pedal to the metal, cant drive 55

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

a greave goes on the leg.  my mistake

so whart goes on the forearm?

gauntlet is on hands.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    edited October 2019
    TigerAnne said:

They went away without a conversation and of course didn't get any candy. indecision

What happens if you let them in? Has anyone ever done so, and can tell the tale? I've never met any SDAs, that I'm aware of, but my Mom once let some Jehova's Witnesses in and gave them coffee. Then they became friends, although Mom never converted. 

With this being a spoopy night and all, make sure that no one who knocks on your door has all-black eyes (like an alien). If they do, you need to slam the door in their faces, and shut yourself in a room that doesn't have windows until they stop knocking and begging to be let in. surprise

Years ago in my dad's house, one of the religious solicitors let themselves in... the front door opened to a hallway, sorta like a brownstone type building... The front door was open, and the screen door was unlocked because I was taking stuff from the car... I was about ten feet down the hall putting some stuff into a closet, my dog was just coming in through the yard door at the other end of the hall and shot past me at near the speed of light... the person managed to duck out before the dog mauled him, but the aluminum bottom panel on the screen door didn't really stop 75 lbs of teeth and fur.

The dog hit the door so hard he bent out the bottom panel and the door wouldn't close properly... so the imbecile is standing there desperately trying to hold back the door, which was only making the dog angrier (he should of just let the dog eat him, it's only fair)... it looked like one of those horror movies where the alien is breaking down the escape hatch, with the dog's gnashing teeth poking out the bent panel and thrusting out the door every time he pushed hard... on the way down the hall the dog knocked over the stuff that I had been bringing inside, so there was all sorts of boxes laying around and it took a few additional seconds to grab the dog and hold him back...  which as I was doing the guy started talking about something religious... I just assumed he was praying for salvation from devil dog... I shouted for him to "get away from the door" as I was pulling the dog inside, and it looked like he did... but as I managed to get the dog a few feet back and to sort of calm down, the idiot pokes his head back in to say "I just wanted to introduce you to the kingdom of god"... 

Well, the dog wasn't having any of that and heaved his head around hard enough to make me lose my hold on his collar, so I leaped on him and was holding him around the chest... and what do I see? The guy is still peeking in watching the whole ruckus. I think he may have said something else but I shouted something like "get the f- - k out of here before the dog personally introduces you to god right now!"... 

In the process I got scratched and banged up, I had huge bloody welt from the dog's teeth banging into my arm, and when I got the dog calmed down I went to see how bad the damage was... what do you think I find?... a pamphlet stuffed in the door handle.

WTF was that guy thinking? 

Despite all the damage and him not responding to my initial commands, I gave my dog a treat, because based on how I could see him interpreting the situation, the solicitor was an intruder and the poor dog (who also got banged up) was just doing his job.

Post edited by McGyver on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,441
    edited October 2019
    McGyver said:

Halloween ready:  Pumpkin carved.  Candy set out in dishes.  I never (well hardly ever), get any trick-or-treaters so it's all for me!  Yay!yes 

Of course I've bought my type of candy. yesdevil

I did, however, just a few days ago get a surprise visit from a Seventh-Day-Adventist delegation wanting to talk to me about the good word in the Bible.  They went away without a conversation and of course didn't get any candy. indecision

Candy is bad for you... it contains sugar and that can make your heart fall out and make your teeth fat... you should give it to me, I've had my shots so it won't effect me like that.

You didn't have any conversation with them? My conversation usually is... "Stop ringing the damn bell, I told you I worship Cthulhu, he that slumbers in R'lyeh and will rise again to rule the earth"... alternatively I also substitute Satan or The Flying Spaghetti Monster... They usually come to the front door, where I politely tell them I'm insane and then they go to either of the side doors and knock or ring the doorbells... maybe they are hoping I'll have changed my outlook on religion by the time I get to those doors... alas, I am only annoyed by that point.

I'm very disappointed that I still haven't printed up my own pamphlets for my own wacky religion to hand to them... I've been meaning to do that for years.

Suggestions noted! yes  And if you get here quickly you can have some of the candy.angel

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,172
    McGyver said:

Halloween ready:  Pumpkin carved.  Candy set out in dishes.  I never (well hardly ever), get any trick-or-treaters so it's all for me!  Yay!yes 

I did, however, just a few days ago get a surprise visit from a Seventh-Day-Adventist delegation wanting to talk to me about the good word in the Bible.  They went away without a conversation and of course didn't get any candy. indecision

Candy is bad for you... it contains sugar and that can make your heart fall out and make your teeth fat... you should give it to me, I've had my shots so it won't effect me like that.

