What the hell is Gordig doing now?

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,203
    edited August 2020

I should probably be a bit more aggressive with sloping it inwards, as now it's way taller than it needs to be. The figure is 1.8 meters tall, making the igloo as it currently is rather palacial.

Iglootest2.png
    1280 x 720 - 1M
    Post edited by Gordig on
    edited August 2020

Getting war.....closer.

iglootest3.png
    1280 x 720 - 963K
    Post edited by Gordig on
    edited August 2020

Wasn't really satisfied with the progress I was making, so I looked up how real igloos were made, and that completely changed my approach. Still not there yet, but getting closer.

iglootest4.png
    1280 x 720 - 612K
    Post edited by Gordig on
    edited August 2020

Sure.

iglootest5.png
    1280 x 720 - 763K
    Post edited by Gordig on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

edited August 2020

Decided to cheat on the doorway and just use a tube, rather than trying to brick it out, which was turning out to be much harder than I was expecting. The doorway itself is much bigger than I wanted, because I deleted too many of the blocks from the igloo structure. Good thing I've become pretty smart about saving my intermediate steps, so it wouldn't be too much of a challenge to get back to this point.

iglootest6.png
    1280 x 720 - 672K
    Post edited by Gordig on

Playing around with @TheMysteryIsThePoint's Alembic Exporter.

Experimenting with using Moves by Maxon to create motion capture data from my own face.

So I do still render things every now and then.

Rocket Punch

One of the things keeping me from rendering lately is that I've been working on a commission for a fellow forumgoer. Here we see that product in action: the cat-themed bazooka and rocket glove being deployed against the enemy soldier. 

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653

Amazing work @Gordig!!

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,786
    Gordig said:

One of the things keeping me from rendering lately is that I've been working on a commission for a fellow forumgoer. Here we see that product in action: the cat-themed bazooka and rocket glove being deployed against the enemy soldier. 

Love the soldier's face and pose! The bazooka also looks pretty sweet, from what we can see here.

I do think the cloud looks awkward though and is probably something that is best added in post. And the soldier's suit is a skosh too detailed/realistic compared to everything else in the scene.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    Gordig said:

On a whim, I loaded G8F into a scene, and dialed EVERY toon morph I had up to 100%. This is the result of that:

It shrank down to almost nothing, even going through the floor because the combined morphs threw the scale below 0. This is technically a nude render, but anything that would need to be covered up is inside whatever those big red structures are (inverted eye sockets?).

Hahahaha...priceless!!

Hylas said:
    Gordig said:

Love the soldier's face and pose! The bazooka also looks pretty sweet, from what we can see here.

I do think the cloud looks awkward though and is probably something that is best added in post.

I modeled the cloud, and have been playing around with SSS to get a volumetric effect in Iray. You're probably right on the whole, but I really want to figure out how to do better volumetrics in Iray (even though they're trivially easy in other renderers).

Hylas said:

And the soldier's suit is a skosh too detailed/realistic compared to everything else in the scene.

Haha, that's a real bugbear for you, isn't it?

Gordig said:

Hylas said:

And the soldier's suit is a skosh too detailed/realistic compared to everything else in the scene.

Haha, that's a real bugbear for you, isn't it?

LOL, I guess I did point out this kind of thing a few times now. I didn't even realise it! laugh

Shoot and Make Up

"Damn it, Bart, this is exactly why I always tell you not to get into a shootout with a woman!"

Don't Touch!

Seriously, people, stop doing this.

Dai Kojo

It took me a long time to successfully render this scene, because there's so much in it that it was crashing DS (and occasionally screwing up my GPU). I picked up Scene Optimizer and Camera View Optimizer in recent sales, so I deployed them both on this scene, and was even able to get it all onto my 8GB card.

Highwaymanning the Highwayman

Well, those were all the scenes I had in mind to render for the time being, so I'll probably disappear from this thread for a while as I get back into the other projects I've been working on.

I May Have Overslept

"I hope I haven't kept the apothecary waiting too long."

edited September 2020

Followers of my thread can probably guess where I'm going with this.

lemur.png
    960 x 720 - 105K
    Post edited by Gordig on

What if Pikachu, but nightmare?

Sir, how dare you.

edited September 2020

Nearly done with the rough sculpting. Need to redo the muzzle, and I want to give him actual armpits before I move into sculpting the finer details, but that's probably not really necessary.

lemur 2.png
    960 x 720 - 106K
    Post edited by Gordig on
    edited September 2020

Getting a better handle on how to use C4D's cloth tools effectively.

zukopants.png
    800 x 1200 - 348K
    Post edited by Gordig on

Sleeves are puffier than I want them, but that should be a relatively easy fix.

To be honest, I'm surprised that the method I attempted even worked this well.

edited September 2020

Not what I was trying to make, but I can't complain.

Frillyshirt.png
    800 x 1200 - 339K
    Post edited by Gordig on
    edited September 2020

Collar's a little  janky, but I've mostly figured out how to make the puffy sleeves I want. The collar will be covered up anyway, so I'm not too fussed about it.

edit: whoops, forgot to reapply subD before I rendered.

Zuklothes 2.png
    800 x 1200 - 281K
    Post edited by Gordig on
    edited September 2020

Getting this outfit where I need it to be. Why oh why did I choose to focus on the two characters with the most complicated hair first?

Clothtara.png
    800 x 1200 - 292K
    Post edited by Gordig on
    edited September 2020

Not too much more work left to do on this one.

Zuklothes 3.png
    800 x 1200 - 275K
    Post edited by Gordig on