My phone will not charge complaint thread

19495969798100»

Comments

• Chohole said:
    kyoto kid said:

..well guess what, I saw while walking home tonight, frozen water from falling the sky.  Way too early for here.

...The It's Too Early for Snow in Portland Complaint Thread 
    ...The My Train Has No Caboose Complaint Thread.

...oh and

...Tired Of Long Running Swirlies On The Forums Complain't Thread 

Long running swirlies can usually be blamed on bad plumbing.  But at least the water should be cleaner!

Tjohn said:

Talking about Narwhal tusks and terrorists attacked by Unicorns in another thread.  Made me think about how many places in the world could you lay your hands on, and actually remove & use a Narwhal tusk in an emergency?  It's like having a hanging 16 ton weight handy in a Karate fight.surprise

Speaking of Karate fights, I just watched the 3rd "John Wick" film.  The first two were crazy violent and escalated the violence from scene to scene and movie to movie.  The third was, I believe, over-the-top!  Where could a 4th possibly go?surprise  Well, I guess if one is used to modern computer "games" where one kills everything in sight, these movies are right up one's alley.   And I expect it won't be long before we see a Narwhal tusk pop up in one of these games soon.devil

When are we are we going to learn how to defend against a pointed stick? Or a narwhal tusk?

This is actually nothing we should be joking about.  The tusk was used to defend against a bad guy with a knife.    Hopefully the tusk-wielder won't be prosecuted.  I'll be watching this for sure.

Honestly, I'm far more scared of a knife attacker than I am of somebody with a gun.

The knife wielder wwas shot dead by an armed policemen, so he won't be complaining.

Not only that, he was already well known to the police, and not in a good way, either.

Chohole said:

The situation that necessitated the strange weapon is nothing to joke about.  But the irony and image of use of such a strange weapon has to be worth a few words. 

in hindsight,  yes I suppose it is quite amusing, the building where it all started is called Fishmongers Hall,  and it is the HQ of the Worshipful Company of Fishmongers, which is one of the historic livery companies of the City of London. The narwale tusks are obviously maritime souvenirs and were used as decoration.  They are quite large objects.

Mental Note:  Research how the Narwal uses his tusk...

• Had my Thanksgiving dinner.  The turkey came out amazingly perfect.  15 pounder cooked for about 3.5 hours at 325 F and another 15 minutes under the broiler set to "low".  Made about 30 meals, which I wrap up in little 4 ounce sandwich baggies for freezing.

Had a serving with some corn on the cob and steamed carrots.  Oh, just amazing.

The bone broth is simmering now in a big stock pot on the stove.  Will cook all night and into the afternoon tomorrow.  Has the carcass, carrots, peppers, onions, salt, peppercorns, smashed garlic, and a mess of other spices in there, and it's making the house smell wonderful!

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

my last day of staycation.  meh

sleep cycle is totally off, can't fall asleep.  i shouldnt have watched john wicks3 so late at night.

sleepy thoughts.  or some turkey tripptofen,  hot toddy.  
    but seriously, no lemons in my toddy.  jeez no lemons, whiskey tango, november oscar

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930

....reminds me, time to make some hot cocoa. 

The Futility of IT Complaint Thread

just learned my friend's 4yo nephew is non verbal, so they teaching him sign language.
    i'll have to learn some sign language so i can understand when he asking for a drink of water and other needs.
    my vision so low, i'll be lucky to see his hands.

worrying about it not gonna help me sleep.

not gonna tell them i'm learning til i've learned some.  

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,439
    edited December 2019

I guess I should not complain:  Still no snow.  Rain drizzle all night, 34F degrees (1C) so no frozen roads either.  No sirens going off in the night indicating road accidents.  Just a dreary day.  Ah well, there's another storm coming.indecision

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Chohole said:
    kyoto kid said:

..well guess what, I saw while walking home tonight, frozen water from falling the sky.  Way too early for here.

...oh and

Long running swirlies can usually be blamed on bad plumbing.  But at least the water should be cleaner!

