BRYCE RENDER CHALLENGE ►►►Spring Edition◄◄◄ Theme is ☼♪♫♪☼ SPRINGTIME ☼♪♫♪☼

Comments

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,383
    edited December 1969

Another nice entry Guss

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited April 2014

Very unusual, Guss...reminds me of the trifids ;)

Edit: Came across the real thing...while out walking in my lane.

Jay

1396969602974.jpg
    512 x 384 - 141K
    Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Jay: Yep, that's what they'll look like in my yard in a few days. That's a nice picture, of not only the Dandelions but country side. And it's, g r e e n. If memory serves, it was called The Day of The Trifids. A bunch of strange flowers. Oh, and thanks for the compliment.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    @Jay: Yep, that's what they'll look like in my yard in a few days. That's a nice picture, of not only the Dandelions but country side. And it's, g r e e n. If memory serves, it was called The Day of The Trifids. A bunch of strange flowers. Oh, and thanks for the compliment.

40 shades of green actually Guss, did you count them all :coolsmirk:

edited April 2014

@Pam: 40 Shades? You mean there's such a thing in nature? I know there's at least that many shades of brown, but green? Wow. ;-) The only time we'll see that much green is when the winter wheat starts its growth after winter. The grass along the road greens but once it uses what moisture we received during the winter it browns. Is it green like that in the photo year round?

Post edited by GussNemo on
    edited December 1969

40 shades?

Hahaa, Johnny (YouTube link) will explain it all ;

Jay

edited April 2014

Good response Jay

Guss, Ireland is a very beautiful country, and yes it is very green, except when covered with snow, and even then some green will show through.

This is Ireland as seen from the air http://www.panoramio.com/photo/4333431

A few years ago I needed to take a bus trip, from Dublin to Letterkenny in County Donegal and it was a long, but very picturesque journey and very green even in March, when I was there. (I flew in on 13th March)

Wales is similar, especially in places like the Brecon Beacons National Park, although our mountains tend to be higher than those in Ireland, which has rolling hills.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01686/brecon-beacons_1686866c.jpg

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited April 2014

Guss...Pam and I really know why Ireland and Wales are so green...it's all due to the bloody rain we get :)

Okay, final submission (have never submitted three before, but I did have some time off, so that's why Bryce has occupied most of the time ;) )

Jay

Title: 'While You Were Sleeping'

WhileYouWereSleeping3.jpg
    1103 x 748 - 866K
    edited December 1969

Jamahoney said:
    Guss...Pam and I really know why Ireland and Wales are so green...it's all due to the bloody rain we get :)

Well, yes but I was waiting for David to come in and say that, after the comment he made somewhere else about the only holiday he ever had in Wales. :coolsmirk:

edited April 2014

Johnny Cash had such a marvelous voice. I can't remember any song he did I didn't like, even though country isn't my favorite genre.

@Pam: That's a beautiful picture. Still, that much green during winter.

@Jay: A very poignant image. Nicely done. And, and, rain? What's rain?

Post edited by GussNemo on
  • jamilan-2246581jamilan-2246581 Posts: 0
    edited April 2014

I'm seeing a lot of stuff that i would never have thought to make here.
    In comparison I'd say this is a very basic entry. But it is mine and I make it for better or slightly less better!
    I won't explain it.....yet. I'd like to see what you folks have to say about it first.

AP 24 - SpringRise

Amateur_Piece_24_-_SpringRise.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 257K
    Post edited by jamilan-2246581 on
    edited December 1969

@jamilan: Looks nice.

• JStryderJStryder Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

Lovely stuff, I really like the home made dandelion. We get them in California too, but not so lush as in wetter places. The root can be dried or roasted to brew a tea with mild medicinal qualities.

Spring begins
    When winter ends;
    So heart's Winter did end
    When sight reveal'd
    What coldness had crept in.

Clown by Nursoda. Holding himself. Ground texture by David & Horo (metals set). Posed in Daz & rendered in Bryce.

HalpertHalpert.jpg
    960 x 1200 - 1M
    edited December 1969

@JStryder: That's a neat scene. Kind of makes one take a step back and think.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,533
    edited April 2014

@GussNemo - those flowery things are strange but charming. Very nice idea.

@Jay - that photograph reminds me of Switzerland. The sleeping lady watering the plant with her tears is very nicely done.

@jamilan - welcome to this forum. Very nice entry. How about moving the sun around a bit to give the trees some light?

@JStryder - this is really very nice. How tenderly the clown holds himself, dying winter, and how they look at each other is just great.

My third entry.

Title: Garden
    Products used:
    Hitomi, Aiko, Victoria 2 and 3, Michael 3; all from DAZ 3D.
    Flowers from Lisa's Botanicals.
    Bushes, pot and plants from Bryce 7.1 Pro - Vegetation.
    Spring material from Bryce 7 Pro - 50 Metals - The Heating Room Set
    Table, Benches and tiles from Bryce 7.1 Pro - Seamless Texture Mix and HDR Lighting - Set 2 (upcoming, probably in store before the deadline of this contest)

Garden.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 385K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited April 2014

Jamilan...it reminds me of a river-walk just below me...water’s wake is super.

JStryder...very nice indeed, thought-provoking, too.

Yes, the Dandelion root for tea and medicine...knew that. About a decade ago I started a nature journal concerning the folklore behind some wild flowers, and some have wonderful stories. The Celandine (pictured) is currently in flower here and has a nice story behind it (don’t know if you can read it from the picture), but it was said to flower when the Swallows arrived, and withered when they migrated. I haven’t seen a swallow here yet, but when they do, I have to keep my garage door closed as they nest in there (think droppings on the car ;) ). The Celandine was also said to be useful for piles...ooooh.

