DRAGONESIA - DRAGON3 & G2M CLOTHING SET W.I.P [COMMERCIAL]

MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
edited December 1969 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Hi, here is my work in progress of Dragonesia for D3 and G2M
it is first test rigging after base modeling so not details modeled yet for both the Dragon and G2M set
modeled in Zbrush previews DS
I think I will be done with the set at the end of June
SET IS COMPLETE WITH CLOTHING, FOOTWEAR AND HAIR

I hope you like

Cath

d5.jpg
1395 x 905 - 509K
d4.jpg
1395 x 905 - 422K
d3.jpg
1395 x 905 - 411K
d2.jpg
1395 x 905 - 491K
d1.jpg
1395 x 905 - 413K

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Oh wow. Looks like the diet continues ... :)

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited December 1969

LOl thanks Simon ! ;)

• Design Anvil - Razor42Design Anvil - Razor42 Posts: 1,234
    edited December 1969

Looking awesome!
    Very nice work!

• RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 899
    edited December 1969

This looks great and since it is a G2m outfit I'll likely snap it up. I look forward to seeing how it looks when it is textured!

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

Well, that looks nice! Any outfit for Gen2M is likely to catch my eye. Just remember to make it practical please :).

edited December 1969

Thanks everyone !

just reminder .. this is a set for dragon and dragon rider one product ..
    the g2m clothing set is actually add-on I trow into the dragon set so they both much better together :)

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I so wish I liked the new Dragon but I don't. Will G2M's outfit be a separate product?

edited December 1969

you will need to have the full pro bundle to like the dragon , since all the best stuff are there to use with
    I was disappointed with the dragon skin texturing that did not match the HD morph for that reason I will make my own skin and matching HD morph

let me finish texturing of the G2M set and other stuff so people can see and decide if they would like to have it sold separate or not
    the dragon rider is a game style full body clothing , so only hair, additional hood, shoes and the vest is separate the rest is one model with different material zones for the shirt, straps pants etc..

Szark said:
    I so wish I liked the new Dragon but I don't. Will G2M's outfit be a separate product?
    edited December 1969

Yeah cool Cath I will chill, sit back and enjoy the ride. :)

I think that is what irks me about the new Dragon, having to spend that much to get a half decent dragon. They would have gotten my money if the base was better. If some more cool morphs come out then I may get it but as it stands now I wouldn't.

edited December 1969

the base is good for someone that can do own stuff with but the pro set have it all
    I am going to use the base soon for another kind of dragon with different wings and other stuff as I like the more classical old look
    dragons that have wings don\t have lizard tail as they would never fly with tail like that but the base is good for something cool and creative
    and can\t wait to play with it soon

edited December 1969

That is what I like to hear. Sounds like we both have the same vision of what a Dragon could be. If in the future more better morphs come available then I will get it. I like the idea of having a Genesis type of base mesh, that isn't the issue. The issue for me is what is in store now doesn't come up to my standard.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm afraid to post anything to this thread. Simple question though. If we do not wish to use the Battle axe will the Dragon Axe tail be removable as a item or just by the Surface tab?

edited December 1969

Why afraid Jad?

Ok I will stop my moaning here and take it somewhere else. LOL

edited December 1969

The tail axe is a separate figure from the rest so you don't use it at all or hide just the end axe via surface
    I have also separate the tail armor parts, and also 1 additional straps only figure for the body
    separate armor part for arms and legs and separate braces so you can create different type of looks
    and since it is still a test rigging anything can be reworked before the final setup

P.S don't be afraid to say anything as now it is the right time to speak ! and any ideas or suggestions can only improve the work as long it is still editable :)

Jaderail said:
    I'm afraid to post anything to this thread. Simple question though. If we do not wish to use the Battle axe will the Dragon Axe tail be removable as a item or just by the Surface tab?
    edited December 1969

I will say though that Cath is becoming one, among a few, of my favourite PA's with the quality. I like the Dragon Armour very much. So much better then what appeared in the store recently.

edited December 1969

Thanks Szark ! you still negative hahahah .. let it go .. let it go.. lalala LOL
    I did not know what was cooking for the store to tell you the truth and after I saw I was not sure if I should go forward
    it is not so easy to work with the dragon as the horns morphs getting in the way so I got the idea to make the loops around them
    also I would prefer to have the dragon without wings as the base and geo-grafted wings as and option it would be even more versatile and much easy to do anything modeling or rigging ..

