[Released] Rakshasa with dForce Hair for Genesis 8 Male [Commercial]

Comments

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited July 2020

Oso3D said:

Eventually, I'm sure... but there's already been a number of werewolves/wolfmen.

I DO have ideas... among stuff I'm considering:

Anthro: Fox, rabbit/hare, other great cats, horse (Horseman, of course), Red Panda, Raccoon, other types of dogs (longer muzzled, like hounds and labradors and so on), and I REALLY ought to make a bear...

Sort of in awe that you included Cringer's colour scheme with this product. :)

Is it possible to use the same basic system to similate thicker strands? I'd really love a prop to create biomechanical-looking exoskeletal tendrils of hair, like Sil's prehensile hair in 'Species'.

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,889

Sure, though I'm not entirely sure that this coat of fur is ideal for that. There's a 'line width' property that can make the hairs arbitrarily large.

This product, for example, is essentially nothing more than a small number of huge hairs:

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-thicket-for-genesis-8-male

• KetsyColaKetsyCola Posts: 86
    Oso3D said:

Eventually, I'm sure... but there's already been a number of werewolves/wolfmen.

I DO have ideas... among stuff I'm considering:

Anthro: Fox, rabbit/hare, other great cats, horse (Horseman, of course), Red Panda, Raccoon, other types of dogs (longer muzzled, like hounds and labradors and so on), and I REALLY ought to make a bear...

I'm going to have to keep some money set aside, because I want whatever other species you make!

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,650

He's rendering quite nicely, with an environment and another dressed g8 figure, so well done you. smiley

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

Pricey, but since you are the man.....
    Well done. I think - your best product.

Your shader magic was hard to beat, but this got the title.

Now, if you do a lion, I will be a fan for life.

Man, just do the whole Jungle already.

Definitely considering lions and other great cats... at some point.

Is it safe to assume that your Feline Folk furs can be used on the tiger body/head as they're both for G8M? Ideally, what I'd be looking to do is use a G8M body shape with the tiger head shape and Feline Folk fur to hopefully get at some Khajiit-styled fanart. (The tiger fur would work for Khajiit as well, but I love the kitty patterns too and Khajiit come in all sorts of kitty colors from big cats to tabbies.)

Here's a stab at it. I doubled the hair density.

Personally, if you have the inclination, I would use the tiger fur, and just swap out maps. I made improvements to the layout that I think would be handy. With the new shader it shouldn't be terribly hard.

This is FelineFolk fur and ginger tabby, Rakshasa shape.

Tiger cat.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 670K
  • Tabaxi gene pool expanded! <3

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,482

I'll tell you a story...

• DamselDamsel Posts: 374

This is outstanding, Oso. I love the detail on the tiger's head. Best I've seen. Actually looks more realistic than the Daz big cat. Which admittedly is an old model, but still.

• c567591ac567591a Posts: 39

How do I put clothing on him without fur sticking through?  I did the dforce simulation, but still have fur sticking through.

Is there a way to control length of it in certain areas?  Or how do I get it to collide with the clothing item(s)?

The readme ( /Documentation/RakshasaDocumentation.pdf ) contains tips and suggestions for combining fur and clothing.

I've experimented with templates to shrink fur under clothing or collide with clothing; my conclusion is that those approaches don't work very well. (Templates work great, but you need pretty much a new template for almost every different article of clothing)

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254

Postwork is your friend...

The simple form is, basically, render it with and without fur, composite.

• Joe WebbJoe Webb Posts: 837

If you're doing requests - do morphs for the Kizinti from Larry Niven's works, or the Aslan  (and specically here) from Traveller - although a lion morph would probably do that one. but otherwise this is really stunning work, just excellent stuff.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,172

You need to hurry up and make that bear so I can create some Tale Spin fan art. 

Lions and bears are definitely... someday.

But not super soon.

• c567591ac567591a Posts: 39

If I did want to mask it out, I would make a copy of the Hair mask and then black out areas (on the copy) where I wanted the hair gone right?

The mask in 'generated hairs per cm2' yes.

You could ALSO do it by adding a mask to PS generated hair scale (I think is the name), which basically shrinks the fur wherever it's black.

I think the second is easier, but the first is, ostensibly, better. (Among other things, dropping actual hair count should make it easier to render)

One way to generate masks is to take a clothed figure into something like Substance Painter and bake an AO mask (remember to uncheck 'hide backface'!), and tweak it. That's kind of a moderate-expert level user thing, though.

• But the hands aren't backwards...

Hehe. Yeah, that would have been fun to rig... gulp.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Awesome, this is the product I actually wanted since the one my granny gave me got chewed up by the neighbor dog.blush

• ShanarahShanarah Posts: 94
    Greybro said:

Oso3D, please make a werewolf/wolfman with this kind of hair setup?

I'm going to hop on the werewolf/wolfman bandwagon, though I will appreciate anything you release next.  :)  There is just no recent werewolf out there anywhere close to the style I prefer, less human more wolf-like, like your Rakshasa is to a tiger.  The werewolves in Van Helsing or some of the excellent anthro artists work on DA come to mind when I think of what I am looking for - Werewolf Calendar-Poachers or Heart Song.  Lycanthropos or Sparky's Canidae for M4 and V4 are the closest out there and both are pretty old at this point.

Also, thank you so much for making these guys!  I haven't really done anything with my namesake character Shanarah since I started rendering and now I finally can.  You've made me so happy!  :)

edited July 2020

I'm getting the strangest error when I load the "Full Golden" material. The preset works but it shows this error, when I first click the material:

Then after it's loaded: 

I have no idea what or why it would be calling for something from Sickleyield and Esha? I redownloaded and reinstalled it already in case my install was broken. But it's still doing this. Like I said it still works, but I thought I'd provide a heads up, and ask if anyone else is seeing this or if it's just me?

rakshasa error 1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 391K
    rakshasa error 1a.jpg
    559 x 298 - 45K
    rakshasa error 1b.jpg
    560 x 292 - 37K
    Post edited by zombietaggerung on

Woops, must have saved it from a scene with other stuff. HMats can be fussy.

Will put in a fix, thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Oso3D said:

Woops, must have saved it from a scene with other stuff. HMats can be fussy.

Will put in a fix, thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Glad to help. yes

And the fix is in the store. Thanks again.

• keithwolffkeithwolff Posts: 23

Is there an easy, built-in way to pose the tail on Rakshasa? I have only been able to pose it with the x, y, z sliders 

If you select the actual root tail object (Rakshasa Tail), there are pose controls that should be pretty helpful.

• keithwolffkeithwolff Posts: 23

Oh, they are under the Parameters tab, I was looking under the Posing tab lol.