[Released! HD Face Burns for G8F + Add-On] FenixPhoenix's Commercial Products

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,222

yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyseyseyseyseyes

• Gordig said:

yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyseyseyseyseyes

Glad you're excited! We'll be working on HD Body Burns as well. So if there's a specific type of body burn you'd like to see, you are welcome to PM me references or post them here and I'll pass them onto Esid! :)

• freddy krueger, is that you? Can you do the scarring like freddy as an option. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee?laugh

• AnEye4Art said:

freddy krueger, is that you? Can you do the scarring like freddy as an option. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee?laugh

I'm experimenting with it and I think I can do that :). It'll need to be included in the texture add-on alongside the charred version. I'm hoping I'll be able to have both versions share some maps to save users some disk space.

I'll post some renders once I check how the textures look like in DAZ.

• You're awesome!!!! Thanks.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,099
    edited September 2020

Any chance you could do something with wrestlers' or boxers' body "wounds," or the way the body indents after, for example, a boxer takes a gut punch, or a wrestler gets a pec claw? So, perhaps wounds is not what I should call them, but I'm referring to body indentations, or even some of the body serging outward. And I'm referring to the torso, rather than the head, arms or legs.

Post edited by inquire on
  • inquire said:

Any chance you could do something with wrestlers' or boxers' body "wounds," or the way the body indents after, for example, a boxer takes a gut punch, or a wrestler gets a pec claw? So, perhaps wounds is not what I should call them, but I'm referring to body indentations, or even some of the body serging outward. And I'm referring to the torso, rather than the head, arms or legs.

I know exactly what you mean. I had talked to Esid about creating morphs for "getting hit" effects back when we worked on the Bruises Pack of Morphs. However, we figured that for this one to work, we would need to create a pose pack to go along with it. And neither I nor Esid like posing at all, lol. So we had to move on to other ideas. I do wonder, however, if the new Ghost Dynamics (which I haven't yet bought) would do the trick?

inquire said:

I know exactly what you mean. I had talked to Esid about creating morphs for "getting hit" effects back when we worked on the Bruises Pack of Morphs. However, we figured that for this one to work, we would need to create a pose pack to go along with it. And neither I nor Esid like posing at all, lol. So we had to move on to other ideas. I do wonder, however, if the new Ghost Dynamics (which I haven't yet bought) would do the trick?

I'd be happy to collaborate with you on posing if you decide to pursue this.

• Gordig said:
    inquire said:

I'd be happy to collaborate with you on posing if you decide to pursue this.

We'll definitely keep it in mind if and when we revisit this idea, as we have some other projects already planned down the line :)!

Hopefully by the time this is out, I'll be completely finished with Zuko's iconic season one look.

• Cool. I've been happy with all the previous scars and wounds. Can't wait. Keep 'em coming.

• @Gordig, your Zuko looks great! I think there's a samurai hair in the store like the one he has on season 1, correct (or did I imagine it?). I actually gave a Zuko fanart wink with the cover for the product ;). I've just submitted the product to PASS, so hopefully, it'll launch sometime next month. In the meantime, I'm working on the texture expansion for Charred/Carbonized & Raw LIE Presets, for those who'd like to do a Harvey Dent style of burn!

Cool. I've been happy with all the previous scars and wounds. Can't wait. Keep 'em coming.

Thank you for your support! Esid also started working on "Stitched Face Wounds" (with each wound including a version for it being "stitched" and "stapled" for greater variation). 

@Gordig, your Zuko looks great! I think there's a samurai hair in the store like the one he has on season 1, correct (or did I imagine it?).

There are samurai-style hairs, but nothing like he has in season one, at least that I've seen. 

I vaguely remember seeing something like that in another store, but can't for the life of me track it down now. Anyway, I've already recreated his hair, it just isn't visible in that render (and I think it's saved in a different file anyway). I'm basically done with Katara's clothing, but her hair is beyond my current skills, so I may just swap her out for Aang in the animation I'm working on.

I actually gave a Zuko fanart wink with the cover for the product ;)

That certainly wasn't lost on me.

• Gordig said:
    I vaguely remember seeing something like that in another store, but can't for the life of me track it down now. Anyway, I've already recreated his hair, it just isn't visible in that render (and I think it's saved in a different file anyway). I'm basically done with Katara's clothing, but her hair is beyond my current skills, so I may just swap her out for Aang in the animation I'm working on.

I have the same feeling but maybe we imagined it, lol. I know that "Ali" over at the other store has a Korra hair for V4. I went to check if he/she had perhaps done a Zuko one, but no luck. Katara's hair is quite specific. Other than using a wavy hair from the store and post-working the two strands of hair with the beads, I wouldn't know how to do it. I've yet to vide into the Strand Based Hair editor or use SBH much, tbh.

edited September 2020

Oh, if only the hair loopies were the only challenge:

Also, I'm animating, so postwork isn't an option.

I should also mention that I'm working in C4D, which has very robust hair creation tools, so I'm not limited to Daz assets. Even still, though, her hair is a lot to take on. Granted, I'm doing that thing I do where I make things unnecessarily hard on myself. It would be trivial to give her loose, wavy hair with hair loopies, but that's not the Gordig way.

Post edited by Gordig on
  • Gordig said:
    I should also mention that I'm working in C4D, which has very robust hair creation tools, so I'm not limited to Daz assets. Even still, though, her hair is a lot to take on. Granted, I'm doing that thing I do where I make things unnecessarily hard on myself. It would be trivial to give her loose, wavy hair with hair loopies, but that's not the Gordig way.

