[Released! HD Face Burns for G8F + Add-On] FenixPhoenix's Commercial Products

1235»

Comments

• Hi guys!

I'm having a problem trying to get these beautiful burns into Maya - I will animate the character there.

I'm just doing a simple export, trying all settings possible, if anyone could help me it would be really awesome!

Some screenshots are attached.

Thank you all in advance!

imagem_2021-10-09_003138.png
    1644 x 1395 - 676K
    imagem_2021-10-09_003203.png
    1247 x 1036 - 335K
  • FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,028
    edited October 2021

guilhermegubz said:

Hi guys!

I'm having a problem trying to get these beautiful burns into Maya - I will animate the character there.

I'm just doing a simple export, trying all settings possible, if anyone could help me it would be really awesome!

Thank you for your purchase! If the problem is that the morphs aren't showing, then you need to set the figure to Subdivision of 3 or 4 (we included a readme inside the product with more detailed instructions. The included script that's called "Read Me" should spawn it). For convenience, I'm attaching the readme to this post. Page 9 talks about the importance of Subdivision and how to set it up if you don't want to use the included Subdivision scripts.

If you are referring to the textures, these are applied on a supplied geoshell that uses custom UVs to ensure an even transition. This method ensures that the burns maintain their look regardless of what character you're applying them to (and makes it possible to apply to Genesis 8.1, includying figures with different UVs). As each vendor has a different way to set the skin, it was easier to ensure the final "look" this way. As explained in the read-me and the product page, the geosell is really where you're applying the textures:

If the program that you are using to animate not Daz Studio?

pdf
    pdf
    HDBodyBurnsF_ReadMe.pdf
    4M
    Post edited by FenixPhoenix on
  • Hey Gigi, thanks for the quick answer!

My real problem is getting these burns into Maya and not in Daz - they work perfectly in it!

All of the morphs I apply in the character are imported correctly, except the burns!

Do you have any idea what might be happening?

Do I need to do something before exporting? Also Im exporting as FBX.

Thanks!

FenixPhoenix said:

guilhermegubz said:

Hi guys!

Thank you for your purchase! If the problem is that the morphs aren't showing, then you need to set the figure to Subdivision of 3 or 4 (we included a readme inside the product with more detailed instructions. The included script that's called "Read Me" should spawn it). For convenience, I'm attaching the readme to this post. Page 9 talks about the importance of Subdivision and how to set it up if you don't want to use the included Subdivision scripts.

If you are referring to the textures, these are applied on a supplied geoshell that uses custom UVs to ensure an even transition. This method ensures that the burns maintain their look regardless of what character you're applying them to (and makes it possible to apply to Genesis 8.1, includying figures with different UVs). As each vendor has a different way to set the skin, it was easier to ensure the final "look" this way. As explained in the read-me and the product page, the geosell is really where you're applying the textures:

If the program that you are using to animate not Daz Studio?

guilhermegubz said:

Hey Gigi, thanks for the quick answer!

My real problem is getting these burns into Maya and not in Daz - they work perfectly in it!

All of the morphs I apply in the character are imported correctly, except the burns!

Do you have any idea what might be happening?

Do I need to do something before exporting? Also Im exporting as FBX.

Thanks!

Ah, I see! I think the problem is the fact that the burn textures are added onto a Geoshell (which is a copy of the surfaces of a character which is projected outwards via an offset value --it basically acts like a second skin without having to load a second character).

I consulted with Esid who has and uses Maya for this. It's merely speculation, but this is something you could try:

1. Export your main figure at the appropriate resolution.
    2. Now, export it again but using the UVs included with the product. To do that, in surfaces, select all skin surfaces and change the UV to the one called "Body Burns Female".
    3. Then you'll want to follow the instructions on this video:

Basically, you'll be transferring the original character's textures to the even UVs of the body burns. Then you'll need to use a graphics program to Layer the Burns on top of the resulting textures. The reason why you'll want to transfer the original textures onto the even uvs and not the other way around is to avoid the burn textures becoming blurry. That said, you can always try it and see if it looks okay.

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,511

I realize the question I have has probably been asked ten minutes ago and I could probably find the answer if I just try. But anyway, I need to know if "HD Body Burns 2 for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Females" works by itself or if it really requires the previous product to be installed.

edited October 2021
    NylonGirl said:

I realize the question I have has probably been asked ten minutes ago and I could probably find the answer if I just try. But anyway, I need to know if "HD Body Burns 2 for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Females" works by itself or if it really requires the previous product to be installed.

Yes, it can be used by itself. Only the bonus presets won't work (since those require the first pack textures). :) So you will get burns for the torso and legs but not the arms, as those are in the first pack.
    Post edited by FenixPhoenix on
  • HI THERE,

I just bought the Soft Skin Transitions for Genesis 8, and I've gone over it a few times, step by step and the white masked area is glossy white in IRay, and the black mask area is transparent.

How do I add another normal skin texture to the unmasked / black area?

How do I get the White masked area to show the metalic bronze transition preset I chose? Or change it for a diffenet skin all together?

• Hello Gigi,
    While browsing the DAZ store, I was impressed by the quality of the character morphs you used to promote your items, especially for "HD Bite Marks". Would you be so kind as to tell me which morphs (which character) you used on genesis 8 male.
    Thank you.

