Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 7

Comments

• Roland4Roland4 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

@Horo

WorldCreator is GeoControl if I'm not mistaken. ??

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,392
    edited December 1969

Dave- getting ready for Halloween, nice render, especially like the sky.

Horo- the Wings 3D using the GWL renders are so cool, love them. The second set using hyper textures are awesome. I need to revisit David’s tutorials on Hyper-textures. Wow you got awesome clouds for the terrain render, beautiful.

Tim Bateman – beautiful render

Roland – the new shapes are lovely especially the first of the last two.

When I need a break from something that is not working out I turn to Abstracts, Here’s another.

abstractgeometry.jpg
    600 x 600 - 55K
    edited September 2014

The next shape. Material is from David (in Pro Materials --> MAB Varient).

@mermaid010

Your Picture is very interesting.

Art16.jpg
    500 x 500 - 159K
    Post edited by Roland4 on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,541
    edited December 1969

@Roland4 - New shape looks nice.
    GeoControl is discontinued and cannot be purchased anymore, the website is up sometimes and sometimes down, last updated September 2008. WorldCreator has some additional features but some others where dumped, mostly those that didn't work properly but also some others, the GUI changed as well and it is faster using two processors. It is also more expensive. The core of it is, however, Johannes Rosenberg's GeoControl. I used WorldMachine earlier, version 1.x, also a great terrain software but WorldCreator works better for me.

@mermaid010 - thank you. Abstract looks great.

edited December 1969

@Horo

Thanks for explain. Sometime i use WorlsMachine 3.2 free version.

edited December 1969

A red diamond

Art17.jpg
    500 x 500 - 181K
  • Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 509
    edited December 1969

@ David, Nice work on the abstract. I believe you and I posted around the same time and I didn't see it right away. Amazing how a simple shape can be transformed into awesomeness! Thanks for the newest videos. I saw that Micheus had posted on another of your recent videos about the Turn option and I, too, have not experimented with it before and was glad to see you incorporated it into one of the new videos. Thanks. I think I'll pass on some of the movie "recommendations", as I'm already doing enough stuff creating a loss of time that I'll never get back. :D

@Guss, Good work on the "Not so tennis ball" renders! My faves are the 2 on the right in the very back and the 2 on the right in the middle row, with right being as we're looking at the screen. I really like the black/orange (what texture did you use for the orange?) and the stained glass.

@TheSavage, I really like the halloween render.

@horo: Great work on the shapes. I really like the third one with the Small World 2 HDRI, and the landscape looks so realistic! Time for you to start so wireframes. I'm becoming suspect! :D

@Tim bateman: Looking forward to see how this scene ends up.

@Roland4: I'm liking the shapes you're coming up with.

@Mermaid: Great abstract!

edited September 2014

Thanks, i like the combination of colors.

The model in the first picture I have modeled with Blender, the model in the second with Hexagon.

Art18d.jpg
    500 x 500 - 158K
    Art18b.jpg
    500 x 500 - 158K
    edited September 2014

Thanks Roland, Horo and Fencepost.

Roland you are making awesome shapes and choosing the good materials for them. Which program are you using to model them, Blender, Hexagon, Wings or Bryce.

Edit: I just read the bit about modeling in Blender and hexagon. ;)

Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited December 1969

Roland you are making awesome shapes and choosing the good materials for them. Which program are you using to model them, Blender, Hexagon, Wings or Bryce.

The first image in Blender and the second image in Hexagon. Hexagon ist better than Blender, but sometimes i use Hexagon and Blender together.

edited December 1969

The last one for today.

Art19.jpg
    500 x 500 - 155K
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

I was having a 'geometry' day and ended up here:

MetalShell.jpg
    1111 x 555 - 159K
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Horo: Another beautiful work.

@Roland: Those new objects are awfully nice, especially the ring.

@mermaid: Really nice abstract.

@Art: Thanks. I could have kept going but decided enough was enough, for now.

@Dave: Nice objects.

Finally put together the Wings inset cube, several really, and one where I fiddled with the original shape and developed flanges on the edges.

Inset_Cube_2_2_1.png
    1080 x 810 - 2M
    Inset_Cube_2_1_1.png
    1080 x 810 - 1M
    Inset_Cube_1_4_1.png
    1080 x 810 - 2M
    Inset_Cube_1_2_1.png
    1080 x 810 - 788K
    edited September 2014

@GussNemo

With Hexagon or with Hexagon and Blender, it is very easy to modeled some nice shapes.

I have now for about a week, no own internet and i can not upload my images.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited September 2014

Just a subtle atmospheric effect.

Background (sky) is an HDRI.

AtmosphericArch.jpg
    1111 x 555 - 157K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
    edited December 1969

Roland - the last object is lovely too.

Dave- the geometry render is so cool and a subtle atmospheric effect, stunningly beautiful.

Guss - very nice work with David's tutorial, nice renders.

edited December 1969

@Roland4 - diamond looks nice, the goblet-like ones, too.

@Art - thank you.

