Comments

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,452
    edited December 2022

nevermind got it installed after 10 tries

Post edited by daveso on
  • AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,382
    edited December 2022

daveso said:

i just bought this but it does not install. there are 2 psrtd, Greeble Generator and Greeble Generator for DAZ Studio 4.5 . Do they both need to be installed. Greeble Generator fails every time with DIM. The other seems to install but there is nothing within DS to indicate that. I looked in HELP- ABOUT PLUGINS and there is nothing there. There is an entry in SHADERS but it only has bump files for IRAY and 6 files for 3Dlight. Does it not work in DS 4.21?

I've uninstalled and installed dseveral times. 

Yes, the Greebles Generator works in Studio 4.21.

The Greebles Generator for Daz Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit) or (Mac 64-bit) is the plugin itself. The other package is a group of bump shaders.

If the plugin is installed, you should see "AB Greebles generator" in the About installed plugins list. You have then to register it with your Serial Number

If you don't see the plugin in the list after installing it, then the problem may be a DIM issue. What did the DIM log (Configuration menu - Show log  ​) report?

DIM configuration settings.jpg
    29 x 28 - 2K
    Post edited by Alberto on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,452

Alberto said:

daveso said:

i just bought this but it does not install. there are 2 psrtd, Greeble Generator and Greeble Generator for DAZ Studio 4.5 . Do they both need to be installed. Greeble Generator fails every time with DIM. The other seems to install but there is nothing within DS to indicate that. I looked in HELP- ABOUT PLUGINS and there is nothing there. There is an entry in SHADERS but it only has bump files for IRAY and 6 files for 3Dlight. Does it not work in DS 4.21?

I've uninstalled and installed dseveral times. 

Yes, the Greebles Generator works in Studio 4.21.

The Greebles Generator for Daz Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit) or (Mac 64-bit) is the plugin itself. The other package is a group of bump shaders.

If the plugin is installed, you should see "AB Greebles generator" in the About installed plugins list. You have then to register it with your Serial Number

If you don't see the plugin in the list after installing it, then the problem may be a DIM issue. What did the DIM log (Configuration menu - Show log  ​) report?

thank you. I uninstalled the package a couple times, and then finally it worked. not sure what was going on. It then showed in HELP section. DIM was giving me failed install for some reason.  

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,869
    edited December 2022

Great, that you get it worked, @daveso

Now show us some of your creations made with Greebles Generator.

Post edited by Artini on
  • manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395
    edited January 2023

this looks awesome! i already have it in my cart.. and suddenly i have doubts if it will work on my system...

- i still have DS 4.11, for reasons, and can't update to the last version, cuz my laptop is a 10 y.o. piece of crap that can't deal with anything past 4.14, nor can i update to an intermediate version between 4.11-4.14, cuz daz support ain't flexible.
    so will it work on 4.11?

- i just mentioned my sorry excuse for a laptop, this laggy crashy piece of garbage hardware.. does greeble generator create a ton of new vertices that will probably crash DS as soon as i extrude a simple plane?

- been rendering hairless cats for eons, which drives me mad, because same laptop crashes/freezes easily or at least lags like hell/renders like a snail with lamh, lamh iray catalyzer, pretty much any type of hair. can greeble at least give the illusion of hair at a distance/no close-ups, without crashing in the same way (like in one of your promos)?

EDIT: never mind, i "splurged" and got it. hilarious i use splurge when today it was discounted down to 4.99 - that's how broke i am..
    anyways, installed just fine, works fine in 4.11 afaik, and yeah cat hair is kinda do-able but looks pretty awful, but on cubes with the recent buildings/skyscaper shader, this gives awesome skylines!

Post edited by manekiNeko on