• Roland4Roland4 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Mountains

Mountain1.jpg
    750 x 500 - 269K
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

Horo said:

@David - I never thought of creating such a shape in Wings3D. It could be cobbled together with booleans in Bryce in no time. But as you state, it may be more compatible to other 3D applications.

Here is another stacked terrain experiment using the Kyle-Sound terrain.

Another beautiful terrain render!

Yes, when I get the chance, I'll set up a side by side between this model and one made with Bryce boolans to show the difference. Then maybe try some mesh conversion in Bryce and an import export cycle to show what transpires.

Ummm...maybe this post? Ring any bells?:lol:

@Roland: Love the color you used in the first image and like the sky in the second one. Terrain material in the second one looks good.

edited December 1969

@GussNemo

I dont used specific colors. I only start bryce and added a second waterplane. Move one plane up and one plane down and click the render button.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,541
    edited December 1969

@Roland4 - your tree and mirror experiments look very good. The mountain looks also very good.

@David - very nice use of this experimental HDRI. I'm currently working on two others that are not experimental anymore.

@Rareth - nice result of the haze study. The person in the distance makes a difference.

Here's another try with the terrain set 4, using the Straits terrain.

Straits-Overcast.jpg
    1200 x 720 - 181K
    edited December 1969

@Horo

Your landscapes are also good. I hope I can do it also as good.

edited September 2014

A relative simple image with a nice effect.

Night4.jpg
    750 x 500 - 144K
    Post edited by Roland4 on
  • TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

Hello Everyone ...just dropped in to say hi......taking a break from terrains 4.....a lot for me to learn there...but seeing the beautiful pictures I had to have it......Roland4...love your avatar...what kind of puppy is that sooo cute!! playing around and came up with this......

dr5ag_boat.jpg
    1754 x 1169 - 2M
    edited September 2014

@bullit35744

The puppy in the picture is 3 weeks old. Last year, my puppy leave me for ever, at the age of 7,5 years. (Tears for my best friend)

BILD0010a.JPG
    640 x 480 - 404K
  • TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

He was a beautiful dog.....how sad......

edited December 1969

He was a beautiful dog.....how sad......

Than you very much.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,392
    edited December 1969

Roland- all your renders are very nice, I especially like the two “Give it a name” renders; the one more picture of a tree and a relatively simple image are interesting. Your mate was beautiful, sad loss.

Guss – Thanks

David – Thanks for the new videos, looking forward to trying them. Both your objects look the same in the comparison, except the cube looks better in the Wings 3D model. I love the vegetation render.

Horo – Thanks, yes it is the Front Yard Hdri, it’s amazing you knew which Hdri I used, although there is not much of the Hdri reflected on the object. You are a pro. The Kyle-Sound and Straits terrains are magnificent.

Rareth – you got nice results with the spooky tutorial.

Trish – Hi, nice to see you around. Lovely render.

edited December 1969

@Roland: That is a neat looking image, something you might see in a sci-fi advertisement. That was a very good looking dog you had living with you.

@Trish: Love the structure in that image. Looks like the sailors of that ship are in for a rough few minutes.

edited December 1969

@Roland4 - thank you. The star sphere looks good. Sorry to hear that you lost your friend.

@Trish - great to see you here again. If you give the sun around 15% to 25% of soft shadows and render premium with 16 rpp (or perhaps 36 are needed) you'll have a perfect photo realistic image. It already looks fantastic as it is, though; very good composition, too.

@mermaid010 - thank you.

edited September 2014

@Horo

It is not a star sphere. I only use the sky Starfields --> Star Glow and a sphere with a glass material. The REFRACTION from the glass material i set to 105,0. The size of the sphere is 30880,00. The sphere is very far away from the camera.

edited December 1969

@Roland4 - sorry, yes, I meant how it looks, not how it was done. I understand that it is reflection from refraction not 100. Bryce can also handle impossible refraction indices lower than 1 (in Bryce 1 = 100), which can give very interesting results.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    Here's another try with the terrain set 4, using the Straits terrain.

They all look great but this one is particularly good.
    I hope Rashad is keeping up with these techniques because I know he was having real trouble blending the water into the land in his mammoth renders and this may be the answer he was looking for.
    edited September 2014

@Horo

I think the sphere is tranparent and the stars behind it. I have test this with a very big terrain and placed it behind the sphere.

@GussNemo

A little bit more science fiction. Dive in.

Night4a.jpg
    750 x 500 - 173K
  • Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 509
    edited December 1969

Hi, all. Miss being able to post here regularly, but I do troll the forums and am impressed by all your renders. Sorry I can't comment on every one of them specifically.