You didn't have any conversation with them? My conversation usually is... "Stop ringing the damn bell, I told you I worship Cthulhu, he that slumbers in R'lyeh and will rise again to rule the earth"... alternatively I also substitute Satan or The Flying Spaghetti Monster... They usually come to the front door, where I politely tell them I'm insane and then they go to either of the side doors and knock or ring the doorbells... maybe they are hoping I'll have changed my outlook on religion by the time I get to those doors... alas, I am only annoyed by that point.

I'm very disappointed that I still haven't printed up my own pamphlets for my own wacky religion to hand to them... I've been meaning to do that for years.

laugh   I'd love to see their expressions when you do so!  Please take photos!

Dana

DanaTA said:
    McGyver said:

Dana

starting a religion sounds like fun.  if i had a relition i'd be sending hospitalist doctors and farmasootical companies straight downstairs.

how do you pronounce Cthulhu?

carbs crashing on grandma pie and garlic knotz

kyoto kid said:
    Mystarra said:

i miss going to halloween parties

i miss going to parties

i miss going out

do people still line dance?

would they let me in a dance club with my walker?

shall we dance dun duh duhn - the japanese version lol

kings are fast learners

.. I love that that scene. 

Mystarra said:

that laugh  omg

...my favourite laugh:

This along with her "beeg bada boom" was the basis for my character Leela.

multee pass

and she has an awesome kick when fighting zombie puppers

shall we dance du dudududu  been running in my head all night and day  lol
    not as bad as Babs crooning memmm reees

DanaTA said:
    McGyver said:

Dana

Nobody has ever looked shocked or upset... one looked puzzled, mostly they just smile and walk off (to the side door)... 

The funny thing is my wife just tells them she's Hindu... (because she is)... One person asked he what that was... so Hinduism is confusing, but Cthulhu isn't... go figure.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    TigerAnne said:

They went away without a conversation and of course didn't get any candy. indecision

What happens if you let them in? Has anyone ever done so, and can tell the tale? I've never met any SDAs, that I'm aware of, but my Mom once let some Jehova's Witnesses in and gave them coffee. Then they became friends, although Mom never converted. 

With this being a spoopy night and all, make sure that no one who knocks on your door has all-black eyes (like an alien). If they do, you need to slam the door in their faces, and shut yourself in a room that doesn't have windows until they stop knocking and begging to be let in. surprise

...one fine afternoon many years ago, I answered the door with a beer in my hand while listening to King Crimson on the hi fi, I contemplated inviting them in for a cold one.  They turned around and left in a hurry.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,172
    McGyver said:
    DanaTA said:
    McGyver said:

Dana

Nobody has ever looked shocked or upset... one looked puzzled, mostly they just smile and walk off (to the side door)... 

The funny thing is my wife just tells them she's Hindu... (because she is)... One person asked he what that was... so Hinduism is confusing, but Cthulhu isn't... go figure.

I meant if you print up pamplets and hand them out to them!

Dana

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,904
    McGyver said:

[Vic's dog nearly ate a missionary it thought was a burglar.]

That actually reminds me of this mockumentary series that was really popular in Norway in the early 00s. It was one of those shows where a few actors play all the characters. One of them was a young missionary (I can't remember if any specific denomination was mentioned) from Western Norway, who was supposed to be going door to door. One of the first things that happened to her was being attacked by a huge German shepherd dog, with the owner shouting "Hannibal, no! Do not eat!"  After that, the girl started carrying a metal baseball bat with her when she went to talk about Jesus. It was really funny, you just have to trust me on that. She was actually presented very sympathetically, though. Different country, different era. It's available on Youtube, but I won't link. 1: Stuff that's allowed on TV in Norway would often be considered highly offensive in other countries, and 2: It's not subtitled anyway.

(Would you all hate me if you knew that I'm a tiny bit religious? Maybe not so tiny? Usually the reaction I get from people is along the lines of "You? Are religious??? LOL, you're kidding now!" But I'm not. *shrugs*)

Um, happy Halloween? 

Happy Halloween

Mystarra said:
    DanaTA said:
    McGyver said:

Dana

According to Wikipedia... "Lovecraft transcribed the pronunciation of Cthulhu as Khlûl′-hloo and said that "the first syllable pronounced gutturally and very thickly. The u is about like that in full; and the first syllable is not unlike klul in sound, hence the h represents the guttural thickness."

I don't really understand all that... I just say "Kt-hool-hoo"... Not to be confused with "Cathulu" the streaming service for felines.

TigerAnne said:
    McGyver said:

[Vic's dog nearly ate a missionary it thought was a burglar.]

Would you all hate me if you knew that I'm a tiny bit religious? Maybe not so tiny?

Nope... that's not a bad thing... Heck, my father was a Roman Catholic priest (yes, technically I'm illegal or something), and one of my oldest best friends is very religious... (actually she getting oddly so as she gets older)... (she came along trick or treating last night with a Saint Jude bag... which is actually confusing)... even my wife is a little religious... at this point she probably remembers more about Christianity than I do.

