are any issues, they will be addressed!

You're welcome!  Please let me know if the issue is fixed on your system as well.

• There is an update live in the store.  Here are the list of changes:

You're welcome!  Please let me know if the issue is fixed on your system as well.

So far, so good--looks like the issue is fixed for me! What is the morph name for the:

And/or where can I find this morph?

Thank you again!

So far, so good--looks like the issue is fixed for me! What is the morph name for the:

And/or where can I find this morph?

Thank you again!

Great!  I am glad it seems to be fixed.

The morph name is Head Size Correction

• RandomRandom Posts: 173

Thanks so much for this converter. I even had sucess with my very favorite V3 hairs by Aprilysh!