[Released] RSE Mirror Geometry for Genesis 8 [Commercial]

13»

Comments

• lumiasartlumiasart Posts: 126

RiverSoftArt said:

UnderlandDigital said:

Apologies for bringing this thread back to life but I'm trying this product and I keep getting the same error "VAL_NicoleADress (Follower) is not a prop of Follower/Wardrobe,Follower/Accessory,Preset/Wearables,Follower/Hair" I'm very new to things so I imagine I may be making some mistake...? I tried with other dresses and they work.
    The file is this https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-nicole-agent-outfit-for-genesis-8-females and I'm only selecting the dress.duf

thanks in advance! :)

The metadata is slightly off.  Try SELECTING the item in the list and clicking Force Mirror.

YES! That worked! Thank you so much!!! ^^

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,371

UnderlandDigital said:

RiverSoftArt said:

UnderlandDigital said:

Apologies for bringing this thread back to life but I'm trying this product and I keep getting the same error "VAL_NicoleADress (Follower) is not a prop of Follower/Wardrobe,Follower/Accessory,Preset/Wearables,Follower/Hair" I'm very new to things so I imagine I may be making some mistake...? I tried with other dresses and they work.
    The file is this https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-nicole-agent-outfit-for-genesis-8-females and I'm only selecting the dress.duf

thanks in advance! :)

The metadata is slightly off.  Try SELECTING the item in the list and clicking Force Mirror.

YES! That worked! Thank you so much!!! ^^

smiley  You're welcome!

• Hey, I purchased the Mirror Geometry for Daz 8 quite a while ago and just now got around to trying it out (so typical). I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, or if there's another channel I should be using.

Once I've loaded up my Gen 8 base figure, selected it, and double clicked on the script, I get an error saying An error occurred while reading the file, see the log file for more details.

The log gives me this:

2022-07-11 16:56:41.167 Loading script: C:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/data/cloud/1_65939/scripts/riversoft art/mirror geometry/rse mirror geometry for genesis 8 male.dse

2022-07-11 16:56:41.172 DEBUG: Found: C:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/data/cloud/1_63107/data/riversoft art/common/rsconstants.dsa

2022-07-11 16:56:41.172 WARNING: Script Error: Line 1

2022-07-11 16:56:41.172 WARNING: SyntaxError: Parse error

2022-07-11 16:56:41.172 WARNING: Stack Trace:

<anonymous>()@C:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/data/cloud/1_63107/data/riversoft art/common/rsconstants.dsa:1

2022-07-11 16:56:41.173 Error in script execution: C:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/data/cloud/1_65939/scripts/riversoft art/mirror geometry/rse mirror geometry for genesis 8 male.dse

To be honest, I'm not sure where to go from here.

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,371

liquidenvy said:

Hey, I purchased the Mirror Geometry for Daz 8 quite a while ago and just now got around to trying it out (so typical). I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, or if there's another channel I should be using.

Once I've loaded up my Gen 8 base figure, selected it, and double clicked on the script, I get an error saying An error occurred while reading the file, see the log file for more details.

The log gives me this:

2022-07-11 16:56:41.167 Loading script: C:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/data/cloud/1_65939/scripts/riversoft art/mirror geometry/rse mirror geometry for genesis 8 male.dse

2022-07-11 16:56:41.172 DEBUG: Found: C:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/data/cloud/1_63107/data/riversoft art/common/rsconstants.dsa

2022-07-11 16:56:41.172 WARNING: Script Error: Line 1

2022-07-11 16:56:41.172 WARNING: SyntaxError: Parse error

2022-07-11 16:56:41.172 WARNING: Stack Trace:

<anonymous>()@C:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/data/cloud/1_63107/data/riversoft art/common/rsconstants.dsa:1

2022-07-11 16:56:41.173 Error in script execution: C:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/data/cloud/1_65939/scripts/riversoft art/mirror geometry/rse mirror geometry for genesis 8 male.dse

To be honest, I'm not sure where to go from here.

A lot of my pre-2022 scripts have problems when installed from Daz Connect.  Uninstall it, delete all the files in "C:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/data/cloud/1_65939" and reinstall using DIM

• I'm having a bit of an issue with the script.

It runs like a charm, I follow the procedure for the manual step and it does create a mirror piece of clothing as intended.

