BRYCE RENDER CHALLENGE ►►►Early Summer Edition◄◄◄ Theme is ­▄▀▄▀▄ STREAMS ▄▀▄▀▄

Comments

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,177
    edited May 2014

Some beautiful work posted here already. I don't even have any ideas yet.

Someone mentioned cogs and old age, I have the same syndrome ;)

Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • dana365dana365 Posts: 131
    edited December 1969

Already some very cool streams happening!

Horo:
    love that perspective and the creative take on the stream idea! not to mention the stunning terrain!
    I am not so sure about the basket textures, I am thinking a canvas top rail, and more wicker like body would seem more familiar, but then again I have never been hotair ballooning so...

• hergal3dhergal3d Posts: 26
    edited December 1969

Hello chohole, hello guys, I’m an Italian Bryce user.
    From version 2 to 7.1 present, Bryce I have always been amazed by the simplicity of use. Among the upcoming implementations I would like the 64-bit support, as the crash for lack of memory are frequent. I have never posted anything on this forum , however , I would like to participate in the ” Bryce rendering Challenge” with some of my renderings that have as their main subject the dinosaurs in an aquatic environment. I have many other renderings with different sets and different dinosaurs that if you want , I can post you in this forum. When I make a scene I think mainly for 3D lenticular technique. In fact, I like to make renderings stereoscopic rendering the scene from 18 different points of view (calculated with the help of Excel) , with particular software then frames are interlaced in a file that will be assembled after printing with special lenticular sheets that will produce the three-dimensional picture can be viewed without the classic red / cyan glasses . If you pull out a pair of frames I can make a simple color or gray anaglyph. If you will give me the chance , I’ll post the gif animations that simulate the lenticular technique. For the challenge I have attached three renderings : Brachiosaurus altithorax, Eohippus angustidens, Lesothosaurus diagnosticus.
    The dinosaur models are of great Dinoraul (I modified the poses with Poser) the plants and vegetation from Xfrog and Flora 3D models, the soils and rocks I make ​​starting from stereoscopic photographs imported into Photosculpt Textures 2 (I won a challenge and the programmer has offered me a copy of his software). Some textures I made ​​with Filter Forge.
    Sorry for my bad English. Thank you,
    Pino

Lesothosaurus_diagnosticus.jpg
    2000 x 1346 - 2M
    Eohippus_angustidens.jpg
    2000 x 1293 - 1M
    Brachiosaurus_altithorax.jpg
    2000 x 1254 - 981K
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Hergal3D: Hello, and welcome to the forum. Those three scene are really nice, especially the one with the Lesothosaurus. Water material looks really nice. And by the way, your English is just fine.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,287
    edited December 1969

dana365 said:
    Already some very cool streams happening!

Horo:
    love that perspective and the creative take on the stream idea! not to mention the stunning terrain!
    I am not so sure about the basket textures, I am thinking a canvas top rail, and more wicker like body would seem more familiar, but then again I have never been hotair ballooning so...

Thank you. The basked is made of metal because it gives a lot of bang when it hits the ground. ;-P
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

Nice one, Horo..certainly pushes the level up a bit...very nice.

Hergal3D...love the third one...reminisces of the 'Jurassic' movie...."what, you bred raptors" ;)

Jay

edited December 1969

GussNemo: Thank you, I appreciate your comment. I have realized many renderings with Achelosaurus, Allosaurus, Carnotaurus, Cymbospondylus, Monolophosaurus, Triceratops, Abelisaurus, Euoplocephalus, T-Rex and many other, post them on the forum in a few days. :-)

Jamahoney: Too much honor! :red:

• fictionalbookshelffictionalbookshelf Posts: 837
    edited May 2014

Please don't laugh I'm still trying to get the hang of things.

This is a rough draft of my entry number one. It's with the default sky and water at the moment and I plan to do more to it. I did make the stream terrain in the terrain editor.

stream1roughdraft1.jpg
    640 x 480 - 263K
    Post edited by fictionalbookshelf on
    edited May 2014

c-ram said:
    Here is my WIP for the challenge. I've only work on the atmosphere with a foggy dome and for the moment there's only rocks and a little bit of vegetation on the arch and of course the stream itself.

