[Released] RSE Mirror Geometry for Genesis 8 [Commercial]

Comments

• Cybersox said:

Hmmm.  Another excellent idea, another product that I fear I shall inevitably find myself forced to purchase.   I do hope you realize, Good Sir, that as a result of your actions, Tiny Tim and the Cratchit clan shall not be receiving their expected Xmas dinner this year, so I truly hope that you are ashamed of yourself and are prepared to expect the consequences. 

My former partner, Marley, has asked me to pass along word that you should expect visitiations by the Ghost of Xmas Purcharses Past, the Ghost of DAZ Promotions Present and the Ghost of Product Releases Yet to Come.  Based on personal experience, I would advise you to dress more warmly than a nightshirt or a piece of DAZ skimpwear. 

Bah, Humbug and Season's Greetings,

E. Dazebneezer Scrooge.

LOL.  Thank goodness I have submitted a Christmas freebie, thereby making a donation to you, the poor laugh

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,692
    edited December 2019
    JOdel said:

Oh, now this looks useful. I'm assuming that there is no particular issue using it on converted clothing items?

I have to admit I haven't tried it on converted clothes.  Some JCMs might not convert properly as the standard naming convention was different in earlier generations, but the rest should convert.  I will have to find time to test.

I misread the last sentence of your above quote as, "I will have to find time to rest." I thought, "Poor thing." Thanks to you and esha for making this possible.

Post edited by xyer0 on
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

I picture you as a mad scientist cackling evilly as your creations tear holes in my pocketbook. 

Have you no mercy, sir? No mercy?

:)

Looking forward to this and thank you again. Keep the hits coming. :)

• xyer0 said:
    JOdel said:

Oh, now this looks useful. I'm assuming that there is no particular issue using it on converted clothing items?

I have to admit I haven't tried it on converted clothes.  Some JCMs might not convert properly as the standard naming convention was different in earlier generations, but the rest should convert.  I will have to find time to test.

I misread the last sentence of your above quote as, "I will have to find time to rest." I thought, "Poor thing." Thanks to you and esha for making this possible.

LOL.  That too.  I could use the rest.  You're welcome!

• RKane_1 said:

I picture you as a mad scientist cackling evilly as your creations tear holes in my pocketbook. 

Have you no mercy, sir? No mercy?

:)

Looking forward to this and thank you again. Keep the hits coming. :)

Cackle?!?  I never cackle!  It is undignified.  An evil chuckle however?! laugh

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,151
    edited December 2019
    Cybersox said:

Hmmm.  Another excellent idea, another product that I fear I shall inevitably find myself forced to purchase.   I do hope you realize, Good Sir, that as a result of your actions, Tiny Tim and the Cratchit clan shall not be receiving their expected Xmas dinner this year, so I truly hope that you are ashamed of yourself and are prepared to expect the consequences.

My former partner, Marley, has asked me to pass along word that you should expect visitiations by the Ghost of Xmas Purcharses Past, the Ghost of DAZ Promotions Present and the Ghost of Product Releases Yet to Come.  Based on personal experience, I would advise you to dress more warmly than a nightshirt or a piece of DAZ skimpwear.

E. Dazebneezer Scrooge.

LOL.  Thank goodness I have submitted a Christmas freebie, thereby making a donation to you, the poor laugh

All donations gratefully received here too! (Wonder what it is? surprisesmiley)

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • And it is released!

• I love your work!  I have a question about your new product.  I save my individual actors complete with clothing and hair as "Scene subsets".    How is your RSE Mirror Geometry product different or the same?  Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. 

• eshaesha Posts: 3,227
    jimmiedee said:

I love your work!  I have a question about your new product.  I save my individual actors complete with clothing and hair as "Scene subsets".    How is your RSE Mirror Geometry product different or the same?  Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. 

It's something else entirely.

With Mirror Geometry you can mirror the mesh and the rigging. With symmetrical items you won't see much difference, but when you have an asymmetric dress or hairstyle the difference will be very obvious.
    Let's say your favorite hairstyle covers the figure's left eye. With Mirror Geometry you can mirror it so it covers the right eye and leaves the left side free.
    It will create a new preset for that hair in your library, and from there you can load it onto your character like any other content, and then you can save it as a scene, a scene subset or any other way you like.

Hope that helps?

• esha said:
    jimmiedee said:

I love your work!  I have a question about your new product.  I save my individual actors complete with clothing and hair as "Scene subsets".    How is your RSE Mirror Geometry product different or the same?  Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. 

It's something else entirely.

