My phone will not charge complaint thread

Comments

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670

I wish i could take a taxi to the doctor's office.  Now I need to wait until 4 PM.  Dad is too busy.

• maybe i'm falling out of daz. i've barely complained all week. today i'm working on finishing a story that has been sitting for months. maybe i should take a break and render something.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    McGyver said:
    DanaTA said:
    McGyver said:

My local supermarket is so bad at being a supermarket... There used to be a terrible supermarket nearby that went out of business recently, and once they did, the supermarket that I shop at, which wasn't so bad at the time, decided to take up the mantle of terriblest supermarket... they are constantly out of stuff (it's like a friggin' Glasnost Soviet grocery store half the time), they stopped carrying half the good stuff they used to and their fruits and vegetables are like the suckiest... and then there is stuff like this...

I'll let you figure out what's wrong there...

Looks like that freezer has gone through at least one or more thaw-freeze cycles...hopefully that is new stock!

I'm assuming the dogs get the frosty paws out by eating the container and pooping out the cardboard... just a guess though... also I'm assuming that "original flavor" is something like Primordial Soup... that's a really original flavor, some say it's the originalest flavor... yeech... the way I just said that... I sounded like... never mind.

McGyver said:
    Redfern said:
    McGyver said:

... and then there is stuff like this...

I'll let you figure out what's wrong there...

Uh, possibly that some frozen dog treats have been placed with frozen dairy intended for humans?

To be honest, I've never encountered frozen pet treats, so I'm not sure what IS the proper shelving protocol.  I mean, is there enough variety to dedicate separate storage space?  They may have had little choice.

Sincerely,

Bill

Actually, there is a small freezer in the pet section, which contains multiple brands of frozen pet foods and some snacks... but maybe it's just for those brands... or maybe you can't mix food, snacks and "treats"... or maybe they figure if the dog is out shopping for ice cream for their family and they'll be more likely to expect to find frozen treats with ice cream... ?  
    The store used to have several brands of dog ice cream (frozen treats, not like "vanilla- almond dachshund delight" or "pistachio poodle parfait"), and they were located at the end of the freezer with a divider kinda separating them... I didn't check, but maybe it's down to one brand and flavor now... still... it's weird the way it's smack dab in the middle of the ice cream pops.   If I were actually looking for it, I don't think I'd expect to find it there.

I'm pondering  why no frozen cat treats?   My cat loved strawberry ice cream.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

maybe i'm falling out of daz. i've barely complained all week. today i'm working on finishing a story that has been sitting for months. maybe i should take a break and render something.

is it the project beyond the deadline?

• Mystarra said:

maybe i'm falling out of daz. i've barely complained all week. today i'm working on finishing a story that has been sitting for months. maybe i should take a break and render something.

is it the project beyond the deadline?

Not really. It is something I'll end up posting to a reading site... I apparently it is 21 pages long. I'm trying to cut some extraneous and fix my grammar. 

Just Call Me Tech Girl: I'm doing render on my 11-year-old computer without having installed any assets on it. I'm using the assets on another computer. It is super slow but at least I know I can do it so I don't have to continuously install everything everywhere.

the thing i have to watch for in my editing is tense changes.  past tense, present tense.

• While camping, somebody barfing in your tent is when you need a tense change!indecision

• McGyver said:
    Redfern said:
    McGyver said:

I'm pondering  why no frozen cat treats?   ...

Most people don't consider frozen cats a treat.indecision

• chaynawolfsmoonchaynawolfsmoon Posts: 675
    edited October 2019
    Mystarra said:

the thing i have to watch for in my editing is tense changes.  past tense, present tense.

That's why I like to have an editor: to catch that. I also tend to leave out certain words.

While camping, somebody barfing in your tent is when you need a tense change!indecision

Or when someone pees in the tent.

Complaint: I keep running into the Iray black eye thing. Very annoying. Especially as my scenes beceome more complex and standing at 0,0,0 is problematic.

Post edited by chaynawolfsmoon on
  • WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,904

Complaint: I keep running into the Iray black eye thing. Very annoying. Especially as my scenes beceome more complex and standing at 0,0,0 is problematic.

Have you tried the trick with setting instancing optimisation to "speed" instead of "memory?" It sounds kind of counter-productive, but it usually works. 

McGyver said:
    Redfern said:
    McGyver said:

I'm pondering  why no frozen cat treats?   ...

Most people don't consider frozen cats a treat.indecision

...this fellow does:

[sport]

Well Wisconsin's season is over as after that terrible upset last week to illinois, they were routed by Ohio State, 38 - 7 for their second loss in a row after shutting out four opponents and manhandling Michigan.  They will be hard pressed to take their division even if they win out the season as they are now 3 - 2 while rival divisional rival Minnesota is 4 - 0.  Until last week. they looked like they could and would win it all.  Looks like a meaningless corporate named bowl again this year.

Tired of being an "also ran."

At least the Packers finally seem to have gotten their game rolling. 

[/sport]

• TigerAnne said:

Have you tried the trick with setting instancing optimisation to "speed" instead of "memory?" It sounds kind of counter-productive, but it usually works. 

