My phone will not charge complaint thread

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

...when  get a little more cash, I am thinking of putting a 320 GB SSD in one of my my old notebooks.  Love to do it in the old Toshiba as that little system has been a workhorse. However I would also need to replace the keyboard so I don't have to lug around the wireless one and see if I can't find a 32 bit version of W7 Home edition as it is still running Xp. 

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

twitching in m chair listening to this  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w6IAXW3qe8

or would the kids call it twerking

...mmmm, acoustic jazz. 

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,173

Non-complaint: I just got a boatload of things in the Platinum + Anniversary sale, some things that were in my wishlist.  If you haven't checked it out yet, there are a lot of nice things in the $1.99 and $2.99 PC for a day categories.  Including Terradome 3 Iray.

Dana

...yeah I've been making out like a bandit with that particular part of the sale.  Love it when I can get 90$ - 120$ for worth of content for around 6$ - 10$

kyoto kid said:

...mmmm, acoustic jazz. 

The guitarist seemed to have lip-synch disease in his fingers.  And those girls were kind of far away from those mics for such a smooth sounding harmony.  Cool tune, but I suspect it wasn't performed live.

Dana

edited October 2019

...given the programme you probably are correct. Still a great tune. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on

...well learned something new today. Don't use IBL Master with the Fast Production Lights as it substitutes its own parameters, ground plane, and IBL lights.  The only trouble is without the IBL sphere to see how the dome is positioned, it requires doing test renders and making adjustments to get it lined up the way you want it.  There should have been an indicator included to make the process easier rather than just having to guess where the primary light source is pointed.

urghhh  eye floaters showing up inside my renders.  hows it happen?

Layla elf in carrara smiley  the no eyebrows or eyelashed kinda work for her  lol

layla 3.jpg
    784 x 873 - 40K

its 7am??

did an all nighter

1 more render til the before the sun comes up

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,904
    McGyver said:

(I read the parenthetical part as you were a "cleaner".)

Wetworks... I always suspected it too. Chohole tied up those loose ends when operations didn't go as planed. 

She washed the floors with them, when they broke the rules. This was the work-experience that made her perfect for a job as a moderator. wink

• TigerAnne said:
    McGyver said:

(I read the parenthetical part as you were a "cleaner".)

Wetworks... I always suspected it too. Chohole tied up those loose ends when operations didn't go as planed. 

She washed the floors with them, when they broke the rules. This was the work-experience that made her perfect for a job as a moderator. wink

I suspect the club should have been returned to store when she retired.

• complaint: the lack of anything tasty for breakfast.

• complaint or noncomplaint: the passage of time is out of control. i thought it was 11am but it is almost 4pm. if only i was making money.

for someone who didn't like pregnancy, she kept busy, 9 children?

there was a country called Prussia.  is it still around?  never hear about it.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited October 2019
    Mystarra said:

There used to be a Duchy called Prussia which the became a german State called Prussia and then became a republis and not a kingdom at the end of WW1.  A certain person, name of Hitler, then brought it back into the big german land grab, and then with the defeat of the Nazi regine Prussia disappeared altogether,

Post edited by Chohole on
    Chohole said:
    Mystarra said:

There used to be a Duchy called Prussia which the became a german State called Prussia and then became a republis and not a kingdom at the end of WW1.  A certain person, name of Hitler, then brought it back into the big german land grab, and then with the defeat of the Nazi regine Prussia disappeared altogether,

the daleks got em

...Prussia was a  state of the old German empire that at its height in the 16th century stretched from the French, Belgian and Netherlands borders across the northern parts of what is today's Germany, and Poland along with  southern Denmark, to what is western Lithuania.

The state lasted until 1947.

Up until 1701 it's capital was Königsberg (which is now under Russian control) after which it was moved to Berlin.

• Chohole said:
    Mystarra said:

Although its capital, Berlin, is still around as a sleepy rural backwater (or something)

staring at a pan of freshly chopped potatoes, willing it to turn into cream of potato soup.

my spice draw has 3 things of cinnamon, bag of cinnamon sticks, fresh unground allspice
    and absolutely not grain of ginger.  best i could do is drop a ginger snap into the soup

how come fresh bundle of carrots look nothing like the carrots what come in a bag

ever try bread crumbing sliced sweet potato?
    the tempura battered sp is yummi, how bad could it be with panko crumbs?

...I miss having potatoes since my air fryer stopped working.  It is too much of a hassle and mess to heat up the regular oven, use more oil than I want (or can stomach) to make roasted potatoes, or relive the experience I had making french fries in the skillet. Somehow mashed or baked potatoes just don't sound right to have with a grilled cheesy sanny, burger, or my cajun prepared fish.  

iz chilly here

need hot soupeh smiley poh taytoh mash em in a stew, even smeegol couldnt, ... well he did lol

sam: catch it
    frodo: whats this
    sam:spices, in case of roast chicken
    frodo: roast chickensurprise??

