Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 13

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,243

I'm going to do Nida 8 and Jenni 8 tomorrow.

• alex86firealex86fire Posts: 1,130
    barbult said:

I'm going to do Monique 8 and CJ 8.

Wow, what a difference the shaders make. I think the eyebrows make the most difference. With the CJ ones she looks kind of like a female version of the Joker. Not in a bad way, actually kind of interesting but wow, such a big difference in my eyes.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,861
    edited April 2020

Eva 8     Monique 8   

Here's Eva and Monique, 50% each. Same lighting will be used on all of these so you can compare. The African Americans may be slightly darker than how I normally render them.

Eva 8 Materials

Monique 8 Materials

Eva 8 Monique 8 And E Mats.png
    490 x 600 - 317K
    Eva 8 Monique 8 And M Mats.png
    490 x 600 - 302K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited April 2020

Shot this from my front garden bed. All the irises opened up at the same time, like a chorus of radiance and happiness. Who can't smile at this geometry of color? (I'm just glad they're not in the back yard. Ci Pwff would have eaten them by now! Gotta love 4 1/2 month old puppies. This is a huge image, you can click to enlarge. Fun details.

IMG_4426HappyEaster.jpg
    1512 x 2016 - 2M
    Post edited by Novica on
    Beautiful flower!
  • LaPartitaLaPartita Posts: 402
    Novica said:

Eva 8     Monique 8   

Here's Eva and Monique, 50% each. Same lighting will be used on all of these so you can compare. The African Americans may be slightly darker than how I normally render them.

Eva 8 Materials

Monique 8 Materials

This blend looks really great together! And it's amazing to see how much difference materials can make. It's not just the color of the skin, but how the variations of the skin interact with lighting to give subtle differences in the way the facial shape appears. Look at all the shadows around the eyes on the Monique skin that aren't on the Eva skin at all, or how much broader the nose on the Eva skin appears than it does with the Monique skin. 

Novica, did you do anything with the materials, or are they straight out of the box?

Everything is straight out of the box, using the defaults. Not changing the eye color or anything. Coming up, Mei Lin 8 and Zelara.8  :) She's really cute too, has a bit of puffiness to her face. Again, same lights so you can compare all the characters equally. 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,954
    nemesis10 said:

I hate the idea of undercutting Daz3d's promotion so I will just note that there is another FaceBook coupon this weekend....

LOL, always something one of can use...

edited April 2020

Zelara 8      Mei Lin 8  

50% Zelara   50% Mei Lin  on all of these.  I think she's really cute!

Zelara materials.

Zelara  Turquoise 3 materials 

Mei Lin materials.

Mei Lin and Zelara Mei Mats.png
    490 x 600 - 320K
    Mei Lin and Zelara Zel Mats.png
    490 x 600 - 323K
    Mei Lin and Zelara Zel Mats2.png
    490 x 600 - 324K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Coming soon im going to do Zelara and Darcy

Novica said:

Hikaru and dForce Lingerie (G8F)           Channen Hair  (G3F / G8F)           dForce City Seduction Outfit (G8F) 

Nan, that neckline is low and widely cut out. If I were to use this for anything, I'd put a bodysuit top under it. The pantsuit legs flow very well, I didn't dForce anything. That hair isn't out of the box, I used ColorWerx on it as there weren't any shades of reddish brown to match her eyebrows. (#84 then in Surfaces used 208 / 155 / 131 for the color.) 

I like her blush not showing up as much as it seemed to in the promos. She looks more natural.

Lighting: Sold elsewhere, Paper Tiger Ideal HDRI lights, number 10. Added two Ideal lights (in the set)  

I like her but she looks almost green around her mouth?  In the corners.

Daventaki said:
    Novica said:

Hikaru and dForce Lingerie (G8F)           Channen Hair  (G3F / G8F)           dForce City Seduction Outfit (G8F) 

Nan, that neckline is low and widely cut out. If I were to use this for anything, I'd put a bodysuit top under it. The pantsuit legs flow very well, I didn't dForce anything. That hair isn't out of the box, I used ColorWerx on it as there weren't any shades of reddish brown to match her eyebrows. (#84 then in Surfaces used 208 / 155 / 131 for the color.) 

I like her blush not showing up as much as it seemed to in the promos. She looks more natural.

Lighting: Sold elsewhere, Paper Tiger Ideal HDRI lights, number 10. Added two Ideal lights (in the set)  

I like her but she looks almost green around her mouth?  In the corners.