She gives me the sternest looks when I say irreverent things...  like when the kids were little and they asked what Ash Wednesday was and I told them "it's a holy day that honors the day Jesus got his first bicycle but he didn't have a bicycle license so the romans burned it and ever since then the church gives out free bicycle ashes on that day"... she just lightly scolds me and tells the correct story and I usually end up adding known (serious) historical accounts or facts... it's a thing we do.  My wife likes all religions, she grew up Hindu, but in India she went to a catholic school and her best friends growing up were both Muslim, and her sect of Hinduism believes all religions are just different incarcerations of god.  

Although I'm not religious I always kinda believed that too, despite whatever dogma, that made more sense... to me, religion can sorta be more like a tool... perhaps a hammer... it's great for building things and providing shelter, but if you go around hitting people on the head with it, that's where it becomes annoying... for me I chose a less traditional hammer... the squeaky hammer... like the colorful plastic ones for little kids that when you tap it on something it goes "Squeaky-Squeaky"... a fun hammer.

McGyver said:

I chose a less traditional hammer... the squeaky hammer... like the colorful plastic ones for little kids that when you tap it on something it goes "Squeaky-Squeaky"... a fun hammer.

I'm partial to the big, inflatable ones you can bring to the beach or pool, that are actually meant to hit people on the head for fun. That was not a religious parable. I hope.

in tears.  they overchard me over a 100 dollars yesterday.  the discounts removed from my cart after i purchased.

just looked at my balance, over charge hit my rent money.

surprise Have you contacted CS? Things like this ought to get priority.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited November 2019
    TigerAnne said:

(Would you all hate me if you knew that I'm a tiny bit religious? Maybe not so tiny? Usually the reaction I get from people is along the lines of "You? Are religious??? LOL, you're kidding now!" But I'm not. *shrugs*)

There must be something wrong with me, cause I don't hate nobodywink

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • I can give stern looks too, when the topic turns to religion.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

I can give stern looks too, when the topic turns to religion.

Well this is not related to religion in any way, just a metal dude walking on water...

woes crying

cart total was 68.61.JPG
    944 x 551 - 52K
    overcharged2.JPG
    640 x 455 - 47K
    edited November 2019

Even with Mr. Woo back up to almost full price, that doesn't add up at all. The sum in that second image should be about $73, according to my head-math. The gift card was part of the purchase, right?

Post edited by WinterMoon on
    TigerAnne said:

Even with Mr. Woo back up to almost full price, that doesn't add up at all. The sum in that second image should be about $73, according to my head-math. The gift card was part of the purchase, right?

yeah, but it was supposed to be 20 percent off.  i saw eight there when i hit the buy button.  was supposed to discount with new Rs in the cart.

i'm mostly freaked out by the timing of this.  why did i shop here.  my landlord gonna be at the door 6pm tinite
    why oh why oh whycrying

cryingcrying othing yet from support tickets.
    weekend starts in a few hours.
    go be the whole weekend without my glitch monies.  

gonna have to go all the way to my bank and hope they'll reverse the charge.

can't even enjoy my new acquisitions this weekend, cuz i'll be busy throwing up from the stress.

McGyver said:
    Mystarra said:
    DanaTA said:
    McGyver said:

Dana

According to Wikipedia... "Lovecraft transcribed the pronunciation of Cthulhu as Khlûl′-hloo and said that "the first syllable pronounced gutturally and very thickly. The u is about like that in full; and the first syllable is not unlike klul in sound, hence the h represents the guttural thickness."

I don't really understand all that... I just say "Kt-hool-hoo"... Not to be confused with "Cathulu" the streaming service for felines.

thanks.

catching up on the story of queen maeve.  lots of unpronouncables today.  choo loo thoo might have been a celtic beastie.

hamsters defend us

they still open in utah time zone?

do i really have to go all weekend without my money

gonna go throw up now

• Mystarra said:

It's currently 2:40PM there, so yes

McGyver said:
    Mystarra said:
    DanaTA said:
    McGyver said:

Dana

...Leeloo?

Mystarra said:

It's currently 2:40PM there, so yes

its 6:10 here now.  still no email from support and my money still not in my bank.

still throwing up, itwas a gross ride homre on the bus.

worst part is i blame myself, i'd read about the cart glitches.  but i was so greedy for the old people, i bought stuff any way.

Mystarra said:

cryingcrying othing yet from support tickets.
    weekend starts in a few hours.
    go be the whole weekend without my glitch monies.  

gonna have to go all the way to my bank and hope they'll reverse the charge.

can't even enjoy my new acquisitions this weekend, cuz i'll be busy throwing up from the stress.

...I contacted Daz CS when a similar situation occurred to me near the end of the month that threatened to send my account into overdraft, and they reversed money back to my bank instead of the normal procedure of issuing store credit.  

This discussion has been closed.