I've not seen that workaround. I'll give it a try. Thank you.

kyoto kid said:

[sport]

Well Wisconsin's season is over as after that terrible upset last week to illinois, they were routed by Ohio State, 38 - 7 for their second loss in a row after shutting out four opponents and manhandling Michigan.  They will be hard pressed to take their division even if they win out the season as they are now 3 - 2 while rival divisional rival Minnesota is 4 - 0.  Until last week. they looked like they could and would win it all.  Looks like a meaningless corporate named bowl again this year.

Tired of being an "also ran."

At least the Packers finally seem to have gotten their game rolling. 

[/sport]

I have to hope Ohio State continues to do well because my local pro-football team has become a joke again. Very depressing.

[sport]

...yeah, there has been little joy in "Cheeseville" for a while either. Brewers choked in the last series of the season against Colorado (who was going nowhere) while Chicago took two games out of three from St Louis leaving the door open for Milwaukee to take NL Central had the Brewers kept up the torrid pace they had all September.  For the last couple seasons, the Packers have been abysmal in spite of having one of the best players in the league in Rodgers.  The Badgers who had the best defence and running game last year were terrible, and apparently are taking a nosedive this season to fall into mediocrity.  

Not a lot to cheer about here either unless the Packers continue playing like they have.  However with a porous front line, no veteran deep threat targets for Rodgers to throw to (management let two walk in previous seasons), no pass rush, and a defence as soft as warm Wisconsin butter, every game is a reason to have a bottle of nitroglycerin pills on the desk.

[/sport]

was sucked into a vortex of these how was it in medieval times

all the mud slinging ads gearing up for voting day.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,441
    edited October 2019

Complaintous Non-complaint:  Wheee... I've finally designed and scheduled my new backup plan for important stuff onto my new 4TB hard drive on my OLD computer.  It started last night at 6:00 PM and finished just now at 8:00 PM.  26 hours!  But now that a complete "full" file set has been written, the subsequent "partials" shouldn't take nearly as long.  The new hard drive is USB3.1 with a proper cable and serviced by a new USB3.1 interface card in my desktop.  My computer's memory is DDR3 the CPU is 3.1GHz, the internal system hard drive and the internal DAZ files drive are connected via SATA Why, does it take so long?  Is it compressing data?  Is it the overhead of dealing with gazillions of tiny DAZ files?   Is there a better backup application other than standard Win7 backup?

During the backup process I used the computer for nothing else.   I just let it work on backup.  But I watched it and observed that it seemed to gather a buffer full of file data then write the buffer to the target drive, then fill the buffer again and write again.  It didn't look like it was doing much overlapping at all.

I was surprised by this inefficiency because normally for the last several years, when I backed up my DAZ drive I would simply copy the hard drive, files from one disk to another with a standard copy/paste operation.  It didn't take nearly that long.  In fact I copied nearly the entire DAZ disk across my LAN to my new computer in only a few hours.  Is the Microsoft normal Windows backup utility really that bad?

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    edited October 2019

Speaking of soap,   I just watched a YouTube video about the recent discovery of why clothes get clean in a washing machine.  Hint:  It's not the soap! surprise  The soap lifts the dirt from the surface of the fabric fabrics and between the fibers, but the stain molecules within the fibers aren't touched by the soap. 

It's the rinsing with fresh water after the fabric fibers have been permiated with water that gets rid of the stains.  It's not the soapy water, directly.  The soap molecules themselves are too big to get into the pores of the actual fibers.  The soap molecules have however, established an electrical charge in the water and when the rinsewater hits, the charge difference causes a directed flow of water out of the fibers carrying smaller molecules of stain out with them.  Cool! yes  Well, that's what I remember of the article upon one viewing.  Watch it for yourselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbv4UDRs9z4

• Speaking of soap,   I just watched a YouTube video about the recent discovery of why clothes get clean in a washing machine.  Hint:  It's not the soap! surprise  The soap lifts the dirt from the surface of the fabric fabrics and between the fibers, but the stain molecules within the fibers aren't touched by the soap. 

It's the rinsing with fresh water after the fabric fibers have been permiated with water that gets rid of the stains.  It's not the soapy water, directly.  The soap molecules themselves are too big to get into the pores of the actual fibers.  The soap molecules have however, established an electrical charge in the water and when the rinsewater hits, the charge difference causes a directed flow of water out of the fibers carrying smaller molecules of stain out with them.  Cool! yes  Well, that's what I remember of the article upon one viewing.  Watch it for yourselves.

It sounds like witchcraft to me!

..Science!

soap on a rope   lol

...rope-a-dope?

