[Released] Rakshasa with dForce Hair for Genesis 8 Male [Commercial]

Ha ha! Very excited to bring tiger man!

Note that the eyes, claws, body, and head are all separate morphs, and the tail is a parented posable prop (so you can move it where you like, remove it, give him 6 tails, whatever you want).

Also, yes, a female version is on her way.

Comments

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,454

FREAKIN INSTANT BUY!

Nice work. These look awesome!

• jedijuddjedijudd Posts: 606

It was a instant buy for me to, and thanks for making a female version also looking forward to it

• I cannot justify buying it right now, seeing as I already have the Dreamer's bundle and the Tomcat, but this is incredibly well done--I feel that's a step above your previous work on anthros. Wishlisted for sure

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

Uthgard: I do think my work evolves, and thank you for noticing. ;)

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

Somebody had better render this smiling with a bowl of cereal.

That'd be grrrrreat.

• Even though I don't work with a lot of male figures, this is definately a buy to continue to support the artist and continued production of this type of product.  

Oso3D, please make a werewolf/wolfman with this kind of hair setup?

Eventually, I'm sure... but there's already been a number of werewolves/wolfmen.

I DO have ideas... among stuff I'm considering:

Anthro: Fox, rabbit/hare, other great cats, horse (Horseman, of course), Red Panda, Raccoon, other types of dogs (longer muzzled, like hounds and labradors and so on), and I REALLY ought to make a bear...

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,024
    Oso3D said:

and I REALLY ought to make a bear...

NAO!

• SBibbSBibb Posts: 596

This looks awesome! :-D

So... anyone have a render of a blend between the new Rakshasa and FelineFolk? Say half and half on the morphs? Or Rakshasa with the Felinefolk fur, or vice versa, if that's possible?

I'd definitely be curious to see those results. :-D

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711

put him in wishlist heart

know I need a 2080ti and more RAM before I can render these awesome strandhaired furries from experience so that I need to save for first 

Wendy: What kills me is that I've experimented with getting really 'proper' fur and it starts looking totally realistic at about 100x as much hair.

Which almost none of us can render yet.

But the tech is there, some day...

It's way better than it used to be, though!

edited May 2020
    Oso3D said:

Eventually, I'm sure... but there's already been a number of werewolves/wolfmen.

I DO have ideas... among stuff I'm considering:

Anthro: Fox, rabbit/hare, other great cats, horse (Horseman, of course), Red Panda, Raccoon, other types of dogs (longer muzzled, like hounds and labradors and so on), and I REALLY ought to make a bear...

Rawn usually handles that whole subgenre in all base figures, but there's always room for more Werewolves in my book. This hair renders REALLY fast though. Impressive setup.

Post edited by Greybro on

Thank you! By this point I've worked out a lot of tricks to keep fur count as low as possible, create the feeling and look of fur. It requires juggling the fur, the underlying skin texture, and so on.

I also ended up making my own dForce Hair shader to make things work in a way I find easier.

You'll note that unlike some of my other furs, this one is divided into pieces:

There's something about the mesh, UV, and hair generation that often causes some parts of the body to be sparse. Previously, I tried to get cute about it and compensate by making density maps such that the (say) hands are very dense and the rest of the body is less. This is really ... hard.

Another issue is that the body typically is fine covered with coarse, less dense amounts of fur, while the face, hands, and feet often look better with finer, shorter, more dense hair.

So... I ended up making two different pieces. The Body fur covers much of the regular body, with somewhat wider, less dense fur. The Extremities covers face/hands/feet, with finer, dense fur.

I think it's a winning strategy.

And then I added a third for the mane, to make it easier to set it at the right scale. You can probably remove or hide the mane and still have a pretty convincing tiger, if you want to save render load. (Or for younger tigers)

edited May 2020

Freakin Diggin this one! This is a 5 minute render.

big Cat Dreams

Post edited by Greybro on
    Oso3D said:

Thank you! By this point I've worked out a lot of tricks to keep fur count as low as possible, create the feeling and look of fur. It requires juggling the fur, the underlying skin texture, and so on.