Loved that! Meanwhile, when it comes to render for promo-work/products, the easy way is the Fenix's way, since I still need to accomplish a deadline! XD

----

Which reminds me, I have just started rendering the Raw & Carbonized textures for the HD Face Burns add-on (there are used for the icons and the "technical promos"). I'm hoping to showcase here some of them later today or tomorrow at the latest. I extended some of these beyond the morph, so people can either aim for Harvey Dent or Freddi Kruger. ;)

edited September 2020

Waiting eagerly...

Post edited by Gordig on
  • Gordig said:

Waiting eagerly...

The outfit looks great so far! The product has been submitted and accepted, of course waiting for testing is usually the longest part. At the very least, i finished the presets for the charred & raw burns textures Friday. So i should be able to post a few examples on Monday :).
  • TercelTercel Posts: 100

Hi, I know that AprilYSH used to have a horsetail hair freebie that might work for Zuko's hair.  I'm not sure if it's still available or not, and it was for Michael 4, but can likely be fitted as needed if it's still on the go. 

Appreciate the suggestions, but I've got the hair under control.

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,028
    edited October 2020

Took longer than I expected, but we've just submitted:

HD Face Burns Texture Add-On for Genesis 8 Male(s)

A collection of 36 LIE Iray Matrial Presets for Carbonized Burns and 36 LIE Iray Matrial Presets for Raw Burn textures.

And because we know characters come in various colors, we have included two sets of LIE Iray Material Presets: the Light set and the Dark (which will blend better with darker or unusual skins) which will ensure a good texture blend with the underlying skin. With this pack, you get 72 Carbonized Presets & 72 Raw Presets for a total of 144 LIE Iray Material Presets. And with the ability to mix and match them, you are in for even greater variation!

Like with our other packs, these can be combined to help add valuable subtext to your images, allowing you to build characters marked by hardships and pain. But who, ultimately, must wear the badges life has bestowed upon them… Whether they'll wear them with pride, shame or pain is up to you!

Note: This product only includes textures. To get the HD Morphs you will need the base product. Having said that, as shown in some of the promos, you can certainly use these textures without the morphs. This can also be used on Generation 3 Characters so long as they use the Base UVs.

Also, keep in mind that these presets were set up to work with most skins based on where maps are laid. Results will vary for characters with missing spec maps or which are built using N.G.S. Anagenessis shader system.

I'm sharing some of the promos below:

MFBA_Main.jpg
    1245 x 1618 - 2M
    MFBA_Popup01.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
    MFBA_Popup02.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 924K
    MFBA_Popup06.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
    MFBA_Popup05.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
    MFBA_Popup09.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 987K
    MFBA_Popup16.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1004K
    MFBA_Popup19.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 967K
    MFBA_Popup23.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
    MFBA_Popup17.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
    Post edited by FenixPhoenix on
    edited October 2020

Your move.

Zuklothes final.png
    800 x 1200 - 613K
    Post edited by Gordig on
    edited October 2020
    Gordig said:

Your move.

The clothing looks spot on! I'm hoping the product launches later this month. HD Face Burns for Genesis 8 Male(s) just finished testing and it's moved on to the next phase. However, the add-on still needs to be tested and they need to launch together, so hopefully it'll also pass the test without issues.

In the meantime, we're currently finishing the promos for the female version so we can upload it onto pass and then proceed to work on it's add-on as well. Here's a sneak peak. While we mostly did the same type of burn placement, the morph is still different from the male version.

FFB_Popup17.png
    1300 x 1000 - 570K
    Post edited by FenixPhoenix on

Can't wait.

• plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,020

Thank you so much for this! I've been putting off doing stuff with Two-Face since I hadn't found a solution I liked yet, and you just solved all my problems. laugh 

Thank you so much for this! I've been putting off doing stuff with Two-Face since I hadn't found a solution I liked yet, and you just solved all my problems. laugh 

Thank you for your support and interest. Yes, the add-on should allow you to create fanart of Two-Face. While the add-on looks the best when used in combination with the base product's morphs, the textures can still be used by themselves. Also worth noting, the textures should apply to G3 Males since they use the same UVs as G8M.

• plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,020

Thank you for your support and interest. Yes, the add-on should allow you to create fanart of Two-Face. While the add-on looks the best when used in combination with the base product's morphs, the textures can still be used by themselves. Also worth noting, the textures should apply to G3 Males since they use the same UVs as G8M.

Awesome! :D I'll definitely end up with the morphs too. 

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,711
    edited October 2020

Dear FenixPhoenix,

I need Short Fingernails (clipped to the nubs), Dirty Fingernails (dirt underneath the nails), Bloody Fingernails (blood underneath the nails), and combinations. Of course, each nail would need to be different. If you want to get ridiculous, throw in the toenails too. This would be a great complement to your other packs. And a great help to me in closeups. (I forgot to say Please).

With gratitude,

xyer0

Post edited by xyer0 on
    xyer0 said:

Dear FenixPhoenix,

I need Short Fingernails (clipped to the nubs), Dirty Fingernails (dirt underneath the nails), Bloody Fingernails (blood underneath the nails), and combinations. Of course, each nail would need to be different. If you want to get ridiculous, throw in the toenails too. This would be a great complement to your other packs. And a great help to me in closeups. (I forgot to say Please).

With gratitude,

xyer0

Great idea! We are planning a product wherein this could be incorporated. We still need to finish other products first (which we've already started on), but it's definitely on the list! I'll let you know when we start working on it! Thanks for the suggestion!

edited October 2020

HD Face Burns Texture Add-On for Genesis 8 Female(s)

Has been finished and submitted. It's similar to the male pack, with some slight variations with the morphs. I'm attaching some screenshots below!

FFB_Popup01.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 841K
    FFB_Popup06.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 815K
    FFB_Popup09.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 792K
    FFB_Popup04.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 828K
    FFB_Popup12.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 907K
    FFB_Popup13.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 863K