Tjohn said:

Talking about Narwhal tusks and terrorists attacked by Unicorns in another thread.  Made me think about how many places in the world could you lay your hands on, and actually remove & use a Narwhal tusk in an emergency?  It's like having a hanging 16 ton weight handy in a Karate fight.surprise

Speaking of Karate fights, I just watched the 3rd "John Wick" film.  The first two were crazy violent and escalated the violence from scene to scene and movie to movie.  The third was, I believe, over-the-top!  Where could a 4th possibly go?surprise  Well, I guess if one is used to modern computer "games" where one kills everything in sight, these movies are right up one's alley.   And I expect it won't be long before we see a Narwhal tusk pop up in one of these games soon.devil

When are we are we going to learn how to defend against a pointed stick? Or a narwhal tusk?

This is actually nothing we should be joking about.  The tusk was used to defend against a bad guy with a knife.    Hopefully the tusk-wielder won't be prosecuted.  I'll be watching this for sure.

Honestly, I'm far more scared of a knife attacker than I am of somebody with a gun.

The knife wielder wwas shot dead by an armed policemen, so he won't be complaining.

Not only that, he was already well known to the police, and not in a good way, either.

Chohole said:

The situation that necessitated the strange weapon is nothing to joke about.  But the irony and image of use of such a strange weapon has to be worth a few words. 

in hindsight,  yes I suppose it is quite amusing, the building where it all started is called Fishmongers Hall,  and it is the HQ of the Worshipful Company of Fishmongers, which is one of the historic livery companies of the City of London. The narwale tusks are obviously maritime souvenirs and were used as decoration.  They are quite large objects.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/news/2017/05/drone-footage-narwhal-tusk-mystery/

• Ooh, ooh, snow!  Nothing sticking yet, but there are flakes in the air.  It's going to have to really ramp it up if we're to get 2 inches before noon. indecision

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123

My credit card expired at the end of November.  I received a new card in the mail, with the same number (but new expiration date).  Nevertheless, I still have to go around and update credit information (e.g., register a 'new' card here at Daz).  So, why do they keep the old number again?

edited December 2019
    Ostadan said:

My credit card expired at the end of November.  I received a new card in the mail, with the same number (but new expiration date).  Nevertheless, I still have to go around and update credit information (e.g., register a 'new' card here at Daz).  So, why do they keep the old number again?

They salvage the individual digits and use them for composing new product SKUs.  And there's a big market for slightly used digits.devil  Especially '9's.

Ooh, ooh, snow!  Nothing sticking yet, but there are flakes in the air.  It's going to have to really ramp it up if we're to get 2 inches before noon. indecision

sleet and snow on today's forecast.

35F  thinkin to skip my walk today

purple banner free base figure surprise they not counting Vicki 1, 2, and 3

aww they cancelled the xtra 30 percent coupie code.  just as well, dont need that temptation.  might have suckered me into more gc buying

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930
    edited December 2019

...sunny and finally warming up after the last couple days in eh upper 30s/low 40s (may even hit 50° woohoo!) and low 50s by midweek.  

Curmudgeon time. 

#1: Hate Cyber Monday as it messes things up all over the net .  Uploading an image to the forums is taking a long time.

#2: Not looking forward to tomorrow either (even though my SS benefit deposit comes in) as it is known as "Giving Tuesday" which means I will likely be carpet bombed again (as I was on Black Friday) this time with emails asking for contributions and donations

#3: .Weather site seems like the no longer like the fact I have an advert blocking on as I can open it in an incognito window.  Getting to the point advert blocks are becoming ineffectual.  The issue I have is most if not all the adverts I see on line are for products and services I don't need, have no interest in, or can afford so they don't get any extra money out of me anyway.

Meanwhile, in Wisconsin, a bit of snow over the weekend in the Stevens Point area:

STE snow.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 116K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,104

I went to have a closer look at the schedule online.   At first I thought that I just have Thursday and Friday off for some reason, but at closer inspection, I noticed no one works those days or even on the weekend.  I am so confused.

tee heeee

I am tired and cold, but someone is in the shower using up all the hot water.  I have to wait to take a shower now.