I agree, I think I kept the scene and I'll try a different lightset and do a closeup, probably sometime tomorrow. We'll check it out :) 

edited April 2020

Coming later today.  Josephene 8  and Rynne 8. I am taking these in the order they turned up in the search (that scrolling bar)  Should be interesting.

Post edited by Novica on

Pro Studio HDRI lights

Where is this light set at? I guess I dont have it.....

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,743
    Daventaki said:

Pro Studio HDRI lights

Where is this light set at? I guess I dont have it.....

This?

PRO-Studio HDR Lighting System  -  https://www.daz3d.com/catalog/product/view/id/033663

There is also a version 2 and 3.

Decided to use Boss Pro Lighting -Boss PLS 1-FF-S backdrop Cream Cool

Blair Hair     Zelara 8  50%  Darcy 8   50%

Zelara textures

Zelara Purple texture

Darcy textures

DarcyZelara502.jpg
    400 x 600 - 256K
    DarcyZelara503.jpg
    400 x 600 - 252K
    DarcyZelara50.png
    400 x 600 - 429K
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,743
    edited April 2020

Grabbed this hair as one of the freebees, works well with vyktohria's To Dye For hair shaders (Rendo) which I've used here.  Character is Andromeda G3F .  Only 3 morphs, could have used Side Strands Left/Right here but it only has Forward/Back.

Lights are Pro-Studio HDR btw.

g3f-andromeda_classic-updo-hairstyle.png
    801 x 921 - 596K
    Post edited by Taoz on
  • xmasrose (aka tulipe)xmasrose (aka tulipe) Posts: 1,403
    edited April 2020

Ellithia 8 and Kanade 8 50% each- hair : SP Hair 006 for Genesis 3 and 8 Female(s) lighting : Render Studio 2.0 - Volumetric Plus

Ellithia 8 skin

Kanade 8 skin

20_Ellithia+Kanade-Ellithia-skin.jpg
    640 x 800 - 302K
    20_Ellithia+Kanade-Kanade-skin.jpg
    640 x 800 - 299K
    Post edited by xmasrose (aka tulipe) on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,784

So I tested Klareyn, put her in Itsy Hair and Pro Studio HDRI and then Precision Lights HDRI yesterday. Today, using the last saved file from yesterday, I tried nonesuch00's suggestion and adjusted the Translucency Color. The default Translucency Weight was at 0.50%. On the last two renders I tried adjuting that to 0.25 and then 0.20. 

On a personal note, Easter in Denver is snowy. The trees and bushes that had started to bloom are now contending with a light snowfall, but a breeze that is bringing us down from temps in the 20s, to a 'feels like' in the single digits. So a strong breeze. 

Novica, thanks for a great idea to play with characters! Not sure who I am going after, but will double-check who has posted before I start.

Mary

Klareyn Itsy Hair Precision Lts Lt 019 Mono.png
    600 x 971 - 483K
    Klareyn Itsy Hair Precision Lts Lt 019 Mono Tweaked.png
    600 x 971 - 411K
    Klareyn Itsy Hair Pro Studio LS3 Lt 15L ISO 155.png
    600 x 971 - 592K
    Klareyn Itsy Hair Pro Studio LS3 Lt 15L ISO 250.png
    600 x 971 - 591K
    Klareyn Itsy Hair Pro Studio Ls3 Lt 15L ISO 250 Skin 0.71 0.30 0.22.png
    600 x 971 - 597K
    Klareyn Itsy Hair Pro Studio Ls3 Lt 15L ISO 250 Skin 0.71 0.50 0.34 TW 0.25.png
    600 x 971 - 592K
    Klareyn Itsy Hair Pro Studio Ls3 Lt 15L ISO 250 SLN 0.71 0.50 0.34 TW 0.20.png
    600 x 971 - 591K
    Base Settings.PNG
    1123 x 1345 - 319K
  • xmasrose (aka tulipe)xmasrose (aka tulipe) Posts: 1,403
    edited April 2020

After the girls, the guys. Thank you Novica for the TMC challenge!

Vladimir 8 and Ollie 8 with Jian Hair and for the lighting iRadiance HDR lighting exp6

Vladimir skin

Ollie skin

20_vladimir ollie-vladimir skin.png
    600 x 750 - 494K
    20_vladimir ollie-ollie skin.png
    600 x 750 - 525K
    Post edited by xmasrose (aka tulipe) on

@xmasrose, both are great and interesting. I am also going to turn on the guys later. 

