• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited December 1969

...shake a leg to Winnepeg.

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    Rezca said:
    Rezca said:
    Not being able to sleep is a good thing for me at the moment (At Work.). Just had a cup of Blackberry-Pomegranate green tea to help with that just in case.

Ooooh, that tea sounds nice! I wonder if I can find it around here? :coolsmile:

I think I got mine at Safeway. I also grabbed a bunch of other teas. One whose name I forget... Bengal Spices, Raspberry Zinger, Melon & Dragonfruit, Blackberry Pomegranate, and I think one or two others. I like herbal tea.

Oooh those all sound good! I bet Whole Foods will have those if the local grocery store doesn't.

I need to drink more herbal tea, apparently too much caffeine can affect your blood sugar negatively.. feh. Herbal tea to the rescue!

If you're close to Great Hills you might try Randall's, just across the street from HEB.

I'm in Allandale (Burnet at Koenig), so that's a long trip - Whole Foods downtown is actually easier to reach, by bus. :down:

edited December 1969

Act like a tree and leaf! :coolsmile:

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

@Woolyloach There's a Randall's a lot closer than the one I mentioned, may be on Balcones. Nice little Greek restaurant over there too.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Make like a baby and head out.

Sorry, I couldn't help it. :red:

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    @Woolyloach There's a Randall's a lot closer than the one I mentioned, may be on Balcones. Nice little Greek restaurant over there too.

I'll have to grab a Google map - if it's near a bus stop, it's reachable by me. :coolsmile:

Tired now - nap time. Being on antifungal meds is a bother, little got accomplished today. :down:

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...unfortunately, the first SkiDoo didn't appear until 59. :)

skidoo == bad luck, slang by PG Wodehouse in Prince and Betty, 1912. Twenty Three Skidoo is the usual line - something to do with the flatiron building in NYC? (might be making that up ) :)

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Augh. Thunder. We just got thunder.

The problem is that while I usually love thunder, nighttime thunder creeps me out, because the world is too quiet and too dark. And now I'm trying to estimate how bad it will get, and if I should shut down my desktop or not.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Augh. Thunder. We just got thunder.

The problem is that while I usually love thunder, nighttime thunder creeps me out, because the world is too quiet and too dark. And now I'm trying to estimate how bad it will get, and if I should shut down my desktop or not.

if you don't have an ups, best to shutdown the dt. a powerflicker could corrupt your s/w

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,105
    edited December 1969

I want ice cream

Melody wants canned Iams. (so does Micah and the kitten)

Do not want to mix that up or I would be getting canned Iams and they would be getting ice cream. I have not tried Iams but i do not want to.

edited December 1969

7 straight hours of setting up sss skin settings for H3, and then remembered doan haz faerie garments, or shorts, or loinflaps for H3 or Luke. only a couple days left for the faerie wilde contest. wahh

edited July 2012

segway from Sting Desert song to Shakira shaking her -well in her case - shaking her money maker ;)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkM_DHQEvAE&

everbody dance now :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12VUjgYMm1U

cant touch this :lol:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo&

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

...let's dance.

...put on your red dress shoes...

Love that song, sing it in Karaoke.

...well had a wonderful evening at the pub I like to frequent Learned from a friend there that there is a a way for someone like myself to actually qualify to buy a house rather than rent even given my lackluster credit history. I never thought at my age such a thing could be a reality So next week I am going to investigate this further as I wrote off any idea of actually owning a home years ago,

The "Amber House", has a bit of a ring to it, oy.

edited December 1969

...can't believe my Leela is allowing this.

...zip your way to Zagreb.

edited December 1969

Aha yes I heard that story about the Flatiron Building and 23 skidoo, um eeowww http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/23_skidoo_(phrase)

edited December 1969

A bitt of Sun here today but now the weather closed in and a storm is blowing up from the Southern Ocean

edited December 1969

Act like a tree and leaf! :coolsmile:

...as long as you are not Ryan Leaf. :cheese:

-----

I really hate this timeout carp especially since it is so inconsistent. Sometimes when you click on the Login link you are taken to the normal sign in page and just have to click to sign back in. Other times you are sent to a page that doesn't have you name & password loaded in the fields (it's been so long I do not remember my original password). Then there are times you are sent to your account page which kills the queue in the thread you were reading and you have to manually find your way back.

