[Released] Rakshasa with dForce Hair for Genesis 8 Male [Commercial]

13»

Comments

• jcedjced Posts: 1

Hello. I just bought this product a while ago in order to use morph and the fur on a genesis 8.1 character

Everything seems to work fine, but I realize that the fur doesn't work on genesis 8.1 torso. Is there a way to make this work?

thank you in advance.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,889

The morph will work, the fur will not work easily.

To make the fur work you will need to duplicate the body and then extremity hair. On the first copy, change Torso to Body. On the second copy, change Torso to Head and the other surfaces to 0 (or something, basically shutting them off).

Also change the figure's UV to Base Male, and parent the tail to the pelvis.

I will note that this will make it harder to apply textures (you're best off having a hidden G8M rakshasa to apply materials to, copy them over, and then adjust the furs again).

Personally, I'm not sure it's really worth going through all this, I'd strongly suggest just keeping it G8M.

• I LOVE your Rakshasa, and I have a pretty urgent request: Can we get a texture for this with pure white fur?

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,170

Since this thread was bumped....

Thrill of the Fight

Shere Khan

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,889

For pure white fur you could apply Iray Uber; Blended dual lobe shader tends to skew a little dark, but if you are happy with all the fur being white, then this should work.

• CassLightwingCassLightwing Posts: 17
    edited August 2022

I'm afraid I don't understand lol  Thank you though, I should be able to teach myself from what you explained.
    I need to make a pure white lion-man.  I tried to make the character work with the white tiger texture, but it just doesn't work for what I have in mind.

Thank you Oso3D, you ROCK!!

Post edited by CassLightwing on
  • CassLightwingCassLightwing Posts: 17
    edited October 2022

Oso3D said:

For pure white fur you could apply Iray Uber; Blended dual lobe shader tends to skew a little dark, but if you are happy with all the fur being white, then this should work.

I am afraid I am still lost...

I hate to ask, but is there any possibility of commissioning this texture?  
    I mean I'm sure others would buy it too if you put it on the market (I could just buy it from there if you like?)

Thank you for your time!!

Post edited by CassLightwing on
  • CassLightwing said:

Oso3D said:

I am afraid I am still lost...

I hate to ask, but is there any possibility of commissioning this texture?  
    I mean I'm sure others would buy it too if you put it on the market (I could just buy it from there if you like?)

Thank you for your time!!

Basically, go to your basic Daz resources in the Shader menu, look for a shader called Iray Uber. Apply that to the fur. Done. There is no missing texture.

• Ok I'll try that!!  Thank you!