While playing in Wings the other day, I had a happy accident (a happy graphics' accident! LOL) and created a neat looking coil shape. Problem is that the only way to be able to see all of the twists and turns is to keep each tube thin, which tends to not work with the textures I'm using. So, to save time, I through this together and least render something. The tiles are from David and Horo's Gritty Tiles and Texture Set (http://www.daz3d.com/david-brinnen/bryce-7-pro-gritty-texture-tiles-and-matching-terrain). Thinking about using the shape in the Autumn Render Competition.

David, Horo, or anyone who's used this terrain set, can you give me some insight on the gaps between the terrains? I watched the videos several times and tiled/sized the terrains as instructed, but I still have gaps in this particular one. I think there's another that does this also. If there are any suggestions on improving thin models like this, let me know.

And before anyone (GussNemo) asks, I will do a tutorial for the shape if there's interest. It's actually very easy to make. I just have to remember all of my steps. :P

Cheers. Art

InvertedTriTwistCube.jpg
    800 x 800 - 781K
  • StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 1969

Free at last!.

Launch.jpg
    600 x 450 - 264K
    edited December 1969

@StuartB4

Cool.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Taking a free moment to stack some more terrains.

RockPool.jpg
    1111 x 650 - 404K
    edited December 1969

@Roland: Now that image looks like that plane is flying into some kind of portal. Neat image.

@Art: Now why in the world does my name appear in parenthesis in your post? It's not like I've asked anything in the past. %-P What you created is really neat. Reminds me of several spools of wire that all got loose at the same time. And thanks for the heads-up on that ground material, my store credit came in handy.

@Stuart: Way cool image. So maybe the bottle and ship is Cutty Shark, but that little car won't haul it anywhere. Really nice work.

@Dave: Great looking stacked terrains.

edited September 2014

Oh Wow TheSavage64, it just looks wonderful.

I tried to imitate your image, but I do not get it back. You are the better pro.

edited December 1969

@Dave - thank you. Great idea with the statue in the terrain.

@Art - nice coil shape. If you keep the terrain at its default size of 81.92, the gap above and right is 0.16 BU. Once you have the tiles aligned, group them and enlarge as required. David has another method: once you have the tiles, select them all but do not group, then slightly enlarge, group and scale as appropriate.

@StuartB4 - that's a very nice render, looking quite real.

Another try with the terrain set 4, here using the Straits terrain - stacked - and additionally the fisheye lens that gives us a horizontal angle of view of 190°.

Straits-Panorama.jpg
    1200 x 480 - 93K
    edited December 1969

That's all I've ever get.

Canyon10.jpg
    750 x 500 - 229K
  • StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 1969

@StuartB4
    Cool.
    @Stuart: Way cool image. So maybe the bottle and ship is Cutty Shark, but that little car won’t haul it anywhere. Really nice work.
    @StuartB4 - that’s a very nice render, looking quite real.

Thanks for the kind comments guys.

I just noticed something.
    The image is 600 x 450.
    When clicking on it to open it to show the full size image,
    it is displayed smaller in both X and Y directions in the full size window that opens.
    Even if the window is maximised.
    How did that happen?

Also image info shows the same size for the thumbnail image and the full size image.
    When I look at other peoples images they are always different sizes.

Just an example. Fencepost52's multi-coiled-wire thumbnail is 500 x 500, but clicking it to open the full size
    image it shows it as 800 x 800.

Am I missing an option to upload a thumbnail size and the full size when I post an image.

Thanks.

• MichaelTrevorMichaelTrevor Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjNVSgM2ADI&feature=share

Bryce 7 test render of a high polygon, 3d Coat voxel sculpt

edited September 2014

@Horo

Your picture is very impressive.

@bullit35744

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/422803/

Your picture is so wonderful and reminds me of my puppy. He has always played with horses or annoyed them. Are you Amie ?

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,392
    edited December 1969

Roland – your renders are very nice especially the terrain.

Fencepost- nice to see you posting again. Interesting object. Tutorials are always welcomed. ;)

Stuart – that’s a beautiful render.

Dave and Horo- the terrain renders are awesome, you guys get everything just perfect.

Playing with Hdri and lighting again .

For the 1st render I used the bowl from the tree challenge against a Hdri backdrop- a freebie RenoSuburb01

After a few tries I think I succeeded in getting the shadows for the Klein bottle using David’s Shadow capture tutorials http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNRH9ttwH3w and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZM3dUt-suA&feature=player_embedded

shadowcaptureex.jpg
    600 x 600 - 47K
    ontheledge2.jpg
    600 x 600 - 45K
This discussion has been closed.