• adbcadbc Posts: 3,112

papatulus : thank you.

mdk : great experiment.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,032

Papatulus - thank you.

mdk-  nice idea and render.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,156
    edited June 2021

A terrain from High Resolution Terrains 1 with a combined material from High Resolution Terrains 1 & 2 and the water from High Resolution Terrains 4 with my surf. The lighthouse was self made, the ruin is the Mystic Tower. Sky and ambient light by HDRI Enhanced Skies, the key light by the sun. The waterfall in the distance is just specular ...

After the Storm

AfterTheStorm.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 190K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • mdk1960mdk1960 Posts: 37

Horo said:

A terrain from High Resolution Terrains 1 with a combined material from High Resolution Terrains 1 & 2 and the water from High Resolution Terrains 4 with my surf. The lighthouse was self made, the ruin is the Mystic Tower. Sky and ambient light by HDRI Enhanced Skies, the key light by the sun. The waterfall in the distance is just specular ...

After the Storm

That surf is gorgeous in this lighting set up, beautiful lighting BTY.  The steep rock cliffs and the terrain at just this camera height is wonderful. 

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,764

Horo, A couple of very nice renders. Great atmosphere in the first one. Very realistic (except for the toon characters) landscape with trees. And indeed, very good water texture and good lights on the last one.

Adbc. What an amazing space render! I love the colour scheme.

Mermaid, Fantastic lighting in your scene. Also great clouds.

Mdk, Now, that first one is scary. Great wall with chunks missing and wonderful shadow as well. And the statue just doesn’t care. The second one is very funny. Looks like the earth is giving birth to .. what?

edited June 2021

I recently acquired the bison and the donkey, so I decided to put them together in a render. I added a panther and a condor, a couple of instances of some trees and the grass consists of two versions of the 'trees as grass' trick, described together by Horo, but original settings by Slepalex and David Brinnen. The sky is one from Horo and David. I call it 'play-full animals'.

bison and donkey_b.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 2M
    Post edited by Hansmar on

Horo : Good looking render, the water and terrain texture are awesome, beautiful sky.

Hansmar : thank you.

"Playful animals" is a lovely scene, the grass looks very realistic, great atmosphere.

Horo - another fantastic render, love the water and the effect of the distant waterfall

Hansmar - cool render, the grass is awesome, great atmosphere. Thanks for your comment.

mdk1960 - thank you.

Hansmar - thank you. Great render with the bison, donkey and panther.

adbc and mermaid - thank you.

Hansmar - great job capturing the brute playfullness/interplay of bison & donkey and really like the way the haze masks off the foreground detail right down to grass. This looks like it was fun to do!

I have worked in Bryce for a little bit more than 22 years now, but right away I fell in love with one pair of Bryce materials in particular that I just will not leave alone - the Striated Stone textures Moon Lava 2 & Petrified Moss. To me, they are a key organic elements - as you can easily alter the color in the DTE to create a vast number of mutations that work well on terrains, stones and most importantly solid lattices. I can easily spend hours fiddling with these two materials. So, if I post enough you'll probably see them used redundantly. I also like turning off atmosphere/clouds to get flat color skies with slight horizon gradients and push objects into abstract clumps in the middle distance and when using water I like to switch off anti-aliasing to let light stay all chippity on the reflections. Not for realisms sake though, Actually because I like the abstraction of these combined - in sea caves and the like. Alien and yet earth-like too.

lattice-begin.png
    1500 x 1083 - 2M
    edited June 2021

mdk1960 - nice work. The fun of Bryce is that it is versatile and not limited to realism (or photo-realism, whatever that may be, considering that photos are already manipulated in the camera). I like how you explore into the uncommon and come up with such interesting renders.

Post edited by Horo on

Mdk - I agree with Horo, Bryce is so versatile and only limited to one's imagination and artistic talent. I like the texture and overall setup.

adbc, mermaid, Horo, MDK: thank you.

MDK: that is an interesting texture set-up. Of course, I also agree with Horo and Mermaid: Bryce has many great options.

mdk : I agree with Horo, mermaid and Hansmar, I like what you did with the lattices.

• papayapapaya Posts: 27

Horo - an absolutely breathtaking render, love the lighting here.

Hansmar - the grass here does look really good, and it's a fun scene with the animals all playing around in it.

mdk - fully agreeing with the others here, you can make some incredibly interesting abstract terrains in Bryce. The flatter colour of the sky really gives it a surreal feeling.

Thank you papatulus.

• Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 918

Mermaid, I agree with you. Bryce is really wonderful.

And you all are so busy here... your Pictures are the best evidence of what is possible with Bryce. Really great Artwork, I love them all.smiley

edited June 2021

The left and right parts of the bridge are self made, the centre uses parts made in Wings3D by David Brinnen, the train is from the Internet. Materials. terrains and sky from our sets.

Mesa Crossing

MesaCrossing.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 240K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo -  nicely executed, great theme!

Horo : beautiful scene, great modeling.

Thank you mdk1960 and adbc.

• robert_b662b88brobert_b662b88b Posts: 10
    edited June 2021

Part of a 2d point and click game I'm building (original Myst style). Unfortunately it has thousands of images and I have to keep the render times low.

Hmm. Can't get the image to display at the correct size... Doing something wrong.

5B.jpg
    970 x 644 - 365K
    Post edited by robert_b662b88b on

Horo's western train-themed pic reminded me that several years ago now I'd helped a friend who was trying to break into film by storyboarding his screenplay,  which he described as "Sergio Leone meets HP Lovecraft." That total work is stored on another drive than the one I'm using today, but I decided to remake one of the images: a settler in the West disembarking a train. The Bryce render has terrains, rocks, atmospherics and both positive and negative radial lights, the figure is a 2d picture object, the train a nice 3D model from CG Traders. The second pic is my postworked version.

express1.png
    1754 x 891 - 2M
    TRAIN-N-BRIDGER-sm.png
    1650 x 833 - 2M
    edited June 2021

How do I delete this. This site is confusing

edited June 2021

Cave with crystals. Created using two hollowed out terrains, one flipped over and placed on top. I think.. 

C3B.jpg
    970 x 644 - 295K
  • papayapapaya Posts: 27

Horo - As always a beautiful render. The sleek train against a canyon background gives it an almost sci-fi feel.

mdk - really nice render, and the post-work makes it even better.

robert - A Myst-like game using bryce renders as backgrounds sounds very interesting, and the two you've posted so far really makes me want to see more of it. I hope you keep posting them here!

edited June 2021

A cityscape created using a cool Blender plugin that lets you download Google maps 3d data. (I used London) The sky is one of David and Horos (I think) and the glowing lights are just high ambient areas with really bright lights.

9R.jpg
    970 x 644 - 168K

Robert - very cool work, the cave w/crystals has a uniquely moody/dark color scheme that truly sets off the crystals. The cityscape is also impressive with a great sense of depth against that deep sky. 

This discussion has been closed.