Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 11

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,128
    edited May 2021

The cave is within a partly reflecting cube and lit by 5 spotlights, a bit of ambient light by the WhiteSphere HDRI, no sun. An experiment with Volumetric World. Though the light rays from the spotlights is not very obvious, this effect cannot be done with haze.

Misty Grotto

MistyGrotto.jpg
    1200 x 765 - 79K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,757
    edited May 2021

Mermaid, very nice render.

Horo, so the light shaft is caused by the volumetric world; nice!

I made another landscape render. I used a render of a Bryce sky as starting point for the terrain, which I stretched somewhat. Then I added one of the volumetric skies by David Brinnen, though somewhat modified to get the effect I liked. The texture of the terrain is a default one, also from David, I think, but I increased the frequency.

skyland1.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 2M
    Post edited by Hansmar on
    edited May 2021

And I made another one, using two DAZ figures with DAZ clothing and textures, sent to Bryce. The sci-fi corridor also comes from DAZ to Bryce. The strange mechanical arms of the male figure were freebie grafts found in Renderosity, if I remember correctly. The texture of those is a procedural Bryce texture (they come untextured) So, in this case, I only used Bryce for arm textures, putting elements in the right place, copy pasting the corridor to make a more complete surrounding, adding a number of spherical lights and rendering, of course.

Don't you think I made all the renders posted today yesterday. I just did not post any render for a while.

scificorridor.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,003

Thanks Horo, Adbc, and Hansmar

Horo - awesome use of the Volumetric World option. I like the effect, something to try.

Hansmar - both your renders are very nice, I like the clouds in the first, and the lighting in the second.

Hansmar - thank you. Very well done scene, I think the sky came out particularly well. The one with the sci-fy corridor also looks very good and is nicely lit.

mermaid - thank you. Volumetric World is a bit tricky. The scene above is a tenth of the size I normally use. It appears that it works better for indoors. But we have it since Bryce 5 and never really used.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,103

Horo : Awesome volumetric world effect, very nice result.

Hansmar : the landscape has beautiful clouds. The scifi corridor is cool, I like the lighting.

Thank you adbc.

edited May 2021

A terrain from the High Resolution Terrains Set 3 - the W, with a combined material from the same set and Landscapes under Fantastic Skies. The clouds are a sphere from the Sky Toolbox (volumetric clouds rendered as spherical panorama, bigger memory impact but much faster to render than the volumetric slabs).

IsleW-Seaside

IsleW-Seaside.jpg
    1200 x 720 - 152K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited May 2021

Mermaid, Horo, adbc: thank you.

Here is a simple render. Just one sphere in a cone with a glass texture and a sky preset from Pro Cloudscapes 3. That's all. Oh, should not forget to mention that the texture of the sphere is highly displaced by a tile texture with > 50% displacement. It also has some transparency. Just experimenting.

sphere_tile.jpg
    875 x 875 - 311K

Hansmar - great to see you experimenting with Displacement, cool result.

Horo - outstanding landscape, it's beautiful.

Hansmar - love your render, nice experiment

Horo : beautiful lanscape, I love the sky.

Hansmar : cool experiment.

Thank you mermaid and adbc.

Horo, mermaid, adbc: Thank you. Another experiment will follow.

edited May 2021

Enjoying my new purchase the Space Construction Kit, a regular render and an Anaglyph

space3.jpg
    615 x 800 - 222K
    space3ana.jpg
    615 x 800 - 309K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

mermaid - great space scene, the anaglyph is awesome.

mermaid : beautiful image, the anaglyph is stunning.

Very nice work, Mermaid.

edited May 2021

A weird planet.  Free objects from the net, part of floating city from Herminio Nieves

weird planet.jpg
    900 x 675 - 104K
    Post edited by adbc on

adbc - I like your weird planet. Cool idea and very nicely done.

Horo : thank you.

Thanks Horo, Adbc and Hansmar for the nice comments.

Adbc - fantastic weird world - Herminio Nieves' models are awesome, I have a scene rendering presently using one of his models.

adbc, now that is really a weird world with weird creatures. Great planets in the background.

edited May 2021

While I’m waiting for the scene with Herminio Nieves model to render, here’s a simple space scene, I couldn’t find a good Saturn freebie so I cheated and added the image in Photoshop. The result is okay.

space20a.jpg
    654 x 850 - 304K
    edited May 2021

mermaid, Hansmar : thank you.

mermaid : cool space scene, awesome clouds around Saturn.

Fantasy scene.
    Based on a previous render. 
    Adapted the spiky figure, which is modeled with wings 3D (just a few spiky tori and spheres)
    the robot, rocks and towers(gendragon) are free objects.

fantasy17.jpg
    1116 x 517 - 120K
    Post edited by adbc on

mermaid - cool space scene. The "photoshoped" Saturn looks very good, I would have taken it as an object.

adbc - special fantasy scene, very nicely done.

Thanks Adbc and Horo for your comments

Adbc - wow another awesome fantasy scene

edited May 2021

A landscape-space hybrid scene with the Pausanias Cruiser in the air. The terrain is from Grand Mountains with a material from the High Resolution Terrains 1 set with a tiny bit of transparency at a high refraction index (renders in an eternity). Lit by the GascloudB09 HDRI from the second Sci-Fi Fantasy set, never published because the first was declined. A bit of Cumulus clouds and the sun. And the moon is the one from Dave Savage.

Oddly Lit Spot

OddlyLitSpot.jpg
    1200 x 780 - 181K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo, mermaid : thank you.

Horo : Excellent space landscape, very well lit.

edited May 2021

Horo – superb space render.

Another space render using Herminio Nieves’s model, space bodies from the Space Construction Kit and the sky is from the Landscapes under Fantastic skies. This was a simple scene yet it took over 7 hrs to render, I don’t know why.

sci-fic-city.jpg
    654 x 850 - 412K
This discussion has been closed.