[Released! HD Face Burns for G8F + Add-On] FenixPhoenix's Commercial Products

Comments

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,028
    edited October 2020

HD Face Burns Texture Add-On for Genesis 8 Female(s)

This pack has also been finished and submitted. I'm attaching some of the promos below!

FFBA_Popup01.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 2M
    FFBA_Popup03.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1016K
    FFBA_Popup04.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
    FFBA_Popup09.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
    FFBA_Popup05.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 972K
    FFBA_Popup15.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
    FFBA_Popup20.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 967K
    FFBA_Popup14.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
    FFBA-Main.jpg
    1245 x 1618 - 2M
    FFBA_Popup18.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
    Post edited by FenixPhoenix on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,711

These look great! I'm also interested in acid burns (that cover at least one eye). And thank you for okaying my suggestion/request.

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702

Hopefully this will be out this week.

The HD Face Burn Pack could get you sort of there, but we didn't include "melted face" morphs. We opted to go less grotesque because we believe those types of burns would sell better. Having said that, if this pack does well, we could definitely explore/experiment with these more extreme morphs. The key would be if we can make them work with most shapes/mixed shapes. I know we talked about possibly using geographs for more extreme burns (imagine the ear just melted onto the head, similar to how "Charlie Carver" from Rtached has it). We'll keep you posted on whether we end up exploring this, though.

@xyer0, noted regarding the acid burns. We'll also keep you posted on whether we end up exploring that. But your other request we'll do for sure, it's just a matter of figuring out when would be a good time to work on it and release it :).

@AnEye4Art, Let's just say, the male pack will be out very soon. ;) The Female Pack will probably be out until next month, since it still hasn't been tested.

ratched-liz-femi-charlie-carver-1600073516.jpg
    480 x 480 - 27K
  • XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

That looks close enough for use with shadowing, I think. Properly melted flesh shaping morphs are probably relevant for for high-temperature burning.

The level of detailing is all very impressive.

edited October 2020

That looks close enough for use with shadowing, I think. Properly melted flesh shaping morphs are probably relevant for for high-temperature burning.

The level of detailing is all very impressive.

Yes, the current HD Face Burn morphs look even better when adding shadows. I had to use less shadows because I needed to showcase the texture, but these two promos might give you a better idea of that.

MFB_Popup19.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 875K
    MFB_Popup21.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1M

Oh, snap. Now you've done it!!

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,711

And it's out! Looks great! I can't wait to get home to my machine this weekend and play.

I also have a use for a charred corpse.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,221

In cart.

Thank you for your support! And indeed, HD Face Burns for Genesis 8 Male(s) and its Texture Add-On is out now!

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,221
    edited October 2020

Moving everything into DS piece by piece.

Zuko menace Iray rough.png
    1200 x 1600 - 1M
    Post edited by Gordig on
    edited October 2020
    Gordig said:

Moving everything into DS piece by piece.

He's looking awesome, @Gordig! Thanks for sharing!

edited October 2020
    edited October 2020
    Is it me or does the burn scars look much more sinister on the female than the male. Awesome as always. Keep up the good work.
    Post edited by AnEye4Art on
    AnEye4Art said:
    Is it me or does the burn scars look much more sinister on the female than the male. Awesome as always. Keep up the good work.

Thank you! I agree regarding the creepy factor. I used Tara 8 for both covers and I feel like her shape structured coupled with her skin settings yielded a very sinister figure indeed!

Face Burns for G8F and its Texture Add-Oh has now been released!

Btw, just thought I'd let you all know that we plan to produce a "Body Burns" pack for G8F and G8M (+ Texture add-ons) as well :)!

• I have only one request: do it with geoshells too, please)

• I have only one request: do it with geoshells too, please)

Hi dankodanai, we've just now started to experiment with Geoshells. My impression was that Geoshell duplicated the character geometry which is why I was hesitant to use them. So far, it seems that using geoshells impact render times, but keep you eye out because we'll be using them in combination with LIE going forward.

In regards to the Body Burns will still be using LIE for not only the sake of consistency, but to ensure the best blend possible across different colors of skins.

