The completely gratuitous complaint thread

Comments

• Three WishesThree Wishes Posts: 471
    Mystiarra said:

today was a big spending day.  fryday

apart from medical bills wihch will likely never be paid off

i finished paying off every single debt, personal loans from friends, commercial debts,  . 
    freedommmm  free as the wind blows free as the grass grows, born freeee

no student debt, car debts, insurance debts, no car - no repairs and upkeep.

is just rent, phone, wifi, webhost.  and every medical thing i can pay 5 bux s month.  the eye dr bills, has 2 eye drs, will send 100 a month. amazon prime. if dragon 4 pro ever arrives
    the occasional donation to buppy shelters. 
    retirement here i come smileyangel

geez ise bored already. 

Congratulations!  What a terrific feeling, yes?

Last month I made my final student loan payment after only *mumble* years.  Another year+ on the car, and then I, too, will finally be dealing with current expenses only.  I cannot wait. 

• lana_lasslana_lass Posts: 518
    Gogger said:
    Chohole said:
    Tjohn said:

Congrats to TheKD!

And will a Mod please split the Thread?

Thanks muchly.

Complaint   Mods are not on duty 24/7    and we live in all sorts of different time zones

RE: and we live in all sorts of different time zones
    Right! Effectively providing 24/7 coverage due to the variety of on-duty time zones, right?
      In all seriousness, we appreciate you when you are here and miss you when you are gone. (Granted, we talk about you when you are gone, but we do appreciate you!) 

I always appreciate having something to talk about, in any and all time zones.

(Realising this isn't "The Completely Gratuitous Appreciation Thread")

CHILDREN HAVE TOO MANY DIFFERENT NAMES THESE DAYS!! *Waves stick*

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    Mystiarra said:

today was a big spending day.  fryday

apart from medical bills wihch will likely never be paid off

i finished paying off every single debt, personal loans from friends, commercial debts,  . 
    freedommmm  free as the wind blows free as the grass grows, born freeee

no student debt, car debts, insurance debts, no car - no repairs and upkeep.

is just rent, phone, wifi, webhost.  and every medical thing i can pay 5 bux s month.  the eye dr bills, has 2 eye drs, will send 100 a month. amazon prime. if dragon 4 pro ever arrives
    the occasional donation to buppy shelters. 
    retirement here i come smileyangel

geez ise bored already. 

Congratulations!  What a terrific feeling, yes?

Last month I made my final student loan payment after only *mumble* years.  Another year+ on the car, and then I, too, will finally be dealing with current expenses only.  I cannot wait. 

party hartysmiley

jion snow's storyline is unfinished.  plaint.  is he an unburnt?  what about tyrion?

will they find more dragon eggs?

woo hoo a grocery delivery coming today.  planning a major pig out tnite.  
    toasted corn bread and pbj and my pals ben n jerry, it'll be a threesome + pint of vanilla

why do people go to dialysis what are they doing to them?  it doesnt sound healthy.

complaint  thread shoulda been won by Fixmypcmike

the previous poster double bumped.  thought that wasnt allowed at end of thread time.  
    i remember mbw losing the thred for doing th​at.  not fair

my inbox says 1

i cant find the 1

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Mystiarra said:

the previous poster double bumped.  thought that wasnt allowed at end of thread time.  

Misty,   not double bumped,   it's what happens when we split a thread nowadays.   The top post will actually be made by the moderator who split the thread.   We can then change to name,  just ofr that one ppost, to the person who had the first post on page 101

see the first post of the last iteration    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/369556/the-powered-by-hot-pockets-complaint-thread/p1

Mystiarra said:

toasted corn bread and pbj and my pals ben n jerry, it'll be a threesome + pint of vanilla

why do people go to dialysis what are they doing to them?  it doesnt sound healthy.

They would be far lees healthy if they didn't go.  Jaderail  was on dialysis for 9 years,  it was what kept him alive as he had sustained kidney damamge.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,345
    edited July 2020
    Chohole said:
    Mystiarra said:

Misty,   not double bumped,   it's what happens when we split a thread nowadays.   The top post will actually be made by the moderator who split the thread.   We can then change to name,  just ofr that one ppost, to the person who had the first post on page 101

see the first post of the last iteration    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/369556/the-powered-by-hot-pockets-complaint-thread/p1

Complaint: Nobody has had a chance to "win" the sale thread for quite a few iterations lately

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,189
    edited July 2020
    Mystiarra said:

Not going to dialysis when you need it is not healthy!  