• Ostadan said:

Hasn't the CVV changed? That needs to be stored for new transactions (as opposed to subs) to work.

RIP my stupid phone.  I am trying to figure out my schedule for the rest of the week but I still do not know what I work on Friday.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

I AM ELECTRON MAN!  I am... but that's besides the point... a little while ago my wife came in the house and accidentally dropped her silk scarf on the floor, so I picked it up and went to shake it off, but because of the way I was holding it, it was more of a light "snapping" action (like when you snap a towel)... I'm assuming the scarf and me were probably statically charged to the max and the way the scarf slid over itself probably built up more of a charge... it caused a very loud "POP" and discharged a huge blue spark... seriously it made a taser look weak... unfortunately all it zapped was the air, but it was so cool... I can't seem to replicate it though... that would be an awesome trick, probably a one in a million set of circumstances though. Still that was super cool.

• Chohole said:
    Chohole said:
    kyoto kid said:

...oh and

Tjohn said:

Chohole said:

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/news/2017/05/drone-footage-narwhal-tusk-mystery/

Oh wow.  They just sweep it back and forth and knock the sense out of the little fishies.  Then as the narwhal swims forward, it's just a matter of opening their mouth and letting the little fishies just dizzily enter the mouth with visions of gumdrops dancing in their heads and birdies flying around and beside. 

A gulp or two later and it's nap-time!  The only lazier way to eat would be to lay on an air mattress or a dozen pool noodles and let somebody just drop fish into your mouth.

Hmmm, this completely changes my outlook on the unicorn.  Can he be just as lazy as the Narwhal, I wonder?  surprisewink

edited December 2019
    McGyver said:

I AM ELECTRON MAN!  I am... but that's besides the point... a little while ago my wife came in the house and accidentally dropped her silk scarf on the floor, so I picked it up and went to shake it off, but because of the way I was holding it, it was more of a light "snapping" action (like when you snap a towel)... I'm assuming the scarf and me were probably statically charged to the max and the way the scarf slid over itself probably built up more of a charge... it caused a very loud "POP" and discharged a huge blue spark... seriously it made a taser look weak... unfortunately all it zapped was the air, but it was so cool... I can't seem to replicate it though... that would be an awesome trick, probably a one in a million set of circumstances though. Still that was super cool.

It's magic.  You're a wizard!  Use it to bamboozle and scare the bejeezers out of the villagers.  

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Chohole said:
    Chohole said:
    kyoto kid said:

...oh and

Tjohn said:

Chohole said:

Oh wow.  They just sweep it back and forth and knock the sense out of the little fishies.  Then as the narwhal swims forward, it's just a matter of opening their mouth and letting the little fishies just dizzily enter the mouth with visions of gumdrops dancing in their heads and birdies flying around and beside. 

A gulp or two later and it's nap-time!  The only lazier way to eat would be to lay on an air mattress or a dozen pool noodles and let somebody just drop fish into your mouth.

Hmmm, this completely changes my outlook on the unicorn.  Can he be just as lazy as the Narwhal, I wonder?  surprisewink

Yeah,  so laid back is the Narwhal.    I thank him and the Anglerfish are 2 of the really cool creatures in the sea.

Chohole said:
    Chohole said:
    Chohole said:
    kyoto kid said:

...oh and

Tjohn said:

Chohole said:

Yeah,  so laid back is the Narwhal.    I thank him and the Anglerfish are 2 of the really cool creatures in the sea.

What about the sea slug?… he is like the coolest of them all... sorta... they can do all sorts of cool things... I can't think of any at the moment, but they mostly just chose not to because they are so cool... like why bother when you know you can do it all... so yeah, they may just look like a colorful fleshy lump of blobby weirdness fluttering through the sea, but don't underestimate the sea slug... even the wily clam respects the sea slug.

And the barnacle? What's cooler than a barnacle? Well, besides the sea slug... 

edited December 2019
    Chohole said:
    Chohole said:
    kyoto kid said:

...oh and

Tjohn said:

Chohole said:

If you ever watched Gravity Falls, you'd know unicorns are mostly lazy jerks that rely on their reputation as magical creatures to get little kids to fawn over them and do their chores.