But we have plans for skin dirt and skin blood products which will make use of geoshells. As well as the product we're currently working on (Sci-fi tattoos) which can be applied either directing onto the character's skin, or on a geoshell that will sit just below the skin.

• Nice to hear!)

• Great product. Just trying to understand the workflow. I cant seem to get the scarring to show up in scene nor render view. was wondering if you had a vid tut on using it?

• Sorry  to bother. But i was wondering if I made a mistake when applying the normal map, because it apparently just applies the default genesis 8 female textures and replaces all my textures.

In addition, I'm not sure why, but applying any LIE to the texture I'm aiming for, even with a normal map, results in a drastic skin tone change

Great product. Just trying to understand the workflow. I cant seem to get the scarring to show up in scene nor render view. was wondering if you had a vid tut on using it?

Apologies, I dont know why I missed this message, are you referring to the morphs or the textures?

Sorry  to bother. But i was wondering if I made a mistake when applying the normal map, because it apparently just applies the default genesis 8 female textures and replaces all my textures.

In addition, I'm not sure why, but applying any LIE to the texture I'm aiming for, even with a normal map, results in a drastic skin tone change

That should definitely not happened. So when you apply the empty map, you get the default females maps? As to the drastic change of tone, could you show screenshots so I know what you mean? Does the character have low translucency? Are you referring to the base textures or the add-on textures? I won't be able to fully check since electricity went of yesterday night due to a downpour here and they haven't repaired the service yet. But I will get back to you as soon as I can. There is a read me included with information on what each preset does, though. Since using one of the presets to change the translucency value will indeed affect the color of the entire skin.
    edited June 2021

analogupstudios said:

Great product. Just trying to understand the workflow. I cant seem to get the scarring to show up in scene nor render view. was wondering if you had a vid tut on using it?

I have electricity back so now I can give a better response. So if you are referring to the burn morphs, you won't really see them in viewport unless you increase the "SubDivision Level" under of your character, which should be under Parameters > Mesh Resolution. The scripts we included only increase the "Render SubD Level" to ensure that the burns render correctly. Keep in mind that once you manually increase the viewpor "SubDivision Level" DAZ automatically also increases the render subD, so you'll need to accomodate for that. For the burns to show you would need SubDivision Level to be at least 3. And for rendering, depending on how sharp you want the effect to look, you want the Render SubD Level to be either 3 or 4. There is a section of the readme that covers all this, which I'm attaching below (although there is a script in the product that should bring up the installed readme).

BTW, Page 10 of the read-me discusses SubDivision.

pdf
    pdf
    HDFaceBurnsF_ReadMe.pdf
    5M
    edited June 2021

kiloechonov3337 said:

Sorry  to bother. But i was wondering if I made a mistake when applying the normal map, because it apparently just applies the default genesis 8 female textures and replaces all my textures.

In addition, I'm not sure why, but applying any LIE to the texture I'm aiming for, even with a normal map, results in a drastic skin tone change.

Now that I have electricity back, I was able to check the preset that should've applied the empty normal map of the base product and you are correct, I saved it wrongly and it was applying Base Genesis 8 Female maps instead. I've just submitted a fix for that, but since it will take a while before it hits the store (as it needs to be retested by DAZ), I'm attaching here the fix. Just merge the folder into your Content Library (My DAZ 3D Library) and the file should be corrected.

As to the change of tone, I'll wait to hear more about the issue from you since I wouldn't know where to look otherwise. The only thing I can think of is that you're applying the Translucency Presets. In case you also missed the read me (I'm assuming we are discussing the base product) I'm attaching it here as well. Page 11 discusses the translucency presets and even shows how the skin will be altered if you decide to use them. The problem with LIE is that there isn't a standard process when it comes to doing skins, so characters all vary substantially which makes it difficult to create a product that works perfectly with all of them. That's also why we decided to go with geoshells for the body burns since we can ensure the textures look how they should.

I also recommend using "Content Library" to apply this product rather than smart content, since it's organized in a way that makes more sense. Even I get confused when I see the product in Smart Content since they basically get rid of all my folders.

zip
    zip
    HD Face Burns for G8F.zip
    pdf
    pdf
    HDFaceBurnsF_ReadMe.pdf
    5M
  • FenixPhoenix said:

kiloechonov3337 said:

In addition, I'm not sure why, but applying any LIE to the texture I'm aiming for, even with a normal map, results in a drastic skin tone change.

