Pose Fusion Plus for Genesis to Genesis 8 (Commercial)

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    edited July 2020

Comment edited. Thank you for your response. I cannot speak for you or others, but I use this daily. Maybe how you use it and how I use it differs. You are free to return the product if it doesn't work for you.

"2. I thought you would say that but no - you don't in the early part of the video (from about timestamp 45 seconds). You do not minimise because I specifically watched for that. In fact the panel stays on top until the video gets to the next section. I can't find any way to display poses from the content library using your tool. All I get is a Windows File Explorer window open at the poses folder."

I'm confused. I thought you found the minimize button? There is a promo explaining the interface which shows where it is.

"I mentioned in an earlier post that trying to manipulate the pose from within the panel is so very sluggish compared to using the normal parameter sliders in the viewport. That is still the same. Now these two problems make the tool cumbersome. "

Thats what the minimize button is for, so you can use viewport instead of the script sliders if you want to. The slider manipulation inside the script is just for quick access, you are not forced to use it.

Also please do not edit a post after I responded to it because that means I have to edit my response. Rather comment again after. Thanks.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited July 2020
    HeavyRay said:

Don't mean to derail the thread...  just wanted to say "THANK YOU" for the loyalty discount.  You take such damn good care of your customers!!!!  - Ray

You're welcome. Thank you for the kind words Ray:)yes

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    Zev0 said:

Comment edited. Thank you for your response. I cannot speak for you or others, but I use this daily. Maybe how you use it and how I use it differs. You are free to return the product if it doesn't work for you.

"2. I thought you would say that but no - you don't in the early part of the video (from about timestamp 45 seconds). You do not minimise because I specifically watched for that. In fact the panel stays on top until the video gets to the next section. I can't find any way to display poses from the content library using your tool. All I get is a Windows File Explorer window open at the poses folder."

I'm confused. I thought you found the minimize button? There is a promo explaining the interface which shows where it is.

"I mentioned in an earlier post that trying to manipulate the pose from within the panel is so very sluggish compared to using the normal parameter sliders in the viewport. That is still the same. Now these two problems make the tool cumbersome. "

Thats what the minimize button is for, so you can use viewport instead of the script sliders if you want to. The slider manipulation inside the script is just for quick access, you are not forced to use it.

Also please do not edit a post after I responded to it because that means I have to edit my response. Rather comment again after. Thanks.

I do know about the minimise button but that wasn't my point. The point was that your video shows you with the Content Panel open at the same time as the PFP panel and you, in the video, are clicking in both without minimising either. I can't even open the content panel while the PFP panel is open. In fact I can't do anything outside the PFP panel so you are right - the only way to click in the viewport is to mininmise. But that doesn't explain how you did that first part of the video which shows you selecting poses from the content panel and then clicking in the PFP panel - and vice-versa. I suggest you watch the video to see what I mean - starting at about 45 second in and continue until you reach the next segment in the video promo.

Now I did see a comment somewhere about using DAZ Connect (I think) and perhaps that might explain something because I don't use that. Nor do I use Smart Content. So maybe we are talking at cross purposes.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,224
    marble said:
    Zev0 said:

I do know about the minimise button but that wasn't my point. The point was that your video shows you with the Content Panel open at the same time as the PFP panel and you, in the video, are clicking in both without minimising either. I can't even open the content panel while the PFP panel is open. In fact I can't do anything outside the PFP panel so you are right - the only way to click in the viewport is to mininmise. But that doesn't explain how you did that first part of the video which shows you selecting poses from the content panel and then clicking in the PFP panel - and vice-versa. I suggest you watch the video to see what I mean - starting at about 45 second in and continue until you reach the next segment in the video promo.

Now I did see a comment somewhere about using DAZ Connect (I think) and perhaps that might explain something because I don't use that. Nor do I use Smart Content. So maybe we are talking at cross purposes.

I looked at the video @marble, and I see him select a pose in the Content Library pane at 0:45 right before opening the script at 0:46. I never see him click in the Content Library pane while the script window is visible. There are several instances later where he minimizes his script then selects a new pose in the Content Library and then returns to the script.

edited July 2020
    It is called a shortcut key, which is shown in interface promo. You can assign one to instantly open the script after you have a pose selected. I used it in the video. The aim of the video is not to explain everything but to show how it's used. Combining a shortcut key to open and in combo with minimizing is the optimal way to use the product.
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited July 2020
    barbult said:
    marble said:
    Zev0 said:

I looked at the video @marble, and I see him select a pose in the Content Library pane at 0:45 right before opening the script at 0:46. I never see him click in the Content Library pane while the script window is visible. There are several instances later where he minimizes his script then selects a new pose in the Content Library and then returns to the script.