Dialysis: look it up.enlightened

I've never been, but for years I took a relative to dialysis three times a week.  It involves a permanent  tap into a blood vessel that lets the medical technicians quickly connect the patient to a machine that cycles their blood through a machine that performs as an artificial kidney removing toxins that normally come out as pee.cool  Not removing the toxins is a death sentence.surprise  Sometimes quick, sometimes long lingering and painful.no

In a good dialysis unit the patient sits quietly reading or listening to music or sleeping in a comfortable recliner in a pleasant room with a few other patients for a few hours while attached to the machine as the toxins are being removed.yes  However, there are also bad overcrowded, underfunded, dialysis units with unskilled personnel in a dirty environment.no  So having to go through dialysis is something to be carefully researched and funded before you sign up.enlightened

Of course the smart thing to do if you still have time, is to avoid needing dialysis.  Treat your kidneys nicely.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

i afraid of medications over taxing kidneys.

no idea how the slow insulins work

some of them have pancreatitus warnings, thyroid cancer warnings

Chohole said:
    Mystiarra said:

Complaint: Nobody has had a chance to "win" the sale thread for quite a few iterations lately

Aye,  because it has become an "official" thread  and is one of the few that the Daz peeps follow regularly.  It is not an off topic thread.

edited July 2020
    Mystiarra said:

i afraid of medications over taxing kidneys.

no idea how the slow insulins work

some of them have pancreatitus warnings, thyroid cancer warnings

If you're worried, do your due diligence and get trusted information from medical professionals, not the internet and not forum buddies.  Seek advice from professionals.  Not trusting the people who can actually help you is not productive.   Stop panicing.  Just stop it!  Decide to live each day as well as you can.

edited July 2020
    Chohole said:
    Chohole said:
    Mystiarra said:

Aye,  because it has become an "official" thread  and is one of the few that the Daz peeps follow regularly.  It is not an off topic thread.

OMG, we've been officially noticed and are being watched. surprise

Last time I was officially noticed and watched was when our motorcycle club went as a group to DisneyWorld/EPCOT, in full leather gear and looking ugly mean, despite our conversations being about patio construction, Where the French pastry shop was, and who wanted to get a reservation at the Alfredo's restaurant?  We were forced to remove our studded belts and put them in a locker.frown

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,092

Fashion police?

Dana

edited July 2020
    Chohole said:
    Chohole said:
    Mystiarra said:

OMG, we've been officially noticed and are being watched. surprise

Last time I was officially noticed and watched was when our motorcycle club went as a group to DisneyWorld/EPCOT, in full leather gear and looking ugly mean, despite our conversations being about patio construction, Where the French pastry shop was, and who wanted to get a reservation at the Alfredo's restaurant?  We were forced to remove our studded belts and put them in a locker.frown

Tht was talking about the sales thread,   not this thread.  (Report sales issue here.)

Post edited by Chohole on
    DanaTA said:

Fashion police?

Dana

Mouse Detectives.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,221
    DanaTA said:

Fashion police?

Dana

Mouse Detectives.

Clearly not great ones.

edited July 2020

The Confessions, department:  Interestingly enough, back in the early '80s when EPCOT was first opened, there was a lot more undeveloped space between the "countries" around the lake.  The England area for example had a gift & toy shop and a Scottish clothing shop on the outside of the path.  The pub was (and still is) on the inside of the path overlooking the lake.  But on the outside of the path between England and the next "country" was still some wooded area with only a cute English style gazebo around a corner completely out of sight of anybody in the stores or on the path.  My otherhalf and I went to DisneyWorld and EPCOT often because we lived in Orlando and we had a years-pass that covered park entrance and parking (a year's pass was only $100 at the time.surprise)  So EPCOT was essentially a cheap day out for us as long as we didn't go overboard on trinkets and food.  But since we were so familiar with the park, we had investigated a lot of nooks & crannies that other people miss.  We discovered that sheltered gazebo and would go back there and smoke a doobie in semi-relaxed privacy.  This was ancient history so nobody had phones with cameras.  And regular security cameras were as big as a loaf of bread back then so we knew there were none trained on the gazebo.  It was "our spot".  Fond memories. smiley   Shhh, don't tell anybody.​devil

Edited to add:  I just looked it up.  A one-day admission ticket to EPCOT is now $109.  And parking is $45 off season, $50 in-seasonfrown

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666

Kayo 8 looks cute with short hair.

edited July 2020

a real complaint  grocery arrived.  no ben n jerry  wahhhh   no cornbread.  the sodding ... for a medieval setting GOT never said sod

i walked 2 miles this afternoon. for no reward.

to the stop n shop is a 3 mile hike with my rollator. bugger

GOT used the c.s. word a lot.  i dont understand how it's an insult.  would a thunk guys would have gratitude towards the c.s. of the medieval world
    and i thought it was the wyverns had no arms. they has combo arm/wings.  dragons have arms plus wings

Post edited by Mistara on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,092
    Gordig said:
    DanaTA said:

Fashion police?

Dana

Mouse Detectives.

Clearly not great ones.

Sure not Danger Mouse!

Dana

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,676
    edited July 2020

I was banned from disney world, bombed donald and goofy on halloween with whipped shaving cream when I went there lol..... I wonder if they still have me on file after all these years.

Post edited by TheKD on

I'm not surprised.  Beware of strange looking ducks for the rest of your life.

The Well, It Figures, department:  I googled a map of EPCOT and zoomed in on the gazebo at "England".  It's still there, but of course the area has now been completey landscaped and is no longer hidden from view, and there are acorn sized security cameras and mouse detectives everywhere.

EpcotEnglishGazebo.jpg
    1269 x 941 - 157K

say what??

heard a true or false trivia question,   French was the official language of england for 600 years,  ??

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,020
    Mystiarra said:

say what??

heard a true or false trivia question,   French was the official language of england for 600 years,  ??

After the Norman Conquest, in 1066. That date seem familiar? wink

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,020
    edited July 2020

NM

Post edited by TJohn on
This discussion has been closed.