The completely gratuitous complaint thread

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,316
    Mystiarra said:

say what??

heard a true or false trivia question,   French was the official language of england for 600 years,  ??

I think you will find that that was mainly the ruling classes rather than the actual English people.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,189
    edited July 2020
    Mystiarra said:

say what??

heard a true or false trivia question,   French was the official language of england for 600 years,  ??

If true then the English have never forgiven them for it.devil

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    Mystiarra said:

say what??

If true then the English have never forgiven them for it.devil

bc = before cromwell

thinkin about food.

does overloaded nachos count as a food group?
    i has the sour cream, cheese and letuuce
    just need the nachos and a meat non-byproduct

i in a new fued with the house owners.  they cut the water pressure in my shower to save on water.  
    used to be a  minute shower to wash the sweat off.  now is stoopid long thing to wash sweat outta me pores.
    i not in a/c. i sweat all day.  sods.  is a special people to be mean to a blind old lady.

trying work on chapters, but too distracted by nachos dreams and water pressure
    was all primed for dragon men chapter, now the hours of watching GOT is wasted

my hands shift on the keyboard typing gobbledeegook

i should write a word macro to shift the keystrokes 1 to the left or 1 to the right.
    some times i shift, instead of hitting the 'a' i hit the caps lock,  dipb;e grrr

Tjohn said:

NM

charlemain?

i liked David Tennant

think he dr before Matt Smith

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,156

Is this the bitch and moan & complain about everything club?  Have you elected a president king or queen yet?  where can we apply for the position?

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,345
    Ivy said:

Is this the bitch and moan & complain about everything club?  Have you elected a president king or queen yet?  where can we apply for the position?

Yes it is. TheKD is the current president but you can vie for the position when the thread reaches 100 pages.

• EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390

well another "don't make any sense sales", its a "michale sales" full of "female stuffs cool really sometimes i would love to know who is the one to come with the "sales tittle/theme" to make some really "weird ones".

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited July 2020
    Chohole said:
    Mystiarra said:

woo hoo a grocery delivery coming today.  planning a major pig out tnite.  
    toasted corn bread and pbj and my pals ben n jerry, it'll be a threesome + pint of vanilla

why do people go to dialysis what are they doing to them?  it doesnt sound healthy.

They would be far lees healthy if they didn't go.  Jaderail  was on dialysis for 9 years,  it was what kept him alive as he had sustained kidney damamge.

Dialysis is what your kidneys do, which is filter and clean your blood.  If your kidneys stop working, then it's either transplant time or dialysis time.  If you want to live, that is.

Mystiarra said:

i afraid of medications over taxing kidneys.

no idea how the slow insulins work

some of them have pancreatitus warnings, thyroid cancer warnings

If you're worried, do your due diligence and get trusted information from medical professionals, not the internet and not forum buddies.  Seek advice from professionals.  Not trusting the people who can actually help you is not productive.   Stop panicing.  Just stop it!  Decide to live each day as well as you can.

Not trusting your doctors will lead you down the road of believing and doing stupid things that actually hurt your health long term.

TheKD said:

I was banned from disney world, bombed donald and goofy on halloween with whipped shaving cream when I went there lol..... I wonder if they still have me on file after all these years.

Yes, they still have your mug shot posted, even after all these years.  cheeky

Ivy said:

Most "bitching and moaning", as you put it, is restricted to real or perceived slights that may or may not have happened in real life, with very little complaining about DAZ or its products.  I try not to bring a lot of complaints to the conversation because I think there's so much more to life.  Heh, I do think, however; that there should be more complaining about DAZ's stalled development for Hexagon, and the company's non-existent love for Bryce, but I know I've gotta choose my battles carefully.

I've had posts deleted or edited, so I can relate to Ivy's complaint. Sometimes it feels like I'm being slapped down for having the wrong opinion.

I like our moderators, especially Richard and Chohole, and I know they have a difficult job.  But personally, I think we are over-moderated here.  It doesn't keep me away, but it does reduce my participation.  By quite a lot, sometimes.  Please don't hate me; I'm just sharing my personal opinion.

Post edited by Subtropic Pixel on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

≧☉_☉≦

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    DanaTA said:

Complaint: DAZ pulled my Fives-around gift banner after less than 24 hours and I didn't get to use it.

I second that complaint!

Dana

Me too.

Although, as always, it's to my benefit. I didn't spend anything.

yoday might be monday.   not sure til i heck with siri

heading 3 slightly more legible

does 2 miles count as a hike?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    Mystiarra said:

Depends if it's horizontally or vertically.

Mystiarra said:

Depends if it's horizontally or vertically.

it a hilly trek.  Dix Hills.  contemplating if amartetoo worth a 2 mile trek.  i need roscato supplies too

complainy  blurry

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,020

Complaint: Dr. appt.

Non-complaint: Not sick.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    Chohole said:
    Chohole said:
    Chohole said:
    Mystiarra said:

complaint  thread shoulda been won by Fixmypcmike

the previous poster double bumped.  thought that wasnt allowed at end of thread time.  
    i remember mbw losing the thred for doing th​at.  not fair

Misty,   not double bumped,   it's what happens when we split a thread nowadays.   The top post will actually be made by the moderator who split the thread.   We can then change to name,  just ofr that one ppost, to the person who had the first post on page 101

see the first post of the last iteration    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/369556/the-powered-by-hot-pockets-complaint-thread/p1

Complaint: Nobody has had a chance to "win" the sale thread for quite a few iterations lately

Aye,  because it has become an "official" thread  and is one of the few that the Daz peeps follow regularly.  It is not an off topic thread.