Now that everything seems in place, I'm going to populate my scene with a mix of Bryce palm trees and some vegetation from xfrog oceania plantes bundles.

Hope you find it promissing.

Can't wait to see what you come up with. I love using XFrog 2d trees also. Right now they have 145 free trees in obj and 2D available on their website. I snatched up everyone one of them. They are different than the ones they released a couple years back.

Post edited by fictionalbookshelf on
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @Trish - that's going to be a nice scene, I see the potential.

@GussNemo - good progress.

Here's what I finally came up with.

Title: Omega Loop
    Commercial products used:
    - Bryce 7.1 Pro - High Resolution Terrains - Set 1 (the link does not work yet, product is being processed by DAZ 3D)
    - Hot Air Balloon
    - Aiko 3 Base - 3D Anime Girl, though only a part of the leg is visible
    - Mississippi Steam Boat (found on the Internet in 2005)

There are several streams: the River, i.e. the water on which the boats ride, the air stream on which the balloons move, the hot air streams that keep the balloons aloft, and the video stream from Aiko's smart phone (not visible). ;-)

That's stunning. I love it.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited May 2014

Some nice stuff posted already here. Glad everyone is having fun

This is my first WIP try for a Subterranean Stream, formed by water streaming through the rocks. I am not happy with the falling water

and a 2nd WIP, with some tweaks

Subterranean_Stream2.jpg
    900 x 675 - 403K
    Subterranean_Stream.jpg
    900 x 675 - 447K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Hi chochole. Your preparatory studies are going in the right direction. I would recommend you create a fissure in the rock where to infiltrate the light of day. I think that would make it more magical atmosphere of the image ...

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

Creepy...I like it, but creepy. Looks like the whole cave is lit by black light. Nice work by everyone so far. I've got one almost ready...if only I can quit running out of time...

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,797
    edited December 1969

Hi everybody,

Great works already, I see. Many streams in nice terrains. Nice Dinos too!
    I agree with Dana on the basket of the balloon. I've been in one and it was not metal!

Don't think I will compete this time. Still have no idea what 'streaming' render I would want to make for this challenge.

But I'll keep an eye out and, who knows, maybe I'll find something that is doable even for me and my old laptop.

Keep up the good work!

edited December 1969

@Horo: Don't know how i missed your balloon scene, but it's wonderful.

@fictionairomance: For a WIP that's darn good looking scene.

@Pam: The way you've made that border I get the feeling that cave is being viewed through a peep hole. Water fall in the second image really looks better. Love the color you're using.

edited December 1969

This is my second entry, titled "Life flows on." I used the same terrain but viewed from a different location. I guess the way it came out one could say the stream is a continuation of my first scene.

Ravine_30.png
    1326 x 663 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Nice one, Guss...have seen streams like these where they roll across harder rock with no discernable gully etc. Caution, however, when crossing them...as a slimey buildup causes one to slip easily (my scraped thigh will testify :) )

Okay, first entry. I usually don't do postwork, however, in this instance was forced to as I just couldn't find any descent frog or insects out there, so those included have been added in manually. Now, if I had wanted slugs however, my garden is full of them ;)

Jay
    Title: 'Days Like These'

DaysLikeThese.jpg
    1500 x 743 - 1M
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Jamahoney said:
    Nice one, Guss...have seen streams like these where they roll across harder rock with no discernable gully etc. Caution, however, when crossing them...as a slimey buildup causes one to slip easily (my scraped thigh will testify :) )

Okay, first entry. I usually don't do postwork, however, in this instance was forced to as I just couldn't find any descent frog or insects out there, so those included have been added in manually. Now, if I had wanted slugs however, my garden is full of them ;)

Jay

for the slugs put out bowls of beer in holes - that will take care of most

edited December 1969

for the slugs put out bowls of beer in holes - that will take care of most

My local Badger takes care of them sometimes...but the flashlamp is best for me ;)

Jay

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Jamahoney said:

Jay

Nice one. I like that.

edited December 1969

Cheers. Cholole...have to admit, the theme is a challenge (so many options without referring to the obvious). However, it pushes us, I'll guess, into other Bryce areas none familiar.

