Aiko 6 - what would you see in the bundles?

cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
edited May 2014 in The Commons

So according to Countdown To Summer sale (http://www.daz3d.com/sales-promotions/countdown-2-summer), Aiko 6 is coming out in June. That's nice. Can you share your preferences for the bundles?

For instance, I'd like to see some down-to-earth hairstyles, possibly one with a longer braid - or a pair of them. Moreover, some everyday clothes - perhaps overalls? - and a few fantasy sets. By fantasy, I mean PRACTICAL stuff like long trousers, boots without high-heels, a knee-length or longer dress, maybe a cloak. No skimpwear, there are loads of that if you want to use them, no need to have them in the bundles as far as my opinion is concerned. As for the characters, I'd love to get a more ethnic bunch - dark skins. Maybe a Hawaiian or an African? That would be a well-deserved break from the average "brunette Caucasian". I see no particular need for another set of poses - you can either adapt the current ones or make your own. It would be a better bang for our buck if the bundles contained only stuff that is difficult to create yourself (characters, hairstyles, clothes).

You can also talk about A6 if general if you like. I estimate she may come out after the 15th of June. Why? Because today is the 20th of May, whereas the sale will last 25 days. This leaves us with the sale ending on the 15th and if A6 is supposed to bear a significant discount for people who buy several new releases covered by the event, she must not be available for purchase before Countdown To Summer ends.

Post edited by cecilia.robinson on

Comments

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Aiko has always (supposed to have) been DAZ3D's "anime/manga girl," so I think the bundle items should play to that. Asian skins (we can count Hawai'ian there) and Japanese clothing (pity that manomano sells at Rendo) would be smiled upon, at least from this quarter.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722
    edited December 1969

Oh yea, another new figure I have no need for. Hopefully there will be some outfits or accessories (MORE HEELS!!) I can use for GF2. Seriously, with GenX I already have access to Aiko 3, 4, 5, with GF2 why another?

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,970
    edited December 1969

Any chance of NOT having another new UV? ;)

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

A female bundle with no skimp wear?

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

stuff to show off her cuteness.

i've warmed to Aiko5. thanks to characters like Momo.

not that i luv Aiko3 any less. :)

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602
    edited May 2014

I thought they would be releasing a new male figure. We had a female this month. =-)

The only figures I tend to use are the realistic ones, so Giselle, and Aiko aren't my thing.

The only way aiko will be useful for me, is if her wardrobe and hair are useful.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 905
    edited December 1969

It will probably be skimp wear with a smattering of typical Anime stuff so a Japanese school girl outfit, maybe a maid outfit, and possibly some kind of anime sci-fi outfit.

I just wish the next bundle was another male figure. That's what I want to see.

• ChangelingChickChangelingChick Posts: 3,145
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    Any chance of NOT having another new UV? ;)

Here here to that!
    Seconded with much enthusiasm.

I just wish the next bundle was another male figure. That's what I want to see.

My thoughts exactly.

• R25SR25S Posts: 595
    edited December 1969

Different asian Skin Colors, some asian face Morph and asian tattoos - traditional japanese full Body tattoos like dragons, gods and demons.
    Anime and Manga Morphs - like BelBel and ChibiBel
    Anime and Manga style hair.
    Different Kimono styles and Miko clothing, School Uniforms and something like Cyber Knight.

• XenaXena Posts: 650
    edited December 1969

Hopefully there will be some outfits or accessories (MORE HEELS!!) I can use for GF2.

I think you'll like what you see from me ;)
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,930
    edited May 2014

This is interesting, as Aiko has covered such a wide range over the previous three generations, but the trend at DAZ is clearly towards more niche marketing. With that in mind, I have to coach my "wants" in terms of what one can realistically expect with the Aiko brand.

First, two negatives. I really, really, really hope that we won't see more cute fairy type stuff, even though that's a market that Aikos 3 & 4 owned in the past. That category of product has now officially been filled to overflowing by Giselle. Seriously, another outfit made of plant leaves and I'm outta here. Also, please, no more wonky lopsided hair styles. That... thing... that came with AIko 5 is something that I've never used because no human being, not even an anime character, is going to walk around with a knot of seventeen pounds of hair stuck on one side of their head. You wanna do "anime" hairstyles, great, I've got no problem with that, but take a look at what characters in anime and manga actually wear first.

Okay, with that out of the way...