Problem is that the piece of clothing (in my case is a glove), comform to the basic Genesis 8 female, but when you move any slider, nothing happens. They do not get "transfer" to the mirrored part.

Tried over and over, with a piece of stocking as well (both the glove and stocking are single piece of clothing).

The log states the following

17:22:11 GMT+0100 (ora solare Europa occidentale): Adding "Follower/Wardrobe/Unknown" file: C:/DazX/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/!!Cosplay/Default Collar.duf

17:22:11 GMT+0100 (ora solare Europa occidentale): Adding "Follower/Wardrobe/Unknown" file: C:/DazX/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/!!Cosplay/Default Left Socks.duf

17:22:11 GMT+0100 (ora solare Europa occidentale): Adding "Follower/Wardrobe/Unknown" file: C:/DazX/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/!!Cosplay/Default Right Glove.duf

17:22:11 GMT+0100 (ora solare Europa occidentale): Adding "Follower/Wardrobe/Unknown" file: C:/DazX/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/!!Cosplay/Default Right Shirt.duf

17:22:11 GMT+0100 (ora solare Europa occidentale): Adding "Follower/Wardrobe/Unknown" file: C:/DazX/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/!!Cosplay/Default Shoes.duf

17:22:11 GMT+0100 (ora solare Europa occidentale): Adding "Follower/Wardrobe/Unknown" file: C:/DazX/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/!!Cosplay/Default Shorts.duf

17:22:34 GMT+0100 (ora solare Europa occidentale): Executing Script

17:22:34 GMT+0100 (ora solare Europa occidentale): Selecting Preset: C:/DazX/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/!!Cosplay/Default Right Glove.duf

17:22:34 GMT+0100 (ora solare Europa occidentale): Converting item from C:/DazX/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/!!Cosplay/Default Right Glove.duf to C:/DazX/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/!!Cosplay/!!Cosplay/Default Right Glove M.duf

17:22:34 GMT+0100 (ora solare Europa occidentale): Default Glove is of type Follower/Wardrobe/Glove/Right

17:22:34 GMT+0100 (ora solare Europa occidentale): Directory does not exist: C:/DazX/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/!!Cosplay/!!Cosplay

17:22:45 GMT+0100 (ora solare Europa occidentale): Copy Icons from C:/DazX/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/!!Cosplay/Default Right Glove.duf to C:/DazX/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/!!Cosplay/!!Cosplay/Default Right Glove M.duf

17:22:45 GMT+0100 (ora solare Europa occidentale): Copy Categories from C:/DazX/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/!!Cosplay/Default Right Glove.duf to C:/DazX/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/!!Cosplay/!!Cosplay/Default Right Glove M.duf

17:22:45 GMT+0100 (ora solare Europa occidentale): Cannot find assets for old preset /People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/!!Cosplay/Default Right Glove.duf

17:22:47 GMT+0100 (ora solare Europa occidentale): Execution Complete.

What exacly am I missing, or doing wrong for what matters?

I'm currencly running Daz Studio 4.20 and I install all the files manually.

• Alien Alloy said:

I'm having a bit of an issue with the script.

It runs like a charm, I follow the procedure for the manual step and it does create a mirror piece of clothing as intended.

Problem is that the piece of clothing (in my case is a glove), comform to the basic Genesis 8 female, but when you move any slider, nothing happens. They do not get "transfer" to the mirrored part.

Tried over and over, with a piece of stocking as well (both the glove and stocking are single piece of clothing).

The log states the following

17:22:11 GMT+0100 (ora solare Europa occidentale): Adding "Follower/Wardrobe/Unknown" file: C:/DazX/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/!!Cosplay/Default Collar.duf

17:22:11 GMT+0100 (ora solare Europa occidentale): Adding "Follower/Wardrobe/Unknown" file: C:/DazX/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/!!Cosplay/Default Left Socks.duf

17:22:11 GMT+0100 (ora solare Europa occidentale): Adding "Follower/Wardrobe/Unknown" file: C:/DazX/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/!!Cosplay/Default Right Glove.duf

17:22:11 GMT+0100 (ora solare Europa occidentale): Adding "Follower/Wardrobe/Unknown" file: C:/DazX/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/!!Cosplay/Default Right Shirt.duf

17:22:11 GMT+0100 (ora solare Europa occidentale): Adding "Follower/Wardrobe/Unknown" file: C:/DazX/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/!!Cosplay/Default Shoes.duf