Jay

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444
    edited December 1969

Title: Man-Made Stream

Rendered in Bryce 7.1Pro
    The power plant is Condemned--Daz
    The power poles Bryce Premium Object preset
    Flowing water object--Space Bones Share CG
    The faucet modeled in Hexagon 2.5
    I noticed something in the render options drop down menu "lighting" and I chose "boost light".. I don't know if anything that this did for my render... I suppose I should do a render without that checked... to see any difference... I also noticed just today after having my laptop with and Nvidia graphic processor and Just Today I right clicked the Bryce program icon and saw an option to use the Nvidia high performance processor, and I think the render was going a bit faster... I don't know... I have always checked the render option of High for the priority... thinking that that kicked in the Nvidia... Again... I don't know...There are so many ways and things to click it's always an adventure...
    I have enjoyed seeing all the great entries so far and looking forward to seeing more... This is fun.
    Steve

stream2jpeg.jpg
    960 x 720 - 777K
    edited December 1969

Jay:
    wow that is really beautiful

some interesting takes on this contest, challenging for sure

I have been working the Crescent Falls for a while and not even close to finished, my next step is to animate the camera and put sound on the video, but here is a 5 sec of the opening scene shot. (still plagued with the video conversion making it too dark.)

http://youtu.be/RmkOhV2ieNs

I hope it is streamy enough to enter.

Crescent_Falls.jpg
    1024 x 762 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Cheers, dana365

Checked out the vid...waterwall effects look excellent, can't wait for the full ani., (hopefully, with movement of the camera). Will you be putting in characters - people, animals etc.,?

As to the darkness, yeah, YouTube does that always...sigh. Usually I lighten the ani., before uploading, but I've forgotten to do that so many times that having uploaded, say, a large ani., over 500 Mb, (~ five hours waiting for upload to finish), I just don't bother in the end re-uploading a lighter version afterwards.

Jay

edited December 1969

Jay:
    Thank you!, the camera is going to be moving around for sure, but I never thought about placing any creatures or people in the scene. Now that I am thinking about that, maybe when I have the first one done, I can reuse the scene and start trying some character animation, some birds float thru, or some bugs buzz by, the more I think about it, there could be all kinds of life going on in the scene. I like all the life you put into "DaysLikeThese"

edited December 1969

@Jay: Thank you. Days like these is a really good scene. It has a very serene atmosphere. And here I thought slugs were false coins. ;-)

@mtnmen: That's a very unique scene. It looks really nice.

@dana: Watched the waterfall video and really like the results. The speed water is falling gives the impression of a slow moving river.

• magicweavermagicweaver Posts: 244
    edited May 2014

Is this ok? I'd really like to enter, the only post work was blurring the background a tiny bit and adding flutterbys two plants and the water fount and her, the rest is all freebies I found around the web for bryce I tried one render ...oh good lord 9 years ago, didnt like it and didnt use it again but kept up with my download after getting the freebie 5.5. its harder than I thought it would be but the water really wowed me!
    thank you
    blessed be
    Dana

practicepracticepractice.jpg
    1200 x 603 - 158K
    Post edited by magicweaver on
    edited December 1969

Gussnemo:
    Thank you, there is so much more to come, I am not giving up on this build till I get what I want out of it. Love your color choices for your 2nd entry, bold.

Magikweaver:
    the water blows my mind as well, the end result is all that counts, and you have a really cool scene. it really looks like she is demanding the water to react, like to see some more.

edited December 1969

@Magikweaver: That's a very nice scene. Water does look nice.

@dana: Thank you. I couldn't decide if I wanted that red or lighter, but decided to increase the frequency instead. Making that texture smaller seemed to make it blend in better. Or gave me the look I wanted.

• magicweavermagicweaver Posts: 244
    edited December 1969

thank you *blush*