With Mirror Geometry you can mirror the mesh and the rigging. With symmetrical items you won't see much difference, but when you have an asymmetric dress or hairstyle the difference will be very obvious.
    Let's say your favorite hairstyle covers the figure's left eye. With Mirror Geometry you can mirror it so it covers the right eye and leaves the left side free.
    It will create a new preset for that hair in your library, and from there you can load it onto your character like any other content, and then you can save it as a scene, a scene subset or any other way you like.

Hope that helps?

Ah, I understand now  Thank you clearing that up for me!

You're welcome! smiley

• mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,028
    edited December 2019

I can just do a -100 on the (if I remember right) y-axis (and it will "flip stuff on the horizonal) w/out buying this product. What extra finctionality does it provide?

Post edited by mcorr on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,890

mcorr: Have you tried?

Flipping can work with hair and some vests, but almost any clothing with sleeves or pants with legs, 'flipping' turns it into a mangled mess.

Exactly. Try the -100 trick on items that use left/right body parts and it will twist up from top to bottom. Also, you can't use the -100 trick on items that conform to only one side of the figure, like wristguards, rings etc.

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,009

When it comes to flipping I'd like to be able to use cars: but they are all set up (well, almost all) to drive on the wrong side of the road. Would your prop process be modifiable to do something like that? I'm guessing cars are all individual and messy, so no.

• mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,028
    Oso3D said:

mcorr: Have you tried?

Flipping can work with hair and some vests, but almost any clothing with sleeves or pants with legs, 'flipping' turns it into a mangled mess.

It's worked with what I've needed to flip until now, but if there's stuff that won't flip, then that would be the utility of this product. Will have to wait to buy it though until I encounter a flipping irregularity or emergency.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254

I've filpped props and sets with the -100 trick for years. It generally works well enough on things that don't have lettering on them (it does reverse the UVs). But clothing is a whole different ball game. 

Got it, have downloaded it, and am looking forward to having it in my library.

I'm assuming that this one probably ought to be installed in the same library as the relevant clothing items, or does it throw its data file into the library at the head of the list, too?

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

Are there plans in the future for a Genesis 3 release or earlier generations?  

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333
    Cybersox said:

E. Dazebneezer Scrooge.

Ha HA HA!  You completely made my day.  Thank you!

dracorn said:

Genesis 3, yes, in a little while. Earlier generations, probably not, at least we have no plans for that currently.

JOdel said:

I'm assuming that this one probably ought to be installed in the same library as the relevant clothing items, or does it throw its data file into the library at the head of the list, too?

Not necessarily. I have the script installed in my Genesis 8 library and all hair in a separate library and I can mirror the hair without having a copy of the script in the Hair library. The library where you have the script needs to be "plugged in", though. If you remove it in the content directory manager DS will not be able to access the script.
    And you should make sure to set the output directory correctly so the items end up in the library where they belong, to keep things tidy.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

So my question about this, for those that make stuff to sell or give away, does the vertex order remain the same so if I were to take a mirrored fit into ZBrush for more work would I have issues sending it back to DAZ Studio?  

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,902
    esha said:
    dracorn said:

Genesis 3, yes, in a little while. Earlier generations, probably not, at least we have no plans for that currently.

Not a product for me then... sad

RAMWolff said:

So my question about this, for those that make stuff to sell or give away, does the vertex order remain the same so if I were to take a mirrored fit into ZBrush for more work would I have issues sending it back to DAZ Studio?  

The vertex order remains the same. However, if you load a morph of the original item onto the mirrored item you will get what you load; it will then have the shape of the original and not a mirrored version of the morph.

But if you make all the morphs first and mirror the item afterwards, all morphs will be mirrored, too.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Cool.  Thanks hon! 

• tombraider4evertombraider4ever Posts: 659
    edited March 2020

Edit: Nevermind, I had a bug when running this script on Daz Studio 4.10, I use that version still beacause I get less details and jagged edges on later version so for me that's the right version. I  stupidly didn't think to try the latest general release of Daz Studio, and of course it worked as it should on that Daz Studio version. I'm sorry to complain when it was me who did the misstake. I followed the tutorial to the letter so I couldn't see what I did wrong, it should say somwhere that you have to use Daz Studio 4.12 (and/or perhaps 4.11, I didn't try that) for thoose of us who don't think of trying the latest version of Daz Studio before complaing lol.  It worked almost perfectly in 4.12, I only got one error message on one outfit that some morphs were missing, and some preset blow style and styles for the hairs didn't adjust to the changed geometry, part of the hair went through the body and head. I tried some of the movement and style morphs for the hairs and they seam to work correctly. 

