[Released] RSE Mirror Geometry for Genesis 8 [Commercial]

RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,344
edited December 2019 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Mirror Hair and Clothing with the new Mirror Geometry for Genesis 8! This powerful script easily and quickly creates mirror images of hair and clothing that are virtually indistinguishable from the original items. Mirror items support the same bone hierarchy, morphs (including JCMs), DFormers, rigid follow nodes, and more. Even hierarchical material presets will work with your new mirrored items!

The RSE Mirror Geometry for Genesis 8 from Esha and RiverSoft Art can

• Mirror Clothing and dForce Clothing
  • Mirror Hair (dForce and strand-based hair are *not* supported)

The RSE Mirror Geometry for Genesis 8 is also a merchant resource! If you own the original items, you can easily create mirrored versions for your sets and sell them!"

main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 622K
Mirror_Geometry-01.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 406K
Mirror_Geometry-02.jpg
3000 x 2363 - 2M
Mirror_Geometry-03.jpg
1457 x 1000 - 330K
Mirror_Geometry-04.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 301K
Mirror_Geometry-05.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 232K
Mirror_Geometry-06.jpg
1333 x 1000 - 446K
Mirror_Geometry-07.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 404K
Mirror_Geometry-08.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 407K
Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

Comments

• Oh, this is a wonderful idea! Can't wait!
  • Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,037

oha this is defenitly a nice-to-have yes

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,247

Oh, now this looks useful. I'm assuming that there is no particular issue using it on converted clothing items?

• This is really a good idea! What about dForce hair makes this not work? Could PAs make dForce hair "mirrorable"? Just curious...
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,092

Hey this looks really useful - I've often wanted to get left-arm wearables to right-arm and vice versa, and using it on asymmetrical hair products will be great too. Nice Christmas present to self? Or maybe New Year? (I realise you can't actually say)

• Oh, this is a wonderful idea! Can't wait!

Great!  I can't take credit for the idea.  Both TryHard from the forums and Esha came to me separately and suggested it.

• gerster said:

oha this is defenitly a nice-to-have yes

LOL.

• JOdel said:

Oh, now this looks useful. I'm assuming that there is no particular issue using it on converted clothing items?

I have to admit I haven't tried it on converted clothes.  Some JCMs might not convert properly as the standard naming convention was different in earlier generations, but the rest should convert.  I will have to find time to test.

• This is really a good idea! What about dForce hair makes this not work? Could PAs make dForce hair "mirrorable"? Just curious...

@esha is the expert on this.  I will let her answer.

• MelanieL said:

Hey this looks really useful - I've often wanted to get left-arm wearables to right-arm and vice versa, and using it on asymmetrical hair products will be great too. Nice Christmas present to self? Or maybe New Year? (I realise you can't actually say)

I can't neither say nor do I actually know laugh

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    edited December 2019

Will this work on clothing and hair that are installed with Daz Connect, as long as the output directory is NOT in Daz Connect? Even though Daz Connect has been available for a long long time now, I am still finding new products in the store that do not support it. Those products get returned most times. So I like to ask in advance.

Post edited by barbult on
  • barbult said:

Will this work on clothing and hair that are installed with Daz Connect, as long as the output directory is NOT in Daz Connect? Even though Daz Connect has been available for a long long time now, I am still finding new products in the store that do not support it. Those products get returned most times. So I like to ask in advance.

It *should*.  I do not use Daz Connect though.

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

very cool concept. 

• jardine said:

very cool concept. 

Thanks!

barbult said:

Thanks for responding, but *should* doesn't inspire a whole lot of confidence. All you would have to do is install one product with Daz Connect to test it. Or have a beta tester who uses Connect test it for you. Are Connect users such a small portion of your customer base, that we aren't worth your time to find out whether it works? That may well be. 

• eshaesha Posts: 3,224

Re dForce Hair: It will work on hair that uses the dForce modifier for Cloth. The "real" dForce hair is based on lines and the mirroring does not work for those. You could mirror the hair cap but you'd have to re-grow and re-style the hair that's growing on it.

Re converted items: The script will create a mirrored copy. If the source item has problems (for example JCMs that haven't been converted properly) those issues will also happen in the mirrored item. If the source item works fine and has all the necessary JCMs it will also work fine in the mirrored version.

Re Connect: I'd love to try it on a Connect item but for some reason Connect refuses to work on my system. I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work, though. The script loads the item and performs all other tasks inside DS or on the files it has saved out. As long as you set the save location to a non-connect folder it should work fine.

• Just thought I'd throw this out here: your instruction pic has a small error in it. In step 1 it says the temp geometry will be used again in step 5, but actually it's in step 6.

I know, very pedantic, but small stuff like that irks me.

That being said, this sound really cool, and I'm sure I've got some stuff that can use this.

• barbult said:
    barbult said:

Thanks for responding, but *should* doesn't inspire a whole lot of confidence. All you would have to do is install one product with Daz Connect to test it. Or have a beta tester who uses Connect test it for you. Are Connect users such a small portion of your customer base, that we aren't worth your time to find out whether it works? That may well be. 

As expected, I can confirm it works with connect products.  

• Just thought I'd throw this out here: your instruction pic has a small error in it. In step 1 it says the temp geometry will be used again in step 5, but actually it's in step 6.

I know, very pedantic, but small stuff like that irks me.

That being said, this sound really cool, and I'm sure I've got some stuff that can use this.

Whoops!  Good catch.  We cannot change it at this point in the process, but after release we can.

• Can it mirror a figure, e.g. a posed character? Might be a quick way to mirror a pose.

• eshaesha Posts: 3,224

No, because there is already a quick way to mirror a pose: the Symmetry dialog. This script mirrors the actual geometry of items that are fitted to the figure smiley

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395

awesome! really looking forward to this ^^ - and it's for males too, kudos! yes

barbult said:
    barbult said:

Thank you very much for taking the time to verify it!
  • awesome! really looking forward to this ^^ - and it's for males too, kudos! yes

Thanks!  We are looking forward to getting it in everyone's hands! smiley

• barbult said:
    barbult said:
    barbult said:

Thank you very much for taking the time to verify it!

You're welcome!

• plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,018
    edited December 2019

This is amazing. I have a character I've been using a very old hair piece for since it's the only one I could find with the right shape that falls on a specific side. I might actually get to update his hair now, thank you! 

Post edited by plasma_ring on
  • This is amazing. I have a character I've been using a very old hair piece for since it's the only one I could find with the right shape that falls on a specific side. I might actually get to update his hair now, thank you! 

You're welcome!

• maraichmaraich Posts: 489

Marevelous idea!

• maraich said:

Marevelous idea!

Thank you!  I hope you will enjoy it.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745

Hmmm.  Another excellent idea, another product that I fear I shall inevitably find myself forced to purchase.   I do hope you realize, Good Sir, that as a result of your actions, Tiny Tim and the Cratchit clan shall not be receiving their expected Xmas dinner this year, so I truly hope that you are ashamed of yourself and are prepared to expect the consequences. 

My former partner, Marley, has asked me to pass along word that you should expect visitiations by the Ghost of Xmas Purcharses Past, the Ghost of DAZ Promotions Present and the Ghost of Product Releases Yet to Come.  Based on personal experience, I would advise you to dress more warmly than a nightshirt or a piece of DAZ skimpwear. 

Bah, Humbug and Season's Greetings,

E. Dazebneezer Scrooge.