Now that I have electricity back, I was able to check the preset that should've applied the empty normal map of the base product and you are correct, I saved it wrongly and it was applying Base Genesis 8 Female maps instead. I've just submitted a fix for that, but since it will take a while before it hits the store (as it needs to be retested by DAZ), I'm attaching here the fix. Just merge the folder into your Content Library (My DAZ 3D Library) and the file should be corrected.

As to the change of tone, I'll wait to hear more about the issue from you since I wouldn't know where to look otherwise. The only thing I can think of is that you're applying the Translucency Presets. In case you also missed the read me (I'm assuming we are discussing the base product) I'm attaching it here as well. Page 11 discusses the translucency presets and even shows how the skin will be altered if you decide to use them. The problem with LIE is that there isn't a standard process when it comes to doing skins, so characters all vary substantially which makes it difficult to create a product that works perfectly with all of them. That's also why we decided to go with geoshells for the body burns since we can ensure the textures look how they should.

I also recommend using "Content Library" to apply this product rather than smart content, since it's organized in a way that makes more sense. Even I get confused when I see the product in Smart Content since they basically get rid of all my folders.

The fix worked great. I think the apply normal map-thing was messing up the settings so I thought the tone changed or something. I've not been able to replicate it again.

I was wondering what should I do to make the scars more "bumpy"? The normal map is already set at two, but i see only the normal map and diffuse seem to have the "deformities?" of the scars

edited June 2021

@kiloechonov3337, I'm glad to hear the issue has been resolved the with fix, I was worried about that. In regards to how to make the skin "bumpier" that comes from the HD Morph. So there's two things you can do:

1. Ensure you are using a subdivision of 4. The read-me explains how to manually change the subdivision in case the scripts didn't yield the result you wanted. The following promo shows the difference.

2. This is how the burn was designed, however, if you wanted to push it, you could always break the limits of the morph and dial in a higher percentage. To do that:

• Navigate to the parameters tab (window > pane > parameters) and locate the morph you want to accentuate.
    • In the upper corner of the dial (above the percentage) you'll see a small gear icon. Click on it > Parameter Settings...
    • That will open up a window, wherein you'll see "Use Limits" with a checkmark. Click on the box to get rid of the checkmark and that will disable the limits.
    • Or, you can also increase the "Max" percentage from 100 to maybe 150-160% and hit accept.
    • Now you'll be able to dial in the morph at a bigger amount. Just keep in mind that dialing it too much may result in skin pokethrough.

Notice in this promo example how I broke the limit of the ear morph to dial the burn up to 150%:

---

A third way to accentuate the burn would be to stack presets. Meaning, you apply the same preset twice. However, that will only darken the coloring of the burn, not necessarily add to the "bumpiness" of it, as shown in the following promo:

• FenixPhoenix said:

2. This is how the burn was designed, however, if you wanted to push it, you could always break the limits of the morph and dial in a higher percentage. To do that:

• Navigate to the parameters tab (window > pane > parameters) and locate the morph you want to accentuate.
    • In the upper corner of the dial (above the percentage) you'll see a small gear icon. Click on it > Parameter Settings...
    • That will open up a window, wherein you'll see "Use Limits" with a checkmark. Click on the box to get rid of the checkmark and that will disable the limits.
    • Or, you can also increase the "Max" percentage from 100 to maybe 150-160% and hit accept.
    • Now you'll be able to dial in the morph at a bigger amount. Just keep in mind that dialing it too much may result in skin pokethrough.

Notice in this promo example how I broke the limit of the ear morph to dial the burn up to 150%:

Ah. I see. I forgot about the HD morphs needing subdiv 4. Thanks! Got the effect to work nicely!

FenixPhoenix said:

Ah. I see. I forgot about the HD morphs needing subdiv 4. Thanks! Got the effect to work nicely!

My pleasure, glad to hear you got it working! Thanks for purchasing our products :)