17:22:11 GMT+0100 (ora solare Europa occidentale): Adding "Follower/Wardrobe/Unknown" file: C:/DazX/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/!!Cosplay/Default Shorts.duf

17:22:34 GMT+0100 (ora solare Europa occidentale): Executing Script

17:22:34 GMT+0100 (ora solare Europa occidentale): Selecting Preset: C:/DazX/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/!!Cosplay/Default Right Glove.duf

17:22:34 GMT+0100 (ora solare Europa occidentale): Converting item from C:/DazX/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/!!Cosplay/Default Right Glove.duf to C:/DazX/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/!!Cosplay/!!Cosplay/Default Right Glove M.duf

17:22:34 GMT+0100 (ora solare Europa occidentale): Default Glove is of type Follower/Wardrobe/Glove/Right

17:22:34 GMT+0100 (ora solare Europa occidentale): Directory does not exist: C:/DazX/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/!!Cosplay/!!Cosplay

17:22:45 GMT+0100 (ora solare Europa occidentale): Copy Icons from C:/DazX/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/!!Cosplay/Default Right Glove.duf to C:/DazX/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/!!Cosplay/!!Cosplay/Default Right Glove M.duf

17:22:45 GMT+0100 (ora solare Europa occidentale): Copy Categories from C:/DazX/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/!!Cosplay/Default Right Glove.duf to C:/DazX/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/!!Cosplay/!!Cosplay/Default Right Glove M.duf

17:22:45 GMT+0100 (ora solare Europa occidentale): Cannot find assets for old preset /People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/!!Cosplay/Default Right Glove.duf

17:22:47 GMT+0100 (ora solare Europa occidentale): Execution Complete.

What exacly am I missing, or doing wrong for what matters?

I'm currencly running Daz Studio 4.20 and I install all the files manually.

Hmmm.  Could you show me the Daz Log (Help->Troubleshooting->View Log File) from the conversion run?  That should give me more information.

•  

Hmmm.  Could you show me the Daz Log (Help->Troubleshooting->View Log File) from the conversion run?  That should give me more information.

Sure thing!

While I was there I did upgrade to Studio 4.21.
    Thanks in advance for the support. I hope we can figure this out, cause the script will really open up a world of possibilities.

txt
    txt
    log.txt
  • eshaesha Posts: 3,227

Alien Alloy said:

This is interesting.
    I have successfully used the script for rings, so it definitely works for items that conform to the hands/fingers. The question now is, why doesn't it work for your glove?
    *scratching head*

Which item is it? Is it available here at Daz?
    Could it have some special setup, like a geograft or a geoshell?

• Alien AlloyAlien Alloy Posts: 181
    edited December 2022

esha said:

Alien Alloy said:

This is interesting.
    I have successfully used the script for rings, so it definitely works for items that conform to the hands/fingers. The question now is, why doesn't it work for your glove?
    *scratching head*

Which item is it? Is it available here at Daz?
    Could it have some special setup, like a geograft or a geoshell?

It's a fan made piece of costume for a Street Fighter character called Poison.

As far as I know there is no geoshell at all.

When it is loaded on a defaulted Genesis 8F, it presents no morph as well. But when you start to apply sliders on the G8F model, they also appear on the glove as well, as it follow the shapes and all.

On the other hand, for the "mirrored" version, it doesn't. It perfectly fits the basic Female model, but the moment you touch any slider at all, from arm size to body type, etc, it doesn't carry over.

I've tried different times with different option, including in generating new geometry ID by following closely the PDF included. But nothing.
    It does mirror the piece of clothing yes, 100% but ... well as I mentioned, it doesn't follow the morphing when applied.

I've attached two quick renders for demostration.

The first one is with G8F defaulted.
    The second one is with G8F with arm thickness and body building applied.

Post edited by Alien Alloy on

Alien Alloy said:

When it is loaded on a defaulted Genesis 8F, it presents no morph as well. But when you start to apply sliders on the G8F model, they also appear on the glove as well, as it follow the shapes and all.

On the other hand, for the "mirrored" version, it doesn't. It perfectly fits the basic Female model, but the moment you touch any slider at all, from arm size to body type, etc, it doesn't carry over.

