The next Challenge is the 50th - any suggestions or requests about rules/theme? :)

Comments

• CbirdCbird Posts: 493
    Diomede said:
    Cbird said:
    Vyusur said:

I've been worked in wedding magazine for 7 years. I hate wedding related things.

I know people with commemorative divorce tattoos. Maybe divorce anniversaries instead or also? ;)

"Have you ever been liberated?"  devil

Love it!!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988
    edited November 2019

meanwhile in Queensland ~

carrara.jpg
    709 x 604 - 71K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,235

With you StezzaKarara, and many other Carrara artists...tough to know if this is a photo  or a Carrara render. Looka like a render...however...

smiley

actually, it's google maps... Carrara is in Queensland on the Gold Coast wink

I thought Carrara was in..Italy...? 

Meanhile, all simultaneously, here we are...laugh

edited November 2019

Hey...50th challenge...marble theme??? Named after the software???

Or, along that theme...?

Post edited by DesertDude on

roundabouts and marbles laugh

edited November 2019

lol, StezzaKarara

Sorry, yeah, time for bed here...back to choosing a theme

lol.jpg
    855 x 703 - 39K
    Post edited by DesertDude on
  • VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

I would prefer something completely new. Something like: "beauty is a terrible power" and "beauty will save the world".

Vyusur said:

I would prefer something completely new. Something like: "beauty is a terrible power" and "beauty will save the world".

Awesome, yes, great idea

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

how about Holiday Spirit ?

whatever the theme, needs a cake smiley

cake.PNG
    1345 x 274 - 789K
  • namtar3d said:

Maybe we could make a 1st of 1sts  challenge.   

We should make a remake of the past 1st places, with the only rule you can't remake your own 1st place.  

Creative!

•  

The missing post?

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited November 2019

How about just "celebration?" Could be celebration of an anniversary or a holiday, or wedding or a divorce... wink

A similar idea is "remembering, or looking back," which occurred to me while looking to see when the first challenge I entered was. My first entry was for Challenge #13 "Create a Pulp Cover." My two entries that month contain the first and second models I ever attempted to make! laugh

Tongue-in-cheek-idea: Allow one vote for every challenge you've entered in the past! cheeky

Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    Mythic3D said:

Tongue-in-cheek-idea: Allow one vote for every challenge you've entered in the past! cheeky

Hold it, would a person be barred from voting for self? Asking for a buddy.

• Vyusur said:

I like both theme ideas.  For me, however, the point of this thread was to find a theme and/or rules connected to the 50th Challenge anniversary, with (perhaps) a nod to where we've been.

But if the consensus is to simply do another nornal Challenge, then I will go with the flow. :)

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited November 2019
    Diomede said:
    Mythic3D said:

Hold it, would a person be barred from voting for self? Asking for a buddy.

I don't think we've ever had such a rule, it's just that no one does it out of a sense of community/fun. So if you'd been say, building up votes for 49 challenges, now would be the time to cash them in and run for the hills!devil

Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on
  • Mythic3D said:

How about just "celebration?" Could be celebration of an anniversary or a holiday, or wedding or a divorce... wink

Very nice idea that groups several ideas together. yes

Mythic3D said:

A reward for past participation!  I know that you are kind of joking, but I like the concept.  Maybe something more general, as this one pretty heavily discriminates against people like me who didn't even have Carrara until Challenge 28 (and entered in #30).  How about a reward for people who have never missed a Challenge since entering their first one? cheeky

I'm still compiling all of the ideas so far in the first post.

Everyone gets to make one rule for each prior challenge entered.  laugh

• Diomede said:

If each rule is connected to a Carrara function, that sounds almost like a punishment. smiley

How about a "Numbers Don't Lie" theme?  It would be a type of lottery.  For every Challenge you have entered in the past, you are assigned a number, and at least one of your renders must be connected to that number.  For example, if you have never entered a Challenge, and the next one is your first, your number is 1.  Lots of ideas come to mind with "1" as the theme, but other numbers could test your mettle.  Some of you guys are in the 40's.  Has anyone entered them all up to this point?  Headwax, maybe?

mebbe george jumping out of an anniversary cake  tee hee

Diomede said:

If each rule is connected to a Carrara function, that sounds almost like a punishment. smiley

How about a "Numbers Don't Lie" theme?  It would be a type of lottery.  For every Challenge you have entered in the past, you are assigned a number, and at least one of your renders must be connected to that number.  For example, if you have never entered a Challenge, and the next one is your first, your number is 1.  Lots of ideas come to mind with "1" as the theme, but other numbers could test your mettle.  Some of you guys are in the 40's.  Has anyone entered them all up to this point?  Headwax, maybe?

I think I have entered all but one.  Maybe Stezza, but I don't think so.  Not Headwax.  Someone had a spreadsheet with entries but I don't think it has been kept up to date.  The reason I remember is that my record was incorrect in the original database because one of my entries was posted by a Challenge coordinator instead of by me.  The person counting missed it because they didn't see my avatar in that entry thread.

edited November 2019
    Mystarra said:

mebbe george jumping out of an anniversary cake  tee hee

I think Brigitte Bardot jumping out of a cake.  This is the50th annivsary of the release of Les Femmes

brigitte bardot.JPG
    671 x 180 - 36K
    Post edited by Diomede on

How about a theme of "50"?

Could be a 50th anniversary.

Could be 50 years ago  (1969) - hippies, The Beatles, walk on the moon, release of Easy Rider, Salvador Dali designing ads for European song contest, whatever

Could be 50 plants in a garden, 50 students in a classroom, 50 stars in a constellation

Could be 50 years from now - I still want the jetpack they promised us!  Or Venice under water (ugh).  Or a cure for cancers and other diseases (yay!), or...

Could be 50 thousand or million years ago or from now

Could be 50 year old people,50 month old people, 50 day old people

50 colors in the crayon superpack.

• Diomede said:

I think I have entered all but one.  Maybe Stezza, but I don't think so.  Not Headwax.  Someone had a spreadsheet with entries but I don't think it has been kept up to date.  The reason I remember is that my record was incorrect in the original database because one of my entries was posted by a Challenge coordinator instead of by me.  The person counting missed it because they didn't see my avatar in that entry thread.

Just looking at the first Challenge, Stezza didn't enter.  Of the other participants in #1, only you and Headwax have entered regularly.  If you are positive about Headwax, then nobody has entered them all.

edited November 2019

There are 50 states in the US.  The chllenge could be a render related to the state I will be in when the challenge ends.  It won't be this one.

south carolina welcome center.JPG
    908 x 650 - 99K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • I might be in a mental state by then angry

I like the idea of 50 being the topic....

you decide what! 

50 cakes better than 1  surface replicated to infinity and beyond.

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 2,119
    edited November 2019
    Mystarra said:

how about Holiday Spirit ?

whatever the theme, needs a cake smiley

Tea with the Cake ??  _ then

Post edited by ed3D on