Yes - I see what you mean. The Content panel has things happening but the cursor (i.e. the mouse click) doesn't appear to be there in that panel. I'm watching the video on a small screen so it looked to me like mouse clicks causing the Content Panel actions.

I don't know where to find the Interface Promo that explains the shortcuts though. However, having played with it some more, I'm still not sure that it helps my workflow at all. As I said earlier - perhaps I'm not the ideal target for such a tool as I don't have tons of pose sets to play with, I tend to pose by hand most of the time. I guess the name of the utility should have told me that.

Post edited by marble on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,224
    marble said:
    barbult said:
    marble said:
    Zev0 said:

Yes - I see what you mean. The Content panel has things happening but the cursor (i.e. the mouse click) doesn't appear to be there in that panel. I'm watching the video on a small screen so it looked to me like mouse clicks causing the Content Panel actions.

I don't know where to find the Interface Promo that explains the shortcuts though. However, having played with it some more, I'm still not sure that it helps my workflow at all. As I said earlier - perhaps I'm not the ideal target for such a tool as I don't have tons of pose sets to play with, I tend to pose by hand most of the time. I guess the name of the utility should have told me that.

2nd product promo pop up shows where to click to assign a keyboard shortcut. There is a lot of info in those promo images. You have to spend a little time to to look it over and digest it all.
    barbult said:
    marble said:
    barbult said:
    marble said:
    Zev0 said:

2nd product promo pop up shows where to click to assign a keyboard shortcut. There is a lot of info in those promo images. You have to spend a little time to to look it over and digest it all.

Again, small screen didn't even see that. Just to explain, I have a small laptop beside my main PC. The PC has DAZ Studio running and because I don't want anything else stealing my VRAM, I have the laptop for web browsing. I've just used the zoom function and can now see what you are indicating but I probably wouldn't have guessed why a shortcut would be so important anyway.

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 921

I still can't download Pose Fusion Plus after purchasing the bundle.

• nabob21 said:

I still can't download Pose Fusion Plus after purchasing the bundle.

Did you purchase before the bundle was fixed? I would have expected them to deal with those cases, but in case you were missed I would say open a support ticket https://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us

• Hmmm... I'm intrigued about this product because it is specified as "Pose Fusion Plus for Genesis to Genesis 8", but I would ask for a little clarification. The promo video and screenshots only show taking partial poses from a Genesis 3 Female to another Genesis 3 Female. Is it possible to mix and match poses from basic Genesis to a Genesis 3 model or from a Genesis 8 figure mixed with a GF3 and Gen 2 models? Does it only function between the same generation male and female figures? Sorry if it seems like a silly question.

edited July 2020

Only works on Same Generation poses. You can use converted poses for that generation though, but dynamic multi generation blending wont look right unless you correct/convert those poses. The script won't stop you if you attempt it however.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Zev0 said:

Only works on Same Generation poses. You can use converted poses for that generation though, but dynamic multi generation blending wont look right unless you correct/convert those poses. The script won't stop you if you attempt it however.

Thank you, that's exactly what I suspected. Especially as the early figures couldn't possibly be a direct translation to the new Gen 8 figures. Still, it's amazing stuff. Thanks for the quick reply.

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 921

Richard, yes I did purchase the bundle before it was fixed and I have opened a ticket. Still no luck so far. I am not impressed with the Daz customer service.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,099
    James_H said:

I rather like the infinte loop: though perhaps more Zeno than Zev0 (Presocratic philosophy joke).

The fundamental error those presocratic philosophers made was in thinking that if you plug information into mathematical formulae and run the mathematics, you'll gain valid information (i.e., the truth). While math can enlighten, it can also blind. If the assumptions about your facts (yes, facts can be at least partly theoretical) are incorrect, then although the mathematical calculations may be valid, the information you're supplied with will be invalid. Also consider: there are no facts without a theory. What do you regard as facts? How is basic information derived?

Off subject, sorry; but I just couldn't resist responding and commenting about Zeno and the presocratic philosophers.

• NL189043NL189043 Posts: 5

Do you have plans to add a strength slider so we can choose how much of a partial pose we want to apply?

edited July 2020

Nope. I honestly find that a useless feature. Half the time the results look like an incomplete pose.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Mr BowenMr Bowen Posts: 396

Hi. Thank you for the additional discount. Just to be clear, what is the benefit of this new item to those who already own the original version?

edited July 2020

They do different things. Promos of each product explains it all.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Mr BowenMr Bowen Posts: 396

Ha. Thanks. I actually forgot and was thinking about Pose Builder. Which is similar.

edited July 2020

Pose Fusion Plus is technically "Pose Builder 2"laugh

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Hi,

I got the following problem:

When aply a pose to the hand or the arm, the whole figure moves a bit. Even when I uncheck the checkboxes of "Pose Transforms to include". There seemed to be an error.