Ok, this is valuable information. It means that this item doesn't have any morphs built in, all morphs are created on the fly via auto-follow.
    This should work also for the mirrored item.

Could you please check a few things?

1) Is it correctly fitted and parented to the figure?

2) In the Scene tab, go to the Options menu > Assets > Clear Generated Morphs and see if that helps?

3) In the Parameters tab, go to the Options menu > Preferences > make sure Show Hidden Properties is on. Now check if there are any dials visible for the morphs, before and after morphing the figure.

• Please put the Viewport into Smooth Sahded mode if you need to show a nude figure - blurring and pixellation are not acceptable.

• Alien AlloyAlien Alloy Posts: 181
    edited December 2022

esha said:

Alien Alloy said:

Ok, this is valuable information. It means that this item doesn't have any morphs built in, all morphs are created on the fly via auto-follow.
    This should work also for the mirrored item.

Could you please check a few things?

1) Is it correctly fitted and parented to the figure?

2) In the Scene tab, go to the Options menu > Assets > Clear Generated Morphs and see if that helps?

3) In the Parameters tab, go to the Options menu > Preferences > make sure Show Hidden Properties is on. Now check if there are any dials visible for the morphs, before and after morphing the figure.

1) Yes, fitted and parented to the figure. I've also tried to unparent and refit it, nothing changes.

2) Tried it, but nothing changes

3) I always work with the hidden properties "un-hidden".

I've attached few screens. As you can see in the 3rd one the actual morph shows up on the glove with the the correct %, expect for example for Upper Arm Size that is missing.
    But if you check the second paramters screenshot, from the original, NON mirrored glove, it appears and it works fine.

Does anything of this helps?
    Maybe I'm missing something, or perhapse something wrong with my Daz settings?

Also I've tested one thing: On the Mirrored one if I crank up the collision Iterations to 10 and the Smoothing to 10, the gloves looks ok, but the morph over mentioned are still missing.

0003.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 378K
    0004.JPG
    382 x 115 - 15K
    0005.JPG
    814 x 202 - 37K
    0006.JPG
    810 x 242 - 42K
    Post edited by Alien Alloy on

That's really weird. I'm not even sure if it's directly related to the Mirror script or some random DS phenomenon.

Is that glove available somewhere? I would like to experiment with it myself.

• esha said:

That's really weird. I'm not even sure if it's directly related to the Mirror script or some random DS phenomenon.

Is that glove available somewhere? I would like to experiment with it myself.

It is

https://www.patreon.com/posts/46904278

It has both the main figure (not necessary) and the clothing pack in separate zip files.

You will have to manually move the clothing into a proper "clothing" directory, because the author dropped it all inside \People\custom directory.

Aside from that they work normally, beside that issue with the mirroring.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistant on this, thanks!

Thank you for that link!

Ok, this really is a special case, although I don't know why. The rigging looks perfectly normal, no reason why it should behave so crazy.

For me, it does auto-follow. The dials are generated and set to 100% when the figure is morphed, and the auto-generated morphs do something, even though they don't follow the shape perfectly.

I have found a way to make it work better (with smoothing on), but I don't know why it works and I can't guarantee that it will work for you, too. But it's worth a try:

1. With the glove loaded, run the Transfer Tool. Set G8 as source and the glove as target. Leave all other settings at default.
    2. Apply a morph to the figure. The glove will probably still not work perfectly. If it does, proceed with step 5.
    3. Delete the glove.
    4. Make sure the figure is selected (do not zero or reset it) and load the glove again. Now it will work (at least it did for me).
    5. Save it to the library: File > Save As > Support Asset > Figure/Prop Asset(s)

As I said, I don't know why this worked. It shouldn't because I didn't save it after running the transfer tool. But for some reason it does.

Please try that and let me know how it goes :)

• esha said:

Thank you for that link!

Ok, this really is a special case, although I don't know why. The rigging looks perfectly normal, no reason why it should behave so crazy.

For me, it does auto-follow. The dials are generated and set to 100% when the figure is morphed, and the auto-generated morphs do something, even though they don't follow the shape perfectly.

