BRYCE RENDER CHALLENGE ►►►Early Summer Edition◄◄◄ Theme is ­▄▀▄▀▄ STREAMS ▄▀▄▀▄

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,287
    edited December 1969

@JStryder - cool idea, nicely done.

@Stuart - simple but beautiful. Looks quite real.

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 1969

Thanks very much dana365, looking forward to the animation.
    Thanks very much Horo.

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444
    edited December 1969

@Chohole... Thanks for the tutorial complete with screen shots... I went over the steps in bed last night... I think I understand the whys and wherefores... and I'll get to work on it later today...
    I really appreciate your help... and hopefully I'll get my "Cannabis College" image put together in time for a second entry in this render challenge...
    Steve

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Horo: Thank you. I was quite surprised how brighter the entire foreground appeared after it rendered.

@dana: I'll post the other image after the challenge is over, I've a daytime render to post as well.

@JStryder: That is a real unique scene, and with a lot of meaning. Well done.

@Stuart: Beautiful scene, as usual. Anytime I see water turn out as in that scene I just melt.

• fictionalbookshelffictionalbookshelf Posts: 837
    edited December 1969

This is a WIP for my entry #3. I have more I want to do with it just not sure what. It's missing something...

June2014BryceEntry3.png
    654 x 850 - 849K
  • fictionalbookshelffictionalbookshelf Posts: 837
    edited December 1969

StuartB4 said:
    Some really nice images submitted here.

I think this is the easiest render I have ever done. 2 Ivy objects made with Ivy Generator, a few leaves from the same and a water plane. HDRI lighting.

This is just beautiful.

edited December 1969

@fictionairomance: Looking good. Maybe a different "green" material? Or maybe adjust the frequency of that material using the Transformation Tools in the Material Lab?

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

It’s missing something…

There will always be something missing...trick is finding it, including it, deleting it ;) Nice one, though...look forward to the final work.

Jay

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,177
    edited December 1969

Great entries from everyone

My 2nd entry. For the terrain I used an Apophyis fractal, 2 xFrog trees and the debris are freebies.

The Polluted Stream

pollutedstream.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 119K
  • dana365dana365 Posts: 131
    edited December 1969

mermaid010:
    very lush scene, I like the floating debris, especially the plastic.I have to check XFrog out, they seem to have some very well made foliage.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,115
    edited December 1969

Really nice entries here !
    Time to submit my second one
    Title : Out of this World.

Out_of_this_World.jpg
    987 x 493 - 117K
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,797
    edited December 1969

Amazing streams I see here. Pastural scenes, streaming light, enormous taps, even poluted streams.
    I thought I would not enter, because of lack of true inspiration for streams.
    So I made some terrains (based on the already almost forgotten rush of terrains in the 'show us your renders' thread). And suddenly I realisted that one of the terrains contained a stream!
    I almost uploaded it without thinking, but, just in time, realised the naked men in the render. I contacted Pam and heard it was not OK with the men being realistic. So I retextured them. I assume this version is OK.

Some technical elements: men posed in DAZ Studio (and one in Poser, because I have to work with that once in a while too). Terrain is actually a symmetrical latice. It is much bigger than the part you can see, so I will use several views in the future for other renders, I think.
    Texturing and rendering (IBL, HDR from sky, true ambience) in Bryce. A little postwork in Picturenaut, because I wanted a little more 'spunk'.

Hope you like it!

Forgot to mention the name: "Floating in the canyon"

canyonsunset2a_copy.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 798K
  • mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444
    edited June 2014

@Chohole...
    I thought I had it all figured out as to doing my light streaming through the stained glass window Especially with your great explanation complete with screenshots... In your explanation you said put a dot in the Transparent channel and you even included a visual showing that dot placement in the COLOR section in the Materials Lab...
    I have in all the time playing around with Bryce not noticed THAT transparent... I am all too familiar with TRANSPARENCY in OPTICS that I use for making picture objects...
    So when I tried to use your great instructions it just didn't work... So I looked at your screenshots again and Voilla!! there was a dot in the color section for TRANSPARENT... and it works...just like it did in your fabulous image... So now that I have actually seen what I was looking at... I'm on my way to getting my second entry completed... Thanks for your help ...everyone...
    Steve

trans_vs_trans.jpg
    500 x 500 - 136K
    Post edited by mtnmen on
    edited December 1969

@mermaid: Lovely scene. Mountain in the background really pulls it together.

@adbc: Like the results in that scene.

@hansmar: Really a neat looking scene.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,115
    edited December 1969

@GussNemo : thank you !

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,177
    edited December 1969

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. This was a lucky accident.

edited December 1969

I'm thinking here of the deer scene in the Harry Potter film (don't ask, if you're not a Potter fan), so it came in handy to log into the old memory banks.

Third, and final entry - Title: Stream of Deer.

Jay

StreamOfDeer.jpg
    1100 x 673 - 1M
  • Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

I don't know nuts about Harry Potter but I know a good render when I see one. That's a good render...

edited December 1969

@fictionalromance - good start. Perhaps continue the river behind the terrain and put another one behind it.

@mermaid010 - very nice, the scene - litered and poluted waters aren't nice as such.

@dbc - that's a prehistoric landscape with the dinos. Interesting plants.

@hansmar - floating in the canyon looks great.

@Jay - how peaceful.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Jamahoney said:
    I'm thinking here of the deer scene in the Harry Potter film (don't ask, if you're not a Potter fan), so it came in handy to log into the old memory banks.

Third, and final entry - Title: Stream of Deer.

Jay

Love this one

edited December 1969

Cheers, Lord Ganthor, Horo and Chohole...much appreciated. The 'click' on my camera startled him ;)

Jay

• c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

Jay : this is a nice entry!

Ok, here's my contribution to this contest : Tropical Stream.

Mixed use of xfrog oceania bundle and Bryce plants/trees. T.A render, 36 rays per pixel. Foggy dome from Dan Whiteside.

Bungalow modeled in wings3d.

Hope you like it and good luck to everyone!

Cheers.

Tropical_Stream.jpg
    2000 x 1280 - 3M
    edited December 1969

Cheers, c-ram...love this one - very balmy, and waterfall works well, too.

Jay

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,797
    edited December 1969

@Jamahoney. What a very nice scene!

@c-ram: wonderful tropical scene. Great use of plants.

@gusnemo and horo: thanks for the nice words!

edited December 1969

Outstanding, Marco. Size matters, one is pulled into the scene when beholding it full size.

• Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 920
    edited December 1969

WOW..... so many wonderful renders here. I think it's a hard job to determine a winner.

JStrider: what a crazy, funny Idea you had with this pig. :-D

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859
    edited June 2014

i loved everyone's picture's with exotic trees, so i thought i would add one of my own i just finished :)

i forgot to add the title of this picture, its called "Paradise from a birds eye view" :)

also ty for the kind comments

Paradise_from_a_birds_eye_view.jpg
    1185 x 555 - 318K
    Post edited by Tim82 on
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Excellent renders Jay and c-ram. Very well done everyone.

edited December 1969

Yeah, thanks, Hansmar and Miss B.

Nice one TimothyBateman...unusual perspective, but it works when one gets oriented.

Jay

• Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 920
    edited December 1969

I have my second entry here. No Water.... its a little bit hotter. :-)

Lava.

Lava.jpg
    1400 x 787 - 733K