@Dave - nice idea with the shell. The one with the arch looks great, very nice mood with the sun rays.

@Jamie - thank you. I really like how you used all 3 cubes and gave them different materials. I also thought about that but abandoned the idea. That was a bad move, looking how great it looks this way.

edited December 1969

@Roland: I haven't quite got the hang of Hexagon to get those types of objects. Most of mine usually end up looking like someone dropped them on the floor. :lol:

@Dave: That's a very unique scene, love the results.

@mermaid: Thank you.

@Horo: Thanks. I thought about using the original shape for something while watching David's video. It took several tries to get the flanges created, at least something that worked with the other two parts.

I was in the process of trying to create a terrain for another project when I ended up with the following image. This image is made up of one terrain that was C&V, rotated, enlarged, and generally fiddled with until it looked sort of in the right place. The gray scale look was something I'd been wanting to achieve, and when the material was applied, I was very pleased with the results. A water slab was added, as was a daytime sky. Nothing more.

Green_terrain_2.png
    1080 x 810 - 1M
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,105
    edited December 1969

@GussNemo

I've fished a few lochs in the Scottish Highlands that look quite similar to that :-)

edited December 1969

Messing about in the Terrain Editor.

Image 1 :-- Sun Rock

Image 2 :-- Moon Rock :-)

moon-rock-001.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 431K
    sun-rock-001.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 440K
  • Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 872
    edited September 2014

This picture could be called "The Bird". (The tree materials are from David and Horo's package "Vegetation")

TheBird.jpg
    800 x 600 - 94K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
    edited September 2014

Another one from messing about in the Terrain Editor.

Sunlit Cave.

sunlit-cave-001.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 433K
    Post edited by Fishtales on
    edited September 2014

@Sandy: Can't say I've ever seen a Loch, though I think we landed in Scotland on our way back from Europe when I was a wee lad. Like the look of your first two recent images and love what you created in the third one. Nice hunk of rock.

@electro: Great looking tree.

Edited to change post.

Post edited by GussNemo on
    edited September 2014

@Jamie - very nice landscape. I like the transparency of the water. I'm just not sure about the size: it could be a pond or a lake, depending how the size of the mountain is interpreted.

@Sandy - nice results from messing around. Bryce has a very versatile terrain editor.

@electro-elvis - this tree is just breathtakingly beautiful. Excellent POV, I just can't find that darn bird. :-)

Here's a terrain I was about to dump as a failure but decided to play a bit with it. I stacked it so I had a bit more options with the material. Ambient light and clouds provided by an HDRI, the key light is from the sun. The waving Michael 3 is of course from DAZ 3D.

OnTop.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 173K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited December 1969

@GussNemo

A loch is any expanse of water in Scotland from Loch Ness and downwards, except some very small ones we call lochans :)

@Horo

That could be my friend up there. He was a fanatical climber when he was younger. I am only just getting to grips with working with Symmetrical Lattices in the editor and finding out what I can do with them. There is a rock formation in the Moray Firth in North east Scotland called the Bow Fiddle Rock (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portknockie#mediaviewer/File:Bo_Fiddle_Rock_2.jpg) that I was trying to produce but it just isn't happening, yet :)

edited December 1969

@Fishtales

Cool picture and panorama.

edited December 1969

@Sandy - wow, that's a cool rock. Difficult to get right in the TE. Maybe if you could use a graphics program capable of 16 bit grey scale. They usually have better brushes. I'm not a climber - though I had tried it - when the muscles were distributed, I was away having a beer and ended up not being exactly an athlete. With my fading youth, a bit of vertigo makes itself apparent, too. But we have many cable cars here ... :-)

edited December 1969

Guss- the mountains look great, nice choice of materials for the mountains and water.

Fishtales – Nice work “messing in the terrain editor.” I like all your renders especially the Sunlit cave.

Electro-elvis – the tree is awesome, love the angle you shot.

Horo- I’m happy you did not dump that lovely scene and shared it with us. :)

edited December 1969

@Horo

After you mentioning using the picture I loaded it into the Picture part of the terrain editor. I then used the brush and removed all the surrounding sea, sky and land leaving the rock on its own. I then used different parameters, fractal, smoothing, erosion etc. and the elevation brush eventually getting the object in the image below. I removed the last object from the scene and dropped it in. It isn't perfect but at least it is recognisable. I had a few better ones on the way but, as always, I tried to improve them and, by not thinking to save them they were lost. Not that important though as a learning experience it means I can return and perhaps improve on this one :)

bow-fiddle-rock-001.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 410K
  • RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Ok this is a test of importing Houdini objects into Bryce. since the apprentice version (free) limits you to 757x596 resolution (or something like that) I wanted to see if I could bring the results of one of Houdini's dynamic simulations into Bryce for rendering.

the lighting is a simple make HDRI from sky to provide some ambient lighting, and the sun is providing the shadows... the objects are or were a sphere and a cube, this is the result of the sphere hitting the cube.. the cube is damaged, the sphere basically shattered.

Houdini-test.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 905K
This discussion has been closed.