Yet another set of schoolgirl clothes seems inevitable. For once, though, I hope we see something that actually looks like a real school uniform, constructed of separate pieces rather than an all-in-one piece sailor suit (the technical name of which is a fuku). In Japan every single school has it's own distinctive style, so the option to extend to a mix and match would actually make it useful to people who actually work in the manga market, but at the very least give us a separate blazer. I'm also expecting to see the Goth clothing return, and while I'm hopeful it'll be more realistic stuff along the lines of Bunny Dazed, Dark Moods and Odd Wear, I suspect we're going to get another lolicon fetish outfit. Bleh.

As to what I really want... well, personally, I preferred the video-game direction that Aiko 5 took, so I'd like to see more of an evolution in that direction. Gen 6 already has a metric buttload of bodysuits, but there hasn't been anything with the simple elegance of Mech Girl. I'd also like to see a classic Ninja outfit. NOT one of the swimsuit-like Kunoichi outfit like we've seen in the past (though I'll take one of those too,) but a fitted female Shinobe Shozuko along the lines of Luthbel's Way of The Shinobi. And isn't it about time that we got a real pilot's fllightsuit for all those fantasy mechs?

And while it doesn't belong in the Aiko bundle, you know what would be really great to release at the same time? How about some new texture sets for things like the West Park subway and school sets with JAPANESE signage?

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,800
    edited May 2014

Since we're not seeing a successor to Hitomi, here's to hoping that Aiko 6 will reclaim her 3D Anime Girl title.

I'd personally love to see Hiro come crawling back to her... :smirk:

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

I would also be happy if Mitsu Hair got a Gen2F upgrade. A3 always looked cute wearing it, I'm certain Gen2F would too. Ah... Traditional clothes would be wonderful. We've got that furisode from Sickleyield - very good thing - but let's say more everyday stuff could be a great addition! I think a historically accurate (at least to some extent) ninja outfit would be pretty cool (I could accept a prop set like fans, katanas and those cute umbrellas). Well, now I'm getting wilder... Koi carps! I'd be overjoyed to see A6 cosplaying traditional costumes and playing with some koi carps in a little pond (I guess Stonemason, Dreamlight and Jack Tomalin could make fantastic stuff).

To add some modern touch, perhaps a geek set or even several of those? The Japanese get pretty excited by new hobbies, so clothes like Odd Wear and Dark Moods could be very appropriate - and the PAs could make many textures with silly markings on them :). Lastly, a more serious addition: a mask to protect from all the dust.

I totally agree with my interlocutors that bodysuits, fetish goth lolita dresses and another bikini is a stupid idea. I hope the hairstyles will be reasonable too: the braids for a student (an Asian toddler morph could be lovely), perhaps a bob cut for the geeks. Something like you can see in "Vasabi" with Jean Reno.

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

Okay, so since Aiko is the Anime girl, practical, real world, modern day clothing is out, unless we're talking a proper school uniform with assorted parts. I'm expecting stuff mostly inspired by Fantasy/Sci-Fi JRPG, and heavy on the fanservice.

However, some decent Anime hairstyles that can be produced in the real world (more or less) are quite possible.

What I'd want would be the afore mentioned proper uniform, something in the flowy-anime princess category (either dynamic or with a metric ton of handles and morphs) and maybe something in the ninja or warrior category. And anime-esque but real-world possible hair.

I'm still waiting for that one set of practical armor for G2F, but I certainly don't expect it here.

• GumpOtakuGumpOtaku Posts: 106
    edited December 1969

I suggest an A3 clone so that A3's awesome clothes would be able to fit. I cannot stress this enough, but It would be nice if there would be an Auto Fit update for the friggin shoes!

Also I would also like more Asian skins. Variety is the spice of life, as they say.

NOTE: This is DAZ, people. WHEN did they have a figure release that satisfied anyone?

~GO

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited May 2014

Greetings,
    Just to note...

Also, please, no more wonky lopsided hair styles.
    While I understand that the A5 hair you're referring to was...kinda nuts (although in fairness it's essentially an overkill version of Misty's hair from Pokemon), one of my absolute favorite hairs ever is the 'End of Summer' hair which is an asymmetric hair style.

As for the rest, well... I don't expect 'a real school uniform' for an anime character. I expect something very stylized.

I'd love to see more science-fiction-y stuff, space suits, both rational-style and greebled... Someone get Hellfish Studios on the line to produce something specific for A6.

Anime is not just Sailor Moon. It's come a long way since then... I'd love to see something that mirrored other varieties... Clamp's stuff, like Tsubasa Chronicles, has some wonderful outfits for the female characters, especially Sakura. I'm not sure how well they translate to 3D (flowy is hard!) but it's worth a try. Since it's not tight and form-fitting, I understand it's a lot harder to implement. (I know I'm still talking a bunch of years ago, but my kids are loving watching Tsubasa Chronicles right now.)