• roland58 said:

Hello Gigi,
    While browsing the DAZ store, I was impressed by the quality of the character morphs you used to promote your items, especially for "HD Bite Marks". Would you be so kind as to tell me which morphs (which character) you used on genesis 8 male.
    Thank you.

You mean the ones used on the main character? He is a custom shape using a tweaked Nix 8 Skin. His body detail is mostly accomplished using D.Master's the products: https://www.daz3d.com/auto-shape-enhancer-for-genesis-8-male and https://www.daz3d.com/auto-muscle-enhancer-hd-for-genesis-8-males (not dialed all the way).
  • Thanks for your answer

• DesouzaDesouza Posts: 27

While attempting to use the Gunshot Wounds on G8 characters the outcome I get each time is the wound gets added but there is an unwanted impact upon the character's face. The visibility of the face is turned off and then the eyes and the mouth are visible along with the wound. What can be done to correct this?

Desouza said:

While attempting to use the Gunshot Wounds on G8 characters the outcome I get each time is the wound gets added but there is an unwanted impact upon the character's face. The visibility of the face is turned off and then the eyes and the mouth are visible along with the wound. What can be done to correct this?

Hi, thank you for buying our products!

If I understand correctly, if the face surface of your character is disappearing, then it means you are applying the LIE Wounds Presets to the character. That's not how it works. Instead, you should apply the Gunshot Wound Geoshell Wearable first and then apply the LIE to that wearable preset. There was an update to the product to include a ReadMe with detailed instructions which you can find here (since the forum is broken and I can't seem to add attachments atm).

• Regarding Soft Skin Trans. Normally even with base G8 and the step 1 for 8, charcoal for 2nd skin after the step 3 for 8 the model appears translucent, kind like the 1st skin is not there either. I can see the teeth and eyeballs. However one time I followed, i thought, the same steps but it worked. Two questions:

Is there something i need to check before start the process?
    Is the base skin on the 8 workable or do you need to apply a sepeate mat ?
    Is there a way to compare to models to see what settings are different?

Thanks and sorry if this is answered elsewhere,
    Todd

• i53570ki53570k Posts: 210
    edited January 5

I posted on the Commons before realized this a dedicated PA thred and not just for the Face Burns product. I hope double posting is not a forum violation.

Does the FPE Faceless product include a script to copy character materials into the face geograft? Similar script is a feature that has been standard of Daz anatomical element products on other sites. I don't see it on the product description.

If not then the product is interesting but not as useful as it could be. More often than not I and many others I presumed want a featureless face that is flesh. There have been free morphs generously provided by forum members in the past but they all have shortcomings. Removing just the eyes and nose does not make the face featureless and there are always residual morph that looks obvious that we were squeezing vertices. There is also the noface morph but unfortuntely it changes the entire head and does not remove the facial features. But the biggest problem of using morph is that the user still needs to manually replace the facial features in the character's texture files.

Shadowy characters with LIE expressions are nice but G8 or G9 characters without their faces would be scarrier. I would buy that faceless product with scary featurelees face morphs using the characters' own materials.

Post edited by i53570k on
  • TesseractSpaceTesseractSpace Posts: 1,163

Perhaps because there's no easy way to do what you're wanting, at best one might redo the uv maps to use a flat flesh texture, but you can't just magically make a figure faceless with a properly featureless look using existing textures without some oddly stitched parts. Geografting isn't a magic fix for the issues involved.

Regarding Soft Skin Trans. Normally even with base G8 and the step 1 for 8, charcoal for 2nd skin after the step 3 for 8 the model appears translucent, kind like the 1st skin is not there either. I can see the teeth and eyeballs. However one time I followed, i thought, the same steps but it worked. Two questions:

Is there something i need to check before start the process?
    Is the base skin on the 8 workable or do you need to apply a sepeate mat ?
    Is there a way to compare to models to see what settings are different?

Thanks and sorry if this is answered elsewhere,
    Todd

That happens if you apply the LIE presets directly on your character instead of the geoshell. Just make sure you select the geoshell before applying the Lie. Also, before applying the Lie there is a preset call "prepare for lie" and that needs to be applied to the geoshell before building the Lie mask.
    i53570k said:

I posted on the Commons before realized this a dedicated PA thred and not just for the Face Burns product. I hope double posting is not a forum violation.

Does the FPE Faceless product include a script to copy character materials into the face geograft? Similar script is a feature that has been standard of Daz anatomical element products on other sites. I don't see it on the product description.

If not then the product is interesting but not as useful as it could be. More often than not I and many others I presumed want a featureless face that is flesh. There have been free morphs generously provided by forum members in the past but they all have shortcomings. Removing just the eyes and nose does not make the face featureless and there are always residual morph that looks obvious that we were squeezing vertices. There is also the noface morph but unfortuntely it changes the entire head and does not remove the facial features. But the biggest problem of using morph is that the user still needs to manually replace the facial features in the character's texture files.

Shadowy characters with LIE expressions are nice but G8 or G9 characters without their faces would be scarrier. I would buy that faceless product with scary featurelees face morphs using the characters' own materials.

I answered on your other thread. Basically the current faceless is not intended to be used that way. But we are working on a second faceless which we will tie with our toon textures so you can get faceless or semi faceless (no eyes only or no mouth only) flesh colored figures.