I may do the full set in 2 colors, tan leather with bronze metal and black leather with iron-steel ..if time allow also reworking the dragon skin so it looks more like a dragon and not lizard dino and maybe new wings design as I got inspired

Szark said:
    I will say though that Cath is becoming one, among a few, of my favourite PA's with the quality. I like the Dragon Armour very much. So much better then what appeared in the store recently.
  • Tarina KiviTarina Kivi Posts: 488
    edited March 2017

Post edited by Tarina Kivi on
    edited December 1969

Thank Tarina for another lovely comments !

edited December 1969

I caused quite a stir the last time I posted to a WIP thread. I just did not wish to do so again. Thank you for the info. I have no other ideas than not using the Axe at this time.

I highly respect all PA's, if I had the skills to do the things I might ask about myself I would. I do not. That is why I ask for or about the things I do. What little skill I have is all used up in loading stuff and getting it to render.

edited December 1969

It is all Ok It was not that dramatic to be afraid to post again and I am glad you did .. I think you got my reply the wrong way ,I guess the last time it was just wrong timing since the set was already setup and textured it cost a lot of time to make, it is always good to ask or suggest something
    and after your question I was thinking directly I may create the tail axe as a smart prop so I can add other kind of weapons and not just the axe .. so you see it worked perfect this time and the final product will be more versatile for those that would like to use it .. I may add the right dragon tail end so he can become an Air Dragon another idea :) etc..etc.. and that what W.I.P's threads are for to evolve into fantastic creations

Jaderail said:
    I caused quite a stir the last time I posted to a WIP thread. I just did not wish to do so again. Thank you for the info. I have no other ideas than not using the Axe at this time.

I highly respect all PA's, if I had the skills to do the things I might ask about myself I would. I do not. That is why I ask for or about the things I do. What little skill I have is all used up in loading stuff and getting it to render.
    edited May 2014

Well thank you, and other weapons as a option would really be a nice touch. I'll try to keep my helpy idea's in the early days of the WIP threads just to be safe.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Mec4D said:
    Thanks Szark ! you still negative hahahah .. let it go .. let it go.. lalala LOL
    ROFLOL I know like a dog with a bone. It's a new day and I am letting it go now. ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mellow :)
    edited December 1969

LOL hehe

here the first texture and modeling detail preview ..next Vest ,Hoood and Boots

Szark said:
    Mec4D said:
    ROFLOL I know like a dog with a bone. It's a new day and I am letting it go now. ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mellow :)
    ZBrush_Document4.jpg
    1517 x 1138 - 769K
    test4.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 457K
    test3.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 293K
    test2.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 319K
    test1.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 355K
  • Tarina KiviTarina Kivi Posts: 488
    edited March 2017

Post edited by Tarina Kivi on
  • Design Anvil - Razor42Design Anvil - Razor42 Posts: 1,234
    edited December 1969

Coming along really nicely!

edited December 1969

Glad you like it , here is the dark option
    did not used displacement just the normal maps but you can use included displacement for even more deeper details

ZBrush_Document.jpg
    1138 x 1517 - 398K
    test6.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 401K
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Sold ...! :)

• CathyMCathyM Posts: 261
    edited December 1969

Absolutely love this whole thing Cath! The dragon armor looks wonderful - love that the tail weapon is there, but also removable. I especially love the outfit, the mix of fabric, leather and metal is really different and unique, textured it just comes to life... love the boots, love the shoulder pouch, love the hair - another amazing work of art! -Cathy

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,313
    edited December 1969

Szark said:

I've been trying hard to follow the Thumper Rule ("If ya can't say nothin' nice, don't say nothin' at all") but I really, Really, REALLY don't care for the Dragon 3 at all. There I said it. That said, I would quickly purchase this G2M outfit alone, but if it is ONLY available as a part of the dragon armor package, I might have to pass on it. That would be a shame because MEC4D stuff is always top notch.

edited December 1969

LOL I normally follow that self imposed rule and generally keep my moaning to myself or to private conversations. Anyway such as life, win some, you lose some.

I will look forward to see what comes in the future for the base. This armour is a good start. I like the clothing too.