Aiko 6 - what would you see in the bundles?

124»

Comments

• ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385
    edited December 1969

I couldn't resist to do this... %-P

comicSoon.jpg
    960 x 1636 - 390K
  • cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

Life is brutal.

• BorgBoy7BorgBoy7 Posts: 102
    edited December 1969

So according to Countdown To Summer sale (http://www.daz3d.com/sales-promotions/countdown-2-summer), Aiko 6 is coming out in June. That's nice. Can you share your preferences for the bundles?

For instance, I'd like to see some down-to-earth hairstyles, possibly one with a longer braid - or a pair of them. Moreover, some everyday clothes - perhaps overalls? - and a few fantasy sets. By fantasy, I mean PRACTICAL stuff like long trousers, boots without high-heels, a knee-length or longer dress, maybe a cloak. No skimpwear, there are loads of that if you want to use them, no need to have them in the bundles as far as my opinion is concerned. As for the characters, I'd love to get a more ethnic bunch - dark skins. Maybe a Hawaiian or an African? That would be a well-deserved break from the average "brunette Caucasian". I see no particular need for another set of poses - you can either adapt the current ones or make your own. It would be a better bang for our buck if the bundles contained only stuff that is difficult to create yourself (characters, hairstyles, clothes).

You can also talk about A6 if general if you like. I estimate she may come out after the 15th of June. Why? Because today is the 20th of May, whereas the sale will last 25 days. This leaves us with the sale ending on the 15th and if A6 is supposed to bear a significant discount for people who buy several new releases covered by the event, she must not be available for purchase before Countdown To Summer ends.

Oh come on, no skimpwear at all?! That's just like having a turkey dinner with mashed potatos and no gravy! Ok sure they over do it sometimes but they under do it sometimes too and it seems really dull. I do agree about some basics in the clothing department though.
    Looking back over the last few months there has been some really really skimpy...clothes if you can call them that. And yes, I bought most of them. (guilty as charged) But what do you expect, I'm a guy...

• BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761
    edited December 1969

Aiko isn't about normal, her clothes should be stylized. The bundle should have 1 generic Japanese schoolgirl outfit, one skimpy fantasy armor, one skimpy sci fi outfit, one sci fi armor, one generic girl next door "I'm too sweet for a toothache" outfit, one magic girl outfit, A hair to replace Mitsu, a goth lolita dress, and a straight long hair with bangs.

oh, and set of cat ears with tail.

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

BorgBoy7 said:
    Oh come on, no skimpwear at all?! That's just like having a turkey dinner with mashed potatos and no gravy! Ok sure they over do it sometimes but they under do it sometimes too and it seems really dull. I do agree about some basics in the clothing department though.
    Looking back over the last few months there has been some really really skimpy...clothes if you can call them that. And yes, I bought most of them. (guilty as charged) But what do you expect, I'm a guy...

I'm a realist - there WILL be skimpwear, so you'll be covered. In this thread, we discuss what SHOULD be included but may NOT get the attention it deserves. Skimpwear is BOUND to show up, so talking about it was kind of unnecessary for us there. I've never seen DAZ or any other 3D shop "underdoing" skimpwear, you know ;).

Aiko isn't about normal, her clothes should be stylized. The bundle should have 1 generic Japanese schoolgirl outfit, one skimpy fantasy armor, one skimpy sci fi outfit, one sci fi armor, one generic girl next door "I'm too sweet for a toothache" outfit, one magic girl outfit, A hair to replace Mitsu, a goth lolita dress, and a straight long hair with bangs.

Let's browse the shop NOW.

Skimpy armour? Checked (lots of).

Skimpy SF? Checked (as above).

Generic girl-next-door "I'm too sweet for a tootache"? Checked.

Goth lolita dress? Checked (even for Gen2F, although V4 and A4 got lots of them).

No conclusion to be stated :).

• zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

"Magical Girl" is a style I'm always on the lookout for. :) I usually mix and match, sometimes putting a bodysuit under another outfit, but that's ok.

What existing sets do you folks think fills this category? Enamore Mage comes to mind, at least with the Magus Style texture set.

Firefly for A3 was good, too. Any other suggestions, especially for more recent generations?

• nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

I'd like to see the HD Morphs included with the bundle. Even with the discounts, it gets expensive having to turn around and shell out another $30 or even $40 for the HD pack.