Post edited by tombraider4ever on
  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,371

Edit: Nevermind, I had a bug when running this script on Daz Studio 4.10, I use that version still beacause I get less details and jagged edges on later version so for me that's the right version. I  stupidly didn't think to try the latest general release of Daz Studio, and of course it worked as it should on that Daz Studio version. I'm sorry to complain when it was me who did the misstake. I followed the tutorial to the letter so I couldn't see what I did wrong, it should say somwhere that you have to use Daz Studio 4.12 (and/or perhaps 4.11, I didn't try that) for thoose of us who don't think of trying the latest version of Daz Studio before complaing lol.  It worked almost perfectly in 4.12, I only got one error message on one outfit that some morphs were missing, and some preset blow style and styles for the hairs didn't adjust to the changed geometry, part of the hair went through the body and head. I tried some of the movement and style morphs for the hairs and they seam to work correctly. 

I can't say for sure without looking at every API call, but it should have worked in v4.10.  It could be that your v4.10 has some irregularities built up in it causing problems, while 4.12 is a new install and has less problems?

• Edit: Nevermind, I had a bug when running this script on Daz Studio 4.10, I use that version still beacause I get less details and jagged edges on later version so for me that's the right version. I  stupidly didn't think to try the latest general release of Daz Studio, and of course it worked as it should on that Daz Studio version. I'm sorry to complain when it was me who did the misstake. I followed the tutorial to the letter so I couldn't see what I did wrong, it should say somwhere that you have to use Daz Studio 4.12 (and/or perhaps 4.11, I didn't try that) for thoose of us who don't think of trying the latest version of Daz Studio before complaing lol.  It worked almost perfectly in 4.12, I only got one error message on one outfit that some morphs were missing, and some preset blow style and styles for the hairs didn't adjust to the changed geometry, part of the hair went through the body and head. I tried some of the movement and style morphs for the hairs and they seam to work correctly. 

I can't say for sure without looking at every API call, but it should have worked in v4.10.  It could be that your v4.10 has some irregularities built up in it causing problems, while 4.12 is a new install and has less problems?

My 4.10 works without issues most of the time and I haven't made any changes to it, don't know anything about programming so I don't know how it can have  irregularities. It crashes sometimes and I get a duplicates error when loading G3 female but other than that it works fine. I only use 4.10 as I get less details and jagged edges in 4.11 and 4.12. I don't think I could have done anything wrong as I followed you tutorial very carefully. Anyway I'm glad I got it to work on 4.12, I'm buying the Genesis 3 version as soon as it goes on a good sale smiley

My 4.10 works without issues most of the time and I haven't made any changes to it, don't know anything about programming so I don't know how it can have  irregularities. It crashes sometimes and I get a duplicates error when loading G3 female but other than that it works fine. I only use 4.10 as I get less details and jagged edges in 4.11 and 4.12. I don't think I could have done anything wrong as I followed you tutorial very carefully. Anyway I'm glad I got it to work on 4.12, I'm buying the Genesis 3 version as soon as it goes on a good sale smiley

What I meant is exactly what you described, duplicate errors, etc.  Little things that don't seem to matter for when you do stuff with the mouse and keyboard, but seem to cause more serious errors when called from scripts.

Anyway, I am happy you got it working!

• lumiasartlumiasart Posts: 126

Apologies for bringing this thread back to life but I'm trying this product and I keep getting the same error "VAL_NicoleADress (Follower) is not a prop of Follower/Wardrobe,Follower/Accessory,Preset/Wearables,Follower/Hair" I'm very new to things so I imagine I may be making some mistake...? I tried with other dresses and they work.
    The file is this https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-nicole-agent-outfit-for-genesis-8-females and I'm only selecting the dress.duf

thanks in advance! :)

Screenshot (45).png
    1463 x 1148 - 137K
    Screenshot (47).png
    1663 x 1149 - 258K
    Screenshot (49).png
    788 x 1143 - 127K
    Screenshot (50).png
    708 x 1131 - 126K

UnderlandDigital said:

Apologies for bringing this thread back to life but I'm trying this product and I keep getting the same error "VAL_NicoleADress (Follower) is not a prop of Follower/Wardrobe,Follower/Accessory,Preset/Wearables,Follower/Hair" I'm very new to things so I imagine I may be making some mistake...? I tried with other dresses and they work.
    The file is this https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-nicole-agent-outfit-for-genesis-8-females and I'm only selecting the dress.duf

thanks in advance! :)

The metadata is slightly off.  Try SELECTING the item in the list and clicking Force Mirror.