I have found a way to make it work better (with smoothing on), but I don't know why it works and I can't guarantee that it will work for you, too. But it's worth a try:

1. With the glove loaded, run the Transfer Tool. Set G8 as source and the glove as target. Leave all other settings at default.
    2. Apply a morph to the figure. The glove will probably still not work perfectly. If it does, proceed with step 5.
    3. Delete the glove.
    4. Make sure the figure is selected (do not zero or reset it) and load the glove again. Now it will work (at least it did for me).
    5. Save it to the library: File > Save As > Support Asset > Figure/Prop Asset(s)

As I said, I don't know why this worked. It shouldn't because I didn't save it after running the transfer tool. But for some reason it does.

Please try that and let me know how it goes :)

Works like a charm :)
    Still don't understand what mystery lies behind this extra step but at least I got it working :)

Now if I will ever find myself with props that behaves like this, I know what to do, thanks! :D

I don't understand it either. It shouldn't work but it does. It's a mystery LOL

Glad the solution is working for you, too. Happy rendering laugh

• zerozero Posts: 3

If someone has the product, can you let me know if it supports Genesis 8.1?

• thoreandanthoreandan Posts: 151

The Update Base Geometry menu has changed, now there are two "Update Vertex Positions" choices, one "from current shape" and the other "from file." Which are we supposed to choose? I tried "from current shape" but I get an error "The target geometry does not match the geometry it is updating. Vertex counts must be the same." The Import Geometry dialogue never comes up, and the resulting hair file that I was trying mirror is not mirrored and sits about a foot above the character's head. It could be unrelated to the Update Vertex Positions choice, or it could be that I'm choosing the wrong option, maybe?

I would just try Update Vertex Positions (from file), but it requires that a file be designated, and I don't know what file it is asking for.

It seems "from file" is the right choice now, and the "file" to select is the object file in the Working directory. This is a little different from the process described in the manual, which makes this selection appear to be two different steps. It might be a good idea to update if possible.

However, it still didn't mirror what I was trying to mirror, Karla Hair for Genesis 8 Females: https://www.daz3d.com/karla-hair-for-genesis-8-females. It runs without errors now, but the resulting "M" labeled hair loads on the floor in front of the character, in a different orientation.

I've attached the log file, from the time the script was opened, and a screenshot showing where the hair is loading.

txt
    txt
    log.txt
    Screenshot - 4_5_2023 , 1_34_34 PM.jpg
    609 x 611 - 27K

Hmmm... I don't have that particular hair, but I have Windfield Hair by the same artist: https://www.daz3d.com/windfield
    So I used that for testing the script, and it worked fine for me. I used Genesis 8 Female as a base figure, not 8.1 - not sure if that makes a difference, just thought to mention it.

It's true that the Update Geometry dialog has changed. I used the second option, "Update Vertex Positions from File" and chose the file that the script exported during the previous part of the process. It is located in the Working Directory which you specify in the script's settings.

You do have a point about updating the instructions. I'll talk to RiverSoft Art about the best way to do that.

Regarding your specific problem, I can only guess, but my guess would be that perhaps your scaling factor was wrong? In the import dialog, make sure you use the "Daz Studio" preset.

esha said:

Hmmm... I don't have that particular hair, but I have Windfield Hair by the same artist: https://www.daz3d.com/windfield
    So I used that for testing the script, and it worked fine for me. I used Genesis 8 Female as a base figure, not 8.1 - not sure if that makes a difference, just thought to mention it.

It's true that the Update Geometry dialog has changed. I used the second option, "Update Vertex Positions from File" and chose the file that the script exported during the previous part of the process. It is located in the Working Directory which you specify in the script's settings.

You do have a point about updating the instructions. I'll talk to RiverSoft Art about the best way to do that.

Regarding your specific problem, I can only guess, but my guess would be that perhaps your scaling factor was wrong? In the import dialog, make sure you use the "Daz Studio" preset.

Thank you for the response. I definitely had the scaling factor correct, but I just typed in 100%, I didn't specifically click on the Daz Studio preset, so I don't know if that changes anything other than scaling factor. I haven't had time to test it again, in the meantime I just used the "-100%" x-scale trick and that worked well enough for my purposes, but I will try some other hairs and see if I have the same problem. I'm not sure which of Windfield's hairs you were referring to, I don't think there's one actually called Windfield Hair, at least I couldn't find it in the store.

Yes, I'd be interested to know if other hairs work for you. smiley

And you're right, seems I mixed up artist and product names (sorry about that!). I meant https://www.daz3d.com/fayre-hair-for-genesis-8-and-81-females