The outfit and hair to make a Hatsune Miku-like character...

Speaking of hair, can we PLEASE get an official remake of the Mitsu Hair for G2F?! I wouldn't mind XinXin also, but Mitsu is just SO lovely!

A really nice vest would not go amiss...

I admit, I'm a big fan of asymmetric clothing, and it shows up often in anime. I'd love asymmetric skirts, kind of like Yuna's basic outfit in FFX-2, and similarly asymmetric shirts.

I don't expect A6 to have normal clothing unless it's clothing that is typical of Anime, like school uniforms, etc... That would be boring, and not thematically appropriate.

-- Morgan

Post edited by CypherFOX on
    edited December 1969

Okay, so since Aiko is the Anime girl, practical, real world, modern day clothing is out, unless we're talking a proper school uniform with assorted parts. I'm expecting stuff mostly inspired by Fantasy/Sci-Fi JRPG, and heavy on the fanservice.

However, some decent Anime hairstyles that can be produced in the real world (more or less) are quite possible.

What I'd want would be the afore mentioned proper uniform, something in the flowy-anime princess category (either dynamic or with a metric ton of handles and morphs) and maybe something in the ninja or warrior category. And anime-esque but real-world possible hair.

I'm still waiting for that one set of practical armor for G2F, but I certainly don't expect it here.

Yes, for instance spunky short haircuts with lots of morphs like Mairy and 3Dream include plus a lot of energetic dyes. Some cute pigtails (those should also have realistic textures - Valea?). Definitely something with fringes, especially with a morph so that you can make them to almost cover the eyes or otherwise, cut them short.

I suggest an A3 clone so that A3's awesome clothes would be able to fit. I cannot stress this enough, but It would be nice if there would be an Auto Fit update for the friggin shoes!

Also I would also like more Asian skins. Variety is the spice of life, as they say.

Yes twice - both for the clone and Asian skins. I think an African and Hawaiian one would be a hit too. There are so few of them. They can ommit white girls, but Asian ones are bound to be there and it's good. I'd be happy to have Raiya and Valea make the skins, they're so realistic.

edited December 1969

Pretty soon Jared will be lurking dis here thread, reading to strike his mallet with some trolling. Just you wait!

I have some more suggestions:

1) An G2F fit and\or new textures for the A3 basic wear
    2) I third the Mitsu Hair refit option. That hair is versitile on many fronts, plus the textures are 'o plenty.
    3) I also like the video game style of A5. More game-inspired clothing should be fitting if the trend is to continue in A6. I think some of the commenters here have some ideas. I'll come up with some.
    4) some exciting environments for her to do her thing.

~GO

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

GumpOtaku said:
    Pretty soon Jared will be lurking dis here thread, reading to strike his mallet with some trolling. Just you wait!

Well I don't have a hammer in my avatar for nothing you know ;-)

edited December 1969

GumpOtaku said:

2) I third the Mitsu Hair refit option. That hair is versitile on many fronts, plus the textures are 'o plenty.
    3) I also like the video game style of A5. More game-inspired clothing should be fitting if the trend is to continue in A6. I think some of the commenters here have some ideas. I'll come up with some.

~GO

Yes! It would be very nice to have the previous owners of the current Mitsu Hair sets to get a free update. Cosplay and gamer items are very welcome! It should be one of the themes. "Cute" and "sexy" stuff sections are abundant, while it's quite difficult to dress up a geek. Oh, perhaps a roleplayer pack? :D

edited December 1969

GumpOtaku said:

~GO

Yes! It would be very nice to have the previous owners of the current Mitsu Hair sets to get a free update. Cosplay and gamer items are very welcome! It should be one of the themes. "Cute" and "sexy" stuff sections are abundant, while it's quite difficult to dress up a geek. Oh, perhaps a roleplayer pack? :D

I gotz an idea. How's about some sexy pairs of glasses?

~GO

edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:
    GumpOtaku said:

Well I don't have a hammer in my avatar for nothing you know ;-)

Well whadd I tell y'all? I have provoked the gateway man!

~GO

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited May 2014

Cypherfox said:
    Anime is not just Sailor Moon. It's come a long way since then... I'd love to see something that mirrored other varieties... Clamp's stuff, like Tsubasa Chronicles, has some wonderful outfits for the female characters, especially Sakura. I'm not sure how well they translate to 3D (flowy is hard!) but it's worth a try. ...
    I have a vague idea: http://www.sharecg.com/v/59422/browse/11/Poser/The-Magical-Dress-Platinum-for-A4 ;-)
    (Right anime character, possibly wrong anime, definitely wrong generation of DAZ3D figure - although AutoFit might help.)

