The next Challenge is the 50th - any suggestions or requests about rules/theme? :)

124»

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

"Why did you buy Carrara?"

(an image that conveys what made you take the plunge to buy Carrara in the first place)

• Sounds like a reasonable idea.  For me, though, probably not so hot.  I bought Carrara for the Genesis bundles, and only later realized my good fortune. :)

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

The Feature that made you take the plunge to buy Carrara in the first place

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323
    edited November 2019

Sounds like a reasonable idea.  For me, though, probably not so hot.  I bought Carrara for the Genesis bundles, and only later realized my good fortune. :)

Right. So you'd pull out some Genesis gear and render it up! ;)

Vyusur said:

...or features? :)

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Sounds like a reasonable idea.  For me, though, probably not so hot.  I bought Carrara for the Genesis bundles, and only later realized my good fortune. :)

Right. So you'd pull out some Genesis gear and render it up! ;)

Vyusur said:

...or features? :)

it's the same thing

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited November 2019
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • Thanks Diomede.  Useful links!

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

Lots of good ideas , terrains sound good, I'm itching to do a terrain tutorial when I get back.

Those displacement maps are so handy.... currently sitting in the sun under a fruiting tuckeroo full of fig birds nursing a broken nose and two black eyes . Think I'd learnt duck when I wipe out by now ! Been so long I forgot you get black eyes . Ha ha . Still away for another few weeks sorry. Poor web connections.....

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

edited December 2019

Hope you recover quickly, HW

Maybe Twiggy the Squirrel has time now to give you some water sport tips.

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited December 2019

I'm working on the next Challenge, hopefully in the next few days.  Sorry for the delay.  A sorcerous here cast a spell and forced me to play with Leon. :)

Post edited by UnifiedBrain on
    edited December 2019

I'm working on the next Challenge, hopefully in the next few days.  Sorry for the delay.  A sorcerous here cast a spell and forced me to play with Leon. :)

That sorceress is getting around!  I've been concentrating on uvmapping, sculpting, and painting software recenly, but during my Carrara time I've been creating some stuff for Leon.  Here is a very stiff vintage newspaper boy for Leon. Need to focus on the fold, wrinkle, stain, and similar details for the clothing and satchel, which I hope my ventures into 3D Coat and Substance Painter will help with.

• That looks great, Diomede!

I submitted the email to Daz a few minutes ago.  Got a few more details to finalize.  Should be good to go by tomorrow.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

xtra xtra read all about it smiley