BRYCE RENDER CHALLENGE ►►►Early Summer Edition◄◄◄ Theme is ­▄▀▄▀▄ STREAMS ▄▀▄▀▄

12345679»

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,536
    edited December 1969

@Dan - great scene. Glad you could make it in time.

• orbitalorbital Posts: 120
    edited December 1969

Hope I'm in time. All Bryce except some detailing on the waterfalls.

stream_copy.jpg
    1133 x 571 - 398K
  • Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

This is a very pretty piece. The color balance and the haze into the background give it a very Maxfield Parrish look to it. I've been trying to do rocky streams/waterfalls for quite a while and never have accomplished much. This piece might give me thought to go back and try again. I can only see one little problem, if I'm seeing it correctly, that is. The tall grassy weeds at the far left of the piece look as if they're projecting into and through the overhanging rock. I'm guilty of that a lot myself... Beyond that, it's a really well done piece.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,386
    edited December 1969

Wow all the entries are awesome, absolutely stunning.

Getting my last entry in before the deadline. Good luck to everyone.

Almost Dark

almostdark.jpg
    600 x 600 - 29K
    edited December 1969

This is a very pretty piece. The color balance and the haze into the background give it a very Maxfield Parrish look to it. I've been trying to do rocky streams/waterfalls for quite a while and never have accomplished much. This piece might give me thought to go back and try again. I can only see one little problem, if I'm seeing it correctly, that is. The tall grassy weeds at the far left of the piece look as if they're projecting into and through the overhanging rock. I'm guilty of that a lot myself... Beyond that, it's a really well done piece.

Thanks. Yes I missed that plant through the rocks. I started the piece and completed it in about 3 hrs yesterday so it was a bit of a rush job tbh. Like you I had always wanted to do this type of scene but always seemed to give up half way through. Somehow it just worked.
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,536
    edited December 1969

@orbital - that's a beautiful scene. I couldn't complete such a scene in 3 hours.

@mermaid010 - looking good.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I can see the judges are going to have trouble with this one again. Loads of great renders

edited December 1969

@ Horo. Thanks, glad you like it.

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@orbital: You've created a lovely scene.

@mermaid: That is a neat looking scene.

• c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

@ orbital : you've really create a wonderful scene! I like your render style.. and here I particulary like the light, the water fall and stream color. Well done and hat off!

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

Really great entries everyone !!!! well I am sorry to say I did not get mine finished.....so good luck to all!!! Trish

• STKyddSTKydd Posts: 59
    edited December 1969

Getting late with the last two, I wanted this to be minimal almost abstract, There is no nudity the girl is wearing the Bot Armor for Gen 2, but I could not get the new shaders into Bryce so I used Bryce materials on her, I was listening to Hemispheres by Rush when I came up with the idea so yea it's a little on the strange side, it's called Data Stream Interrupted.

Data_Stream.jpg
    1514 x 845 - 676K
  • STKyddSTKydd Posts: 59
    edited December 1969

Last one , It's called, Inside Looking Out
    I have never done a cave render, but was inspired to do one by some of the really cool images I have seen here.
    All of the renders in the challenge have been very beautiful and very inspiring, Good Luck to everyone.
    Looking forward to the next render challenge to see what cool images come out of it. This was a lot of fun.

Thanks
    ST Kydd

Inside_looking_out.jpg
    1514 x 855 - 851K
  • dana365dana365 Posts: 131
    edited December 1969

orbital:
    Truly romantic image, the lighting is amazing, and the water is perfect.

mermaid010:
    very cool, I like the aspect ratio you choose, I need to try something more this way

STKydd:
    Well, after spending all kinds of time trying to find the right words to explain "Data Stream Interrupted" to myself, all I can say is Damn
    that's great!
    "Inside Looking Out" is a fantastic cave image, and the way you placed and lit the being in the shadows is outstanding.

Happy Canada Day! to all my fellow Canadians

• fictionalbookshelffictionalbookshelf Posts: 837
    edited December 1969

I wanted to wish everyone good luck and to say I'm so glad I'm not judging this contest.

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859
    edited December 1969

I wanted to wish everyone good luck and to say I'm so glad I'm not judging this contest.

i must say i agree with that ...best of luck everyone :)

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444
    edited December 1969

@STKydd... I was sucked into Data Stream Interrupted and I loved it... Strange... but I like strange...
    And then I scrolled down to Inside Looking Out... Gorgeous great lighting...
    @Orbital... Beautiful scene .. I especially like the several river rocks exposed in the shallow water and the color induced mood.
    This challenge will be a challenge for the judges... Good luck to them.
    Steve

edited December 1969

Thanks everyone. The technique for the water is one I use quite a lot. In this case I duplicate the terrains used for the waterfall and make them slightly bigger. I then apply incoming sunset mat to it and change the colour in the diffuse channel. A quick mess around with the transparency to get the desirable result. Normally it would be the same process using one plane dropped onto a water plane. I have a tutorial on my page over at renderosity detailing what to do.
    Stkydd loving the modern twist well done.

• magicweavermagicweaver Posts: 244
    edited December 1969

Luck and blessings to everyone!

• Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 920
    edited December 1969

good luck to you all :-)