I also ended up making my own dForce Hair shader to make things work in a way I find easier.

You'll note that unlike some of my other furs, this one is divided into pieces:

There's something about the mesh, UV, and hair generation that often causes some parts of the body to be sparse. Previously, I tried to get cute about it and compensate by making density maps such that the (say) hands are very dense and the rest of the body is less. This is really ... hard.

Another issue is that the body typically is fine covered with coarse, less dense amounts of fur, while the face, hands, and feet often look better with finer, shorter, more dense hair.

So... I ended up making two different pieces. The Body fur covers much of the regular body, with somewhat wider, less dense fur. The Extremities covers face/hands/feet, with finer, dense fur.

I think it's a winning strategy.

And then I added a third for the mane, to make it easier to set it at the right scale. You can probably remove or hide the mane and still have a pretty convincing tiger, if you want to save render load. (Or for younger tigers)

My PC is a lot happier with this arrangement than other dense Dforce Hairs. Are the white ones the guide hairs by chance?

White should be guide hairs yes.

Also, if you look at the orange and green fur, you can use it as a starting point for creating your own color combinations.

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

The teeth really aren't really shown in the promos.  What little can be seen indicates that the character does not have tiger teeth.  Is that correct?

Sort of in between?

Tooths.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 671K
  • KetsyColaKetsyCola Posts: 86

This was an instant-buy for me. Oso, I absolutely adore your anthropomorphs. They're so well-made! Splendid job!

edited May 2020

Thank you, Ketsy!

The nice thing is that there's a lot of room for different styles. MAB and WillDupre do amazing work with a somewhat more animated, humanish look. RawArt has been creating all sorts of cool near humans for a while now. JoeQuick with some astonishing creations (hedgehog?!? What the what). Alessandro hasn't done many but wow! Hippo people hahaha.

So hopefully there's something that suits everyone. ;)

Post edited by Oso3D on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942

If nothing else, kudos for doing the male version first! laugh

Oso3D said:

White should be guide hairs yes.

Also, if you look at the orange and green fur, you can use it as a starting point for creating your own color combinations.

Please tell me more about setting up custom combo fur colors. That sounds like fun.

The final version of the above render. 

Big Cat Dreams

I made a custom hair shader for two reasons. First, I found a lot of the regular hair shader more stuff than I needed to use, and found it a little confusing to get the look I wanted.

Second, I wanted to have diffuse overlay, so I could play around with mix and match color patterns.

The tiger stripes are used as a diffuse overlay mask, with a base color and a diffuse overlay color. You can simply change those from green and orange to... whatever. Or substitute your own mask patterns (granted, that's a bigger challenge)

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,633

I really do like this guy, but may I ask, what's the geometry load at render time? I only have a 6gb graphics card and I'm wondering if he'll even fit.

From render:

Iray (Statistics) : Geometry memory consumption: 1.158 GiB (device 0), 0.000 B (host)

Iray (Statistics) : Texture memory consumption: 869.000 MiB for 32 bitmaps (device 0)

Iray (Statistics) : Lights memory consumption: 196.000 B (device 0)

Iray (Statistics) : Material measurement memory consumption: 0.000 B (GPU)

Iray (Statistics) : Materials memory consumption: 147.570 KiB (GPU)

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,633

Oh, that's not bad at all. Thanks. yes

• MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,602
    edited May 2020

Is it safe to assume that your Feline Folk furs can be used on the tiger body/head as they're both for G8M? Ideally, what I'd be looking to do is use a G8M body shape with the tiger head shape and Feline Folk fur to hopefully get at some Khajiit-styled fanart. (The tiger fur would work for Khajiit as well, but I love the kitty patterns too and Khajiit come in all sorts of kitty colors from big cats to tabbies.)

Post edited by MelissaGT on

What I would do is load the FelineFolk, then dial out the FelineFolk head and dial in the Tiger head. That way you have all the right textures and whatnot.

That should work. I'm not 100% sure the noses will line up perfectly, but it should be close.

I'll check when I'm done with current render.