Plenty of those already out there - for characters that aren't from DAZ3D. Check my Kururu freebies list over in the Freepozitory for one set.

There's a reason I mentioned manomano when I made my earlier post - anime clothing doesn't have to be period-piece or sci-fi, as Super GALS! showed us a decade ago. Shibuya fashions change as often as New York fashions, after all, and somebody's going to wear them. It would be nice if that somebody was A6.

(For that matter, I would love it if somebody with more skills at wardrobe rigging than me would model what's in the closets of the characters from Super GALS! Even the school uniform is unique - cardigan over blouse, with skirt.)

Post edited by robkelk on
  • BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761
    edited December 1969

I'm hoping to see more sci fi stuff. Aiko should have 2 personas, one sweet and cute and the other sexy and over the top. Love Aiko 5 and hope that they continue along with the video game styles.

edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    I have a vague idea: http://www.sharecg.com/v/59422/browse/11/Poser/The-Magical-Dress-Platinum-for-A4 ;-)
    (Right anime character, possibly wrong anime, definitely wrong generation of DAZ3D figure - although AutoFit might help.)Yes, that's the character, although for its original anime as you mention. The outfits in Tsubasa Chronicle are a little more flowing. I'd love to see something like that in A6's release-or-soon-after inventory.

Cypherfox said:

Plenty of those already out there - for characters that aren't from DAZ3D. Check my Kururu freebies list over in the Freepozitory for one set.
    Well, yes, and Mitsu's hair is for Genesis, but I'd love to see all this stuff specifically for A6. I like my G2F bends and capabilities. :)

I poked through the kururu freepozitory post, and unfortunately a LOT of the links are just completely dead.

There's a reason I mentioned manomano when I made my earlier post - anime clothing doesn't have to be period-piece or sci-fi, as Super GALS! showed us a decade ago.So I took a quick glance at superGALS! and that cued something else for me... Loose socks! Like in this picture a common attribute of the outfits of anime characters is the loose socks. I certainly have enough stockings for the tight side, but I can't think of anything that'll work reasonably well for looser socks.

I admit, just once I'd love to see them include a location with a character. They did it with the super-suit, including a bunch of older locations, but it'd be neat to get like...a high school facade, for the everpresent high school anime. (shock! There is no 'Parkside High' exterior?!!')

But seriously, refresh the Mitsu hair. It doesn't have to be free, I'll pay for it. It's so good a hair...

-- Morgan

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    (shock! There is no 'Parkside High' exterior?!!')

Am I the only one who vaguely remembers Jack saying some time ago that there was more Parkside stuff in various stages of planning/playing with ideas? I can't remember, though, if exteriors were mentioned. That would be an instant sale from me if there were.
  • Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

I'd like to see more of an "anime" look, like Kururu or Nearme. The anime look for aiko has taken a sharp turn for the worse since aiko 3.

• ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385
    edited December 1969

Aiko3: great!
    Aiko4: worst of all.
    Aiko5: better textures and clothes, just that.
    Aiko6: you better impress me!

I second the NearMe character design too in mind.
    why not a second release for Hitomi and Asobi?

edited December 1969

Greetings,

why not a second release for Hitomi and Asobi?
    Because Hitomi was a purely PA-driven character, on the order of Domina, except MUCH more widely supported. It was not a DAZ character, and if the PA feels Hitomi should be refreshed for Gen2 (and has time) they'll probably do it.

I loved Hitomi also. I'm not sure I need an H2, though.

On a different note, I've tried to work with A3 in the past, and I'm just convinced that folks have some rose-colored memories. I don't like trying to work with V4, it's like pulling teeth to get anything to work, but A3 is even harder...

It's also worth noting that the low-poly, non-subD nature of A3 made it a little more 'anime'-relatable than a high-poly (at least via subD) character designed as a VERY human mesh. In other words, you're likely to be no happier than A5 for A6 because there's going to be more realism in the character than toon-ish-ness. If that's what you're looking for, set your expectations based on the fact that G2F is fundamentally a realistic model, and making it 'toon' is Hard. Not disparaging the product before I've seen it, goodness knows I'm almost a lock to buy it, just trying to help manage expectations for an 'A3 killer'. :)

-- Morgan

edited December 1969

GumpOtaku said:
    I gotz an idea. How's about some sexy pairs of glasses?

Glasses? It's a very good idea! Shame nobody called it up sooner :). Yes, glasses in many shapes - big sunglasses, typical librarian glasses, geek glasses, even more retro glasses that Girl 6 could wear.