OMG, we've been officially noticed and are being watched. surprise

Last time I was officially noticed and watched was when our motorcycle club went as a group to DisneyWorld/EPCOT, in full leather gear and looking ugly mean, despite our conversations being about patio construction, Where the French pastry shop was, and who wanted to get a reservation at the Alfredo's restaurant?  We were forced to remove our studded belts and put them in a locker.frown

Tht was talking about the sales thread,   not this thread.  (Report sales issue here.)

Well, to be honest, owing to the fact that I routinely post here, I'm pretty sure this thread is being watched by someone, though it's not DAZ peeps... more like Homeland Security, Interpol or even the League of Pangalactic Miscreant Monitors.

Ha ha! Guilt by association! I'm dragging you all down with me!

Naa, I wouldn't do that.

Not on purpose... not really.

Probably not.

Its not that bad.

Bye.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,156
    edited July 2020
    Chohole said:
    Mystiarra said:

woo hoo a grocery delivery coming today.  planning a major pig out tnite.  
    toasted corn bread and pbj and my pals ben n jerry, it'll be a threesome + pint of vanilla

why do people go to dialysis what are they doing to them?  it doesnt sound healthy.

They would be far lees healthy if they didn't go.  Jaderail  was on dialysis for 9 years,  it was what kept him alive as he had sustained kidney damamge.

Dialysis is what your kidneys do, which is filter and clean your blood.  If your kidneys stop working, then it's either transplant time or dialysis time.  If you want to live, that is.

Mystiarra said:

i afraid of medications over taxing kidneys.

no idea how the slow insulins work

some of them have pancreatitus warnings, thyroid cancer warnings

If you're worried, do your due diligence and get trusted information from medical professionals, not the internet and not forum buddies.  Seek advice from professionals.  Not trusting the people who can actually help you is not productive.   Stop panicing.  Just stop it!  Decide to live each day as well as you can.

Not trusting your doctors will lead you down the road of believing and doing stupid things that actually hurt your health long term.

TheKD said:

I was banned from disney world, bombed donald and goofy on halloween with whipped shaving cream when I went there lol..... I wonder if they still have me on file after all these years.

Yes, they still have your mug shot posted, even after all these years.  cheeky

Ivy said:

"Please don't hate me; I'm just sharing my personal opinion."

I understand where your coming from. I only try to complain when I am pushed to do so. like spending a fortune on a  product and does not preform as expected.

I do not hate, its to much waste of time and energe, there is better ways of avoiding going to that place..  But when dealing with Advice,Opinions & Censorship. Then I am as most normal average real-life down to earth people that have common sense & real "life skills" that needs to deal with bias & hypocrisy targeted at them. That response should be predictable.

edited for spelling Sorry I am very dyslexic

Post edited by Ivy on
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,259
    Ellessarr said:

well another "don't make any sense sales", its a "michale sales" full of "female stuffs cool really sometimes i would love to know who is the one to come with the "sales tittle/theme" to make some really "weird ones".

That always makes me chuckle. I think I remember seeing a promotion called "What a man!" that had 1 male character and a bunch of stuff for women.
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,221

I see analog clocks so rarely these days that I just realized I don't remember which hand is minutes and which is hours.

Gordig said:

I see analog clocks so rarely these days that I just realized I don't remember which hand is minutes and which is hours.

The big hand is minutes.  It's easy to remember because the adjective minute means small, so the minute hand is...no, wait, never mind.

I figured it out eventually by looking at some pictures, but I also went to the Wikipedia page for "clock", which was...not a proud moment.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,739
    Gordig said:

I guess only time will tell...

Taoz said:
    Gordig said:

I guess only time will tell...

Speaking of, Why Can't This Be Love by Van Halen has one of the stupidest lyrics I've ever heard: "Only time will tell if we stand the test of time". Only time CAN tell. THAT'S WHY IT'S CALLED THE TEST OF TIME.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,189
    edited July 2020
    Gordig said:

The end of civilization as we knew it.  -- old farts

But we still have our secret encrypted writing.  Cursive script. -- old farts

And did you realise that the analog clock's "Second Hand" is actually its third hand? 

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,739

How to play a joke on someone asking for your phone number: if you number is e.g. 12345678 you say "twelve million three hundred and forty five thousand six hundred and seventy eight".

Gordig said:

The end of civilization as we knew it.  -- old farts

But we still have our secret encrypted writing.  Cursive script. -- old farts

And did you realise that the analog clock's "Second Hand" is actually its third hand? 

If you bought your analog clock used, then all its hands are second-hand.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391

So the other day, after years of owning the product, I find out that the Wyvern2.0's  front large fangs don't actually fit inside its mouth when its closed. Not that most people will notice that though.

Also hello again, I kind of forgot about the site <again> and then things happened, and then I got a job that made it hard to get drawings done and stuff because I'd get home and be tired and be all "I just want to relax and play gamess thouuuugh",  then things happened and other things happened and the other day I was using the Wyvern 2.0 to help with a drawing and I was like "Oh drats I should probably go to that forum and say someth1ng"  and so then here I there am be.

I love that wyvern model though, fell in love when I saw it and I still love it to bits today~

Wyvern Dive!!

This discussion has been closed.