Nice one, Horo...love the ‘spring flowers’ vase ;)

Jay

celandine.jpg
    1200 x 805 - 830K
    edited December 1969

@Horo: Thank you. Yeah, they are a bit strange looking. That's a really nice scene. Table and benches really turned out nice, as though they were made from granite or marble. Really like the ground material you chose.

@Jay: That's a very pretty book you started. You have quite a talent for drawing.

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444
    edited December 1969

Title: Spring3

spring3.jpg
    960 x 720 - 674K
  • srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

Here is a work in progress. There are a few things I want to adjust yet. I also feel like it's missing something, but I don't know what. Ideas? Although it's getting very tricky to add things at this point.

spring_on_the_mountain,_reduced.jpg
    1200 x 750 - 304K
    edited December 1969

@mtnmen: Nice scene.

@Sean: Like the look of that scene so far. If snow is melting would it help the overall effects to show bare rock on the mountain, where snow has already melted? To me, right now, the total white of the mountain steals the view. Draws the eye away from the other elements.

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444
    edited December 1969

This is my second entry... the first of which I have to call a WIP.. the more I look at it...
    This entry was actually one I worked on for the last render challenge "H2O", but I didn't get it finished in time for entry...
    Title: Spring Melt--Rocco in the Waterfall
    All the water objects are actually terrains, originally created by SpaceBones over at ShareCG. I did a little tapering and bending of the objects in Hexagon for this and the other image.
    Steve

Rocco_in_the_waterfall4.jpg
    640 x 480 - 387K
  • fictionalbookshelffictionalbookshelf Posts: 837
    edited December 1969

I am new to Bryce - have been using it for about a week and half. I'm loving it. I hope it's okay I post in this contest. This is a WIP. I may change a few things and I've yet to do any postwork on it. When I have the final draft do I just update that in this post or make another post?

The title is Spring Swing.

SpringSwing_Wip.png
    800 x 800 - 1M
  • jamilan-2246581jamilan-2246581 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

@GussNemo: Thank you.
    @Horo: Thanks again. I've just put a fork in my second entry and am working on the sun placement in SpringRise once more. The only thing I don't want is to lose that "white-to-purple gradient". I've become almost sentimentally attached to it.
    @Jamahoney: Thanks, my first few months of Bryce were spent trying to get water to look decent. I'm no artisan, but I'm glad i can get something pleasant in less than an hour now. River walks would be nice in LA, but i don't think anyone would enjoy the view. ><;</p>

Here's my second entry.
    I was going to call it Sundial, until i did some after-the-fact research on them and realized i was doing it wrong.
    Still, I think you can see what i was going for. If i can get a more accurate version completed in time I'll be sure to post it.
    For now I'll call this "The Fool's Timepiece"

Amateur_Piece_25_-_Sundial.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 466K
    edited December 1969

@mtnmen: I'll bet that's one cold shower. Nice work.

@Fiction: That's a charming image.

@Jamilan: Love the title of your latest image. It would be hard to tell time with that circle since you wouldn't know which ball to use. Nice work.

edited December 1969

@Jay - beautiful plant book you have. My handwriting is difficult to read, even for me and when the drawing talent was distributed, I was probably away having a beer.

@mtnmen - not only spring but 3 springs. Very nice idea. Rocco under the waterfall is great, too. Just rename it to Rocco under the spring.

@Sean Riesch - this is a beautiful scene. It's just that mountain in the back is a bit on the bright side. It can look that way in reality, I've seen that enough but in the picture it is a bit unfortunate. Perhaps giving the sun a bit yellow may break the white wall - or add haze. Though there is hardly much haze at higher altitudes.

@fictionalromance - lovely idea. This is the WIP thread. Just make another post with the next iteration. Once you're happy, just put it in the text that this is the final version.

@jamilan - very nice idea for a sun-dial. It may not work in winter but this is the spring contest, so who cares? I like the flowers indicating the hours.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,115
    edited December 1969

Everyone has made very beautiful scenes, too long for me to comment.
    This is my first entry : Very early spring.

Very_early_Spring.jpg
    987 x 493 - 108K
  • JStryderJStryder Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

Another one of Halpert with alter ego, cherry tree by Lisa B

Halpert_with_Cherry_64_s.jpg
    960 x 1200 - 822K
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Here's my second entry... This one a bit more serious than my last bunch of springs.

Title: Spring Hedge

All plants by X-Frog
    Sky: Real Sun HDRI from David & Horo's 'Bryce7Pro HDRI Captured Volumetric Skies1
    Butterfly exported from Poser

Lit with Bryce Sun and a bit of IBL.
    Rendered using TA (64RPP), Soft Shadows. Render time 4 hours.
    No post work (except adding signature).

SpringHedge2.jpg
    1111 x 600 - 747K
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,383
    edited December 1969

Beautiful entries by everyone.

Jay- neat journal.

I’m working on a landscape scene but I’m having problems transfering the picture in my mind to Bryce, bad connection. :(

In the meantime I’ll settle on another abstract type entry using JWildfire fractals on a 2D face for the background and some fractals mapped onto spheres using transparency at varying values.

Spring Bubbles.

springchallenge2.jpg
    600 x 600 - 94K
    edited December 1969

@adbc - nice one. I think the horse is a bit big compared to the houses.

@JStryder - I like what you do with Halpert. Nice scene.

@Dave - looking great. Good use of DOF.

@mermaid010 - very colourful. Some of the shapes could be plants.