Post edited by McGyver on
    edited December 2019

Narwhals, the evil schoolmarm of the sea.  "Johnny, behave!  Or I'll whack you upside the head with my cane and eat you!".surprise

In this little Western, NY town where I grew up there was a teacher who had been here two generations before me.  Mr. Temple started teaching in the old 6 room school building in this town which, in the early years of the 20th century supported all 12 grades (two grades in each room) from 1st through graduation.  Later as the area grew the old building in town was for elementary school only (1-6) and he became principal.  The teacher had a reputation of disciplining his miscreants with a segment of rubber hose applied to sensitive parts of the body.surprise  But that practice had apparently stopped a generation or so before I had to endure him.  When I reached 6th grade in 1959 he had become principal and also taught 6th grade.  He was one of my most liked and memorable teachers although there was always this cloud of reputation around him but I never saw him strike anybody.  He would, however, abruptly turn around from writing on the blackboard and throw the chalk or the eraser at a chatty Cathy or Chucky.  My mother told about the time she got hit by an eraser that he had thrown at the girl behind her.

He lived in town here, next to the school, in a cute little house with a grape arbor growing over their back porch and apple trees in the back yard.  I took piano lessons from his wife and she would bake cookies as rewards for a good session.  And in season one could walk onto the back porch and grab a cluster of purple Concord grapes hanging from the grape vine covering the open sides of the porch or have a slice of fresh apple pie.  Mr. Temple was the band leader for the school and the town.  Older students and adults would continue to populate his band which played at town festivals.  He was a big fan of John Phillip Souza marches and would tell of the time he had met Souza somewhere.  Mr. and Mrs. Temple were my ideal of turn of the century (20th) American townfolk (I seem to have lived in a "Mayberry" type of town.) 

Mr. Temple was older than god (perhaps as old as me nowfrown)  when he finally retired but by that time a new elementary school had been built and he remained principal until he retired.  After he retired, the elementary school was renamed for him.  By that time for some of the families in the area he had taught 4 generations.  After the Temples had died, the house was left to the town and stood empty for a few years until I think someone(s) on the town board who didn't have such fond memories of Mr. Temple as I do had that cute little house with the grape arbor and apple trees torn down and turned into a parking lot.sad  Fast forward about 30 years later and the property is now the new town library, an ugly commercial fabricated building that looks like two house trailers side by side, and housing row upon row of dime store romance novels.  Completely corrupting my memories of Mr. and Mrs. Temple. 

Guess it is about time to go to work, or not?  See you next thread!

pushing my walker in snow, not quite a sleigh ride experience >.<

confused, title change but is same thread 

sticker shock with sale over.  missed my chance to buy a dog 8 animates.

ate a nice hot bowl of grits for brekkie, didn't take the edge off.  hungreeee

back to work after my staycation.  brain sluggish to get back into work mode.  iso audit coming, tons to do. staring at the pile of folders , not sorting and scanning itself.  mehh

christmas pep

edited December 2019

Why do we bother messing with perfecting fusion power... you want unlimited power?... Microwave a dozen Hot Pocket Philly Cheese-Steaks... that will remain hot for the next ten thousand years and provide clean cheese steak scented power for thousands of homes per dozen Hot Pockets.

Then again I'm not sure how clean that power would be... I'm pretty sure the meat is Naugasteak and the cheese is a synthetic, synthetic cheese substitute... god knows what the pastry shell is made of, but it sure smacks of alien technology... probably what the Roswell alien ship from Area 51 was made out of.

It's really hard to draw with gloves on...

2222870B-0126-4DAA-8EAE-1290FD22CE06.png
    2048 x 1536 - 828K
    Post edited by McGyver on
    edited December 2019

dont need those battery poclet warmers, just stick a hot pocket in the pocket

is that a hot pocket in your pocket, or is it happy?

whiff of synthetic cheeze

Complaints carry on here  

Post edited by Chohole on
This discussion has been closed.