I was scanning my library of the ladies of Gen 8 and had listed out those already selected by others. I still managed to grab some of one of them. I think we are all looking for characters with not only great morphs but the better skins.

I did not use makeup, so if a character did not have eyebrows, I went to an eyebrow product, or in one case, a add-on character's eyebrow. 

So I have Jenni 8 and Kala 8 with Side Swept Hair, then Gabriela 8 and Latonya 8 with Tosseled Pixie Hair and for Latonya, a brow A1, and finally Bridget 8 and Mrs. Chow 8 in Braided Band Hair, using color from ColorWerks Specials CW 035 and Mrs. Chow borrowed Kiyo's eyebrow.

As each blend occurred and material changed, the possibilities are so great.

Mary

Jenni 8 Kala 8 Jenni maps Side Swept Updo.png
    490 x 600 - 303K
    Jenni 8 Kala 8 Kala maps Side Swept Updo.png
    490 x 600 - 298K
    Gabriela 8 Latonya 8 Gabriela maps Tosseled Pixie Hair.png
    490 x 600 - 318K
    Gabriela 8 Latonya 8 Latonya maps Tosseled Pixie Hair Beautiful Brow A1.png
    490 x 600 - 319K
    Bridget 8 Mrs Chow 8 Bridget maps Braided Band Hair CW 01 Spc 35.png
    490 x 600 - 308K
    Bridget 8 Mrs Chow 8 Mrs Chow maps Braided Band Hair CW 01 Spc 35 Kiyo Brows.png
    490 x 600 - 318K
    edited April 2020

Nida 8   Jenni 8

Nida 8 Materials

Jenni 8 Materials

Nida 8 50% Jenni 8 50% Nida materials_Default Camera.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 2M
    Nida 8 50% Jenni 8 50% Jenni materials_Default Camera.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 3M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I'm going to try Dain 8 with Leroy 8.

I'm going to do Edie 8 and Mabel 8. Should I do HD or just base character?

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    barbult said:

Both?

I was wondering how different the HD would change the outcomes. Or one character's HD might affect one of the 8 character's without the HD version, because they were toons or teens.

L'Adair said:
    barbult said:

Both?

OK!

I'll do a summary to help you out so far. (See next post.) I'll play later, right now I'm having to break down the cat shelters on the front porch and bring in other yard stuff due to the winds picking up and that line of storms heading this way. You folks are really turning out some neat combinations!  I'm having a bit of a problem with my choice, Rynne is installed but I can't find her in the shaping tab. (Even doing a search.)  I closed the studio and opened it up again, etc. 

edited April 2020

List of TMC Characters (Two Main Characters) 

When you do a character, or want to reserve a combination, simply copy/paste this list (don't quote!) and add yours to it.  I took the letter of the alphabet which came first of the pair, and did these alphabetically. Just stick yours where it goes. (Aka CJ 8 and Monique 8, the C comes before the M, etc) 

If you want to do another generation that isn't listed here,  keep everything in this post, but add a NEW LIST

The 3's List: none yet

The 8's List:

Bridget 8 / Mrs. Chow 8
    CJ 8 / Monique 8
    Dain 8 / Leroy 8
    Darcy 8 / Zalara 8
    Edie 8 / Mabel 8
    Ellithia  8 / Kanade 8
    Eva 8 / Gia 8
    Eva 8 / Monique
    Gabriela 8 / Latonya 8
    Jenni 8 / Kala 8
    Jenni 8 / Nida 8
    Josephine 8 / Rynne 8  
    Mei Lin 8 / Zalara 8
    Ollie 8 / Vladamir 8

Post edited by Novica on
    edited April 2020

So I have Jenni 8 and Kala 8 with Side Swept Hair, then Gabriela 8 and Latonya 8 with Tosseled Pixie Hair and for Latonya, a brow A1, and finally Bridget 8 and Mrs. Chow 8 in Braided Band Hair, using color from ColorWerks Specials CW 035 and Mrs. Chow borrowed Kiyo's eyebrow.

As each blend occurred and material changed, the possibilities are so great.

Mary

LOL Mary, I laughed out loud at the Bridget and Mrs Chow. I can hear Bridget screaming, "WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME?" 

The Jenni and Kala combination is really pretty!

Post edited by Novica on
This discussion has been closed.