What the hell is Gordig doing now?

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,196

Re-modeled some parts of it, and (I think) worked out all the kinks with my previous attempts to package it, so try this: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvdvtDX-RX21g9RODOpiY-IYJZKHDw?e=kLFTb1

edited June 2020

I've been a bit busy. Some of the buttons are backlit, and the light turns on and off automatically depending on the switch's position. That took a while to figure out how to do.

switcher2s.PNG
    845 x 867 - 161K
    Post edited by Gordig on

I've been so deep in content creation I haven't done any renders for a while. Here's something new while I have a few others cooking:

Orclops

Some more experimenting with Chthonian Cyclops

Pooka Season

Posting this even though it will probably get deleted. This was a request from someone on Deviantart.

Jungle Peril

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893

Oh deer, LOL! He's in trouble, isn't he? laugh I would think this one should be fine, since you only see the side of his buttock. He could be wearing a thong even, and you wouldn't be able to tell from that angle. It's a really well-staged scene!

It's a really well-staged scene!

Thank you! After I posted it to DA and messaged the requestor about it, he asked if I could give the guy a shorter loincloth because that one looks more like a skirt. I haven't responded yet, but if I do, I'm just going to say "this is what you get for free".

Finally took a break from content creation to render out a funny idea I had.

Recessive

This was a bit of an odd render for me, because it includes three generations of Genesis: 2 for the minotaur (I didn't have suitable materials for the Character Converter-ed version, and don't have the Legacy UV product); 3 for the girl up front (my XTransferred version of Nyarai got corrupted), and 8 for momtaur. I re-XTransferred Nyarai and am working on another render with a new member to the family.

That's totally my kind of family! I'm curious to see the new member. And working with older models sometimes is fun, IMHO.

Dominant

It's a boy!

ZOMG LOL! laughlaugh

edited August 2020
    Gordig said:

Suddenly his froggy tongue shoots out and smacks her on the lips. laugh

Just kidding, I like it a lot!

Post edited by WinterMoon on
    Gordig said:

Suddenly his froggy tongue shoots out and smacks her on the lips. laugh

Just kidding, I like it a lot!

Given how many times I've released alternate versions of renders, I wouldn't rule that out.

edited August 2020

On a whim, I loaded G8F into a scene, and dialed EVERY toon morph I had up to 100%. This is the result of that:

It shrank down to almost nothing, even going through the floor because the combined morphs threw the scale below 0. This is technically a nude render, but anything that would need to be covered up is inside whatever those big red structures are (inverted eye sockets?).

everytoon.png
    500 x 500 - 214K
    Post edited by Gordig on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,784

surprise

edited August 2020

Quick Iray render while I'm waiting for C4D to import the model, so I can create her hair-loopy-thingies, use X-Particles to model some bent water, and experiment with rendering in Cycles.

Katarabend.png
    450 x 800 - 453K
    Post edited by Gordig on
    edited August 2020

I can't figure out how to get the milk out of her eyes in C4D. I plugged the maps into the alpha slot for her eye moisture, cornea and sclera, so they show correctly in the viewport, but not in renders (and ditto for the eyelashes). There's also some poke-through on her shoulders from importing the FBX, but I'll try again using the bridge. I have a lot to learn about the way C4D renders, especially with Cycles, but here is a thing for now. 

Katara bend.png
    1600 x 1600 - 2M
    Post edited by Gordig on
    edited August 2020

And back to Daz Iray for good measure. No effort was made to replicate the camera angle or HDRI rotation.

Katarabendaz.png
    600 x 800 - 648K
    Post edited by Gordig on
    edited August 2020

Definitely getting the hang of Cycles, even though there are definitely some details that need improving. This time, the water was made with X-Particles instead of being modeled, and I deliberately made the texture look more like cartoon water than the real thing.

Katara bend.png
    1200 x 1600 - 2M
    Post edited by Gordig on

Digging a little deeper into C4D's hair tools. I can't figure out why the hair isn't colliding with the other object the way it should be. 

Gordig said:

Definitely getting the hang of Cycles, even though there are definitely some details that need improving. This time, the water was made with X-Particles instead of being modeled, and I deliberately made the texture look more like cartoon water than the real thing.

This one looks like almost like water vapours, like she's summoning the water particles and they're becoming denser and about to get liquid. She looks cool!

Hmm, not quite what I'm going for. Thanks for the comment, though. Are you familiar with Avatar: The Last Airbender? If not, drop whatever you're doing and watch the whole series right now, because it's excellent. 

So, there are some complexities to transferring things from DS to other 3D apps, as anyone who's tried to do it knows. I've been messing with StoneMason's Temple Pool, and if I exported it as FBX or used the DS to C4D bridge, the materials copied over, but everything was scattered all over the place. If I exported it as OBJ, the positions were correct, but all the materials were borked. I ended up just retexturing the OBJ, so here it is using the standard C4D render engine (my Surface started swearing at me every time I tried to use the physical render engine).

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,784

Your entire paragraph is gibberish to me but that image looks pretty sweet! laugh

edited August 2020

I've been trying to import a de-instanced UltraScenery set into C4D for the last five hours on my main computer, so in the meantime, here's a physical render of Deepsea's Modular Field Creator that didn't make my Surface Skynet out on me.

MFC 1.png
    1280 x 720 - 2M
    Post edited by Gordig on
    edited August 2020

Experimenting with modeling an igloo.

Iglootest.png
    1280 x 720 - 788K
    Post edited by Gordig on