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,173

Complaintous Non-complaint:  Wheee... I've finally designed and scheduled my new backup plan for important stuff onto my new 4TB hard drive on my OLD computer.  It started last night at 6:00 PM and finished just now at 8:00 PM.  26 hours!  But now that a complete "full" file set has been written, the subsequent "partials" shouldn't take nearly as long.  The new hard drive is USB3.1 with a proper cable and serviced by a new USB3.1 interface card in my desktop.  My computer's memory is DDR3 the CPU is 3.1GHz, the internal system hard drive and the internal DAZ files drive are connected via SATA Why, does it take so long?  Is it compressing data?  Is it the overhead of dealing with gazillions of tiny DAZ files?   Is there a better backup application other than standard Win7 backup?

During the backup process I used the computer for nothing else.   I just let it work on backup.  But I watched it and observed that it seemed to gather a buffer full of file data then write the buffer to the target drive, then fill the buffer again and write again.  It didn't look like it was doing much overlapping at all.

I was surprised by this inefficiency because normally for the last several years, when I backed up my DAZ drive I would simply copy the hard drive, files from one disk to another with a standard copy/paste operation.  It didn't take nearly that long.  In fact I copied nearly the entire DAZ disk across my LAN to my new computer in only a few hours.  Is the Microsoft normal Windows backup utility really that bad?

The backup utility may be doing verification checks agaist the backup data, to ensure it's correct, as it goes.  Normal copy and paste might not do such redundant checks.

Just guessing.

Dana

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited October 2019

Speaking of soap,   I just watched a YouTube video about the recent discovery of why clothes get clean in a washing machine.  Hint:  It's not the soap! surprise  The soap lifts the dirt from the surface of the fabric fabrics and between the fibers, but the stain molecules within the fibers aren't touched by the soap. 

Those electrical charges can be anionic, cationic, non-ionic or even amphoteric      This is a really good explanation    https://www.ipcol.com/blog/an-easy-guide-to-understanding-surfactants/

(Chohole used to be a contract cleaning manager before she retired)

Post edited by Chohole on
  • kyoto kid said:

..Science!

She blinded me with...

Chohole said:

Those electrical charges can be anionic, cationic, non-ionic or even amphoteric      This is a really good explanation    https://www.ipcol.com/blog/an-easy-guide-to-understanding-surfactants/

It sounds like some sort of incantation to me!

(I read the parenthetical part as you were a "cleaner".)

• Chohole said:

That's good to know.  One should always have one's contracts cleaned before signing.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    edited October 2019
    kyoto kid said:

She blinded me with... (I read the parenthetical part as you were a "cleaner".)

Wetworks... I always suspected it too. Chohole tied up those loose ends when operations didn't go as planed. 

Post edited by McGyver on
    edited October 2019

Non-complaint:  Wheee... another gush about how much of a joy it is to use my laptop now that I've replaced the hard drive with an SSD.smiley  New life for old machines.enlightened 

I'm considering it for another old desktop dragged kicking and screaming into the Windows10 era a year ago yet still saddled with a hard drive, and behaves like it's a dog pulling a refrigerator through mud.sad  Although since it is only a single core CPU machine and gets very light use on loan to a local small airport my brother works at, I won't spring for a 1TB SSD, but will probably settle for a 250 or possibly a 500GB SSD just to see how things go.  Price of those smaller SSDs are not as dear as a 1TB one.indecision  If things don't go well, it might be time to put the dog down.devil  Giving me another computer case and an opportunity to replace a motherboard & CPU & memory to make a somewhat more modern machine, although not as powerful as the wonderful desktop I made for myself that I am also enjoying the heck out of.yes (notice the preposition at the end of the sentence cheeky)

Non-complaint:  Wheee... another gush about how much of a joy it is to use my laptop now that I've replaced the hard drive with an SSD.smiley  New life for old machines.enlightened 

I'm considering it for another old desktop dragged kicking and screaming into the Windows10 era a year ago yet still saddled with a hard drive, and behaves like it's a dog pulling a refrigerator through mud.sad  Although since it is only a single core CPU machine and gets very light use on loan to a local small airport my brother works at, I won't spring for a 1TB SSD, but will probably settle for a 250 or possibly a 500GB SSD just to see how things go.  Price of those smaller SSDs are not as dear as a 1TB one.indecision  If things don't go well, it might be time to put the dog down.devil  Giving me another computer case and an opportunity to replace a motherboard & CPU & memory to make a somewhat more modern machine, although not as powerful as the wonderful desktop I made for myself that I am also enjoying the heck out of.yes (notice the preposition at the end of the sentence cheeky)

...yeah I understand the feeling.  When I took my old system I built 7 years ago.  upgraded the memory to 24 GB, swapped the HDD for the boot drive with an SSD, upgraded to W7 Pro, Installed a 6 core Xeon, and a Titan-X GPU it was like a having totally new system 

kyoto kid said:

...yeah I understand the feeling.  When I took my old system I built 7 years ago.  upgraded the memory to 24 GB, swapped the HDD for the boot drive with an SSD, upgraded to W7 Pro, Installed a 6 core Xeon, and a Titan-X GPU it was like a having totally new system 

SSDheart

can nly imagine how quiet it is 

just imagining if santa brings a threadripper under my tree. 
    r the santa in Xena christmas/solstice episode, Santacles  tee hee  santa kleez  is a giggle

This discussion has been closed.