It's now been over two months and issues like this still persist. I'm a patient Bushido Cowgirl but this is beginning to tax even my resolve.

Still no Avatars
    Still no embedded .gifs
    Still no embedded Videos
    Still no banners
    Still no polls
    Still no sorting of topics by most recent post
    Still being timed out when actively entering a response
    Still unable to resize image attachments and nest titles/descriptions

...just to name a few.

Now I know Daz is a small company, however, if this kind of thing were allowed to persist for this long at most other firms, the individual(s) responsible for the decision would have been sacked (and I recently learned some information about the decision to go with Magenta which doesn't leave me feeling very "comfortable" with regards to the company's future).

Magenta is basically poorly written and many other firms that originally used it moved on to software that is more flexible and reliable.

edited December 1969

Truthfully, I'm such a klutz with online stores, coupons, time-limited sales and all the other bells and whistles I haven't really noticed much difference, tho I feel for the power users crossing over to the digital twilight zone - is like that for me all the time :) Macs have this keychain thingy built in that takes care of passwords for web browsers across all my apple stuff, and I don't seem to get bumped very often anyhow - and I'm connecting from at least 3 different networks. If I were having those problems across multiple websites I would temporarily let Open DNS look after my www lookups to shake out any system/browser config problems with dynamic web pages, they give good help :)

edited December 1969

if you don't have an ups, best to shutdown the dt. a powerflicker could corrupt your s/w

My city seems to have an extremely robust and steady electric grid, but I did not want to risk it, so I shut down the desktop and played with my tablet until the worst thunder was over. Once it was, I fell asleep like dead, and only woke up around 9 am to a new bout of thunder. Of course, since it was daytime already by then, I just rolled over and continued sleeping.

Weird, huh? That the sound of humans being active takes the edge away from thunder.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

really like the Leela pictures :)

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

My city seems to have an extremely robust and steady electric grid, but I did not want to risk it, so I shut down the desktop and played with my tablet until the worst thunder was over. Once it was, I fell asleep like dead, and only woke up around 9 am to a new bout of thunder. Of course, since it was daytime already by then, I just rolled over and continued sleeping.

Weird, huh? That the sound of humans being active takes the edge away from thunder.

Must have always been like that, on a stormy night like we're having is easy to imagine shapes a the cave mouth silhouetted in flashes of lightning :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

really like the Leela pictures :)
    ...thank you very much.

While she may be just a character in a story, she has grown on me. In some ways, it's almost as if she is a real daughter.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Must have always been like that, on a stormy night like we're having is easy to imagine shapes a the cave mouth silhouetted in flashes of lightning :)

Another funny fact is that it doesn't matter if I am home alone, or with Significant Otter, it still drives me up and awake every time it happens.

edited December 1969

thunderclouds in the forecast all week.

almost 10AM. coffee

it's a slow start this morning. bluejays outside are making a rukus.

68f.jpg
    801 x 241 - 51K
  • RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited July 2012

Om nom nom?
    She said she sucks at drawing humans. I think the human looks fine to me D:
    Apparently there are two others already inside. Can't tell how they're drawn though XD

trex_sm.jpg
    600 x 512 - 399K
    Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

it was satisfying when this character was ate. he was a bad bad man. lol

propheon.jpg
    257 x 259 - 19K
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909
    edited December 1969

thunderclouds in the forecast all week.

almost 10AM. coffee

it's a slow start this morning. bluejays outside are making a rukus.

Its suppose to be in the mid 80F with a chance of thunderstorms for us all week.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 1969

it was satisfying when this character was ate. he was a bad bad man. lol

There was some parody movie called Spy Hard where near the very end at the villain's island fortress one of the ebil assassin guys gets eaten by a dinosaur. 'Course you don't see it happen. He's lying there on the ground, you hear footsteps, then this big lug of a dinosaur comes around the corner and sees him, starts walking towards him and then the camera shifts to the main character untying some friend of his from a tree. He's all like: "Shhh... Listen..." and they wait for a moment and then this huge thundering Buuurrrrrp echoes in the distance. XD

This discussion has been closed.