My additional suggestions:

- A preview window

- a pose exchange for bone / bone and children: left to right and right to left

- Not only option bone / bone and children, also an option for selection of bones

Best!

• nowefgnowefg Posts: 557

Got the Pose Fusion Bundle this morning. Just tried it. DS 4.12, Windows 10, fast machine.

Loaded a stock G8 figure, and was able to apply one pose using the Browse to Pose Folder Location button and selecting a pose file. I then went to access a second pose, but the Browse to Pose File Location button didn't do anything, didn't take me to the pose location. Interestingly, the Current Pose Load Location box was blank. Tried the Default button, but that didn't do anything.

Tried the Close button, nada, no effect. Basically, the Fuse interface was dead.

I X'ed out of the script, and closed Studio as per usual, but the program crashed instead of closing down normally. When I re-opened Studion, the custom actions I had created for the two Pose Fusion scripts weren't there, because of the crash.

Just for completion's sake, I went through the whole process one more time. Open Studio, create Custion Actions for the two scripts, load a stock G8 figure, open the Pose Fusion script, Now, on the second attempt, I can't even load an initial pose, the Browse to Pose File Location doesn't do anything at all, Current Pose Load Location still blank. Probably, that's where the bug lives.

Again, interestingly, when I clicked the Save tab, the Location was there, just not in Browse tab.

Closied Studio, it crashed again.

edited August 2020
    opiltz said:

Hi,

I got the following problem:

When aply a pose to the hand or the arm, the whole figure moves a bit. Even when I uncheck the checkboxes of "Pose Transforms to include". There seemed to be an error.

My additional suggestions:

- A preview window

- Not only option bone / bone and children, also an option for selection of bones

Best!

Hi. What pose and from what set were you applying to the arm causing the figure to shift?

Need clarification what you are trying to do specifically. Give me a use case scenario where this will be beneficial?

How will this work? Selected bone and below and above was the best solution to get a result. You cannot select multiple bones at once and apply a pose to those specifically in one instance. The Script is designed for one selection at a time only. You run into serious issues when trying to have multiple bones selected at once and trying to add specific options to them at once. Some features are specific to limbs where there is a left and right side which are handled differently to central bones eg things like Pelvis. Some options are disabled depending on what bone is chosen based on its location on figure. If you choose say left shoulder and pelvis how will the script know what options apply to each within its design? It just leads to overcomplication.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited August 2020
    nowefg said:

Got the Pose Fusion Bundle this morning. Just tried it. DS 4.12, Windows 10, fast machine.

Loaded a stock G8 figure, and was able to apply one pose using the Browse to Pose Folder Location button and selecting a pose file. I then went to access a second pose, but the Browse to Pose File Location button didn't do anything, didn't take me to the pose location. Interestingly, the Current Pose Load Location box was blank. Tried the Default button, but that didn't do anything.

Tried the Close button, nada, no effect. Basically, the Fuse interface was dead.

I X'ed out of the script, and closed Studio as per usual, but the program crashed instead of closing down normally. When I re-opened Studion, the custom actions I had created for the two Pose Fusion scripts weren't there, because of the crash.

Just for completion's sake, I went through the whole process one more time. Open Studio, create Custion Actions for the two scripts, load a stock G8 figure, open the Pose Fusion script, Now, on the second attempt, I can't even load an initial pose, the Browse to Pose File Location doesn't do anything at all, Current Pose Load Location still blank. Probably, that's where the bug lives.

Again, interestingly, when I clicked the Save tab, the Location was there, just not in Browse tab.

Looking into it. Can you send me a log please So we can see exactly what is going on? Thanks

Post edited by Zev0 on
    Zev0 said:
    nowefg said:

Looking into it. Can you send me a log please So we can see exactly what is going on? Thanks

I have the log and the Daz crash log, PM'd you about how to attach or send those.

Big thanks to Bitwelder and Zev0, for working with me resolve the issues I was having with Pose Fusion.

It's working now, and is an amazing resource, much more so than I expected. Your help is very appreciated!

You're welcome. Thanks for the supportyes

• Not sure why but does not seem to work with School Girl poses for Genesis 8 Female by disordercode. 

https://www.daz3d.com/school-girl-poses-for-genesis-8-females

Could be because they linked to props. I'll have to test this set.