...Not sure what is going on but the DIM keeps giving me Download Failed errors on just about anything I try to download.

kyoto kid said:

...Not sure what is going on but the DIM keeps giving me Download Failed errors on just about anything I try to download.

Is the destination out of space?  Other option is the server is not working well.

Dana

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited October 2019

...whatever...

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
    DanaTA said:
    kyoto kid said:

Is the destination out of space?  Other option is the server is not working well.

Dana

....it is the first. Apparently the update deleted all my preferences, including where I have the download files sent so ithas been defaulting back to the C:/Users/Public/Documents/DAZ 3D/InstallManager/Downloads folder on the the smaller C: drive again instead of D: where I moved the original the download folder to. Now having to wait (about 35 minutes) while over 1,100 fildes (about 72GB) are being transferred to where they are supposed to go, after which I then have to figure out how to change the path on the new somewhat now confusing settings interface in the DIM.

Never had an update for any software delete my settings and preferences. All the more I'm just going to stick with the Beta of Daz 4.12 after this.

edited October 2019

...OK think I found what needed to be changing however, not only is the ready to download tab empty (which I expected), but the items I downloaded do not show up back in the Ready to Download tab. Furthermore, the sort order selection no longer works in the Installed tab as no matter what option I select, everything remains in the "A - Z" order. 

So I now have about ten products in limbo which show up in the folder in D yet which I am unable to install.  Restarting the DIM does not fix this either. Not about to install these by hand as some are older content and not sure if it has to go into the main Daz library por the Poser runtime considering all the file updates that have been done over the years.

ETA

Well got the installed tab order selection fixed and found some of the missing downloads there (though not actually installed when I checked the Daz programme) however it doesn't show any data for anything that already has been previously installed at all so determining which files need to be installed and which ones are have already installed is still a bit of a pain.  Not going to uninstall and reinstall over 3,500 files just to figure this out.  This is so bloody broken.

ETA2 

About to tear what is left of my hair out after all this still getting multiple "download failed" errors. What is worse is the process monitor keeps running ad nauseum, indicating the DIM is "currently busy" even though I haven't instructed it to do anything.

Ever since I had that bout of weirdness where it wouldn't let me sign in because an update put the .ini file in the wrong location I've been dealing with this kind of rubbish.

ETA 3

Well after about three and a half hours wrestling with this rubbish I finally think I got things to work properly.  Again a part of this has to do with changes to the Install settings interface which was changed with the previous update.  Seems what is called manifest backup is not where the actual files go but just data for the programme. Instead I had to go to the install tab to find where to route downloads to.  Very confusing and all of this frustration would never have occurred had the sign on routine not been broken after an update placed .the account ini and manifest JSON files in the wrong locations which caused subsequent updates that occurred afterwards to delete my preferences and settings each time.

Crikey I gave up debugging software decades ago.

Hoping there isn't another DIM update for a while.

Post edited by kyoto kid on

...whatever...

Bourgeoisie

laissez-faire  smiley

kyoto kid said:

...OK think I found what needed to be changing however, not only is the ready to download tab empty (which I expected), but the items I downloaded do not show up back in the Ready to Download tab. Furthermore, the sort order selection no longer works in the Installed tab as no matter what option I select, everything remains in the "A - Z" order. 

So I now have about ten products in limbo which show up in the folder in D yet which I am unable to install.  Restarting the DIM does not fix this either. Not about to install these by hand as some are older content and not sure if it has to go into the main Daz library por the Poser runtime considering all the file updates that have been done over the years.

ETA

Well got the installed tab order selection fixed and found some of the missing downloads there (though not actually installed when I checked the Daz programme) however it doesn't show any data for anything that already has been previously installed at all so determining which files need to be installed and which ones are have already installed is still a bit of a pain.  Not going to uninstall and reinstall over 3,500 files just to figure this out.  This is so bloody broken.

ETA2 

About to tear what is left of my hair out after all this still getting multiple "download failed" errors. What is worse is the process monitor keeps running ad nauseum, indicating the DIM is "currently busy" even though I haven't instructed it to do anything.

Ever since I had that bout of weirdness where it wouldn't let me sign in because an update put the .ini file in the wrong location I've been dealing with this kind of rubbish.

ETA 3

Well after about three and a half hours wrestling with this rubbish I finally think I got things to work properly.  Again a part of this has to do with changes to the Install settings interface which was changed with the previous update.  Seems what is called manifest backup is not where the actual files go but just data for the programme. Instead I had to go to the install tab to find where to route downloads to.  Very confusing and all of this frustration would never have occurred had the sign on routine not been broken after an update placed .the account ini and manifest JSON files in the wrong locations which caused subsequent updates that occurred afterwards to delete my preferences and settings each time.

Crikey I gave up debugging software decades ago.

Hoping there isn't another DIM update for a while.

DIM

dimension of sight and sound and mind, a dimension as vast as space and timeless as infinity.

is this for real?

Hubble Space Telescope snaps smiley-shaped cluster of galaxies

is so creepy lookin

This discussion has been closed.